Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046615 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:41:35 PM

1000$ a coin is very possible. Don't be smallminded. Of course not tomorrow but in the long, long run. I want to still have some coins when Un hits 500$ and i want to have coins when Un hits 1000$. I'll be there and actually have coins in my coldstorage when we get there. I don't believe in relying on insurance-companies or the state for my retirement-money. I trust Uno more to pay for my old age than i trust those bureaucrats. Coins like Uno are the reason i have come to altcoins in the first place. I am not interested in P'nD-scams, i was looking for coins with real longterm-perspectives.
The Unobtanium doesn't even need to be massadopted to show massive returns. If it ever were massadopted - UNimaginable.
Un at LTC-marketcap is 1000$ a coin.
In 3 years btc can be 100 billion cap, LTC 2 or 3 billion, Un somewhere close to that. 1000 bucks a coin is not out of reach if you add up inflation and adoption of crypto. Give it a few years. Can happen. 2.80$ or even 5$ is no price you want to sell for. That would be like selling LTC for 50cent or BTC for 10$ ... you just don't do these mistakes.

You'll see more people talking like that later.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:40:59 AM

How does one address have 56K UNO?  That can't be a good thing~!

57k UNO (uRAN..) address is Cryptsy's cold storage. I can say that with 99% certainty because my UNO deposit Address for Cryptsy has coins transferred to it directly on multiple occasions starting July 29.

Take a look at another address over here:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?uQKpSwujQ99Rruh7oVMA3kpcJ9fi3oZ7x5.htm

Last 4 transfer were all to uRAN4dj3yG8n93obakUHT8siVQap47bHrN

Somebody else just plug in your Cryptsy's deposit Address over here:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?[your cryptsy deposit address].htm and see where all your transferes were going to staring July 29

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:49:11 AM

57k UNO (uRAN..) address is Cryptsy's cold storage. I can say that with 99% certainty because my UNO deposit Address for Cryptsy has coins transferred to it directly on multiple occasions starting July 29.

Take a look at another address over here:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?uQKpSwujQ99Rruh7oVMA3kpcJ9fi3oZ7x5.htm

Last 4 transfer were all to uRAN4dj3yG8n93obakUHT8siVQap47bHrN

Somebody else just plug in your Cryptsy's deposit Address over here:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?[your cryptsy deposit address].htm and see where all your transferes were going to staring July 29

can't confirm it but if that is really cryptsy we can say one thing certainly: people never learn
prominerone

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:26:57 AM

1000$ a coin is very possible. Don't be smallminded. Of course not tomorrow but in the long, long run. I want to still have some coins when Un hits 500$ and i want to have coins when Un hits 1000$. I'll be there and actually have coins in my coldstorage when we get there. I don't believe in relying on insurance-companies or the state for my retirement-money. I trust Uno more to pay for my old age than i trust those bureaucrats. Coins like Uno are the reason i have come to altcoins in the first place. I am not interested in P'nD-scams, i was looking for coins with real longterm-perspectives.
The Unobtanium doesn't even need to be massadopted to show massive returns. If it ever were massadopted - UNimaginable.
Un at LTC-marketcap is 1000$ a coin.
In 3 years btc can be 100 billion cap, LTC 2 or 3 billion, Un somewhere close to that. 1000 bucks a coin is not out of reach if you add up inflation and adoption of crypto. Give it a few years. Can happen. 2.80$ or even 5$ is no price you want to sell for. That would be like selling LTC for 50cent or BTC for 10$ ... you just don't do these mistakes.

You'll see more people talking like that later.

I agree with you completely V500. And jest as you i am not here  for some short pump or dump. I sell on good price and going to sell only this way some of my uno . Yes selling is important .To have sell orders all the time - but on what price- DEFINITELY  NOT THE RIDICULES CHEEP AS NOW. what is the point of rarity if you do not up sell price and respect uno. And you maybe thing that if everybody sell UP then nobody want to buy. Think again - jest opposite. People gonna see more fait and believe. If all the sellers and miners was offering me high price for uno that not stop me to continue my buy orders! It's nothing to do with distribution of uno. Who believe in uno idea and want it gonna buy no matter on what price Cheesy
Fiat inflation is going to be huge in time for shore if not something much terrible so people going to search for opportunities to safe their life's. some good cryptos are made for that. UNOBTANIUM IS ONE OF THEM!
Gold I don't think so. Can't moving it. They easily confiscate it and control it ,tax it or-ever they want. So precious metals is kind a fuck tap for the long future. People going to look for crypto commodity.
So i tell ya some uno owners don't understand yet what they got here! Sell  high. Uno is fine art !!!!!
Uno is / ONCE IN A BLUE MOON / !

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:54:54 AM

I would be very surprised if that was not Cryptsy's cold storage address.
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:15:42 AM

I would be very surprised if that was not Cryptsy's cold storage address.
I said so my initial impression post after the wallet showed up, even though it seemed like a stupid idea at the time as it just seems retarded for an exchange to put all eggs into one basket. But that was BEFORE I saw their on-site-notice about changing wallet setup. So yeah - Cryptsy is more likely. Stupid move, no matter how secure they think their setup is.

Sigh - why do people store so much in an exchange? Did MtGox, CoinEx, Coinmarkets, Cryptorush, the Poloniex theft and the recent Mintpal hacks teach people nothing? Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars worth of coins were stolen from exchanges just in the past few months. I mean serisouly, don't store your coins on an exchange, just don't!

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:29:06 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 09:57:05 AM by gustav

don't be that guy

for people who think their coins are more safe at exchange:

they are not. Your exchange and email logins are way more easy to steal from your browser than an encryptet wallet from an usb-stick!
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Wow, the price of BTC at Cryptsy is currently ~$623.  The same at Coinbase is $596.90.  That's a pretty big difference.

I want to buy some more UNO.  You can't do that at Coinbase so I deposited some USD at Cryptsy.  

But I don't feel like paying that kind of premium for BTC at Cryptsy just to turn around and buy some UNO with that BTC.  (You can't buy UNO or any other altcoin with USD at Cryptsy, you have to use BTC.)

I had bought some mining gear with BTC from my Coinbase account and so had very limited funds there. I could have deposited $X amount USD there "instantly", but I decided to deposit some $X + $1.5K USD to Cryptsy and "cut out the middle man (Coinbase)".  Bzzzt, bad decision!  (For one, the Cryptsy transaction time took about as long as the Coinbase transaction time would have taken for the $X + $1.5K).

Any advice, beside insults on my stupidity?

we should ask Vern to add a uno/usd-market

That would be great, but still, the Cryptsy vs. Coinbase BTC/USD difference is HUGE.  Check it out.  I imagine the premium for buying UNO with USD, should they decide to do it, would be equally huge.

So I goofed.  I deposited $2.5K USD into Cryptsy.  I should have deposited it into Coinbase instead, then transfered BTC to Cryptsy -- and then bought UNO at Cryptsy.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my $2.5K USD deposit at Cryptsy.  I really don't want to buy BTC there. The premium is just too much.

So I'm trying to figure out how to withdraw my USD from Cryptsy, put it into Coinbase, then transfer the BTC to Cryptsy then buy UNO.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

-- Jelks
V500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:15:58 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 12:48:31 PM by V500

That would be great, but still, the Cryptsy vs. Coinbase BTC/USD difference is HUGE.  Check it out.  I imagine the premium for buying UNO with USD, should they decide to do it, would be equally huge.

So I goofed.  I deposited $2.5K USD into Cryptsy.  I should have deposited it into Coinbase instead, then transfered BTC to Cryptsy -- and then bought UNO at Cryptsy.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my $2.5K USD deposit at Cryptsy.  I really don't want to buy BTC there. The premium is just too much.

So I'm trying to figure out how to withdraw my USD from Cryptsy, put it into Coinbase, then transfer the BTC to Cryptsy then buy UNO.

-- Jelks

the buysupport isn't that good either. Why don't you just put an order for normal price? 1.4 btc sold there would take the premium away. If i was you i would just place the order below market-level at around bitstamp-price and hope/wait someone cashes out 3 or more btc there. The buysupport to sustain that premium is pretty thin.

Why is nobody arbing that?

edit: @jelks look 4 days ago cryptsy was cheaper than bitstamp. market is thin and more volatile. They had a low of 575 while bitstamp had a low of 578 that day. So cryptsy is more volatile because market is more thin. Just look for the depth in the book. [edit: was not true]

V500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:26:19 AM

I agree with you completely V500. And jest as you i am not here  for some short pump or dump. I sell on good price and going to sell only this way some of my uno . Yes selling is important .To have sell orders all the time - but on what price- DEFINITELY  NOT THE RIDICULES CHEEP AS NOW. what is the point of rarity if you do not up sell price and respect uno. And you maybe thing that if everybody sell UP then nobody want to buy. Think again - jest opposite. People gonna see more fait and believe. If all the sellers and miners was offering me high price for uno that not stop me to continue my buy orders! It's nothing to do with distribution of uno. Who believe in uno idea and want it gonna buy no matter on what price Cheesy
Fiat inflation is going to be huge in time for shore if not something much terrible so people going to search for opportunities to safe their life's. some good cryptos are made for that. UNOBTANIUM IS ONE OF THEM!
Gold I don't think so. Can't moving it. They easily confiscate it and control it ,tax it or-ever they want. So precious metals is kind a fuck tap for the long future. People going to look for crypto commodity.
So i tell ya some uno owners don't understand yet what they got here! Sell  high. Uno is fine art !!!!!
Uno is / ONCE IN A BLUE MOON / !

Cheesy
we are the hardcore Uno-guys. The others will see later we were right. Wink

in a year  or two people will be like "why did i not buy more of it in 2014?" and "how did i miss that?"

looking at 30% coins at cryptsy i think i really have to push out that promised picture-tutorial for noobs how to safely store coins on local wallet. Will happen coming days.

V500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:10:05 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 07:23:44 PM by V500

How to get started and 100% safely handle Unobtanium Crypto:

1: go to unobtanium.uno or btctalk (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0) and download latest wallet to your computer

2: install the wallet

3: open the wallet while disconnected from the internet.

4: Go to "actions" -> "encrypt vault" and set a password. (see picture) Never forget this password. Wallet will close after that.

5: open wallet again. Go to "actions" -> "backup vault" (picture) and safe wallet-file to your computer.

6: copy backed-up wallet-file to an external drive (usb-stick)

now that you have encrypted and backed up your vault you are ready to receive coins

the original wallet-file can be found at this path (windows-users):
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Unobtanium

this folder is hidden by default. Go to 'view' -> 'folder options' -> 'show hidden folders' to make visible
for extra security remove wallet.dat when not used to an encrypted filecontainer, external drive or protected winrar-folder.

Always keep a backup of your vault at an external drive in case your harddrive dies an unexpected death. This way you can not loose your coins.

by following these steps you can store your Unobtanium very safely on your local devices.
This method is much safer than having the coins on an exchange which can get hacked or make the runner with your coins.
Also keep in mind that your browser is very easy to attack by hackers via extensions and other malware. A hacker will have a much harder time stealing coins from an offline-storage at your house than he will have for stealing your login-credentials for the exchange and your email from your browser.
Always store your coins on your local devices. Exchanges are no banks to store your coins!  

Remember to make new backup of your vault from time to time after sending coins. Never delete a wallet-file. Never forget your password. Always keep backups of your wallet on different harddrives/usb-sticks.

alternative:
For secure longterm offline coldstorage you can also boot your system from a linux or windows live-cd while disconnected from the net and generate a paperwallet which you can print out to store your Unobtanium on.

This is best practice and most secure.

V500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:14:45 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 11:41:37 AM by V500

well, i did it straight away... hope this helps some people.

@FK please link to the OP to get noobs started more quickly if possible

tell me if i need to correct, improve or add something.

Hope this helps people to store their Uno more safely than on exchange. Again: exchanges are no banks.  Following the above steps is maximum security for your crypto.

learminer

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:59:27 AM

Thanks for the easy guide V500!

For ultimate safety and long-term cold storage I can also reccomend the oldschool "boot-ofline-from-linux-live-cd-then-generate-paper-wallet" scenario. Much easier than it sounds actually...

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:17:06 PM

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my $2.5K USD deposit at Cryptsy.  I really don't want to buy BTC there. The premium is just too much.

-- Jelks

Jelks so you are saying Cryptsy is a Hotel California (or worse mtgox)?  You're $usd can checkin but it can never check out?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
V500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:24:48 PM

Thanks for the easy guide V500!

For ultimate safety and long-term cold storage I can also reccomend the oldschool "boot-ofline-from-linux-live-cd-then-generate-paper-wallet" scenario. Much easier than it sounds actually...

for ultra-maximum-security i use a second system that is never connected to the net which has a wallet-client installed. I create the coldstorage wallets there and leave the wallets there (backup to usb never using on other device). Those wallets never touch the internet until i need to send coins. This way it is practically impossible to get coins stolen. If you have an old computer which you don't need for internet you can do that for maximum security.

I would not sleep well at night with a lot of coins on exchange. You never know if the exchange is still there when you get up the next day.
One only really owns the coins he/she has the privatekeys for. I think there is still a lot of noobs around who need to understand that. Better they don't have to find out the hard way.

Better be safe than sorry. Walking the extra-mile is not a mistake.

V500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:49:52 PM

-- Jelks

Jelks so you are saying Cryptsy is a Hotel California (or worse mtgox)?  You're $usd can checkin but it can never check out?

normally someone should be arbing that. That premium is suspicious.

Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:15:46 PM

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my $2.5K USD deposit at Cryptsy.  I really don't want to buy BTC there. The premium is just too much.

-- Jelks

Jelks so you are saying Cryptsy is a Hotel California (or worse mtgox)?  You're $usd can checkin but it can never check out?

The amount of information that Cryptsy requires to become "verified" is ridiculous. Coinbase wanted a bank account link and ID questions. Cryptsy wants a state-issued picture ID scan, a photo scan of a utility bill, ID questions, and A PICTURE OF YOU HOLDING YOUR STATE ISSUED ID. Not saying this is bad, but good grief, its very "centralized" for decentralized currency. Likely its done at state or federal direction (right? no private company would need this much info on users of these obscure digital bits, right?) We do ever so love Cryptsy, but that's pretty intrusive.
learminer

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:46:08 PM

-- Jelks

Jelks so you are saying Cryptsy is a Hotel California (or worse mtgox)?  You're $usd can checkin but it can never check out?

The amount of information that Cryptsy requires to become "verified" is ridiculous. Coinbase wanted a bank account link and ID questions. Cryptsy wants a state-issued picture ID scan, a photo scan of a utility bill, ID questions, and A PICTURE OF YOU HOLDING YOUR STATE ISSUED ID. Not saying this is bad, but good grief, its very "centralized" for decentralized currency. Likely its done at state or federal direction (right? no private company would need this much info on users of these obscure digital bits, right?) We do ever so love Cryptsy, but that's pretty intrusive.
At least you won't need to be nude on the picture ... yet.

martinw79

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:27:35 PM

Thanks to the 0.00444577 Uno guy @ Cryptsy, adding to my cold storage

Grin

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:17:23 PM

Thanks to the 0.00444577 Uno guy @ Cryptsy, adding to my cold storage

Grin

You should buy it all!!!  Cheesy

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: