Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

Get ready for cheap Bitcoin. Make sure to be still liquid when/if we hit double digits.

Uno should be able to survive a collapse of BTC imo thanks to strong holders and low inflation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:19:41 PM

This should help start an $UNO bull market too:

@DPRK_News: Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un named Best Dressed Man in Democratic People's Republic of Korea for third consecutive year http://t.co/bL13fEnZCk

Thank goodness for our Supreme Supporter!  Hope he hasn't spent too much on sporty threads to buy some more $UNO!

Wink

More proof that $UNO never goes out of style.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:34:46 PM

I think I've seen a few references now to Dictators owning UNO, how did that joke originate?

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:36:02 PM

I think I've seen a few references now to Dictators owning UNO, how did that joke originate?
Kim Jong UN-O

The sad irony is how free the country would be if the people had access to crypto currencies!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:49:34 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 04:26:24 PM by RDDRocket

232kg up for sale at 0.007 for those folks in here who were concerned they missed out during the latest clearance sale.

I'm taking from .0068 again this morning.  Grin

EDIT: I guess nobody is going to buy any of it?
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:39:30 PM

232kg up for sale at 0.007 for those folks in here who were concerned they missed out during the latest clearance sale.

Someone will eventually. I've already bought my share at these levels otherwise I would have taken the whole thing by now. UNO is 42.5% of my crypto portfolio at the moment & I only intended it to be ~15% when we were around 0.009-0.01. I won't be buying more unless it heads below 0.006 again.

RDDRocket

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:45:50 PM

Someone will eventually. I've already bought my share at these levels otherwise I would have taken the whole thing by now. UNO is 42.5% of my crypto portfolio at the moment & I only intended it to be ~15% when we were around 0.009-0.01. I won't be buying more unless it heads below 0.006 again.

Yeah, I've bought more than expected now as well. This is pretty cheap. Ideally, quite a few people will buy 20-30 some coins out of that chunk. Spread the wealth a bit.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:15:10 PM

I'm up to buy some more, but it'll be a few days before I can scrape up the Bitcoin.
hemeras

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:20:33 PM

just bought some @ 600051 Smiley bottom is reached now (i'm hope) and i'm back in business

hemeras

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:21:44 PM

my total is almost 250 now
RDDRocket

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:10:25 AM

I'm full to my gills now, it's all on you guys. I bought about 200 UNO today alone. wheew.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:07:03 AM

"All this nice talking crap doesn't help this coin up ...buy support does!"

Hey, hemeras. I recall you saying this months ago. Yup. Bingo. Correct.

m
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:02:34 AM

@cryptothreads ... if you want great T-shirt artwork checkout Bluemans Uno work ... lots to choose from!

Thanks BitcoinNational. I think I saw Bluemans work. I'll be posting my artwork shortly  Cool
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:11:07 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 04:56:57 PM by BitcoinNational

de nada Smiley
here's a link, sorry Blueman's art is scattered around the pages
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/30323-memes-slogans/page-3

uno is now nearly in the year 2060 inflation wise to btc

=========================

"All this nice talking crap doesn't help this coin up ...buy support does!"
- Hemeras

True.  Very True.  
I look at like this:
This thread creates the dialog that shapes and creates the Un future.
The market is another dialog unto itself.

Regarding buy support.  We've battled for the better part of 1 year holding the line.  My guess is that there is some fatigue and most are running low on btc ammo.  And now the market dialog for those who've been on the frontline for a while seems to be "Bring it on!" and take it as low as you dare go.  Why?  Because a fair bull run can hit 0.011 or better and do it for under 1 ton of un buy ups. And we are getting close to another halving, cough, that means inflation of under 4kg/day.  Work the math, add the mountain of hash power competing for the 4kg, factor the desire of early adopters whom wish to hold +100kg, consider under $200 btc, and last but not least that old human vice called greed.

"Uno you'll only need one!"
that can be a very real claim in less than 24 months from now Wink  

=============================

thinking food

ex: https://www.coinffeine.com/about.html https://bcexchange.org/

re: decentalized exchanges

1. drop banks/$$$/exchanges from the equation
2. now we are left with crypto to crypto / p2p
3. add smart contracts for the future right to settle in $$$, but crypto (UNO) held as the collateral
4. add global p2p 'trust' scores
5. add local crypto 'IMZ' malls for cash -or- carry goods
6. = UNO baby!

At the end of the day people will prefer a low inflation, top50 cap, multiple exchange listed, high hash protected, known good coin (born in 2013 = long track record).  Adam has $25k in poloniex $usd (hence KYC cleared).  Bill has $30k in BTC-e $usd (cuz screw the federalies).  Chuck holds in his wallet 700kg of UNO smart contracted for the right to settle in Vanillacoin for the value of $9900 in 90days, and his contracted counterparty holds 185000 VNL (of his) in their wallet.  

just my opinion but this is the direction to take UNO in 2016 ... CASE USE digital collateral of choice for p2p decentalized exchanges of all sorts (forex/commodities/stocks/crypto)

footnotes:
*long contracts ... we are not going to compete with BTC/LTC/xrp they have sway for very short term contract collateral
**We end up competing with Nu & Tether in this model, but offer a different 'non-fixed' product
***The store-of-value commodity vault HODL concept is also in play but different case use
****Vendors & Products still need to be brought on board but as a less important case use
******un ex is just taking a nap Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
RDDRocket

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:25:00 PM

I'm with you BitcoinNational, I've been thinking these things since the beginning of UNO, but it sure is taking people a long time to even read into UNO or find interest in it. This is what needs better advertising in the community, I just don't know how. Unfortunately this last year or so it's also had an unfair stigma against it just because of BW in some people's minds. I said a couple weeks ago, Horus, one of the Cryptsy admins tried to get the coin delisted just because he thought it was BW's coin! I explained to him that it was not, and I'd ask to have his name removed from the website altogether.

That whole ordeal is just unfortunate, but moving forward, I guess either through the test of time, or through "applying" to be accepted through more vendors and whatnot we need to get people informed on what absolute low inflation can do for a coin, and why it can be a great place to hedge a bit of your money.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:38:57 PM

Great stuff in the UNO TECH link in your signature BitcoinNational. I'm satisfied about how much of that I've already figured out and implemented piece by piece on my own previously. There are a few things though that I'd like to have clarified.

1) Say you make 5 addresses and send funds to them, then place the encrypted backup on an encrypted USB in the secondary location. Then I make five new addresses and send funds to them. Does the secondary backup still access the original 5 addresses? I'm not sure if adding new addresses invalidates the entire old private key, or if we're warned about that just because the newest addresses wouldn't be backed up. Say if the first 5 addresses contain 1,000 uno but the next 5 contain only 10 UNO, then I won't fuss about it as long as the original 5 are still covered. I suppose it shouldn't matter, I should just make 50 new addresses, label them then I can leave the secondary backup for years and not have to worry about it.

2) In regards to keyloggers. I've gotten a bit paranoid that you can never really know if you're free of keyloggers. I went to the extent of placing a basic Linux program on a USB drive to initialize my ledger wallets offline. Although I do use ESET NOD32, which it seems literally updates my virus signature about 10 times per day. I do visit sites cragv warned against, things you wouldn't tell your grandmother about or torrents or w.e. So my two questions here are: Should I be able to feel at least 98% confident that my computer is safe from keyloggers while using ESET NOD? I know I have never had any breaches from the 50+ websites I've logged into or wallets I've used in 15 months, but I'm sure that's not evidence to conclude I've never been infected. Even then I'm not happy with 98%, so am I able to create true offline wallets despite having only one laptop?

3) Would downloading the html of the cryptap.us brainwallet program be an improvement in security despite my computer still being used online? Bonus stupid question: would it help at all (guard against keyloggers) simply to disconnect from the internet when using the program? Does Cryptapus prove that the website can not store which brain wallet phrases are typed in? (I know, people have told me he's trusted, just asking).

balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:20:34 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 04:44:02 PM by balu2

I'm with you BitcoinNational, I've been thinking these things since the beginning of UNO, but it sure is taking people a long time to even read into UNO or find interest in it. This is what needs better advertising in the community, I just don't know how. Unfortunately this last year or so it's also had an unfair stigma against it just because of BW in some people's minds. I said a couple weeks ago, Horus, one of the Cryptsy admins tried to get the coin delisted just because he thought it was BW's coin! I explained to him that it was not, and I'd ask to have his name removed from the website altogether.

That whole ordeal is just unfortunate, but moving forward, I guess either through the test of time, or through "applying" to be accepted through more vendors and whatnot we need to get people informed on what absolute low inflation can do for a coin, and why it can be a great place to hedge a bit of your money.

Yes, BW's reputation is hurting the coin certainly. I think him doing sloppy work for free isn't a benefit that does outweigh the downsides of his bad reputation being projected onto this community.
An emancipation from BW would certainly help the price. I have no idea why this didn't happen already. Take down that damn name from the OP and the website or we're going nowhere! He's a PR-fiasco and that won't change because he suffers from insanity and it's not going away. He really can't be lead dev of Uno if you want it to be a raging success.

I have heard of too many people selling and too many others not buying ONLY because of his name. Wake up to it already. I would like to talk more about Uno to people but whenever i mention it the first thing that comes up is BW. Bad, bad PR.

Let's not have a huge discussion about it. Just do it.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:00:03 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 05:11:30 PM by cryptothreads

Morning, Nat -- and Bitcoin is at $211.

Got just a penny of Bitcoin on its way to Cryptsy.

[Black Uno Tshirt. XXL. I assume 100% cotton.]

m

@ IMZ The shirts are 100% fine jersey cotton .

You can pay with UNObtanium for the t-shirt. I have some other UNO font styles and colors coming shortly.
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:59:44 PM

Yes, BW's reputation is hurting the coin certainly. I think him doing sloppy work for free isn't a benefit that does outweigh the downsides of his bad reputation being projected onto this community.
An emancipation from BW would certainly help the price. I have no idea why this didn't happen already. Take down that damn name from the OP and the website or we're going nowhere! He's a PR-fiasco and that won't change because he suffers from insanity and it's not going away. He really can't be lead dev of Uno if you want it to be a raging success.

I have heard of too many people selling and too many others not buying ONLY because of his name. Wake up to it already. I would like to talk more about Uno to people but whenever i mention it the first thing that comes up is BW. Bad, bad PR.

I'm sad to say I agree.  I really like Bryce and find him to be a very interesting, knowledgable character, but his communication with the community has been flaky and his non-delivery of new wallets after the fork was a huge disappointment.  I felt betrayed, quite honestly.  I really like him as a person (i don't follow crypto drama that much, so i can't comment on his other projects) and would love for him to stay in the community, but he should not be "lead dev" or credited in our promo/copy.

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
RDDRocket

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:23:42 PM

I'm sad to say I agree.  I really like Bryce and find him to be a very interesting, knowledgable character, but his communication with the community has been flaky and his non-delivery of new wallets after the fork was a huge disappointment.  I felt betrayed, quite honestly.  I really like him as a person (i don't follow crypto drama that much, so i can't comment on his other projects) and would love for him to stay in the community, but he should not be "lead dev" or credited in our promo/copy.

Eh, those are not the nasty reasons why people do not like him right now. I'll let you look up what he's done, but he's probably in the hot seat with homeland security right now at this point.
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: