Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:47:50 AM

I hope that this community becomes a leader in cool-headed analysis of things like the impact of the financial crisis and The XT Thing.

Ian and I are workin' hard to figure out what our portfolio balance should be. I'm gonna bite the bullet in coming months, and personally raise a significant fund of anti-dump ammo.

What I find cool is how easily we altcoiners went, 'Yeh well . . . just shift into [my preferences)] Uno, Byte, Ether, CBX, and Uno some more.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:30:33 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 04:48:29 AM by natmccoy

FallingKnife: I agree with everything you said about the existence of fake trades, the reasons for them, and the correct trading strategy. Just for transparency's sake, the recent 200+ sell at 0.006 on bittrex was real, as I absorbed nearly half of it.

sloopy: Do you know how to save a webpage to a USB drive from the tails browser? When I click 'save as' and try to then open the flash drive it says "permission denied" or something to that effect.

If keepkey is UNO-compatible that would be awesome  Shocked

cryptapus: I'm in possession of a non-wifi-enabled printer now. Looks like I can print the keys but it seems a little extreme to destroy the printer...There is no way to wipe the memory? Also you said it must be Tails-compatible, I'm sure this one wouldn't specifically be but maybe most are, I'll give it a try.

Does anyone know which address(es) is the Cryptsy hot wallet(s)? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/#!rich

deadlock1

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

methodic madness

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:21:04 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 06:44:11 AM by deadlock1

FallingKnife: I agree with everything you said about the existence of fake trades, the reasons for them, and the correct trading strategy. Just for transparency's sake, the recent 200+ sell at 0.006 on bittrex was real, as I absorbed nearly half of it.

Yes, and a quarter of the amount was for me! (not exactly at 0.006) Buying all the time!

But I also think Falling Knife is right, some exchanges are playing around with some alts. So don't deposit the UNO at the exchanges. Take them to your wallet and keep them safe.

@Falling Knife: What exchange would you recommend? Has cryptopia anything to do with Unobtanium, because it has the UNO sections? I ask this, because there are many HC coin in this exchange.

I would use cryptopia more to support UNO, but there's no volume.

What we need is atomic cross-chain trading to be more independent of the exchanges. Could this be implemented in ethereum? Maybe I could help implementing.

Ich hab heut Nichtgeburtstag! :-)
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:46:47 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 09:12:26 AM by BitcoinNational

Do you know of any other coin community that can sort out (publicly) were 75% of a dump went?
Real Detectives No Blockchain investigation even needed Cheesy

--

"don't deposit the UNO at the exchanges"

or at least risk a min. amount to support some liquidity
[like in the doge, black, peer, start, ftc, digi, dmd, world markets]

but yes it is a good habit to pull that precious UNO
which will be minting at just 1 kilo / 6 hrs in the near future
pull it off the exchange ASAP
if you plan to keep it

--

#Unobtanium. The world's most successful rare #ALTcoin.

#Unobtanium so #rare you can only #3DPrint it's shadow.

Grin

--

potential UNO invitee member?
https://twitter.com/nanexllc
http://nanex.net

--
UNO should being a high priced commodity be aiming to "back" another currency to give that currency wieght, redundancy and security.

Maybe others just do not see it yet but UNO could be the first Crypto-Commodity to give a Crypto-Currency of it's chosing the price volatility stabilisation that retailers are looking for.

UNO is a solution to a problem, it just needs to be marketed that way.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 11:57:28 AM

cryptapus: I'm in possession of a non-wifi-enabled printer now. Looks like I can print the keys but it seems a little extreme to destroy the printer...There is no way to wipe the memory? Also you said it must be Tails-compatible, I'm sure this one wouldn't specifically be but maybe most are, I'll give it a try.

How certain are you that the printer firmware was not written to store private keys then phone them home when the driver queries it? Is the firmware audited by a trustworthy source?

I'm giving you the best advice I can think of, but as you stated earlier security risk is like a rabbit hole... For transparency, I certainly don't go through all those steps but I don't run Win or Mac and only use an open source OS/software that CAN be audited. That doesn't mean I have the time or skill to audit it all myself. At some point down this rabbit hole you may just decide that the level of security you're at is where you're comfortable, I'm just trying to share knowledge on what I've learned in the hope that it's helpful to you getting there... Smiley

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
cryptapus

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 12:02:22 PM

Thank you for the help everyone. I think I will try to disconnect from the internet after opening the wallet generator as cryptapus suggested. I'm assuming I will need to close the browser, reconnect, and reload the page for each new address generated, that's not a big deal though.

There is a "Bulk Wallet" tab that you can use to generate multiple addresses from the entropy created in the initial mouse movement step. You shouldn't need to reload for each address.

I'll donate a little UNO to cryptapus soon, he's been a big help and runs a great site.
Thanks!

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
cryptapus

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 12:16:02 PM

Dedicated Android Wallet for UNO - Request funds for development

See the original request here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg10831261#msg10831261

We now have 160 of our 125 UNO (at today's price) goal!

udroidNXd1YNoL1DgNu8NktemcnexiBByM

Thanks everyone for your generosity!

This Friday will be 1 month since the Android wallet has been published to the Google Play store, and at that time the final 1/2 of the fund will be sent to HashEngineering as stated in their requirements. Does anyone have any showstopper bugs to report to Hash? If so, I urge you to contact Hash via PM or on their thread. Showstopper bugs would be ones that prevent the wallet from sending/receiving funds in some way.

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:25:38 PM

#Unobtanium. The world's most successful rare #ALTcoin.

#Unobtanium so #rare you can only #3DPrint it's shadow.

Grin

--

potential UNO invitee member?
https://twitter.com/nanexllc

Worth a follow for sure.  interesting insights.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:27:40 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 07:17:37 PM by IMZ

@ Cryptapus: 20 sent

fd5ec0a63e5321342edc16482e8bc954332c559737722a75538a86f071098803-000

[3 a.m. bottom left hand corner Australia -- w a i t ]
RDDRocket

Activity: 272
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:05:03 PM

I love this community!
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:26:40 PM

Yes, and a quarter of the amount was for me! (not exactly at 0.006) Buying all the time!

But I also think Falling Knife is right, some exchanges are playing around with some alts. So don't deposit the UNO at the exchanges. Take them to your wallet and keep them safe.

@Falling Knife: What exchange would you recommend? Has cryptopia anything to do with Unobtanium, because it has the UNO sections? I ask this, because there are many HC coin in this exchange.

I would use cryptopia more to support UNO, but there's no volume.

I don't recommend one exchange over the other. I'm glad to have them all and try to support them all.
Cryptsy has the most volume nearly every day.  Bittrex is a nice platform, and we definitely want to keep that one because of all of the btc that is stored at Cryptsy.

Cryptopia has given the UNO community a new opportunity, making it a base coin. They are slowly gaining traction. I'd like to see everyone do a little trading on Cryptopia to help sustain the potential in that market. If anyone is actively trading any of the coins on Cryptopia (including Doge or Litecoin), think about helping make an Un market for your coin there. This is a cool exchange, giving each coin a mining pool, a market place, an explorer, and they pledge not to delist a coin (the coin has to implode to get delisted). Currently they have 0% fee trading.

Bleutrade is a nice platform, and are our only USD market.  I'd also like to see that one gain more use.

The others I don't really follow and there always seems to be no sign of life when I look in on them.

I'd like to see us land a good Chinese exchange next.  I don't think we really need any more US exchanges. The market is fragmented enough as it is.

The truth is, Uno is hodled closely.  It trades in spurts.  You don't swap your physical gold bullion between dollars and silver all day, and Uno sort of mimics that model. Among those of us who hold it, we often buy it and take it home, safe and away from the temptations of whim trading. That's a double edge sword; it keeps a lot of the Uno off the market, but can also cause big gaps to open. When the big trading starts, the coins will appear. I leave about 10% of my Uno sitting at exchanges, somewhere on the books, but mostly I just slowly buy on the dips, and try to close the gaps a little on the sell side when I feel like it.  .006 doesn't bother me. .001 doesn't bother me. I prefer a higher price for the prestige and interest it gathers, but its fun to buy low.  

A big gap and no trade activity isn't much fun. I'm probably gonna do my part here soon to lift the price if more Un doesn't appear or sell off at these fire sale prices. .009 is still a super fair price for Uno

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
RDDRocket

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:35:22 PM

@FallingKnife: I just realized your sig says UNO is pure POS...

I wish I could throw more buys in about now.

I think we should revive the IRC chan a bit and get our users talking and devising ideas.
deadlock1

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

methodic madness

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:45:18 PM

@FallingKnife: I just realized your sig says UNO is pure POS...

What? WTF?

A little typo devil has exchanged W and S.

Homepage says:
UNO is a SHA256 Proof of Work cryptocurrency unique for low inflation

Proof of Work = POW

There is no POS inflation.

Yes, because there is no POS.

Ich hab heut Nichtgeburtstag! :-)
RDDRocket

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:53:24 PM

haha, calm down. It's obviously a typo.

I'd like to learn more info about this guild, if anyone is still doing it, and the Un-Ex. You guys just selling silver grams/rounds/coins? I'd be interested for
sure.

@IMZ: I'd also be pretty interested in buying a little bit of silver from you from an Australian mint in UNO. It doesn't have to be sealed or anything, in fact, it'd be cooler to buy Australian silver from you and it'd be something I keep and can say I bought from Australia with the power of Unobtanium! I'm willing to escrow with anyone trusted, I just want to start getting some kind of trade rep around here with the crew.

Edited to say: I wasn't a member here during the guild startup, I loosely would read some of the things said, but if anyone would be so kind as to give me a run down and whether you guys are still doing anything with the guild. I know there are threads about it, but i find myself looking through tons of pages and gleaning very little...
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

I don't think bleutrade is our only USD market. I remember many pages back seeing a site where they list orders that you can buy by sending funds directly from your bank to the sellers bank, what is that service called? There seemed to be quite a lot of UNO for sale there.

cryptapus

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 01:47:53 AM

You should always verify the sums to ensure that it is genuine and signed by cryptap.us and hasn't been changed. That step is absolutely necessary.

True, but I've never signed that code... Something I still need to do when I find the time....

Would be appreciated. You have a lot of useful tools.

Agreed, I'll prioritize that... Thanks!

The paperwallet generator is now signed. My fingerprint is: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601  3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA

cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:59:17 AM

@IMZ: I'd also be pretty interested in buying a little bit of silver from you from an Australian mint in UNO. It doesn't have to be sealed or anything, in fact, it'd be cooler to buy Australian silver from you and it'd be something I keep and can say I bought from Australia with the power of Unobtanium! I'm willing to escrow with anyone trusted, I just want to start getting some kind of trade rep around here with the crew.

Edited to say: I wasn't a member here during the guild startup, I loosely would read some of the things said, but if anyone would be so kind as to give me a run down and whether you guys are still doing anything with the guild. I know there are threads about it, but i find myself looking through tons of pages and gleaning very little...

Gday RDDRocket, you can find several Aussies on intergalacticplatypus, click through to forums.

I've traded silver for UNO with IMZ several times, along with UNO for business services and products. It'd be great to chat with you anytime Smiley Cheers.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:15:33 AM

@ Rocket: PM sent

@ F.K.: your post above is sweet.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:32:28 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 06:29:40 AM by BitcoinNational

@Rocket
"I'd like to learn more info about this guild"

Un Ex is on sabatical for the time being.
But the cool thing is Cryptopia basically is doing everything and more,  that at least that I envisioned, Un Ex or even The Guild might do.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Register?referrer=carambola

So we got that going for Us Smiley

So, as I envision it, The Guild is for the time being Cryptopia ... get over there ...  they are taking crypto to a new level ... the troll box is even 2.0 cooler than any one elses, you can mine, transfer between members for FREE, and they just added forums, and I think they will implement some kind of fancy arbitrage options, right now they provide a handy price monitor to help you 'trage.

In short it is a fun spot.

The Guild can come back once we find a solid niche or 3 to fill.

Ideas I like:
  1. p2p bullion/uno contracts (sort dvc 2.0) ... less as a product more of a perk for being in da club
  2. pairing coins that aren't listed on cryptopia/cryptsy/bleu
... NOTE ... it is starting to look like if the coin doesn't have a UNO paired market ... well then it ain't worth holding ... SRSLY.
just in these last weeks of summer we gained BLACK, VERI, PEER, NOVA, START, GMC, RUBY pairings

3. large order brokering ... let's just say being a base pair has advantages Wink  
  4. thinking in general
  5. advanced level tech issues

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
hemeras

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:39:15 AM

holding 10% on the exchanges can be a good thing , if 10% is a great amount , but expecting the coin will do well withdrawing the coin to personal wallet and just watch others trade . No Sorry Sad ..UNO needs volume , UNO needs showing up on top 5 on criptsy , if you buy a amount and then sell with little profit , buy the same amount again on the same price you sell . Volume Volume !
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: