Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506534 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JPS2K5

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:06:19 AM

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder, you can return your miner for any reason for a full refund. This will last 14 days after your purchase

Short on supply, are you ?  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder, you can return your miner for any reason for a full refund. This will last 14 days after your purchase

But I purchased May 4th.... :/
lmao, just playing.
I want to keep, but need the new software.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
tyknee

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

So I don't have a kill-a-watt, but the Falcon just melted my 850W 80Plus Gold Seasonic. I've ordered a 1050W replacement.

To be fair, the PSU was not new, and had been powering my GPU rig for a while (and running at pretty high % utilized too).

Someone mentioned testing close to 1000/1100. Maybe cancel that 1050 and jump to 1200W just for better utilization?
Good call. Canceled the order and upgraded to the 1250W model.
malkbaby

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:22:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder, you can return your miner for any reason for a full refund. This will last 14 days after your delivery date

I love the miners, my beef is that there's pretty much zero information out there from GAW Miners regarding the units and there's also very little information about the Zen Miners controllers.  It'd be great if we could get some concrete information!  I definitely appreciate your efforts brining the miners to market, but it would be nice if there was a basic FAQ about how to set them up and a realistic assessment of the power requirements.

I know that the power requirements might be higher now because of software, but you need to let us know what they actually are so that we can purchase appropriate equipment.  I have several Black Widow miners and they're sucking so much power that they are triggering the overload on the 500W and 600W power supplies I bought for them....This seems somewhat crazy considering your webpage currently says they only draw 370W which should do more than OK on a 500W / 600W gold PSU running nothing else.  I need to know the real requirements so that I can purchase power supplies since you chose not to provide them with the product.  It would have made a lot more sense to include a decent power supply instead of a miner controlling software.  

I've never heard anyone clamor for a raspberry pi that links to a half banked unfinished web interface, but everyone wants to turn their miner on.  PSU > controllers any day.  my 2 cents.  Muchos Gracias again!
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:23:21 AM

Man those numbers are high.  

I am doing 10mh at 167 watts on 2 gridseed blades and 1 gridseed  5 chip .  and one of the gridseed blades is defective .  I should be doing 11.0mh

but I have  a 1200 watt plat seasonic  which is more efficient then your psu.   still  you are 3.4x the power for   1.5 x the hash

Something is wrong with the firmware these miner should be at much lower numbers.

I am doing 16.7 watts an mh  with the gridseeds

Which raises the $64M question:  Do our GAW miners use the same chip as the Zeus?  Odd they were both released within days of each other, at similar price points, zenminer supports both, but the GAWs power usage seems to be twice what the Zeus advertises (I haven't seen if they are actually delivering on that advertisement).

Some have been guessing the same chip, but different board designs?  If so, there might be hope for a firmware patch to greatly cut the power down.

Cassey
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:26:03 AM

So I don't have a kill-a-watt, but the Falcon just melted my 850W 80Plus Gold Seasonic. I've ordered a 1050W replacement.

To be fair, the PSU was not new, and had been powering my GPU rig for a while (and running at pretty high % utilized too).

Someone mentioned testing close to 1000/1100. Maybe cancel that 1050 and jump to 1200W just for better utilization?
Good call. Canceled the order and upgraded to the 1250W model.

i can confirm it uses that much. BUT if you have mobo connected too, you're up to the limits of a 1250. im at 1230 on a 1200. No bueno.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
jdape

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:50:32 AM

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder, you can return your miner for any reason for a full refund. This will last 14 days after your delivery date

why isnt this posted on the website

page not found http://www.gawminers.com/shipping-returns/

Looks like they fixed it.  Thanks GAW!

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
terrymr

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:54:41 AM

Hi Guys,

You're not getting them away from us that easily !!
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:02:07 AM

Hi Guys,

why isnt this posted on the website

page not found http://www.gawminers.com/shipping-returns/

Looks like they fixed it.  Thanks GAW!

yep that was quick

dryburn

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:09:44 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 09:45:41 AM by dryburn

Hi everyone

I do not want to Hi-Jack this forum but I have created a program to help Gaw and Zeus Miners to set up their config.bat files with support to start up cgminer with them and also upon closing my app and opening it again it has the option to retrieve your previous config.
It also lists all the available COM Ports for you to add to the config.

I have made the code available for review so that anyone can look for themselves and see that there is nothing malicious has been added.
This is my first C#(PC Program) in 3 years, I have been coding for Ipad and Android mostly.

Link >>>>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwv8p2qj3pepzf0/AABBNg3AfT82KHag3AmF13fYa

Link to litecointalk forum >> https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20078.0

Hi everyone forgot to add
 --nocheck-golden --ltc-debug --nocheck-scrypt options to my program below

someone anyone please give it a try I can't test to see if it will work with the miners

https://i.imgur.com/tZkCy6c.jpg
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:08:00 AM

Is anyone who has Black Widow / Fury's setup preferably multiple units on the same controller available for a chat on IRC?  It'd be super rad and I would be eternally grateful! I'm MalkbabY on Freenode.net

Thanks so much!!! Smiley

Unfortunately it's not supported at the moment, you can only have one type of miner per zenController currently.

It's drawing about 4.5 amps @120v.  About 540 Watts.  I have it running from a 550W Rosewill 80Plus Gold PSU.  Will probably have to switch to something bigger...

FWIW, my Black Widow that arrived an hour ago is hashing away at 14MH/s.

How much power is it drawing? I have mine plugged into a 650w EVGA 80Gold PSU that's drawing 89w at idle (300w with the BW plugged in). AS SOON as I start mining, it shuts down and I have to CMOS reset my PC to even get it to boot back up.

These things are drawing a lot of power. I have a 600W Thermaltake TR2 and it's barely cutting it for a Black Widow. Word of caution guys, do not run both 6-pin PCIE connections off the same line on the PSU, the wires get dangerously hot! I mean melted plastic hot. It's a fire risk. Those wires are not mean to draw 600W and are not sufficient gauge, make sure you use two separate 6-pin PCI connections, not the single with a chained 6-pin PCIE off it. I learnt this the hard way and have the melted PSU wires to show for it..  Undecided

Hi Guys,

I love the miners, my beef is that there's pretty much zero information out there from GAW Miners regarding the units and there's also very little information about the Zen Miners controllers.  It'd be great if we could get some concrete information!  I definitely appreciate your efforts brining the miners to market, but it would be nice if there was a basic FAQ about how to set them up and a realistic assessment of the power requirements.

I know that the power requirements might be higher now because of software, but you need to let us know what they actually are so that we can purchase appropriate equipment.  I have several Black Widow miners and they're sucking so much power that they are triggering the overload on the 500W and 600W power supplies I bought for them....This seems somewhat crazy considering your webpage currently says they only draw 370W which should do more than OK on a 500W / 600W gold PSU running nothing else.  I need to know the real requirements so that I can purchase power supplies since you chose not to provide them with the product.  It would have made a lot more sense to include a decent power supply instead of a miner controlling software.  

I've never heard anyone clamor for a raspberry pi that links to a half banked unfinished web interface, but everyone wants to turn their miner on.  PSU > controllers any day.  my 2 cents.  Muchos Gracias again!

Totally agree. I love the miner, it's a great bit of kit, but it's drawing close to 2x the power spec and people need to be aware of this. If nothing else it could be a fire hazard. Also it's pretty unintuitive the way they are 8-pin female connectors on the back of the Black Widow, but you must use only 6-pin PCIE connectors to power it. The remaining two pins are unused.

As for the zecController, the idea is great, but it really seems not ready for prime-time. I tried my best to use them, the first I got up and running fine, but then I was unable to add any further zenControllers to my account...which meant my miners would only hash at GAW's nicehash BTC address with no way for me to change that. Contacted support, but they are clearly swamped, so after a few hours I bailed, rooted the Pi, disabled all the cloudminer pyton scripts, and ran cgminer myself. They're working great like this. I really like the idea, but right now, I have to say I don't think they are ready for anyone with more tahn the most basic of needs (one zenController, one type of miner).

Please GAW, put out an FAQ for this hardware, especially about the power supply requirements and connectors, a simple getting started sheet included in the box would have gone a long way towards a smoother initial experience.

I still think GAW are great and love the miner, really nice looking machine, a great new addition to the ASIC line-up, and I in not way want to return it, but there is definitely room for improvement at the moment on the package and support side. On the plus side now I have them running on my rooted Pi they are hashing away beautifully, great speed. The hardware itself is good. Smiley
malkbaby

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 07:45:25 AM

Is anyone who has Black Widow / Fury's setup preferably multiple units on the same controller available for a chat on IRC?  It'd be super rad and I would be eternally grateful! I'm MalkbabY on Freenode.net

Thanks so much!!! Smiley

Unfortunately it's not supported at the moment, you can only have one type of miner per zenController currently.

It's drawing about 4.5 amps @120v.  About 540 Watts.  I have it running from a 550W Rosewill 80Plus Gold PSU.  Will probably have to switch to something bigger...

FWIW, my Black Widow that arrived an hour ago is hashing away at 14MH/s.

How much power is it drawing? I have mine plugged into a 650w EVGA 80Gold PSU that's drawing 89w at idle (300w with the BW plugged in). AS SOON as I start mining, it shuts down and I have to CMOS reset my PC to even get it to boot back up.

These things are drawing a lot of power. I have a 600W Thermaltake TR2 and it's barely cutting it for a Black Widow. Word of caution guys, do not run both 6-pin PCIE connections off the same line on the PSU, the wires get dangerously hot! I mean melted plastic hot. It's a fire risk. Those wires are not mean to draw 600W and are not sufficient gauge, make sure you use two separate 6-pin PCI connections, not the single with a chained 6-pin PCIE off it. I learnt this the hard way and have the melted PSU wires to show for it..  Undecided

Hi Guys,

I know that the power requirements might be higher now because of software, but you need to let us know what they actually are so that we can purchase appropriate equipment.  I have several Black Widow miners and they're sucking so much power that they are triggering the overload on the 500W and 600W power supplies I bought for them....This seems somewhat crazy considering your webpage currently says they only draw 370W which should do more than OK on a 500W / 600W gold PSU running nothing else.  I need to know the real requirements so that I can purchase power supplies since you chose not to provide them with the product.  It would have made a lot more sense to include a decent power supply instead of a miner controlling software.  

Totally agree. I love the miner, it's a great bit of kit, but it's drawing close to 2x the power spec and people need to be aware of this. If nothing else it could be a fire hazard. Also it's pretty unintuitive the way they are 8-pin female connectors on the back of the Black Widow, but you must use only 6-pin PCIE connectors to power it. The remaining two pins are unused.

As for the zecController, the idea is great, but it really seems not ready for prime-time. I tried my best to use them, the first I got up and running fine, but then I was unable to add any further zenControllers to my account...which meant my miners would only hash at GAW's nicehash BTC address with no way for me to change that. Contacted support, but they are clearly swamped, so after a few hours I bailed, rooted the Pi, disabled all the cloudminer pyton scripts, and ran cgminer myself. They're working great like this. I really like the idea, but right now, I have to say I don't think they are ready for anyone with more tahn the most basic of needs (one zenController, one type of miner).

Please GAW, put out an FAQ for this hardware, especially about the power supply requirements and connectors, a simple getting started sheet included in the box would have gone a long way towards a smoother initial experience.

I still think GAW are great and love the miner, really nice looking machine, a great new addition to the ASIC line-up, and I in not way want to return it, but there is definitely room for improvement at the moment on the package and support side. On the plus side now I have them running on my rooted Pi they are hashing away beautifully, great speed. The hardware itself is good. Smiley

Thanks for answering some questions.  My next questions is about the black widows...is it OK to use a USB hub to chain 3 or more Black widows to a single controller? Smiley
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:59:00 AM

Yes, that's fine, as long as you only have one type of miner per controller. Smiley
soundslave

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:05:34 AM

Hey guys,

just wanna share the experience
- got my Fury yesterday (i didnt got the tracking number, just the call from local DHL service) - was very happy. Smiley
- had some problems with setting it up (started to work after i changed the COM port number on windows and offcourse then on cgminer settings, and restart)
- now running for 12 hours, avg speed 1.2Mh/s (well lots of HW and R, so i beleive the fury could run better with different settings)

using:
windows drivers: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx
cgminer and conf: https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config

have a great day,
soundslave.
malkbaby

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

Yes, that's fine, as long as you only have one type of miner per controller. Smiley

Right on, I finally think I solved my power needs and still am having issues keeping a steady hash rate going...not sure whats going on but I'm thinking I'm just gonna goto bed and have to deal with it tomorrow...
chrisnewby91

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:28:44 AM

Recieved my fury very quickly hashing at 1.3mh/s just kicking myself that I cancelled my other 9. I thought they would be too big and noisy but they are actually quite small and quieter the gridseeds.

thanks gaw for quick delivery and support
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7862

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

Both GAW and Zeus have updated the Power Consumption. Falcon is now at 1040?Huh?

That is not going to fly.

5 gridseed blades = 1 falcon hash wise

watt wise  the gridseed  blades use half the watts

not good   for this new product.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
juanjosear

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:46:48 AM

Hello.
When starting week two? Time??
milesbitcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:47:35 AM

Really want to show my support for GAW here. These things need a firmware update asap!
milesbitcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:41:43 AM

Falcon - Ghash - MultiPool. 1 Hour

http://s8.postimg.org/62kbp0orp/multipool_1hour.png
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: