Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold?  (Read 5101 times)
oprahwindfury

Activity: 568
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 08:16:16 AM

Things value are decided on their need and demands.As much it has demand on people,the rate will increase and at the case of crypto vs gold.Bitcoin ethereum's values had already defeated the gold price.Extra activities will pay extra surely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 03:11:57 PM

It might be that in the public some crypto currencies are more valuable than gold, say the bitcoin for example. But the thing about crypto is that it is too unstable, its in the top of the market now but its anyones guess if it stays there or if it dies, unlike gold it doesnt plummet to the depths of value randomly, but through out time gold stayed and becomes even more valuable. What im saying is, crypto might seem like above gold but its unsable and no one knows when itll turn to nothing.

sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 07:42:38 PM

maybe this coin can answer your question (YFI). This is a coin that has a much higher price than bitcoin, and is listed in various markets. This is a coin that has a very high price, even if you find out about the highest price, it is extraordinary. I hope the price of bitcoin can be like that. however, it is much higher than gold.

You should not only look at the price of one coin, but also look at the capitalization of all issued coins. The capitalization of YFI is 720 million dollars, the capitalization of bitcoin is 190 billion dollars. I think the numbers speak for themselves.

blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 08:01:23 PM

As the cryptocurrency community, I must be optimistic that someday crypto can be more valuable than gold.
Even we're from the cryptocurrency community, be optimistic about something that can't happen is a bit unrealistic. Gold is vastly different than crypto. If there are the gold-backed token that still requires real gold to function properly then you can already see the difference of gold and crypto.

But in the next few years, I am sure many people will realize that crypto is more valuable than gold.
I think crypto still has a long way to goes and it doesn't need to be the next gold or have more valuable than gold next in the next few years. What many people need to realize that crypto will change the way of how currency work, gold, and fiat will be outdated in the future.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 03:13:54 AM

The supply of Bitcoin is transparent indeed, but not all cryptocurrency are like that.
Some of them are not defined, like Ethereum for example, it has no max supply. My point is, cryptocurrency is very valuable not just because it is transparent, but it is also because decentralized.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 06:24:08 AM

Can't and won't - just because you're comparing two completely different things.
Gold is not just a tool for investment. This is also
1) technical material
2) decoration
3) minting of commemorative coins
and other applications for billions of people.
What about cryptocurrency? That's it. Much smaller user base.
The final value of a thing consists not only of its price but also of its general demand. So I don't think that one day cryptocurrencies will become more valuable than gold, I'm sorry
Ayomayowa247

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 09:42:35 AM

Yes because Crypto as limited supply than Gold, Gold is Old Money but Crypto like BTC, ETH, LTC  are new Digital Gold
Harten

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 10:06:27 AM

Can't and won't - just because you're comparing two completely different things.
1) technical material
2) decoration
The final value of a thing consists not only of its price but also of its general demand. So I don't think that one day cryptocurrencies will become more valuable than gold, I'm sorry
Crypto has a lot of use cases to. Do you know about hundreds of dapps?
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 10:17:31 AM

This argument has been here for years and Yet no concrete answer has been settled,because Both has different Function and flavor.

Gold is the most precious Material ever found by humans.

Bitcoin is the Most precious Virtual currency ever created by Humans.

Looking to that they are not comparable and stop this nonsense .

lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 10:23:03 AM

Gold is the most precious Material ever found by humans.

Bitcoin is the Most precious Virtual currency ever created by Humans.
Its just shows that they are both valuable on their own.

They are two different thing, one has physical feature while the other one is existing on digital world.

We cant say if crypto can really surpass gold, only time can tell and it depends on crypto adoption of each country because its the key to recognize it worldwide.

lotus23

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 10:27:22 AM

Both are alternative assets, but gold has traditionally been used as a more secure mean of investment and transactions.
Now a days,Bitcoin continues to gain value, should prove easier to accept as a legitimate form of currency. No doubt Bitcoin is a digital gold.
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 11:23:54 AM

1) technical material
2) decoration
You are right, what is far different is the much smaller user base for cryptocurrency compared to gold. we can already see some crypto also collaborating with gold or gold mining. some even claim they are digital gold. but do we see such crypto survive well in the crypto market and have stable development so far?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 11:43:27 AM

I think in the future, bitcoin may be more valuable than gold. because as technology develops, people will switch to new technology, including in terms of payments and investments. and at that time, the most valuable asset in the hand was crypto. because apart from being a means of payment, also as an investment and trading. besides, many new projects will emerge to support the development of technology and that will make the value of crypto itself rise.
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2096

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2020, 12:04:31 PM

This question will only lead to speculation about these two valuable asset. I love bitcoin as well as gold as an investment asset but both have their own advantages and disadvantages and should be accepted by everyone. Gold has been around for centuries and is used by world commodities, while bitcoin exist as a transparent decentralized currency. As a payment system, bitcoin is superior to gold because of the ease of transaction but bitcoin is only a decade old. These two assets will continue to be compared, to determine which one is the best in my opinion depending on how we accept the risk.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Dukekjams

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 07, 2020, 03:10:35 PM

Crypto is a new world that would gap so many bridges among human race. Saying Crypto can't be valuable than gold is like saying post office letter can be valuable than email. At some in time revolution of money would began or let me say has already began and Crypto would be the king of all. Congrats to those who has already adopted Crypto. By the way you all can check out titan Project on coingecko or COINMARKETcap. Lovely project, lovely team, solid use case.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 03:29:03 PM

1) technical material
2) decoration
You are right, what is far different is the much smaller user base for cryptocurrency compared to gold. we can already see some crypto also collaborating with gold or gold mining. some even claim they are digital gold. but do we see such crypto survive well in the crypto market and have stable development so far?

I really like the idea of working with gold companies. This is a good development of such things as metal Bank deposits and I see good potential here.
The main thing that such tokens shoudnt to turn into garbage due to some greedy/stupid decisions of owners and then they will have a very good future.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 06:42:00 PM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
Definitely, these features will bring the future of cryptocurrencies into the limelight of the masses.  Gold is good but can't be compare to cryptocurrency with fixed supply, the decentralization of the cryptocurrency industry will made this industry superior to  gold IMO. Cryptocurrencies will be the future of currency and transactions because of it transparency compare to our modern days financial system.

FOPL

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 07:01:24 PM

I think it more of adoption. If people turn to understand and use crypto in their daily lives, crypto will become more valuable. What we are lacking now is merchants accepting crypto. We have a few buts we need the majority. I believe things will be better with payment platforms like NOWPayments working hard to help merchants in processing crypto payments. 
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:20:51 AM

I think in the future, bitcoin may be more valuable than gold. because as technology develops, people will switch to new technology, including in terms of payments and investments. and at that time, the most valuable asset in the hand was crypto. because apart from being a means of payment, also as an investment and trading. besides, many new projects will emerge to support the development of technology and that will make the value of crypto itself rise.
This is what I have been waiting for because Bitcoin is actually becoming the investment trend that many investors expect and can be easily managed without anyone controlling.

Gold may still be a safe asset for everyone, but certainly only obsolete investors will love this option. I put my faith in Bitcoin because this coin will definitely change the world one day and will be an asset for everyone to consider.
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:33:33 AM

They are two different thing but yet the most valuable to the human right now. Gold has being found many years back then and being used for many kind of reason in daily life till today.. Cryptos has being found for 10+ years now and has being increased it values because of the peoples nowadays has being using the internet a lot and using cryptos a lot for buying and selling stuff in the internet. Two different thing but very in need for daily life.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: