Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold?  (Read 5101 times)
grizmoblust

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:05:52 AM

Gold and crypto have differences from each other, such as investing in gold, you don't have to worry about losing money because the selling price of gold increases every year. different from BTC is a digital coin, yes, even though the price of BTC is expensive, it does not guarantee a fixed value. The crypto market is always changing all the time, we don't even know whether BTC will continue to go up or down.
In my opinion, the value of BTC will definitely increase even more in the near future as the price of Bitcoin remains the number one choice for many investors in this market. However, the crypto market is very volatile, so any mistake you make can cost you money, so before buying BTC, you should consider carefully and choose a reasonable price to invest.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:15:07 AM

I'm certain that Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, but due to the volatility nature of cryptocurrency, I'll rather invest in gold or real estate because the value is relatively stable and has intrinsic value which could be enjoyable to me. I remember bitcoin was the best practising currency in the world at year 2017. Hopefully, we would be having more cryptocurrency whose value can contend with Bitcoin and others.
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:21:26 AM

Yes, it does already more valuable than gold. Seeing the market price increase of bitcoin from the day it was created to gold which price to compare should be the day that bitcoin too was created had a huge difference. Bitcoin has been doing a lot of increase than gold.

In my opinion Gold too is valuable but for now we can't deny the fact that bitcoin is really good compare to gold. Many gold investors now also transfer in investing bitcoin and other cryptocurrency the same as with the stock market investors that are now investing in cryptocurrency.
I really prefer to invest in Bitcoin because I can easily sell whenever I feel best and using Bitcoin gives me a lot of other investment options. Gold can be seen as an investment option for everyone but I think gold will soon lose its value and its capitalization will be lower than Bitcoin one day. Of course, nothing can be said and all is prediction.
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 11:42:32 AM

Comparison between gold and crypto are always there and its been discussed few times already. Both has different uses and value but they are totally different.

Gold has physical features and increasing value as time passes. Some people are buying gold as an investment to keep their asset and its been happening for many years already. While crypto is a virtual currency and often tag as digital gold. I think if crypto already adopted by many countries and recognize as digital currency it can gain huge supporters and investors, means a chance to increase in price and became more valuable than gold.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:05:04 PM

Everything goes to this, because the cryptocurrency very quickly reached incredible heights and this is just the beginning, and when the whole world will recognize cryptocurrencies, then the prices of cryptocurrencies will begin to grow even faster and many cryptocurrencies will be more valuable and more expensive than gold.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:13:02 PM

Everything goes to this, because the cryptocurrency very quickly reached incredible heights and this is just the beginning, and when the whole world will recognize cryptocurrencies, then the prices of cryptocurrencies will begin to grow even faster and many cryptocurrencies will be more valuable and more expensive than gold.
Just an update,This market is already here for more than 10 years meaning there are much time for us to beat Gold but yet nothing happens.
Gold has been existing for thousand of years and consider as the most valuable thing to be founded so this will never happen overnight.
Not unless the whole world will support and use Bitcoin then thats another thing to expect in right time.

AceKnight

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

Web Designer/Developer here!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2020, 12:17:19 PM

It's not going anywhere, It's not gonna plummet to 0 in a single day. it's here to stay since more and more companies are coming forward and doing ICOs instead of getting fundings from VCs. So one day maybe it will be stable and be even more valuable than diamonds.

Salamstar

Activity: 534
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:27:12 PM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

Cryptocurrencies have become a more valuable store of wealth in the long term compared to gold, and Bitcoin in particular has become the most valuable investment compared to gold. And that is despite the fact that gold has jumped past its record highs.
Even real gold became a digital currency through an alliance between many large and well-known companies in the field of digital currencies, where the DGLD digital currency was created to be a representative of real gold that was stored, and the DGLD currency, or as it is called Digital Gold, was secured by the Bitcoin blockchain technology A sideChain network built on the Bitcoin network dedicated to the DGLD coin was created.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:31:16 PM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
I don't know why people compare crypto with Gold? Both are not similar in terms of anything other than expensive and popularity!

Bitcoin is already expensive than gold if you compare the units in grams or in oz!!!
swordking

Activity: 449

swordking

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:33:14 PM

In my opinion crypto would be more valuable than gold at the moment because crypto has very high potential in its growth so basically gold prices wouldn't grow as the prices grow in the crypto market.

my account was hacked by moondefi since past few years。 the moondefi is a scam, be careful!
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:34:47 PM

It's not going anywhere, It's not gonna plummet to 0 in a single day. it's here to stay since more and more companies are coming forward and doing ICOs instead of getting fundings from VCs. So one day maybe it will be stable and be even more valuable than diamonds.
That One day may take many years before coming to happen right?

Bitcoin is extensively getting higher and higher each day but Beating Gold is like being adopted the whole world and that would be more waiting just to happen.

Thats the main objective of Satoshi Nakamoto for Bitcoin to be used by every people all around the world but it comes to be hard and after 10 years of existence still not even half of the world is accepting this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:35:00 PM

Cryptocurrency will be the usual currency in the future, but Gold will always be the main currency that makes the difference in tough times.
Just look at all the wars so far and the role that gold play in them.  
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 01:05:47 PM

In next 2 years time i am extremely bullish about crypto market especially bitcoin and ethereum mainly but other good coins will grow massively as well. We have to accept the fact that crypto and digital assets are getting acceptance worldwide and this will lead us to adoption which will result in insane demand and value of top coins.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 01:20:15 PM

The value of something is depends on the supply and demand but we can't compare crypto into gold in terms of value. Bitcoin reached ATH at $20K but kilo gold is more than a million. Crypto is digital currency while gold is an stable asset from the nature. Gold can last for a long period of time even till the end of the world because it was already there since the beginning. Crypto is very young compared to it and it will not last for so long like gold because it's value always depends on demand and supply together with it's features and uses.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
usm2000

Activity: 156
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:00:31 PM

I always think the future will be fair weather, crypto its only a matter of time crypto moreover already popular many people started studying, about crypto maybe if thrust with the eradication of false project will i am sure crypto sent and creating all people will believe crypto
budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:00:52 PM

If we compare prices for now Bitcoin is much more valuable than gold, but gold that has existed since ancient times and with a value that is always stable, is different from cryptocurrencies that are not always stable, I think crypto is currently more valuable than gold because of its value.
bambaleyla4

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:13:58 PM

Crypto is valuable but I don't think that it would be more valuable than gold.  Remember it is only a technology and technology become obsolete in due time.  We can see where it can outshine gold but I believe that it won't out last the valuability of gold.  In short crypto can be more valuable than gold in certain point of history and diminish but gold will always remain valuable for eternity.
I think he was referring to the capitalization of cryptocurrencies and gold.  Objectively, the capitalization of cryptocurrencies may well exceed the capitalization of gold, but this will definitely not happen in the next few years.
JamalAmal99

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 02:29:12 PM

gold will always be the best investment choice for now and forever, especially for the next few years, gold will experience an increase / Bullish Trend and cause the capitalization of the gold to increase compared to before.

shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:10:19 PM

If we compare prices for now Bitcoin is much more valuable than gold, but gold that has existed since ancient times and with a value that is always stable, is different from cryptocurrencies that are not always stable, I think crypto is currently more valuable than gold because of its value.
Price does not mean value and comparing gold with bitcoin is stupid. Gold is the best tool to save your money in the fiat world, and bitcoin is the best among cryptocurrencies.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Andrews193

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:54:16 PM

Crypto is valuable but I don't think that it would be more valuable than gold.  Remember it is only a technology and technology become obsolete in due time.  We can see where it can outshine gold but I believe that it won't out last the valuability of gold.  In short crypto can be more valuable than gold in certain point of history and diminish but gold will always remain valuable for eternity.
Agree, crypto is an intellectual property and it's only valid for a certain amount of time, the time it is still is so new and well worth it for everyone to invest in, the biggest advantage of crypto is a short-term spike while the advantage of gold is the eternity of time. It is very clear that over time, gold is still gradually reaching its peak, but crypto has changed in terms of personnel, go slowly and have stable values, but in general, if we want to make money quickly through investment, we should still invest in crypto, gold is just the future

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: