Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:57:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506534 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

what is the login for the pi that has the zen controller on it?

Try this comes from the next forum over

root/gawminers

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628615.60

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:36:30 PM

what is the login for the pi that has the zen controller on it?

There is not a published one.  Really the only reason to have the HDMI connector hooked to anything is to watch it boot.  Zero reason to have a keyboard hooked up.

My guess is that the zenminer website is doing a multicast to find units on the same LAN, and the zencontroller PI is listening for the same and communicating back its ID number and mac address.  Once that is done, communication is established.

Personally not real comfortable from a security perspective with a webpage that does stuff like that.  Kind of an open door for abuse should zenminer get hacked.

Cassey (now running CGminer under a Gentoo PI build)\
 ICA 0:                | 1.322M/1.317Mh/s | A:230 R:10 HW:8 U:  8.24/m  (clk=328)

Cassey
milesbitcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:27:26 PM

Great. Now we get to have a price war. Both zeus and hashra have already cut prices for batch 2. Set to ship June 15th.
Cassey

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:33:26 PM

Great. Now we get to have a price war. Both zeus and hashra have already cut prices for batch 2. Set to ship June 15th.

Isn't free enterprise a wonderful thing?    Get the power problem licked, and drop that War Machine down a bit more... and just maybe...

Actually, I'd like to hear more about the A2 products, since those are suppose to be shipping next week.

Cassey
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:35:05 PM

Isn't free enterprise a wonderful thing?    Get the power problem licked, and drop that War Machine down a bit more... and just maybe...

Actually, I'd like to hear more about the A2 products, since those are suppose to be shipping next week.
I have both an A2 and War Machine (another War Machine coming week 2). What would you like to know?

Regular Guy™
milesbitcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:39:19 PM

I have both an A2 and War Machine (another War Machine coming week 2). What would you like to know?

Do you have the war machine in hand or hosted?
volder

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:41:58 PM

All of my miners are hosted. I can speak to their performance, but not their physical appearance.

Regular Guy™
Cassey

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:42:14 PM

Well... for starters:

1)  Is the A2 power usage what is advertised?  (about 7-8 watts/Mh)

2)  Why buy one over the other?  If I did the math right, the cost difference is high between A2 and A1, with something like a year or two ROI based on power cost.

3)  Given a multi-year ROI due to cost difference, were you comfortable with the 3 month warranty of the A2 (I think that is what is was, please correct if I'm not remembering correctly)

Cassey

Cassey
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:43:22 PM

You need to check there shipping the savings are really not there.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Cassey

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:45:16 PM

Seriously!  The Zeus "Fury" equivalent had something like a $49-$59 shipping charge - outrageous for a ~$150 unit.

Cassey
milesbitcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:46:51 PM

That maybe so. I didn't go that far. Make sure you do your own research.
Crypto84

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:47:36 PM

1. is the A2 the mini or the terminator?
2. What hashrates are you getting?
3. does it work with the zen controller?
4. whats the power consumption from the wall for the a2?
milesbitcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Seriously!  The Zeus "Fury" equivalent had something like a $49-$59 shipping charge - outrageous for a ~$150 unit.

My apologizes I was referring to the higher end units. Clearly I should look closer. My apologies.
milesbitcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:49:35 PM

All of my miners are hosted. I can speak to their performance, but not their physical appearance.

What kind of performance are you seeing. Looking to purchase 2 - week 3 hosted war machines. Trying to figure an ROI
milesbitcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

Well... for starters:

2)  Why buy one over the other?  If I did the math right, the cost difference is high between A2 and A1, with something like a year or two ROI based on power cost.

3)  Given a multi-year ROI due to cost difference, were you comfortable with the 3 month warranty of the A2 (I think that is what is was, please correct if I'm not remembering correctly)

Cassey
I'll do my best, as stated in my previous post my miners are hosted.

1) I don't know for certain. However all reports I have seen point to the advertised wattage being accurate.

2) Speaking honestly, I would purchase the A2 over another War Machine right now. But ONLY because of the bumps and issues GAW has had getting them going right. Once the War Machine is stable and the bugs are worked out, it will be a better product (and is cheaper $/Mh) if you are hosted. If you take ownership of the miners and host them yourself, A2 is probably a bit better only because of power consumption. I don't give 2 winks about power consumption because mine are hosted (and I'm a founder so they will ALWAYS be hosted). Smiley

3) Three month warranty for the A2 is fine. It seems pretty standard. Gridseed was only 30 or 60 days I believe. By the time the 90 day warranty is up on the A2, I will have already moved up to a bigger machine and sold it.
Guess I should have asked before I purchased but what is GAW's warranty on hardware?
volder

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:51:55 PM

1. is the A2 the mini or the terminator?
2. What hashrates are you getting?
3. does it work with the zen controller?
4. whats the power consumption from the wall for the a2?
1. The A2 is the chip model. Mini is 30Mh. Terminator can be 30/45/60/75/90Mh.
2. I am getting about 82Mh/s in Turbo mode on the A2 and about 55-56Mh/s on the War Machine after GAW's power upgrade today.
3. The A2 does not currently work with the ZenMiner controller, but it will eventually.
4. My A2 is hosted, I don't care how much power it uses. Smiley But the Mh/watt is lower than GAW brand miners. If power is an issue, just get a hosted unit.

Regular Guy™
volder

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

What kind of performance are you seeing. Looking to purchase 2 - week 3 hosted war machines. Trying to figure an ROI
Hash rate has been very jumpy, they are working to fix that ASAP. I'm seeing 55-56Mh/s (sometimes 58Mh/s) after the power upgrade. You can check it out here: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/1688

Make sure you look at the averages, not the peaks and valleys, those mean nothing.

Regular Guy™
volder

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:55:37 PM

Well... for starters:

Cassey
I'll do my best, as stated in my previous post my miners are hosted.

1) I don't know for certain. However all reports I have seen point to the advertised wattage being accurate.

2) Speaking honestly, I would purchase the A2 over another War Machine right now. But ONLY because of the bumps and issues GAW has had getting them going right. Once the War Machine is stable and the bugs are worked out, it will be a better product (and is cheaper $/Mh) if you are hosted. If you take ownership of the miners and host them yourself, A2 is probably a bit better only because of power consumption. I don't give 2 winks about power consumption because mine are hosted (and I'm a founder so they will ALWAYS be hosted). Smiley

3) Three month warranty for the A2 is fine. It seems pretty standard. Gridseed was only 30 or 60 days I believe. By the time the 90 day warranty is up on the A2, I will have already moved up to a bigger machine and sold it.
Guess I should have asked before I purchased but what is GAW's warranty on hardware?

1 Year on GAW brand miners, I believe.

Regular Guy™
xspeed9190

Activity: 189

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:58:12 PM

anyone compile sgminer or cgminer with curse for linux yet ?

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
Cassey

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:01:35 PM

anyone compile sgminer or cgminer with curse for linux yet ?

Yes...

However I used the recommended cgminer 3.1.1 that GAW posted a link too.  It compiles and runs fine with the "--with-curses" flag at configure time.

Cassey
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: