Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:22:37 PM

alright
https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status
they's fuk'n with us

MULLICK!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 07:41:15 PM

We'll have Cryptsy back online soon. Good news ahead.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:53:41 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 11:34:40 PM by Gekko463

Plus somebody is buying DOGE, has gone from 37 to 47 in about a day and a half...

zetacoin, megacoin, peercoin, worldcoin, primecoin, 24hr volume has picked up...I dont expect anything from it though

Why should we expect anything of it?

There is no CNY/UNO pair anywhere on this planet and the only UNO in all of Asia are probably the ones in my wallet now Wolong's wallets are probably empty.

How do we get it onto a Chinese exchange?  That will make much more difference than any of the putzing about in the outback I have constantly got to scroll through to find a nugget of importance like BCN's post about the volume spikes.

All of those coins trade in China.  UNO evidently only trades in Perth, Hanoi, a few ex-Soviet paradises, and the fly-over part of the U.S.

We need some talent.

Anyone speak Chinese?
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:21:36 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 09:06:13 PM by FallingKnife

While the final release of the Unobtanium 0.10 Windows client is not available, this interim beta build was compiled by Myriad's 8Bitcoder from Bryce's Git, and is working wonderfully. Thank you 8bitcoder for stepping in to assist. Bryce and I and many others appreciate your contribution.

The interim Windows wallet can be downloaded from Unobtanium.uno, or from this link.

VirusTotal Result shows zero problems.

I’ve tested this release on 3 of my computers, and sent it off to several core community members to try.   My results and the feedback I have received so far has been very good.  

Of course, before installing *please* backup your wallet.dat file.

This build was compiled from github.com/unobtanium-official/Unobtanium/    
In my tests, I updated over my existing 0.9.5 installs, and it worked fine.  When you first run it, it will re-index the blockchain.  I sent & received coins. Locked/unlocked my wallet. Uno that had not arrived in my 0.9.5 wallet were found safe and sound in this 0.10 wallet. Connections to other 0.10 peers are are found easily.

You will notice a few small rough edges that will be ironed out by Bryce in the final release (for example, the startup image doesn’t quite fit, the “request payment uri link doesn’t go anywhere, etc) but it works fine on the important functions.

This interim release will remove most of the remaining 0.9.5 wallets from the network, relieve some concerns, give your your coins back, and give BW some space to finish up.  

The final 0.10 wallets will be released later.  Please let me know if you encounter any issues. A PM would be best so I don't miss it.

Mac Users:
Sorry, your wallet is not available yet. Yes, I know...  and you're right. Our Mac user are *super* important to the Unoverse, and you deserve your wallet now. I'd be disappointed if Gekko doesn't give me some well deserved shit about this.  It is coming, and deeply regret it is not available this minute.

Nostr:
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:53:05 PM

While the final release of the Unobtanium 0.10 Windows client is not available, this interim beta build compiled by Myriad's 8Bitcoder is working wonderfully. Thank you 8bitcoder for stepping in to assist. Bryce and I and many others appreciate your contribution.

This interim Windows wallet can be downloaded from Unobtanium.uno, or from this link.

I’ve tested this release on 3 of my computers, and sent it off to several core community members to try.   My results and the feedback I have received so far has been very good.  

In my tests, I updated over my existing 0.9.5 installs, and it worked fine.  When you first run it, it will re-index the blockchain.  I sent & received coins. Locked/unlocked my wallet. Uno that had not arrived in my 0.9.5 wallet were found safe and sound in this 0.10 wallet. Connections to other 0.10 peers are are found easily.

You will notice a few small rough edges that will be ironed out by Bryce in the final release (for example, the startup image doesn’t quite fit, the “request payment uri link doesn’t go anywhere, etc) but it works fine on the important functions.

This interim release will remove most of the remaining 0.9.5 wallets from the network, relieve some concerns, give your your coins back, and give BW some space to finish up.  The final 0.10 wallets will be released later.

Mac Users:
Sorry, your wallet is not available yet. Yes, I know...  and you're right. Our Mac user are *super* important to the Unoverse, and you deserve your wallet now. It is coming, and deeply regret it is not available this minute.

Grrrreat news! Thanks a thousand times to 8Bitcoder!
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:11:42 PM

Great work, well done.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:12:59 PM

Great work, well done.
Absolutely! Thanks to 8Bitcoder!

EDIT: Has anyone received any update on Cryptsy withdrawal / deposit status?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:32:30 PM

I am also pleased to announce that after tearing my hair out for 3 days, I have fixed my build issues on linux. Longest damned wallet build of my life, but I am happy to be back in the game with UNO.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:46:17 PM

While I'm extremely grateful to 8bitcoder for building the installer, I'm also grateful to BW for his work on merged mining and this new release. It has been a ton of work, and he's not finished yet. As a community, we need to recruit and motivate some other fine coders who can step up to contribute to this project.

While this transition hasn't gone down the way any of us wanted, we are getting through this because we are Unobtanium. Uno will be stronger for it. We will continue to demonstrate how to work together and reach out to others to solve problems.  

Uno is entering an exciting new phase as an ultrasecure store of value. The Unobtanium blockchain is now one of the most secure on the planet, and will continue to strengthen.  Thanks to BW for that, and our new partners at mmpool and xpool.ca, and soon others.  It is bittersweet as we will very likely say goodbye to some old mining pool friends who have served Uno well. I hope they have enjoyed the ride and will remain in our community. Thank you solo-miners and pools, for taking Uno this far and remaining loyal through the block halvings.

We're not done yet. We'e just getting started.  Watch for the final Windows and Mac wallets.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:47:32 PM

Great work, well done.
Absolutely! Thanks to 8Bitcoder!

EDIT: Has anyone received any update on Cryptsy withdrawal / deposit status?
I email Cryptsy about 1 hour ago. I hope they will enable withdrawals soon, after their usual review process. I'd be patient and give them another 24 hours.

Nostr:
TogoMan

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:47:57 PM

While the final release of the Unobtanium 0.10 Windows client is not available, this interim beta build was compiled by Myriad's 8Bitcoder from Bryce's Git, and is working wonderfully. Thank you 8bitcoder for stepping in to assist. Bryce and I and many others appreciate your contribution.

The interim Windows wallet can be downloaded from Unobtanium.uno, or from this link.

This interim release will remove most of the remaining 0.9.5 wallets from the network, relieve some concerns, give your your coins back, and give BW some space to finish up.  

The final 0.10 wallets will be released later.  Please let me know if you encounter any issues. A PM would be best so I don't miss it.

Mac Users:
Sorry, your wallet is not available yet. Yes, I know...  and you're right. Our Mac user are *super* important to the Unoverse, and you deserve your wallet now. I'd be disappointed if Gekko doesn't give me some well deserved shit about this.  It is coming, and deeply regret it is not available this minute.

Are you serious?
A binary supplied by someone from the internet?
Who guarantees this binary does not steal private keys? Unless "Myriad's 8Bitcoder" is a trusted person, nothing from him should be published and even put on the official UNO page.

And posting a virustotal.com log, is total bullshit, as it can only detect things it already knows. I can compile a Windows wallet that sends the private key to me in under 20minutes. And there will be 0 virustotal.com detections for it.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:52:28 PM

Mac Users:
Sorry, your wallet is not available yet. Yes, I know...  and you're right. Our Mac user are *super* important to the Unoverse, and you deserve your wallet now. I'd be disappointed if Gekko doesn't give me some well deserved shit about this.  It is coming, and deeply regret it is not available this minute.

Are you serious?
Who guarantees this binary does not steal private keys? Unless "Myriad's 8Bitcoder" is a trusted person, nothing from him should be published and even put on the official UNO page.

And posting a virustotal.com log, is total bullshit, as it can only detect things it already knows. I can compile a Windows wallet that sends the private key to me in under 20minutes. And there will be 0 virustotal.com detections for it.
A valid concern. You're welcome to wait for BW's final wallet.

It wasn't just suplied by some anonymous guy on the internet. Some trusted long time Uno community members who know this programmer reached out to him to see if he could assist, and he agreed. I was informed through the process. I feel comfortable with the way it went down, and I trust this wallet. You're 100% welcome not to trust it, or to compile your own.

Nostr:
TogoMan

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:08:57 PM

Okay, that is a bit better, but I really think there should be a standard procedure to create these binaries.
There should be one, max two persons in charge, who use a verfied build environment to create those win/mac binaries and then publish them on the offical page along with some checksums to verify the file integrity.

We are dealing with some kind of money here, so just asking people to ask other people to compile a binary, and then publish it as the "official" one, is a really, really bad idea. I do not want to imagine what would happen if an attacker manages to sneak in his binary.

Knowing this, I now have to use wallets that I have compiled myself, which is somewhat annoying.
Gekko463

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:17:06 PM

"Mac Users:
Sorry, your wallet is not available yet. Yes, I know...  and you're right. Our Mac user are *super* important to the Unoverse, and you deserve your wallet now. I'd be disappointed if Gekko doesn't give me some well deserved shit about this.  It is coming, and deeply regret it is not available this minute."

@FK:  sorry to disappoint but you will get no shit from me on this.

1.  You are busting ass for this.  Thank you.

2.  BW probably has a few larger fish to fry, and if there's any blame about missing a well defined and concrete deadline, it belongs at his doorstep.  But he's a busy guy and UNO is probably not the most profitable project on his desk now.  We don't pay him, so really, everything, even late and clusterfucked, is a cherished gift.  I am glad we have a "name" on this thing of ours.  Even if we are not his highest priority.

3.  As a management call, getting the Windows wallet done first is a no-brainer.  Market share, the good of the many outweighing the needs of the few...etc.  I can sit tight.  Not beaming around coins at the moment so I can wait.

4.  As I mentioned to the kind folks at Neucoin (I am banned there now), nobody is "in charge" of UNO.  Whales have bought their position, there is no Chief, only Indians.  It is a miracle anything gets done, yet it seems to, which is magic.

5.  I wonder how much it would cost to hire some Chinese kids to translate unobtanium.uno into Chinese, then promote the hell out of it on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) and do some of that SEO stuff?  One Chinese guy with $100k could own UNO like his personal bitch and take us on a magic carpet ride.  It needs to get on BTC38.com or another prominent exchange behind the Great Wall of money there.  We need some good old fashioned Chinese propaganda to catch that yellow whale's eye.

#5 was totally off topic.  Just on my mind since BitCoinNational's post on the little altcoin volume surge in China today.  It will never happen to us if we are not in front of Chinese eyeballs.

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 10:24:52 PM

5.  I wonder how much it would cost to hire some Chinese kids to translate unobtanium.uno into Chinese, then promote the hell out of it on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) and do some of that SEO stuff?  One Chinese guy with $100k could own UNO like his personal bitch and take us on a magic carpet ride.  It needs to get on BTC38.com or another prominent exchange behind the Great Wall of money there.  We need some good old fashioned Chinese propaganda to catch that yellow whale's eye.

#5 was totally off topic.  Just on my mind since BitCoinNational's post on the little altcoin volume surge in China today.  It will never happen to us if we are not in front of Chinese eyeballs.

Your points are well taken.

As for number five. I have a friend that uses:

www.elance.com

for a bunch of spreadsheet and web stuff. Most of the work is done in SE Asia for very affordable prices.

I'm sure that there's someone on there that could do what you speak of...

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Gekko463

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:29:27 PM

Okay, that is a bit better, but I really think there should be a standard procedure to create these binaries.
There should be one, max two persons in charge, who use a verfied build environment to create those win/mac binaries and then publish them on the offical page along with some checksums to verify the file integrity.

We are dealing with some kind of money here, so just asking people to ask other people to compile a binary, and then publish it as the "official" one, is a really, really bad idea. I do not want to imagine what would happen if an attacker manages to sneak in his binary.

Knowing this, I now have to use wallets that I have compiled myself, which is somewhat annoying.

I get and appreciate your security concerns.

Nobody is in charge of anything here.  If you see something that needs doing, feel free to do it.  You can even be in charge if you like.

Nobody is forcing you to compile wallets.  Sit tight.  It's getting done.  Do you have to move around coins every day?  If not, chill.

But yeah, your security message is well received and appreciated.

Now, since your wallet is compiled, send Falling Knife a nice kilo of UNO for being a dick to him.  He does this for free.
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:53:33 PM

I get and appreciate your security concerns.

Nobody is in charge of anything here.  If you see something that needs doing, feel free to do it.  You can even be in charge if you like.

Nobody is forcing you to compile wallets.  Sit tight.  It's getting done.  Do you have to move around coins every day?  If not, chill.

But yeah, your security message is well received and appreciated.

Now, since your wallet is compiled, send Falling Knife a nice kilo of UNO for being a dick to him.  He does this for free.

I assure you I have had many discussions with IMZ in regards to security. A lot of people are blissfully unaware of such things, and yes education is important. However Gekko has a valid point, if you want something done securely there is no better person to do it than yourself! That is why I spent the better part of 3 days working on a build for 64-bit Debian. Sure I could wait for a binary, or rant about the lack thereof. But in my short time with the UNO community I have learned if you are looking for a super fast paced environment, you are in the wrong place.

I also appreciate all that helped me with my issues.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 11:21:50 PM

I was trying to build a Uno wallet on Ubuntu yesterday, but failed. Would be very cool Siameze if you (or someone) would write a step-by-step instruction, or a script of some sort, that would grab everything, install it and compile. I found a BCT thread that had scripts for many different coins, and I tried to modify for Uno, but didn't succeed on my first try.

I'd love to be one of the elite here who could do what you just taught yourself to do.  Smiley

Nostr:
Gekko463

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:25:34 PM

Your points are well taken.

As for number five. I have a friend that uses:

www.elance.com

for a bunch of spreadsheet and web stuff. Most of the work is done in SE Asia for very affordable prices.

I'm sure that there's someone on there that could do what you speak of...

1.  Yes, great idea.  Looks like just translating the web page text would be $15-20.  No sweat, but key would be identifying a translator with knowledge of crypto currency, so that words like "hash" don't end up being translated into a symbol for things that SirSmokesAlot and I may or may not have in common....

I will work on this.

2.  I would suggest a few Chinese additions to the webpage before sending the text off for translation.  Most of these could be done now for free (who takes care of the webpage?)

Exchanges:  add BTC38.com, and Bter.com marked "coming soon"

Quotations:  add current quote for CNY/UNO available at http://coinmill.com/CNY_UNO.html and https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/unobtanium/cny

"Talk Uno":  open an Unobtainium account on Weibo and mirror the UNO Twitter feed.  It would be cool if somebody could get a Chinese girlfriend to handle this.  All of mine are Vietnamese.  Add link to Unobtanium Weibo in the "Talk Uno" section.

3.  Once we have a Chinese webpage that mirrors the English one (same site, just choose Union Jack or Chinese Flag?),

---we see about getting a few articles published (in Chinese) that one of us writes (our standard pitch PLUS the potential for owning something so rare and EXCLUSIVE in China...) pointing people to the page.

---Hire Chinese SEO guy (maybe $100) to get our site high on Baidu (Chinese Google).

Write some short sweet emails to the major exchanges mentioned above pointing to all the publicity we just created and ask them to list UNO.

Sounds to me like about $150 could bootstrap the effort.  That's about 60 UNO.

I could pay all the bills, post them here, and collect contributions after I have paid.

Anyone have more to add to this early morning brainstorm?  (6:25 am Hanoi time)
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 11:33:41 PM

Are you serious?

FWIW, although I did not reach out to 8bitcoder I will vouch for he/she as being a talented, honest coin dev with a passion for the craft. 8bit's Myriadcoin is the first multi-algorithm (5 algo's mined concurrently) coin, even having a paragraph in Andreas Antonopoulos' book "Mastering Bitcoin". I trust 8bit, and I trust that FK received the binaries from 8bit. Not trying to advertise for it, just giving my endorsement. (Frankly, I'm a bit surprised someone was able to get 8bit to do it, kudos.)

But that's the problem with binaries, at some point you have to trust someone. Otherwise you will need to review the source code and compile your own. Agreed that a more formal solution is in order. (I will say that I am paranoid and don't trust anyone so I always compile my own, even Bitcoin. Not that everyone can do that...)

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: