Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506534 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rawtashk

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:00:51 AM

If you are having issues with the ZenController (raspberry Pi) here's what I suggest you can do to possibly find the problem:

Connect the HDMI cable from the ZenController to a display and plug a USB keyboard into the ZenMiner.  Login using

Username: root
Password: gawminers

Once logged in, you can enter the cgminer screen process by typing: screen -r

You will see the current output from cgminer and if you're like me, instantly realize you did not enter your pool credentials correctly. Smiley

To exit the screen and leave cgminer running, press Control-a-d.  (i.e. hold 'Control' then press 'a' then press 'd').

If you dont have an HDMI compatible display, the ZenController is preconfigured to grab an IP address from the network via DHCP.  So you can login to your internet router and the ZenController will probably listed in your list of connected devices / DHCP leases.  You can then SSH into the ZenController using the same login info as above.  You could also scan your network for the IP address, or randomly try IP addresses on your network until you get an SSH connection.

Mine won't even get an IP address. Not from my router, or my extender. Tested on known working ports with known working cables.

Connected a monitor to it and it asked me to install an OS to it.  I'm wondering if I didn't get the ZenMiner OS installed on mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jdape

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:04:01 AM

Is your flash card inserted solidly?   You can download the flash image (OS and mining binary) from GAW, then put it onto your card.

If you are having issues with the ZenController (raspberry Pi) here's what I suggest you can do to possibly find the problem:

Connect the HDMI cable from the ZenController to a display and plug a USB keyboard into the ZenMiner.  Login using

Username: root
Password: gawminers

Once logged in, you can enter the cgminer screen process by typing: screen -r

You will see the current output from cgminer and if you're like me, instantly realize you did not enter your pool credentials correctly. Smiley

To exit the screen and leave cgminer running, press Control-a-d.  (i.e. hold 'Control' then press 'a' then press 'd').

If you dont have an HDMI compatible display, the ZenController is preconfigured to grab an IP address from the network via DHCP.  So you can login to your internet router and the ZenController will probably listed in your list of connected devices / DHCP leases.  You can then SSH into the ZenController using the same login info as above.  You could also scan your network for the IP address, or randomly try IP addresses on your network until you get an SSH connection.

Mine won't even get an IP address. Not from my router, or my extender. Tested on known working ports with known working cables.

Connected a monitor to it and it asked me to install an OS to it.  I'm wondering if I didn't get the ZenMiner OS installed on mine.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
jdape

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:05:24 AM

I highly doubt it would run on a 12v 30 amp supply.  Not enough power!

So I should be able to run it on my 12V@30A supply I have ten Gridseed 5-chips on as well as power a couple Fury's too?  <5A is much more reasonable.  Just need some power adapter cables...   I really don't want to have to run a PC power supply.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:10:06 AM

Does anyone know how to switch pools with the zen miner stuff. Thanks in advance

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
heathcoin

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:11:11 AM

So I should be able to run it on my 12V@30A supply I have ten Gridseed 5-chips on as well as power a couple Fury's too?  <5A is much more reasonable.  Just need some power adapter cables...   I really don't want to have to run a PC power supply.

Has anyone started putting together a list of "known working" power supplies?  I've never mined GPU's so don't have a bunch of PC power supplies laying around.  A dedicated 12V switching supply would be great.  Thoughts?

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:19:34 AM

I wonder if the hosted gen a's are drawing that much power too...

Any reports from War Machines?

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Cassey

Activity: 470

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:28:37 AM

Thanks for posting the zenOS screenshot - your getting more information than I am.  Mine stops after the MAC address, with no pool information.  Alas, I'm not using "clevermining" though.

Cassey
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:28:57 AM

Has anyone started putting together a list of "known working" power supplies?  I've never mined GPU's so don't have a bunch of PC power supplies laying around.  A dedicated 12V switching supply would be great.  Thoughts?

Something ala
http://minersource.net/collections/frontpage/products/dell-750w-psu-slash-adapter
byuda99

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:29:12 AM

Registering to this site since it seems its the only place we are receiving any sort of information about the products etc..Too bad they cant use their site to keep the customers up to date (and have only recently discovered how to email their customers about changes and new information).

I digress, I wanted to ask anyone who works for GAWMiners why they were removing negative reviews on the ASIC Fury page. For your information, censorship is clearly not the way to go. I recommend instead you work harder on delivering a good service and the good reviews will come in time. From what I've seen the hardware looks very promising however the manner in which GAWMiner executed the launch was abysmal to say the least. Very bad communication etc.. Lets just hope this is a learning experience for all.

http://www.gawminers.com/the-fury-1-mh-s-asic-scrypt-miner-week-three/

Troll.

Launch was decent, there were the bumps but they were handled quickly and efficiently. Wasn't a scam, and each situation is being resolved as we still speak.

Week 1 is technically alpha, week 2 beta, week 3 final release. Any one expecting different was not being realistic and shouldnt have had their hopes that high on a community and business as new and young as this one.

For a company only around for a short while, they have released a store front with phenomenal customer service, which continues to grow with the demand. They have released their own series of miners, and provided those with the risk of taking the leap a FREE $40+ unit that they took a loss on in order to make the items more easily maintained.

Abysmal it was not.

Troll.

Decent? Ha, I don't think you know what your taking about. Week 1 is alpha? Your misguided buddy, people who order pre-order six thousand dollar miners don't want to wait around for you to fix your little bug, every hour the machine is not hashing its loosing money - Looking at it otherwise is foolish, this isn't kindergarten its real world business. Further, the whole issue about the ZenMiner wasn't handled well. Sure its a gift, and im sure everyone is grateful but that doesn't explain how there were no communications with customers and it suddenly popped up on the product page..and suddenly left again a day or so later...That screams lack of professionalism. Again, the miner themselves look pretty decent and time will tell if they stand up but Its looking good.  

Finally, why remove negative reviews? If you cant stand the heat, then your clearly in the wrong place. I know im coming off as a dick but you have to understand THEY have to earn my trust and respect, just because they are new doesn't cut them any slack and its stupid to think otherwise.
heathcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:33:31 AM

Something ala
http://minersource.net/collections/frontpage/products/dell-750w-psu-slash-adapter

*LOUD* fans aren't really an option (wife is about to kill be over the 10 GS already) until we get Wi-Fi support...  would a 12@50A supply be enough power for a Black Widow?
heathcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:37:31 AM

GAWMiners... can you provide a 12V switching power supply for the Black Widow that could ship with my week 2 orders???  Or provide detailed power requirements in 12V amps for all the new miners?  New products for you to sell.  I really don't want to mess with a PC power supply.  Thank you.
malkbaby

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:38:47 AM

Once a zen miner has been registered, what happens?  Can you control more than one miner from a single account?  I wish there was a FAQ because there is literally zero information. This thread is the only reason I got my miners running...they're not hashing but at least I got past the 8 pin connectors incorrectly wired down to 6..
malkbaby

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Like I've got 3 of the raspberry pi units...one of them controlling 3 Black widows, one controlling 2 furys and the other is basically testing 1 fury...any idea as to whether I can control all the units from a single account?  OR do I need 3 zenminer accounts? :/ I sent a support ticket, let's hope they answer soon! lol
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:41:32 AM

Like I've got 3 of the raspberry pi units...one of them controlling 3 Black widows, one controlling 2 furys and the other is basically testing 1 fury...any idea as to whether I can control all the units from a single account?  OR do I need 3 zenminer accounts? :/ I sent a support ticket, let's hope they answer soon! lol

Why don't you have them all hooked up to one zenMiner?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:47:11 AM

I wonder if the hosted gen a's are drawing that much power too...

Any reports from War Machines?
Maybe... That might explain the problems with my hosted war machine today.

Regular Guy™
heathcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:09:26 AM

GAWMiners... can you provide a 12V switching power supply for the Black Widow that could ship with my week 2 orders???  Or provide detailed power requirements in 12V amps for all the new miners?  New products for you to sell.  I really don't want to mess with a PC power supply.  Thank you.

This would work, and it's on sale.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371072

Wouldn't something like this work?  ...and no, I'm not the seller!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140536718264

12V@50A and is shipped from USA.  If that's enough power, I'd just need cable adapters...
heathcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:23:42 AM

GAWMiners... can you provide a 12V switching power supply for the Black Widow that could ship with my week 2 orders???  Or provide detailed power requirements in 12V amps for all the new miners?  New products for you to sell.  I really don't want to mess with a PC power supply.  Thank you.

Wouldn't something like this work?  ...and no, I'm not the seller!

12V@50A and is shipped from USA.  If that's enough power, I'd just need cable adapters...

Why though? It's cheaper going with the PSU above + don't have to buy adapter cables. On top of that the service that comes with NewEgg, free returns/exchanges etc. Who knows what will happen with that eBay unit?

I do have a Thermaltake 850W I can pull from a gaming system I'm not using.  No time for games anymore... <sigh>.
schnauzr

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:24:04 AM

I got my Fury's this afternoon.  Smiley  Hooked them up with Zen and they're hashing away.  Grin  Thanks to everyone at GAW for the hard work!

This screen shot was taken after only 15 min., (the mh/s is for 2 Fury's).

I like the reject rate, but how come the discards is as high as the accepts?  Is that normal?
heathcoin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:25:58 AM

GAWMiners... can you provide a 12V switching power supply for the Black Widow that could ship with my week 2 orders???  Or provide detailed power requirements in 12V amps for all the new miners?  New products for you to sell.  I really don't want to mess with a PC power supply.  Thank you.

Wouldn't something like this work?  ...and no, I'm not the seller!

12V@50A and is shipped from USA.  If that's enough power, I'd just need cable adapters...

Why though? It's cheaper going with the PSU above + don't have to buy adapter cables. On top of that the service that comes with NewEgg, free returns/exchanges etc. Who knows what will happen with that eBay unit?

I do have a Thermaltake 850W I can pull from a gaming system I'm not using.  No time for games anymore... <sigh>.

If I had RAM that worked... it'd be mining X11 right now with the GPU's.  But alas... worthless except for parts.
malkbaby

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:33:45 AM

Why don't you have them all hooked up to one zenMiner?

Because I have no idea if that's possible..their shitty GUI interface only shows the option of choose either Fury, Black Widow or Falcon at this time.  I didn't know it could control more than one..that being said I have everything powered on and it seems like the hashes aren't going anywhere. I wish there was some kind of guide or help as to how many zen miner controlers you can control per account, which types of miners can be on the same controller, etc.  There is NO information and it totally sucks.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: