Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A Resource Based Economy  (Read 288301 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 06:27:19 PM

RealBitcoin, why would a society allow a doctor to continue practicing, when there's a robot that does it 10 times faster, 10 times more efficiently, and 10 times safer; indeed, it would be malpractice. The goal is to automate as much as possible, to free up human potential

It would be very dangerous to absolutely replace everything with robots, because then practiaclly the value of humans would be 0

You can't even theoretically replace everything with robots, because, ultimately, it is a human against another human affair that gives value (or lack thereof) to one's life. It is pretty much the same as with private property, it is yours only as long as others consider it yours...

My property is my property, lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ngupowered

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:53:33 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 08:28:57 PM by ngupowered

It is pretty much the same as with private property, it is yours only as long as others consider it yours...

Yeah, but the respect for property must sooner or later yield to profit, something that the likes of Stefan Molyneux have yet to realize, and which "mission impossible 2" is a prime example of.

Needing longer signatures, up-rank me!
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:40:59 PM

It is pretty much the same as with private property, it is yours only as long as others consider it yours...

Yeah, but the respect for property must sooner or later yield to profit, something that the likes of Stefan Molyneux have yet to realize, and which "mission impossible 2" is a prime example of.

Does it? What if I just buy a farmland and start planting plants there.

If I dont care about the value of the land, it can go down for that matter, but I make money from the plants, and even if i dont break even, it will make that my profession.

I dont think any farmer cares about the value of his land, and only cares about the productivity of it, and to make many crops to sell them.

Land speculators? That is a totally different category. In a real capitalist society, there will be hardly any speculators. Those belong in this corporate world.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:33:04 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 09:47:45 PM by ngupowered

RealBitcoin, in "mission impossible 2", a company unleashes a deadly virus on the populace - thereby disrespecting property - when in possession of the cure, in order to reap huge profits. There simply doesn't exist a mechanism in free-market capitalism that would prevent something like this from eventually occurring. Hence, property yields to profit.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:17:15 AM

RealBitcoin, in "mission impossible 2", a company unleashes a deadly virus on the populace - thereby disrespecting property - when in possession of the cure, in order to reap huge profits. There simply doesn't exist a mechanism in free-market capitalism that would prevent something like this from eventually occurring. Hence, property yields to profit.

That event would never happen.

And even if it would, people will just storm their building and steal the cure if they really dont give it up.

If there is a global pandemic and you posess the cure for it, you will sell it,  even if you are a psychopath, because it can gain you billions of dollars.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:47:12 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 06:45:02 PM by ngupowered

[Entirely plausible it could!]

And even if it would, people will just storm their building and steal the cure if they really dont give it up.
[Sounds like chaos and property being violated! That's free-market capitalism for you: inconsistency and violens!]

If there is a global pandemic and you posess the cure for it, you will sell it,  even if you are a psychopath, because it can gain you billions of dollars.
[They profit, and millions die! Way to go free-market capitalism, wohooo!]

RealBitcoin

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:42:39 PM

[Sounds like chaos and property being violated! That's free-market capitalism for you: inconsistency and violens!]

If there is a global pandemic and you posess the cure for it, you will sell it,  even if you are a psychopath, because it can gain you billions of dollars.

But what is the alternative? If you have this global communist system setup, how do you know that the director of the pandemic research facility (yes you will have hierarchy even in RBE) wont just run away with the cure and keep it for himself and then sell it on the black market?

What prevents that? At least in capitalism you have a formal market where you can drop your ideas and inventions for sale.

If you banish money, you will have only black markets and violence. Even the soviet union had a huge black market system, people need capitalism ,you cannot comprehend it that it's a basic trait of humans to acquire capital and resources.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:59:31 PM

But what is the alternative? If you have this global communist system setup, how do you know that the director of the pandemic research facility (yes you will have hierarchy even in RBE) wont just run away with the cure and keep it for himself and then sell it on the black market?
 [In an RBE, there's no market to sell on; there's nothing to profit from. Any withholding of the cure, from your fellow man, is a severely distorted behaviour picked up in the free-market where it's rewarded, no doubt. ]

What prevents that? At least in capitalism you have a formal market where you can drop your ideas and inventions for sale.
[Because the best ideas, such as abundance for all, is not profitable in the free market.]

If you banish money, you will have only black markets and violence. Even the soviet union had a huge black market system, people need capitalism ,you cannot comprehend it that it's a basic trait of humans to acquire capital and resources.
[I already linked you a publication showing that toddlers have not the same notion of property as adults, but are more about needs, which is more in line with an RBE. You don't have a need for property, but for access to resources, such as transportation, rather than owning it.]

RealBitcoin

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:11:14 AM

[In an RBE, there's no market to sell on; there's nothing to profit from. Any withholding of the cure, from your fellow man, is a severely distorted behaviour picked up in the free-market where it's rewarded, no doubt. ]

[Because the best ideas, such as abundance for all, is not profitable in the free market.]

[I already linked you a publication showing that toddlers have not the same notion of property as adults, but are more about needs, which is more in line with an RBE. You don't have a need for property, but for access to resources, such as transportation, rather than owning it.]

The thing is that in a real free market, there wont be just 1 person inventing the cure, but many separate people, not even knowing of eachother.

And they would compete about who can release the vaccine faster to earn more money. The person that invents it first, will quickly start to sell it before the other people invent it, to ensure that he profits the most. And when the other start to sell it, the price of it will drastically drop. So the vaccine will be on the market ASAP. Greed is a 2 edged sword, and in this case, greed will save many people's lives, because as greedy is the inventor, as fast the cure will start to save lives. So if 1 out of the 100 inventors withholds the cure, he will just lose money, as the other 99 people did the right thing, and will be rewarded with big bucks.

If you have 1 point of failure, a communist research department, you can just have 1 evil person withholding the cure because he believes the "people" are not ideologically pure enough to receive it, or some other disturbed ideological delusion, and will let people die.

Doesnt matter what system you create, if you centralize power, you wont create a paradise, but rather a hell on earth.

A free market is just there to balance power, nothing more, nothing less.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:42:49 AM

The thing is that in a real free market, there wont be just 1 person inventing the cure, but many separate people, not even knowing of eachother. [which is highly inefficient because they are not communicating and sharing ideas. Actually, this is very similar to the hashing problem in BitCoin, where if all the miners cooperated, they could cover the hash space just once. ]

And they would compete about who can release the vaccine faster to earn more money. The person that invents it first, will quickly start to sell it before the other people invent it, to ensure that he profits the most. And when the other start to sell it, the price of it will drastically drop. [Unless they go into monopoly, keeping the price high.] So the vaccine will be on the market ASAP. Greed is a 2 edged sword, and in this case, greed will save many people's lives, because as greedy is the inventor, as fast the cure will start to save lives. So if 1 out of the 100 inventors withholds the cure, he will just lose money, as the other 99 people did the right thing, and will be rewarded with big bucks.

If you have 1 point of failure, a communist research department, you can just have 1 evil person withholding the cure because he believes the "people" are not ideologically pure enough to receive it, or some other disturbed ideological delusion, and will let people die.
[And the same could happen in the free-market, by someone not interested in profit.]

Doesnt matter what system you create, if you centralize power, you wont create a paradise, but rather a hell on earth. [I guess that your body is "hell on earth" then.]

RealBitcoin

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:19:47 AM

The thing is that in a real free market, there wont be just 1 person inventing the cure, but many separate people, not even knowing of eachother. [which is highly inefficient because they are not communicating and sharing ideas. Actually, this is very similar to the hashing problem in BitCoin, where if all the miners cooperated, they could cover the hash space just once. ]

That is nonsense, the separation of powers is the whole point of decentralization. Otherwise you just use a centralized system.

I can put all bitcoin addresses and balances in an excel file, and it would cost me 0$ to maintain it.

The factor is that you cannot trust a centralized system, at all. That is why we have the mining system.

And they would compete about who can release the vaccine faster to earn more money. The person that invents it first, will quickly start to sell it before the other people invent it, to ensure that he profits the most. And when the other start to sell it, the price of it will drastically drop. [Unless they go into monopoly, keeping the price high.] So the vaccine will be on the market ASAP. Greed is a 2 edged sword, and in this case, greed will save many people's lives, because as greedy is the inventor, as fast the cure will start to save lives. So if 1 out of the 100 inventors withholds the cure, he will just lose money, as the other 99 people did the right thing, and will be rewarded with big bucks.

If they dont know about eachother , i highly doubt  they would conspire against people.

I mean just look at the hardware companies, you got tons of them, if what you say were true, you would not have today a PC on which to speak this nonsese.

[And the same could happen in the free-market, by someone not interested in profit.]

Someone not interested in profit, is certainly not interested in losses.

It costs billions of $ to develop any medicine, why would he spend so much money ,and then sit on the cure just for the fun of it? Thats nonsense my friend.

Doesnt matter what system you create, if you centralize power, you wont create a paradise, but rather a hell on earth. [I guess that your body is "hell on earth" then.]

Well its certainly very vulnerable by being centralized, 1 body only needs to die once.

It it were decentralized, then you would not die from 1 point of failure : heart attack, stroke, bullet in a brain, etc..

Humans would be more durable then.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:13:28 PM

RealBitcoin, you really need to be stating more clearly the "nonsense" and why, and not just write blanket statements.

If your drug is second to market, and both parties are equally invested, you wouldn't try to compete, but simply join them in a monopoly or cartel, keeping the price high - which is why there are laws against such behavior.

Unfortunately, there's centralization everywhere, because it's more efficient. For instance, take a company with a central management and departments who all communicate and share research with one another, it would be highly inefficient to have them perform the same task or compete internally - more like academia where research is published; that's an RBE.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:20:50 PM

RealBitcoin, you really need to be stating more clearly the "nonsense" and why, and not just write blanket statements.

If your drug is second to market, and both parties are equally invested, you wouldn't try to compete, but simply join them in a monopoly or cartel, keeping the price high - which is why there are laws against such behavior.

Unfortunately, there's centralization everywhere, because it's more efficient. For instance, take a company with a central management and departments who all communicate and share research with one another, it would be highly inefficient to have them perform the same task or compete internally - more like academia where research is published; that's an RBE.

Monopoly and oligopoly only form if there is a pressure to centralization on the market. You will never see a lollipop market become centralized in a free society, because there will be so many people doing it that it will become impossible.

The same will happen with any other market, if you introduce gradually introduce competition. But if you keep out competition with the iron fist of the state, and those laws, then it wil certainly become monopolic.

Your example of that company is not a free market, in a free market there would be no company with that many departments.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:23:56 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 08:53:59 PM by ngupowered

RealBitcoin, you seem to be including a lot of supposition of what constitutes a free market, when I already told you its definition which you agreed with: " an economic market or system in which prices are based on competition among private businesses and not controlled by a government ", my emphasis - there being nothing in there about people not working together toward a common goal, also known as a company.

If you really wanted to convince us, you'd be making the case that there isn't a free market, on U.S. soil, for example, according to that definition, but also prove that tax money could have been better spent in the free market and was not subject to competition for government projects, in the free market, and also prove that the government is indeed threatening/forcing all people on U.S. soil to pay income tax - good luck!

ngupowered

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:25:51 PM

RealBitcoin, again, nothing you just stated has anything to do with Merriam-Webster's "free market", since people are free to not use government fiat money, asses stock values by their method of choice, and aren't forced to buy them, all free market behavior.
Your job is to show the coercion, and that it is sufficiently large to give a negative impact than would a completely unregulated market.

ngupowered

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:53:11 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 09:46:44 AM by ngupowered

RealBitcoin, again, nothing you just stated has anything to do with Merriam-Webster's "free market", since people are free to not use government fiat money, asses stock values by their method of choice, and aren't forced to buy them, all free market behavior.
Your job is to show the coercion, and that it is sufficiently large to give a negative impact than would a completely unregulated market.

No they are not. Taxes must be paid in legal tender fiat. And society forces you to shop with fat as well. ["forces"?? What are you smoking, RB? As part of a free market, private businesses have the right to barter anything for its products and services, even BitCoin, and there's no law that says otherwise.]

It's not that it's not feasable to shop with gold coins, it is actually impossible if not illegal. ["illegal"?? How about you show a law in support?]

Truth hurts, doesn't it, RB, that there indeed is a free market, and society still goes to sht!

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:52:58 AM

How will RBE deal with decision-making, and how the decisions get enforced, i`m looking for a good answer here?

Can you give an example of what you are looking for?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:12:17 AM

How will RBE deal with decision-making, and how the decisions get enforced, i`m looking for a good answer here?

Can you give an example of what you are looking for?

I`m curious how the RBE system will handle decision making. As in how will governing decisions be made, in order to keep the system transparent and decentralized.

If you cant answer that, or there is no feasable and applicable way to do that, then my gut feeling will become true, and this RBE will quickly turn into a Stalinist global totalitarian government.

If you can't implement a feasable way for transparent decision making, and a participatory voting system where you involve the average person into the economy and politics, then the system will quickly become totalitarian and the TPTB will assume control, and the system will become very ugly, very soon.
My definition of "feasible" is based on experimental psychology. Organisms behave according to stimuli, pleasure, needs, etc. Your "Stalinist" pejorative belies your education and/or bias. The problem is they tried to make Marxist ideas into a political system. Higher organisms don't become "political" until they respond to "others" outside their immediate family/group. RBE seeks to allow people to treat everyone like their own family/tribe. The principles have been studied and tested by science and have shown to have predictable results. Many clinicians and organizations use these techniques and it's simply a matter of scale.

There is nothing to enforce. The alternative of not becoming an RBE is extinction as a species. The eventual culling of the population will demand it.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:11:31 AM

My definition of "feasible" is based on experimental psychology. Organisms behave according to stimuli, pleasure, needs, etc. Your "Stalinist" pejorative belies your education and/or bias. The problem is they tried to make Marxist ideas into a political system. Higher organisms don't become "political" until they respond to "others" outside their immediate family/group. RBE seeks to allow people to treat everyone like their own family/tribe. The principles have been studied and tested by science and have shown to have predictable results. Many clinicians and organizations use these techniques and it's simply a matter of scale.

There is nothing to enforce. The alternative of not becoming an RBE is extinction as a species. The eventual culling of the population will demand it.

No,you get me wrong, I`m talking about everyday applicable decisions in a society? How are they decided , who decides them, and how are they enforced?

I saw the RBE model, and video, they talk about a huge global network of resource trading. It seems pretty complicated, and it needs high levels of organization, presumably a global state.

And when you are dealing with a global state, presumably heavily leftist, you can quickly fall into Stalinist ideology and turn this dream ideology into a nightmare with gulags and then rest of them.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 10:11:47 AM

No,you get me wrong, I`m talking about everyday applicable decisions in a society? How are they decided , who decides them, and how are they enforced?

I saw the RBE model, and video, they talk about a huge global network of resource trading. It seems pretty complicated, and it needs high levels of organization, presumably a global state.

And when you are dealing with a global state, presumably heavily leftist, you can quickly fall into Stalinist ideology and turn this dream ideology into a nightmare with gulags and then rest of them.
The only major decisions would be how to best use land, water, and mineral resources. They would be used in the most efficient and logical way. It would be similar to how a husband and wife decide how to budget themselves for them and their children. Your predilection for violence is curious. Did your parents chain you in the basement and torture you as a child? That is not normal behavior, history notwithstanding. Believe it or not, people can learn to be erudite and behave rationally. Your vision of humanity would not have progressed beyond the stone age if they were the rule rather than the exception.

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: