Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PetePete

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:59:21 PM

Evidence is quite a subjective thing what constitutes as evidence to one person may not to another person. Even if Danny himself told you he was never coming back, how can you be sure it's actually Danny and not his twin or a look a like? How can you be sure that your not suffering from illusions.

Given everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks I'd say things are not looking good. When a company goes bust you lose your investment and so do the share holders. This much we know.
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:03:27 PM

It looks like there here is NOTHING criminal here.
what?  how can you say that?  Have you seen the financial reports?  How did Danny spend 12K btc in a couple of months and not have a plan for funding the operation beyond 1 month?

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:04:11 PM

Unless Danny is monumentally stupid, I doubt that you'll ever get such evidence.
He will never issue a notarized statement saying "I stole your money."
He will never authorise an interview outing him as a scammer.
He won't even send you a selfie signed "So long, sucker!"

Just not the way life works Undecided

What a pointless post. Are you just an attention whore? All you post in here is useless crap. Use your brain fool this was no scam.

MPEx - now THERE is a scam. People need to get their money out of that before it is closed down by the FBI. I see that happening soon.
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:08:04 PM

Danny spend 12K btc in a couple of months

I'll allow yourself to question yourself then, according to your modus operandi
what?  how can you say that?  Have you seen the financial reports?

I suppose you have evidence of that criminal activity, other than posts of reposts of reposts of reposts

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:08:06 PM

It looks like there here is NOTHING criminal here.
How did Danny spend 12K btc in a couple of months and not have a plan for funding the operation beyond 1 month?

We know what he spent it on. It was spent legitimately in the business, it's all gone on expenses. A scam that does not make.

They fell on their prediction for BTC which I believe they thought would be on the way to 10k by now.

Do you actually think Danny Brewster could get away with this if it was a scam? Are you from another planet?

PetePete

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

I'm reluctant to call Neo a scam but I think when the shit hit the fan scammy behavior followed.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:16:09 PM

I'm reluctant to call Neo a scam but I think when the shit hit the fan scammy behavior followed.

Interesting thought, I'm more inclined to think he would have been planning the closure of the company over the last 2-3 weeks and making sure the books were in order (as he has claimed they are).

Having said that, he disappeared in the night so either the stress got to him and he couldn't face his employees at crunch-time or the money ran out before he thought it would. Maybe he was holding out for a rebound in the price of BTC.

Ask any day trader how long they will hold a loosing position for - they will tell you until they are bankrupt and their account is empty. It's partly denial and partly false hope. Stress makes you make very very poor decisions at times like these.
sporket

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:16:56 PM

Unless Danny is monumentally stupid, I doubt that you'll ever get such evidence.
He will never issue a notarized statement saying "I stole your money."
He will never authorise an interview outing him as a scammer.
He won't even send you a selfie signed "So long, sucker!"

Just not the way life works Undecided

What a pointless post. Are you just an attention whore? All you post in here is useless crap. Use your brain fool this was no scam.

MPEx - now THERE is a scam. People need to get their money out of that before it is closed down by the FBI. I see that happening soon.

Unlike your investings, about which nothing could be done, your rage is treatable.

Stop sperging or else Thorazine. Angry
PetePete

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:20:56 PM

Could also be a possibility.

Also I find it unlikely that NEO will be sold, yeah maybe some hardware. But the brand itself now has a negative reputation, no one will want to buy something that can be so easily recreated. It's done and dusted. Game over.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:22:55 PM

Everywhere you go on this forum it's all about YOU.

You don't need to make good points or relevant points just get the satisfaction of exposure. You are an attention whore and a desperate little sad man who needs constant affirmation from others. You are an empty vessel Marcel. Mr Popescu, have a look in the Romanian Yellow pages under 'p' for a psychiatrist. You desperately need one, and who knows, you might one day bring some semblance of reality and acceptance of self into your tragic little existence.

Despite what you desperately think and yearn for, most people on this forum loath you! Now isn't that ironic. Maybe you are trying too hard?

Tongue

sporket

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:26:34 PM

Ask any day trader sucker how long they will hold a loosing position for - they will tell you until they are bankrupt and their account is empty. It's partly denial and partly false hope. Stress makes you make very very poor decisions at times like these.

FTFY.  BTW, sometimes (as is the case with your Active Mining silliness), "investors" have no choice but to hold -- their shares having been taken away from them Smiley

Oh, and...  Thorazine. Ask for it by name Angry

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:27:14 PM

Could also be a possibility.

Also I find it unlikely that NEO will be sold, yeah maybe some hardware. But the brand itself now has a negative reputation, no one will want to buy something that can be so easily recreated. It's done and dusted. Game over.

I'd love that to be proved wrong but you surely are right. If they had actually built a reputation and customer base before this fiasco they would have had a chance of gaining investor/buyer interest. Unfortunately I also think Danny would have tried desperately to get inward investment in the weeks before the closure. He clearly failed to strike up enough/any interest in N+B.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:29:47 PM

sometimes (as is the case with your Active Mining silliness), "investors" have no choice but to hold -- their shares having been taken away from them Smiley

Yeah good point, I'm no different to Danny. We are all human - all too human. The thing is I held my ACtM shares because I believed in the company and it's CEO not because I panicked. That's an investment decision that is paying off. If I had any money in MPEx I would take it out IMMEDIATELY. You know it makes sense.
sporket

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

^If you had any money *anywhere*, you prob'ly would "invest" it in another lowbrow scam like Active Mining.
There's a saying about you and your money Angry
velacreations

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:40:51 PM

I suppose you have evidence of that criminal activity, other than posts of reposts of reposts of reposts
No, I have evidence of suspicious behavior and a clear motive.  That's enough to warrant an investigation, and I am not going to assume there was no criminal activity until we have more information (like financial reports).  You can't rule out criminal activity with the information we have.

NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:44:05 PM

No, I have evidence of suspicious behavior and a clear motive.  That's enough to warrant an investigation, and I am not going to assume there was no criminal activity until we have more information (like financial reports).  You can't rule out criminal activity with the information we have.

Agreed. Neither can you rule it in.
velacreations

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:45:05 PM

We know what he spent it on. It was spent legitimately in the business, it's all gone on expenses.

Please share the evidence to support that claim.  We do not know what it was spent on because we have no records of the spent funds.

They fell on their prediction for BTC which I believe they thought would be on the way to 10k by now.
they raised a considerable amount of funds when btc was close to $100

Do you actually think Danny Brewster could get away with this if it was a scam? Are you from another planet?
he seems to be doing a fine job of it.  Has he provided any financial reports or records? Has he explained the situation? Is there an official investigation?  Is he in custody? 

Of course he can get away with it.  That's why he's not providing any tangible evidence to back up his claims.

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

I can confirm that as well.
I had contacted them in order to acquire a Neo Card and they said they are only gathering interest at the time.

I think Danny didn't want to take customers as he knew the future of the bank was uncertain.

Or simply that they did not have yet authorization to function as a bank? Did they? Usually one needs such a thing, a posh store and "opening" party is not enough.   Operating a bank without authorization would probably have put him and his staff in jail right away.

The company would have been a success if BTC had increased in value over 2014 as N+B had predicted and Gox+Bitfunder didn't happen. THAT IS A FACT. So they ran out of funds, it doesn't make this a scam. N+B would have opened customer accounts if the future of the bank was secure - but to do so with the price of BTC too low to allow the bank to stay open would be taking money by deceit.   If you see that you realise that Danny was acting honestly and concientiously [ ... ]

Running away without telling anyone is not "acting honestly and concientiously".  Stress is no excuse for failing to respond to his investors and staff for more than a week.

As for whether there was crime or not, the police will tell.  Failing is not a crime, but a manager paying himself dividends or benefits when the company is already insolvent is a crime in many countries.  It is effectively stealing from the creditors. 

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
PetePete

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:49:45 PM

As regards to the Cyprus being a victim, I have heard of people losing up to 5000 euros worth of shares in NEO (I sold right after the hype of their store opening) and I'am just as annoyed as anyone loosing money but it pisses me off more that this happened to Cypriots not because im Cypriot descent myself but because I have seen first hand the struggles they have been through in this recent economic crisis. Some people might have seen this as an opportunity out of a financial mess. But saying this, some of the benefits is the few millions that was dumped into Cypriot economy like media getting money through advertising, lawyers, employees and interior decorators etc. Although Cyprus's first taste of Bitcoin will be a negative one, I would like to think that there is no such thing as bad press and that the proliferation of Bitcoin in Cyprus as been overall beneficial to those willing to look deeper.
velacreations

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:49:47 PM

Agreed. Neither can you rule it in.
yes, you can. Based on his behavior and motive, it's high on the list of probabilities.  In fact, every single day that no explanation is provided and more evidence comes to light (like the fact that he took customer funds and didn't provide bitcoins), criminal activity becomes the most logical explanation. 

After all, all he needs to do is provide sufficient financial reports to his shareholders. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: