Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:04:20 AM

A year and a half ago, Layer -- when IndiaMikeZulu sparked off -- people were calling us loonies. Now, people are -- well, we still have a long way to go -- but lots of people have heard about Bitcoin (if not Friends . . . ).

We have worked so very hard -- all non-profit* -- to simply spread the idea of cryptos' multi-faceted possibilities; and now it's gettin' easier. Sold a bar of bullion for some crypto this week, and . . . we are gonna try to get the owner of our local cafe to accept a crypto. Details to follow!

But we have managed -- in our isolated farming community of generally non-Net folk and political conservatism -- to pay for petrol, groceries, computer services, beer, and fruit-tree nets with cryptos (Was Litecoin and CGB. Now gonna be Unobtanium).Just got Unobtanium accepted in Australia as payment for gift cards.

m.

* We do trade.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:46:15 PM

Hooray!  I've got the image up, now!  I've started a thread for The Blue Crypto Award, so I have something to reference on the novice website.  The thread is the place to recommend nominees.

It's currently locked, and I should be unlocking it on Monday, to open up nominee recommendations.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761806.msg8586388#msg8586388

That's great! I'd nominate you for the prize if it weren't a huge conflict of interest. Smiley
Added it to my signature.
lol!  That's ok.  Looks like IMZ and our Uno graphic artists are doing pretty well, too, but not the intention to 'keep it in the family'.  Wouldn't it be great if we find nominees and they get excited about how awesome Uno is?!!  This is an outreach besides a cool award.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:42:45 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 07:59:08 PM by V500

german thread in german section started:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763290.0

now we still need one in mandarin, one in russian, one in french and spanish Wink

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:32:07 PM

now we still need one in mandarin, one in russian, one in french and spanish Wink
Thanks for getting the discussion rolling in German! I see quite a few posts there already. Wish I could join in! Smiley

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
V500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:31:26 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 12:52:56 AM by V500

Thanks for getting the discussion rolling in German! I see quite a few posts there already. Wish I could join in! Smiley

Cheesy need to learn some german then or use a crappy translator Wink

I'd apreciate if the germans among you would come by at the thread from time to time and participate a bit. Especially some experienced miners in case people come up with mining-related questions which i am not so good in answering since my experience in that area is rather limited.

vielen Dank für eure Beteiligung Wink

let's keep it alive and at the top longterm Wink

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:03:21 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 12:05:37 AM by IMZ

Guys, I wrote this Neat Little Thing about Promotion before Our First Birthday -- but I have a better idea (and it follows my central notion of a 'consultancy culture': a coin-community that leverages its members' talents. A sort of Goldman Sachs without the lying and cheating):

Dominica will be the subject of a 'Bitcoin drop' next year: http://panampost.com/belen-marty/2014/08/28/dominica-will-be-first-nation-with-universal-bitcoin-possession

Well, let's start setting up shop there as advisers! (Hey, Btc Charlie -- I wonder if they have a National Mint?). I am deadly serious about this. What do you guys think??

Note that our android wallet will give us tremendous leverage -- high unemployment, thus many 'unbanked' people.

@ V 500: Go, German thread!!!

And there's a link to Un-Ex in the Indonesian-language Bitcointalk section:

"Unobtanium tahu? http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/unobtanium
Ya aduh. Sudah lama tak omong dalam bahasa. Kami suka jual krypto untuk krypto lain.
Kalo mau beli dekit UNO, kasih salam sini:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757232.msg8536165#msg8536165
Ketoprak!! Gua rindu ketoprak!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia"

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:06:45 AM

is was just reading somewhere that cryptsy took 3 months to fix their nxt-wallet. I think we have been lucky with Uno cut off for just 2 weeks. Just a friendly reminder.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:59:22 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 02:29:24 PM by BitcoinNational

('consultancy culture': a coin-community that leverages its members talents. A sort of Goldman Sachs without the lying and cheating)

Uno Sachs ... This is genius ... (I don't care what it is called) ... big yes ... establishing UNO as a trustworthy collective of cryptonerds with a focus on advising lesser GDP countries on 21st century finance.  

And it looks like we are nicely headed down the road of 'multi-lingual' internationalism.  

(btw crypto knows no boarders and is willing to go interstellar)

Dominica will be the subject of a 'Bitcoin drop' next year: http://panampost.com/belen-marty/2014/08/28/dominica-will-be-first-nation-with-universal-bitcoin-possession

Note that our android wallet will give us tremendous leverage -- high unemployment, thus many 'unbanked' people.

@ V 500: Go, German thread!!!

@ Indonesian thread

Moving beyond English, so far we speak German, Indonesian, and Korean?

Malaysia, Singapore, Thai, Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, and PHP are on the horizon.  Wink

China will join too.  Grin

So still looking for Russian, Greek, Turk, and Spanish speaking members?  French for Africa?  Also unocoins.com is an India based company ... if you can't get the domain name then why not join forces with'm?

I am very keen on the idea of 'air dropping' to the most under banked nations.  Now simply giving out coins is wasteful, but setting up village 'online banks' with UNO backing may provide many a way to invest and utilize crypto in a whole new way.  Also think it wise to establish multi-sig custodial TRUST this way as 1st world participants increase the value of UNO, there is a source of secure long term UNO capital dedicated to long-term (and localized)  UNO banking centers ... aka ... an internet connect + community organization.  That's just one idea.  Things like xshares,cp,dogeparty also offer sophisticated ways to back and issue 'localized' UNO programs.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:23:35 PM

Final day of the first Uno challenge. Did you pick up your five Uno yet? It's cheap on Bittrex and Cryptsy at this moment. Take advantage of low trading due to the US holiday weekend.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:38:13 PM

Gift Cards Purchased with Unobtanium in Australia

We tried these guys back during the Denmark (W.A.) Crypto Town Project. They are very reasonably priced. They are an awesome promotional tool -- and oh yeh, you can make 70% of your daily purchases with them. It's clunky; it's bleeding-edge.

Anyway, I contacted the owner. He is gonna add Unobtanium today.

https://bitcoingiftcards.com.au/

Thanks, Mark! I see the Uno logo on the site now! Uno welcome in yet another place! This will be useful. Added to the OP.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:42:01 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 02:32:17 PM by FallingKnife

https://imgur.com/

open an account

As an example, I'm sure this could be turned into a great meme:

An excited Kim Jong Un literally tries to literally send Un to the moon, but only gets to the Sea of Japan.

I'm certain I had a phone just like that in 1985.

Nostr:
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:17:11 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 04:06:44 PM by BitcoinNational

Gift Cards Purchased with Unobtanium in Australia

https://bitcoingiftcards.com.au/

Thanks, Mark!

Big THANKS Smiley

Caltex Fuel Card
https://bitcoingiftcards.com.au/shop/starcash-fuel-card/

So now in more than just theory we can say Un is backed by petrol ... BlackGold ... Texaco Tea!

--
a little FUD ... the BTC charts look really ugly today ... We could see $350 ... and it might stay there for a while ... Why? ... inflation, 3600 new BTC each and everyday ... BTC would still need +$1Million/day in new investment even at that pricing ... and BTC inflation is @25/block for 3 more years? ... do you know a crypto that is past that the 'inflationary' stage?  Roll Eyes Tongue

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:25:09 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 02:51:01 PM by FallingKnife

Ok, one more post here today then I'm back on my little holiday weekend, and buying up some cheap Un.

We've had some really good news posted here recently, about the Blue Crypto Award, Bitcoin Gift cards, JS Wallet, a German thread, "Accepted Here logos," and other things. This is news that YOU all made happen for Uno.

Don't forget to share this  news at Reddit at https://reddit.com/r/unobtanium.  There are more people we can connect with at Reddit, and they don't always see what we post here or on Twitter.   It's better for Un's community at Reddit if more of you get involved in posting on Reddit.

You are welcome and invited to post and repost and re-repost your Un news on BCT, Cryptocointalk.com, Reddit, Twitter, and everywhere else you can think of. All Uno fans not here on BCT, so outreach is necessary to keep building our community.

I worked for a time in PR, and one of the things that astounded me was to realize that just because I said it, not everybody heard it or could find it when they needed it.  I could say the same thing 100 times, and only reach 100 different people. That's why the political talking heads make the rounds to all the different media, saying the same thing over and over. The internet is constantly piling up crap news and new coins are trying to suck all the air out of the room. We've got a great story to tell about Uno, and we get to tell it again and again, to different people in different places at different times, in different languages.

A note about cryptocointalk.com forum: they don't allow links back to bitcointalk.com, but they don't mind if you copy your bct post and paste it there. Bluecryptoaward will probably need a separate thread there. Yes, there are a lot people who prefer that site and they're worth reaching.

Nostr:
Philogus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:33:10 PM

Hello everyone!

I am working on a doctoral dissertation entitled "Funding Open Source projects With Crypto-Currencies" and  I would please like some feedback and help collecting data from the community.  I created a poll here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGJkSE0xSzliVnNjaTYzOWxxSlNvVFE6MA

Please answer all of the questions as honestly as possible.  I do not collect, nor do I want any personal information from you.  I will only include and analyze the raw data obtained in this poll and other polls and interviews that I conduct in the future in my final paper.

I have also started 4 threads on Reddit:

Thank you everyone for your time!
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:14:47 PM

Good luck, Philogus. I hope you get all the responses you need, and that you'll eventually post a synopsis of the result for us here.

Nostr:
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:22:44 PM

from my standpoint uno is many times more likely to become a real payment-system, value storage (real world adopted coin) than i see this happening with most of the other coins. Because of fairness and other stuff longterm.
I see real adoption for btc, ltc and uno.
The first thing that people will ask: is it clean? and is it fair? Is it secure? That's what people will ask before adopting crypto. Uno wins all those questions.
I think with the right professional marketing down the road this can become a very successful coin in the long run.
Original decentralized crypto.
I also like the fact there is no foundation-shit going on here.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:43:40 AM

@ Gustav: I cheekily suggest that all development can and should be done 'in-house.' Here's an example: look at the islands north and south of Dominica. Various nations, all close, all with import-export businesses. It's a perfect environment for a small-cap coin with a dynamic community to self-promote. Gee, you can get a list of import-export companies in St. Kitts and Nevis on their Yellow Pages! (I started emailing them yesterday.)

@ Bitcoin Charlie: all my crazy ideas are, so to speak, 'interlocking':
small coins provide a better arena for foundation-free discussion and decision-making, and small coins usually have higher proportions of talented folk; but Big Brand Names, like McBitcoin, have the economy-of-scale advantage in promotion.
The Uno Sax Project pivots on the idea that the coin-community energetically self-promotes in low-budget, 'on-da-street' ways, which solves the problem of not being McBitcoin.

@ Falling Knife: yes, I bought my UNO! 

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
V500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:21:35 AM

[...] become a real payment-system, value storage (real world adopted coin) [...]

that is already happening to some extend Wink

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

What do you think of the casheer system, V 500?

http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=144

m
V500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:33:23 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 09:46:14 AM by V500

What do you think of the casheer system, V 500?

http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=144

m

you linked to cgb. That is the right page, isn't it? -> http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

great idea. Didn't know about it. That's by far more cheap and convenient to use than banktransfer if someone wants to purchase stuff from a merchant in a foreign country who does not accept your own currency.
Did you test it?

edit: you are active in the forum, right? Can you get Uno included?

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: