Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:26:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WireIT

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:49:34 PM

What does everyone think about not letting rehires to happen for x amount of minutes?

I'm getting more people renting my rigs for 1 hour and instantly rehiring it for additional hours at a lower rate. I like the discount incentive to rehire, but not when it's used just to lower my rates...

That needs to go in the development queue.  Rehires should only be valid for the original rental term?

I was thinking of rehires are not enabled until a percentage of time into the hire, or not available until 1 hour into it. BUT, I think I like your idea better, or maybe a combo of both?

Maybe instead of the providers being able to allow a rig rehire x amount of hours before it ends, it should be x % amount of time left?

That way I could set it for 50% allowing a rehire of a 12 hour lease available after 6 hours. 25% would allow rehire after 3 hours of a 12 hour lease,...

Rent my rigs at LeaseRig.net - ProxIT01 : ProxIT02
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

What does everyone think about not letting rehires to happen for x amount of minutes?

I'm getting more people renting my rigs for 1 hour and instantly rehiring it for additional hours at a lower rate. I like the discount incentive to rehire, but not when it's used just to lower my rates...

That needs to go in the development queue.  Rehires should only be valid for the original rental term?

I was thinking of rehires are not enabled until a percentage of time into the hire, or not available until 1 hour into it. BUT, I think I like your idea better, or maybe a combo of both?

Maybe instead of the providers being able to allow a rig rehire x amount of hours before it ends, it should be x % amount of time left?

That way I could set it for 50% allowing a rehire of a 12 hour lease available after 6 hours. 25% would allow rehire after 3 hours of a 12 hour lease,...

As I said : Tick option under each renting plan.. Allow rehire. No need to make it more complicated than that.
WireIT

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:53:04 PM

Doesn't get more simple then that I guess. And basically would do almost the same thing as the tick idea? If I'm gonna allow only an 8 hour rehire for an original 8 hour rent, then why not allow a 1 hour for a 1 hour....

Or I'm just over-thinking and should just be happy my rig is rented   Grin

gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:49:31 PM

For example, my rigs operate at 7.23 almost constantly. I've however put the rated speed at 7.2 to make sure it's nearly always reported at running okay. BUT, occasionally a pool goes down and it drops the rate down a bit, even though the rig is working fine. Right now the site is telling me my rig is underperforming because it's reported at 7.18 not 7.2!! Seems a bit harsh to me! Especially as you get that damn annoying pop-up saying "are you really sure you want to hire an underperforming rig?". It's only 0.02 off it's speed FFS!

+1

I've had to de-rate my rigs by ~4% so they don't show up as under performing.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 08:22:31 PM

As I said : Tick option under each renting plan.. Allow rehire. No need to make it more complicated than that.

That is the most complex suggestion for rehires.

The only allow rehires for the original term idea is not extremely difficult.

The tick option per renting plan looks like a large code change.   

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 08:23:21 PM

Changing the header color.  When you are in the admin panel the header will be a red tint vs blue to distinguish between customer mode and provider mode.   

flippo

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:09:58 PM

I don't see any change in header.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

I can't see any difference either.
SlipperySlope

Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:26:27 PM

Hey.

Maybe, we are getting advance notification of a web site change.
xrobau

Activity: 99

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:28:10 PM

So.. What does this mean?

I mean there's a big button over the right saying I must understand something that isn't explained before I click it, so I haven't clicked it.

Is this something else that isn't explained, too?

(You know, you -do- have our email addresses. You can email us with a 'hey, this changed, do this if you want to do that'.)

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:12:43 AM

Hey.

That guy said advanced notice Cheesy

All this makes me seriously concerned about the lack of QA and proper release schedule. It would benefit everyone if new features would be announced and put out for public feedback in advance. Frontend/GUI changes that don't affect mining could be open for public testing before releasing to production. I understand that ultimately this is not a democracy but some transparency can go a long way towards everyone's satisfaction and profits.

Advanced notice makes people want to try the pretty new things that don't exist yet Sad

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:20:39 AM

So.. What does this mean?

I mean there's a big button over the right saying I must understand something that isn't explained before I click it, so I haven't clicked it.

Is this something else that isn't explained, too?

(You know, you -do- have our email addresses. You can email us with a 'hey, this changed, do this if you want to do that'.)

Having someones email address is not the entire concern.

If you are looking for a completely new system to be setup with a mailing list we could raise our fees to pay for the service?

If not: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000043894

We aren't updating the announcements section much now as it seems to go unread...

WireIT

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

I like the "Mass modify all renting plans prices of all rigs by factor..." except I have both scrypt and SHA. Can we have a drop-down to select which type of rigs we're modifying?

It would be nice to change all my scrypt rig pricing, but leave the SHA alone.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:15:05 PM

Hey.

Dev shows it Cheesy

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:16:42 PM

I like the "Mass modify all renting plans prices of all rigs by factor..." except I have both scrypt and SHA. Can we have a drop-down to select which type of rigs we're modifying?

It would be nice to change all my scrypt rig pricing, but leave the SHA alone.

Lol...

You mean something like this?  A drop-down to select the type of rigs to act on?   Bulk extend and Maintenance Mode will *If they exist in a release* apply to all rigs and not by type.

xrobau

Activity: 99

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

If you are looking for a completely new system to be setup with a mailing list we could raise our fees to pay for the service?

We aren't updating the announcements section much now as it seems to go unread...

Well. Actually YES, it is the entire concern. You're making changes, and you're writing them down, but you're not doing the important and critical thing of actually TELLING people the things that you've written down.

So, each time you make an announcement (which, yes, goes unread because no-one knows they exist), send an email to all the providers with a 'hey, new announcement, /link/'. Or, even easier, just email everyone the announcement.

Then we'll know what's going on, rather than having to trawl through bct and rummage through that support desk site.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

Well. Actually YES, it is the entire concern. You're making changes, and you're writing them down, but you're not doing the important and critical thing of actually TELLING people the things that you've written down.

So, each time you make an announcement (which, yes, goes unread because no-one knows they exist), send an email to all the providers with a 'hey, new announcement, /link/'. Or, even easier, just email everyone the announcement.

Then we'll know what's going on, rather than having to trawl through bct and rummage through that support desk site.

Well. Actually YES, it is the entire concern.

qstal11

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:01:43 AM

Have PM'd twice about having my deposit refunded.  Please check your email and review my email. I am not ignoring you asking me to check the helpdesk!
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:42:32 AM

Have PM'd twice about having my deposit refunded.  Please check your email and review my email. I am not ignoring you asking me to check the helpdesk!

PMing me is quite useless.

I can't refund a deposit.

It requires a ticket at the helpdesk.

rorbit

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:02:41 AM

I'm coming back to LeaseRig after a break but I can't get it running this time.

Rigtest.jsp passes for "summary" and "addpool" but fails at the "pools" command.

I can see in sgminer that the pool has been added but the configuration file /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf has not been modified.

This is the file I specify as the --config parameter.

Any ideas?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: