Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:27:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:26:31 PM

Hi vector.iso, here is a post of mine from a few pages back, this applies to what you are trying to do. Please note that if you don't already have an unobtanium.conf file, you will need to create one and make sure it contains:

Code:
server=1

Then restart the client. Another note, if your passphrase includes a space or special character, you may need to surround it in quotes, like "my passphrase".

Good luck!

Regards,

On a more serious note, I was able to download and use the app to create a vanity wallet. Great app! Big thanks to the developer!!

Question is this, after backing up my wallet, is there anyway to unencrypt the wallet in order to import the private key and then reencrypt?

If so, what is the procedure / console command line prompts?

Thanks!

1) Unlock your wallet for 10 minutes (600 seconds):

Code:
walletpassphrase <your passphrase> 600

2) Import your private key:

Code:
importprivkey <your private key>

3) Lock your wallet:

Code:
walletlock

Glad you like the vanity gen, feel free to donate: ucrYPTxQPKkb2WTU57PjurHbCHf3rACMJh

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:41:49 PM

1 uno = 84 btc, not to say that one uno is worth the value of 84 bitcoins, but i still think that number is am important number to remember to help put things to scale. It feels weird for me trading just one or two coins when like every other coin i have dealt with has numbers in the millions.

Uno is unique because if we work together, with each other, we can really build the market and sustain it. Then even if for some reason or another a larger holder wanted to dump, the community could absorb it no problem. Nearly all other coins are just too large to do this and the incentive for people to screw one another is too great. In Uno's case, while still possible, and likely probable, it would be that much more difficult to pull off. Or at least the market wouldn't crash as bad and as i type this i guess it really applies to people who look to pump and dump more than anything. It seems like most of the people who buy uno wind up holding it. I personally have a reserve of at least a ton and i don't plan on selling that any time soon. I wanna see where Uno is in two years Wink But i do have a few on the exchanges to play with.

It is nice to see cohesion in a coin. Hopefully we can get more and more new members to come aboard! No stupid gimmicks or empty promises. No bullshit, just straight coin. 100% pure uncut Uno yeeeeaaaahhhh baby!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

Hi vector.iso, here is a post of mine from a few pages back, this applies to what you are trying to do. Please note that if you don't already have an unobtanium.conf file, you will need to create one and make sure it contains:

Code:
server=1

Then restart the client. Another note, if your passphrase includes a space or special character, you may need to surround it in quotes, like "my passphrase".

Good luck!

Regards,

On a more serious note, I was able to download and use the app to create a vanity wallet. Great app! Big thanks to the developer!!

Question is this, after backing up my wallet, is there anyway to unencrypt the wallet in order to import the private key and then reencrypt?

Thanks!

Code:

Code:

3) Lock your wallet:

Code:
walletlock

Glad you like the vanity gen, feel free to donate: ucrYPTxQPKkb2WTU57PjurHbCHf3rACMJh

Thanks cryptapus, I had just finished doing it the way FK said and then came here and read this.  I would like to understand this though....does the unobtanium.conf file go in the same folder that contains the wallet.dat?  and to make this, i can just open a blank text file, paste the code, and save it as unobtanium.conf, correct?
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:23:52 PM

Code:
server=1

Good luck!

Regards,

Thanks!

Code:

Code:

3) Lock your wallet:

Code:
walletlock

Ah ha! Now walletpassphrase works!

If you add Server=1, it will also be necessary to add rpcuser and rpcpassword to the unobtanium.conf, at least according to the message the wallet gave me. I added this to my laptop's Unobtanium.conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=anything

I restarted Unobtanium wallet and now walletpassphrase ran as expected.  Great tip, Cryptapus.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:39:11 PM

wow, someone put in a buy order for 2 tons at .0041
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:54:05 PM

Okay guys, many of you know I've been a big supporter of Mintpal, even back in the day before they had risen to #1 exchange status (and then lost it again). Haven't been trading there a lot lately (after the hack), but in regards to UI and UX is was still my favourite exchange. Now we all know the long story of this whole V2 launch and it looks like the site finally went live. And I got to say the wait was worth it. Not.

Yep, they managed to kill all the good stuff about the site. The new UI is passable at best, they just purchased a template for 20 bucks and pretty much left it at that (no joke, they really did that). Half the features of V1 seem to be missing. This was a joke before due to the delays, but the actual site is the real disappointment. Maybe they now have the best and most secure backend in the crypto world, but unless they really step up their frontend work fast nobody is going to care.

Sigh...

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:56:40 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 09:06:43 PM by FallingKnife

Okay guys, many of you know I've been a big supporter of Mintpal, even back in the day before they had risen to #1 exchange status (and then lost it again). Haven't been trading there a lot lately (after the hack), but in regards to UI and UX is was still my favourite exchange. Now we all know the long story of this whole V2 launch and it looks like the site finally went live. And I got to say the wait was worth it. Not.

Yep, they managed to kill all the good stuff about the site. The new UI is passable at best, they just purchased a template for 20 bucks and pretty much left it at that (no joke, they really did that). Half the features of V1 seem to be missing. This was a joke before due to the delays, but the actual site is the real disappointment. Maybe they now have the best and most secure backend in the crypto world, but unless they really step up their frontend work fast nobody is going to care.

Sigh...
I just saw it, too. Not very impressive, but clean and minimal.  They said in a tweet that they would come back and clean it up. I don't think they're finished yet.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

Busy day on Cryptsy! Unobtanium is  #4 in Volume today on one of the largest altcoin exchanges in the world.

Nostr:
yippee

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:22:04 PM

looks like someone's pumping unobtanium!  all aboard for a few hours? or are we at the top? what do people think...

Benefactor

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:22:21 PM

The Rarest Real Liquid Crypto In The World!!!

UNOBTANIUM

(*Asterisks on there mean you can't mine them - Sync and Mastercoin are worthless fake coins, like tickets at a carnival.)

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:34:12 PM

'Bitcoin Ebola GFC ISIS: Phase Two is Begun'

'You can find him here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.new#new'

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article47622.html
http://ewallstreeter.com/bitcoin-ebola-gfc-isis-phase-two-is-begun-3557
http://bitcoinaware.com
http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Talkcoin
http://www.investingnews.tv
http://socialmention.com/search?t=news&q=%22bitcoin%22+gfc+ebola&btnG=Search
http://app.feed.informer.com/widgets/VOJKH6XTVC
http://argentofisico.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/20-euro.html
http://bestaroundtheweb.com/q/isis
Benefactor

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:40:28 PM

Sigh...
Writing this before seeing it - like FK just wrote, they should be changing cosmetic stuff.

...Lost features - that's more than cosmetic.  I hope they fix it all.  I'd give them at least 2 weeks or more until they've done right by it, ...and IT'S FREE!!!!  Free trading 'till the end of the year!  That's got to be worth something.

(Reading into their tweets, it sounds like they had to fire their UI guy for incompetence right in the middle of the migration.)

(I have absolutely no idea why the hell I'm defending/supporting Mintpal.  Well, I guess I'm glad it isn't cryptsy, and I'm simply stoked on UNO, like everyone else at the moment~! Smiley )

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:43:59 PM

looks like someone's pumping unobtanium!  all aboard for a few hours? or are we at the top? what do people think...
If you are a long-term investor like us, then I'd say there is farther to rise.  If you are not, then I'd say there is also farther to rise!!!

"For a few hours"?  We are at a stage, you likely won't be able to buy back your coins at the price you sell them at.  Traders and dumpers beware!   Grin

Apparently, there's been some periodic dumping of roughly a few hundred coins a pop on cryptsy, but UNO is so low right now, that we just scoop it up, up, and away~!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 09:48:38 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:02:07 PM by FallingKnife

looks like someone's pumping unobtanium!  all aboard for a few hours? or are we at the top? what do people think...

Hi, and welcome. I'm glad you found Uno.

Uno began a steady rise last July. People are just starting to notice and are grabbing some while they can.  A reward halving this week will make Uno even rarer.  There are very few Uno coins, and it's mostly mined out. Plus, UNO is turning one year old this month!  It has a lot of good things going for it. Extremely low inflation, longevity, devs, rarity, active community, services support, and it's essentially decoupled from bitcoin in recent months, so the downturn hasn't impacted Uno like other coins. It was launched fairly, no instamine, no premine, no Pos, no hidden blocks, no bad sneaky stuff that has killed off interest in other coins. Uno is the coin you hodl.

If someone wants to buy Uno and dump it back to the trend line, that will be fine with most of us here, but I don't see the general direction of the trend changing, especially with btc falling against the dollar.

Nostr:
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 09:58:34 PM

looks like someone's pumping unobtanium!  all aboard for a few hours? or are we at the top? what do people think...

pump it to the top 10, where it should have been long time ago! To the moon!  ┗(°0°)┛

It's so odd to see UNO and pump in the same sentence. I'm really sure we not are witnessing any kind of pump here. It is merely lack of supply and that the general market finally catching on to how great a coin UNO is with no pre-mine, good Devs, Awesome community, and long-term holders...not to mention UNO-Ex!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:06:22 PM

pump it to the top 10, where it should have been long time ago! To the moon!  ┗(°0°)┛

It's so odd to see UNO and pump in the same sentence. I'm really sure we not are witnessing any kind of pump here. It is merely lack of supply and that the general market finally catching on to how great a coin UNO is with no pre-mine, good Devs, Awesome community, and long-term holders...not to mention UNO-Ex!

currently that is correct. And uno has to go up because of its properties alone, that's why we like it. But i personally sense a large pump coming in since i am watching the market closely. I sure hope it's a longterm investor, not just a shortlived thing.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:13:33 PM

And another article, in Korean, here:

http://bithub.co.kr/n_news/board/list.html?page_code=comu&board_code=20140823234933_9990
yippee

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:13:47 PM

Hi - thanks for the welcome!  
I realised that obviously the home thread will have a lot of people invested in the coin - but with about $30 total involved in crypto & new to it all I'm just having fun seeing how it all works.  This seems like a great coin & congratulations on all your hard work.  With it's sudden bump up the ratings & in a market rife with pumpers I just wondered if it is also about to get a pump - or maybe just had one.  Looking around for a good coin to actually invest in when I get my tax return - or rather, a few.  Here I'm sure the overall direction is upwards, & would be good for that.  But currently playing with trying to ride the pumps with my pocket money & wondered if you guys thought that was going on at the mo...
Best wishes
jk
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:28:31 PM

Welcome to the community, Yippee!

Spend a little time learning the basics (and the guys here know farfarfar more about this than I do . . . ) POW/POS/DPOS/inflationary, assets, twitter feeds, Facebook links -- in short, cryptos will go on and on. There is time to prepare yourself well.

And: always keep some of your crypto money in actual fiat, ready to jump in when things get weird.

M
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:29:42 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:42:06 PM by V500

@yippee
welcome to community. No, currently i wouldn't say it's pumped. That pricerise was long due and pretty natural because the coin is as rare as it gets and clean too. It was under value big times before the recent rise. There is still a lot of room to the upside. I wouldn't be surprised if more people would want to jump on the bus at this point. You are probably just in time.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: