Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:29:37 PM

thats a good point fuse

Think about start with the project "More dutch people in to guldencoin" the first thing we must to do is "brainstorm"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
NLG
January 12, 2015, 08:01:40 PM

on 1 point i don't get it

why are some coins so popular and Guldencoin not ?

Popularity is very subjective to a multitude of factors, often hype and opinion. Longevity, stability, and proportional tracking with whatever primary exchange system is being used, is a better indicator for true 'popularity'. NLG reflects these better than many coins. Others have some great points as well.

What coins are more popular in your opinion?

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:05:55 PM

Popularity is very subjective to a multitude of factors, often hype and opinion. Longevity, stability, and proportional tracking with whatever primary exchange system is being used, is a better indicator for true 'popularity'. NLG reflects these better than many coins. Others have some great points as well.

dogecoin, paycoin, litcoin and more
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:11:32 PM

I would say that they're more popular globally, there's more awareness. However, I would say NLG has a greater depth and potential depth, of marketable/tangible use, right now, particularly for the NL crowd.

There are places in NL where I can walk in and buy food with NLG, but I can't with the other coins. So, NLG is attractive from that standpoint. Make it easier to use in every-day situations via mobile devices and make it easier for merchants to use, and you'll see widespread adoption and growth.

That's basically what happened to Bitcoin.

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:12:53 PM

I would say that they're more popular globally, there's more awareness. However, I would say NLG has a greater depth and potential depth, of marketable/tangible use, right now, particularly for the NL crowd.

There are places in NL where I can walk in and buy food with NLG, but I can't with the other coins. So, NLG is attractive from that standpoint. Make it easier to use in every-day situations via mobile devices and make it easier for merchants to use, and you'll see widespread adoption and growth.

That's basically what happened to Bitcoin.

People don't see that!! that's the good thing of guldencoin

it is just $$$
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:23:15 PM

With the active communiry Guldencoin has, could this community be the one that designs THE killer app, which makes it easy and most of all safe to use cryptocurrency. I think in that aspect much can be learned by looking at banking apps. But in order to make it THAT easy, semi anonimity true addresses isn't possible, because for main stream non tech interested adoption, in my view,  adresses need to be registered to names, for those wanting easy to use, in stead of the crypto anonomity we are custom to.

The real challenge is in developing a system capable of evenly distibuting a fair amount of guldencoins, registering in a safe system and rewarding that, so people can add eachother to social media and really get the ball rolling. That way people can pay eachother, companies can register etc. I think something like that is needed to get non interested people in Smiley free money is free money at first Wink

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:38:55 PM

Dogecoin started as a joke and to everyone's surprise it just took off.  I really don't think people could have predicted it.  My team mined it because it "for shits and giggles".  DOGE was more of a "lets prove this joke coin can get a Nascar Sponsor", or "people thought this was a joke, so how can we spend enough money to prove them wrong" coin than anything else.  The popularity of DOGE lies in the fact that DOGE shouldn't be popular.

IMO, Paycoin is a huge scam.  "We developed these new miners that make you money all the time"... aka a single desktop in a closet somewhere that stakes coins via POS and the company keeps a ledger to pay people out from.  How innovative.  There's a reason no one has seen the equipment, either hashlets or the hashstaker... they don't exist.  I'm still waiting for the Ponzi scheme news on this one.  If the popularity increases, they can keep selling their "gear" and keep the payouts flowing.  If people lose interest, give it 3-4 months before you start seeing missing returns on investment.  But GAW brought mining to the mining-illiterate... as proven by CM's ungodly pool of hashrate.  When they started converting hashlets to hashstakers... it was an easy win for the coin itself.  Paycoin isn't a popular coin because it's popular... it's popular because GAW controls mining.

Litecoin is the "second" innovation in crypto.  I'll tell you though that two years ago, people called it a shitcoin that would never go anywhere.  The BTC elitists thumbed their noses at it like the CM dopes thumb their nose at NLG.  Give it time... we'll have the recognition that LTC has one day.  It just takes time.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:57:21 PM

does not really matter fuse, we are doing well or people want to see it or not
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:05:48 PM

Meanwhile, price does not seem to hit 400 anymore. There is buzz.

julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:15:20 PM

With the active communiry Guldencoin has, could this community be the one that designs THE killer app, which makes it easy and most of all safe to use cryptocurrency. I think in that aspect much can be learned by looking at banking apps. But in order to make it THAT easy, semi anonimity true addresses isn't possible, because for main stream non tech interested adoption, in my view,  adresses need to be registered to names, for those wanting easy to use, in stead of the crypto anonomity we are custom to.

The real challenge is in developing a system capable of evenly distibuting a fair amount of guldencoins, registering in a safe system and rewarding that, so people can add eachother to social media and really get the ball rolling. That way people can pay eachother, companies can register etc. I think something like that is needed to get non interested people in Smiley free money is free money at first Wink

I agree.

A killer app for me would be something that makes transferring NLG between mobile devices REALLY easy, easier then scanning a QR-code. Something with NFC?

I think the betting game for the Euopean Championship was really good. The idea behind it could maybe be turned into an app; an app that facilitates these kind of betting games. People can design their own bet, the participants buy NLG at the start of the game and play, at the end the winners can change back to fiat (if they want).

Other ideas for apps must use the ease, speed and ultralow cost of transactions. How about (just brainstorming here) to elaborate on the idea of Furio: a 'fair Ponzi'? Get paid in NLG if you get someone else interested in NLG and so on. Could be run on Facebook.

=P
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Dogecoin started as a joke and to everyone's surprise it just took off.  I really don't think people could have predicted it.  My team mined it because it "for shits and giggles".  DOGE was more of a "lets prove this joke coin can get a Nascar Sponsor", or "people thought this was a joke, so how can we spend enough money to prove them wrong" coin than anything else.  The popularity of DOGE lies in the fact that DOGE shouldn't be popular.

IMO, Paycoin is a huge scam.  "We developed these new miners that make you money all the time"... aka a single desktop in a closet somewhere that stakes coins via POS and the company keeps a ledger to pay people out from.  How innovative.  There's a reason no one has seen the equipment, either hashlets or the hashstaker... they don't exist.  I'm still waiting for the Ponzi scheme news on this one.  If the popularity increases, they can keep selling their "gear" and keep the payouts flowing.  If people lose interest, give it 3-4 months before you start seeing missing returns on investment.  But GAW brought mining to the mining-illiterate... as proven by CM's ungodly pool of hashrate.  When they started converting hashlets to hashstakers... it was an easy win for the coin itself.  Paycoin isn't a popular coin because it's popular... it's popular because GAW controls mining.

Litecoin is the "second" innovation in crypto.  I'll tell you though that two years ago, people called it a shitcoin that would never go anywhere.  The BTC elitists thumbed their noses at it like the CM dopes thumb their nose at NLG.  Give it time... we'll have the recognition that LTC has one day.  It just takes time.

-Fuse

Gaw bought up as much mining equipment as possible and is selling shares of those miners as cloud mining Hashlets. You are 100% right when you say "Hashlets don't exist". Gaw even bought up Titans off the market to secure their hold on scrypt mining.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:29:44 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922926.new#new
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:22:09 AM

We basically need to get into a position where international users can come visit the Netherlands and be able use Guldencoin in many places, ideally and the end goal is to be able to use guldencoin to live off as a citizen and or visitor. We also need to make sure Guldencoin can be used internationally for Dutch citizens travelling abroad. So really Guldencoin will be international but with Dutch focus.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Furio
Legendary

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:38:39 AM

With the active communiry Guldencoin has, could this community be the one that designs THE killer app, which makes it easy and most of all safe to use cryptocurrency. I think in that aspect much can be learned by looking at banking apps. But in order to make it THAT easy, semi anonimity true addresses isn't possible, because for main stream non tech interested adoption, in my view,  adresses need to be registered to names, for those wanting easy to use, in stead of the crypto anonomity we are custom to.

I agree.

A killer app for me would be something that makes transferring NLG between mobile devices REALLY easy, easier then scanning a QR-code. Something with NFC?

I think the betting game for the Euopean Championship was really good. The idea behind it could maybe be turned into an app; an app that facilitates these kind of betting games. People can design their own bet, the participants buy NLG at the start of the game and play, at the end the winners can change back to fiat (if they want).

Other ideas for apps must use the ease, speed and ultralow cost of transactions. How about (just brainstorming here) to elaborate on the idea of Furio: a 'fair Ponzi'? Get paid in NLG if you get someone else interested in NLG and so on. Could be run on Facebook.

Your last sentence uis exactly what I mean, added bonusses of REAL value, to get people interested in crypto. You have to create desire, and because 0's and 1's arent sexy, we need money to draw them in Smiley

Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:28:27 AM

At these Bitcoin prices I think Clevermining is mining at a loss? If so, why they don't change to other alts?
Keeps me wondering atm

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Behlul

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:03:07 AM

When promoting, the main problem often is people have a hard time giving an explanation as to why others should buy crypto money.

Basically, when people try to explain it goes like this: "uhm.. well, more users/merchants = more value, so we'll make money!"  Smiley

People outside crypto basically only hear: "become part of our great ponzi and become rich!" and they think, I won't buy into that shit.

Crypto members often feel offended but in a way those outsiders are right.

Lets ask ourselves: why would the average Joe really want to buy into Guldencoin? Lets summarize:

Buying goods. Ok.. but why would people prefer to buy with Bitcoin/Guldencoin instead of fiat? Lets face the facts. Bitcoin went down like 50% last year. Why would people sell their euros for something like that? Their purchasing power would decrease, right?

What would be the intrinsic value of Gulden[Suspicious link removed]d question. One could argue the cryptograpic network, when alright distributed, has some value. So we have our first point: a network can be assigned value if it is distributed well and is therefore hard to attack. Like when we could say: "we are saver than Mastercard!", that would be someting  Smiley

I would like to hear 24kilo's opinion on this, how far we really are on that security aspect and how to improve. BioMike's mining idea might also help in this regards.

Another point we might be able to leverage; the ease of use. For users like us, it's fairly easy to spend our coins, with the mobile wallet for example. But here we also got our first problem: immediate use is impossible due to the requirement first having to download (part) of the blockchain. We might need a more 'light' solution for that. Ok, now assume this problem would be solved and people would only need to start the wallet to spend coins. Would it be easier than iPay, Mastercard, PIN etc.? Can we leverage on this?

What I would like is an option to buy coins in the mobile wallet using Apple/Google credit. This would be perfect. If this option would be impossible in such a wallet, we might consider a web wallet..? I know, we probably won't be able to realize this right now, I'm just trying to summarize what we have and/or might need to convince new users.

I could continue with this analysis but I think there's one thing that's really important to understand. For any (ad-)campaign we do, we should try to come up with a real life example where Guldencoin is really better than fiat/gift card or anything else. Like for example, in the weekends, banks are closed, can we leverage this? Or the fact it's more anonymous than fiat, easier in use than Paysafecard? Or the fact you wouldn't need to take your "fiat" wallet with you to college/work because you only want to buy some food at Subway during your break? The fact you can send 'value' back to someone, without delay, when you're out with friends and someone has paid all the drinks?

I think we need a campaign that makes people aware special things can be accomplished with Guldencoin/crypto that weren't possible before, and that "crypto" actually might be "the next big thing!" Wink

Last thing, to the members who feel lost sometimes when debating Guldencoin with outside people, I might have some recommendations: when in a conversation and you don't have the right answer ready, don't feel attacked. When you do, you risk the possibility people think you're persuading them for personal gains. Never say: "never mind, wait till next year" or "you just don't understand". People will, I don't exactly know why, link this to what they know about "scammers". Like: "see; you're trying to sell me bullshit!". Try to find a good answer, and if you can't find it, tell them you will get back to them and compliment them with their "very smart/intelligent question". It can be easy as that Smiley

Icebear

this is what I am talking about, when I said the website doesn't attract new people. Like Icebear said why should the average Joe really want to buy Guldencoin?..  Like the reason for me to get into Gulden coin is..first and foremost...I know it's the future. Everything has changed in the 20st century and we are now in 21st century, so there will be more changes. This is one of the things I think will make big.  Second it isn't centralized...you can now say there are also other alt coins who offer the same options..and the reason for a country coin as Gulden coin to make big is (The community ROCKS!!!)...The Netherlands isn't that big of a country. It should be easy to make everyone know about Gulden coin and make it succesful.

btw usually when you see enthusiastic people others get enthusiastic aswell. Maybe the website should put videos or comments of people who uses Gulden coin? why they use it? Why they want people to use it? etc. the average Joe might get enthusiastic and show interest xD
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 01:18:56 PM

Vote for NLG on crytpsy,

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:14:07 PM

Vote for NLG on crytpsy,

Please don't.  We've gone over why this is not a good idea at the moment.

Maybe when the DIGI code is live, and we've evaluated it's effectiveness, but not right now, please.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

Vote for NLG on crytpsy,

Please don't.  We've gone over why this is not a good idea at the moment.

Maybe when the DIGI code is live, and we've evaluated it's effectiveness, but not right now, please.

-Fuse

Well you gonna need allot of votes to get on top.
Getting higher in the voting list will get a little more attention. After the hardfork you can start a "voting campaign".
Get votes or others will and then it will be harder to get on top.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:54:30 PM

I  ask, why push for a big exchange such as Cryptsy? Get more infrastructure and low-level person-to-person, person-to-market use in place first. Cryptsy access, right now, would just encourage pools to mine and burn.

Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: