Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A Resource Based Economy  (Read 288301 times)
mouser98

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:36:05 PM

We are currently raised to be competitive and dominant

You see, this is how I know the RBE philosophy is complete bunk.  For my part, I am selfish and competitive not due to indoctrination (because I was indoctrinated in quite a bit of crypto-communist "sharing" crap starting at a young age) but due to the fact that I have spent the majority of my life surrounded by morons who have absolutely no clue how anything works and engage in magical thinking as a substitute for logic and reason.  Capitalism just sort of naturally emerges as the obvious solution to the problem of self-replicating mouth-breathing retards who destroy everything they come in contact with.  So, ironically, you can say that RBE is part of the reason that people are competitive and dominant -- because placing any significant amount of resources in the control of people who say things like "What we are talking about is the abundance of access to all of life's necessities" is just such a horrifying alternative.

this paragraph is a cornucopia of WIN!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ISA

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:52:03 PM

AWESOME.

The Venus project opens your mind:
http://www.thevenusproject.com/

A must see for all free thinkers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w

ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | OFFICIAL RELEASE | 2011
mouser98

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:32:24 PM

AWESOME.

please ISA, VP has been thoroughly debunked here....  when are you guys going to figure out that top-down solutions really only work for the top?  its time for you to get on board with the bottom-up solution
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:55:47 PM

AWESOME.

please ISA, VP has been thoroughly debunked here....  when are you guys going to figure out that top-down solutions really only work for the top?  its time for you to get on board with the bottom-up solution

VP isn't about a top or bottom solution. It's just Maslow's Hierarchy with AI and robots. It's not here yet, but when AI arrives, what will your gold, virtual or real be worth?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
anderxander

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 07:02:37 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 08:43:59 PM by anderxander

The Venus project is such a joke. Fresco hasn't gone anywhere in 30 years. One test facility  new models and books but 0 progress towards attaining anything they claim. It has been about pushing a vision  with hoping to one day see it a reality. But thats where it will remain, a group in a state of hope trying to get people to see. That does not create resource abundance and there is already another system with the same goal that has been in practice for decades. Permaculture. Food forests.
Open-e-farm is a great example of where the technology of abundance is headed. Anyone still supporting venus project should probably jump ship before they waste too much more time and get obboard with a practical functioning set of ideas that solves the problem of producing resource abundance. for bitcoins to truely work their decentralized nature must be matched with decentralized power distribution and the coins themselves becoming the base unit which with things are monetized. So long as we rely on a conversion through dollars to use bitcoins they will fail.

1NhQB9dPCRKWJGBJmBhNJxCUnbrbXTiYY2
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:50:07 PM

there is already another system with the same goal that has been in practice for decades. Permaculture. Food forests.
Open-e-farm is a great example of where the technology of abundance is headed.

Just wanted to quote this for anyone who has the urge to waste their life drawing pictures of floating cities.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
draaglom

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:01:23 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 09:35:17 PM by draaglom

This pictures for sad children comic describes my feelings towards the venus project accurately, even if it is more aimed at "the singularity".

Essentially, the Venus Project appears to be religion for Atheists. The core tenet of the Venus Project is that at some point jesus will return a bitchin' AI will turn up and then everything will be awesome.

On top of this, the Zeitgeist films are riddled with so much bullshit it isn't even funny.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:42:05 AM

This pictures for sad children comic describes my feelings towards the venus project accurately, even if it is more aimed at "the singularity".

Essentially, the Venus Project appears to be religion for Atheists. The core tenet of the Venus Project is that at some point jesus will return a bitchin' AI will turn up and then everything will be awesome.

On top of this, the Zeitgeist films are riddled with so much bullshit it isn't even funny.

Well, yeah. AI will be a reality. We will be able to create an intelligence that makes humans compare to microbes. After all, we evolved from microbes. I'm not an apologist for the Zeitgeist films, they are simply an introduction. It takes thousands of hours of education to understand the premise of how an RBE would work. It takes pure faith to believe that any currency, whether finite or fiat, to believe that they have causal relationship with scientific progress.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:00:20 AM

Is there scientific proof we can develop and AI system that either itself will be significantly smarter than humans, and at very least human like in it's mental capabilities, or a system that that will be capable of designing AIs better and faster than humans to the point it will give us such "god AI" ?

I mean, sure we're getting closer and closer, but is it more like the sound barrier, getting harder and harder until a tipping point where it will suddenly become super easy, or is it more like light speed, requiring exponentially more effort the further you go, at such a rate that makes overcoming or even just matching the speed pretty much impossible? Is it even possible to know at all which one it is if we haven't (yet) overcome the barrier?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
anderxander

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:27:29 AM

Or again that Permaculture and food forests have already solved the problem that this supposed AI is supposedly going to solve. Earthships, earth bag homes, solar oriented homes, distributed generation through solar powered steam engines, open source farm equipment....There are people out there already actually doing things that solve resource scarcity. Go practice them. Stop living in dream land.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:39:33 AM

Is there scientific proof we can develop and AI system that either itself will be significantly smarter than humans, and at very least human like in it's mental capabilities, or a system that that will be capable of designing AIs better and faster than humans to the point it will give us such "god AI" ?

I mean, sure we're getting closer and closer, but is it more like the sound barrier, getting harder and harder until a tipping point where it will suddenly become super easy, or is it more like light speed, requiring exponentially more effort the further you go, at such a rate that makes overcoming or even just matching the speed pretty much impossible? Is it even possible to know at all which one it is if we haven't (yet) overcome the barrier?

Science only seeks to explore things in nature that we observe. Intelligence is not beyond our understanding. It doesn't require proof, only good evidence. Humans are nothing more than complex machines. Scientists have already created artificial life. AI is inevitable, if not imminent, and superior intelligence is quite plausible.

anderxander

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:42:49 AM

Science only seeks to explore things in nature that we observe. Intelligence is not beyond our understanding. It doesn't require proof, only good evidence. Humans are nothing more than complex machines. Scientists have already created artificial life. AI is inevitable, if not imminent, and superior intelligence is quite plausible.

Did you even read his argument?? No wonder you buy into that RBE elephant shit.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 05:25:14 AM

Did you even read his argument?? No wonder you buy into that RBE elephant shit.

A false analogy is not an argument that merits response. Computers calculate far faster than humans already. It's just a matter of making the machines more complex. If you can't make logical arguments, no wonder you don't understand RBE.

jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 01:17:44 PM

Since no one answered my question, I guess we can say cornucopian communism instead of "resource based economy". It's more accurate. A libertarian society, despotism an statist capitalism are based on resources too.

AI for president! Communism needs a benevolent dictator and a futurist AI can do it.
I guess we can bury all political and economic books and just wait for the computer to say answer 42.
Don't think, AI will do it for you in the future.
What's wrong with our society? Doesn't matter. AI will find out.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:41:50 PM

Since no one answered my question, I guess we can say cornucopian communism instead of "resource based economy". It's more accurate. A libertarian society, despotism an statist capitalism are based on resources too.

AI for president! Communism needs a benevolent dictator and a futurist AI can do it.
I guess we can bury all political and economic books and just wait for the computer to say answer 42.

Use whatever labels you want. What are you afraid of? Computers run your car, your power grid, your traffic lights, and nearly everything else. We are dependent on computers. Monitoring and distributing resources with maximum efficiency requires computers. I don't know why you think an AI would be a dictator, it would just be a machine. If Karl Marx had know about computers he may have written an entirely different book. Cornucopian communism? I'm not sure what that means, but in the context of a superior AI, it seems it would work pretty well.

jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 03:29:43 PM

Use whatever labels you want. What are you afraid of? Computers run your car, your power grid, your traffic lights, and nearly everything else. We are dependent on computers. Monitoring and distributing resources with maximum efficiency requires computers. I don't know why you think an AI would be a dictator, it would just be a machine. If Karl Marx had know about computers he may have written an entirely different book. Cornucopian communism? I'm not sure what that means, but in the context of a superior AI, it seems it would work pretty well.

I didn't say I'm afraid. I think computers will manage more things than they do now. In fact, I'm working on it. My open source AI project is called preann (parallel reinforcement evolutionary artificial neural network).
But I don't think an algorithm should decide my goals.
An AI would be a dictator if it dictates what we must do.
If I've chosen the wrong labels, maybe you can explain me why. Please, help me know the differences between communism and "resource based economy". As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the dictator would be a an awesome computer instead of Stalin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornucopian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
anderxander

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:42:00 PM

Open source ecology > RBE

openfarmtech.org/wiki/Factor_e_Farm

anderxander

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:45:39 PM

Look a robot thats going to build straw houses.

openfarmtech.org/forum/discussion/200/a-robot-to-build-a-straw-house

jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 03:54:24 PM

Look a robot thats going to build straw houses.

openfarmtech.org/forum/discussion/200/a-robot-to-build-a-straw-house

Cool. But it is a technology. Technologies can be used in a communist, a state capitalist or in a libertarian society.
A lot of things need to be improved in our society, but I don't think resources must be managed centrally for that.

Ruffstylz

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 05:07:52 PM

Hi, I'm interested in Bitcoin.

The force of opposition to someone who approached you to talk about this in a friendly manner is a time-old yawnfest and seems to be equal to a lack of using the can-do creative power you possess to make a resource-based society possible. It doesn't convince me you really CARE, because at some point when discussing humanity and its future you'll have to deal with the awkward issue of, uh... love, and the importance of taking care of each other. One billion people are starving so I want to hear some really, really, really good solutions. Awareness for the cause is being created, because before you can act on an idea you need to imagine it. We're trying to get the world to imagine the idea first so that in the end people will be friendly enough towards it to allow the idea to be tested without being attacked, literally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: