Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 10:31:14 PM

I remember someone told us he (or maybe she) would buy everything in the orderbook up to 900 Sat when the iOS wallet would be available in the App store. I just can't remember who told this though... Next month I celebrate my 40th birthday, so maybe my brain just start fucked up a bit.. old man yeah!

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
strataghyst

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:35:18 PM

Super news!  Grin I am so proud to be part of this community! Things get done. Big thanks to the people who invested in the IPO making it all happen and big hooray tho the Apple dev. Cool
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:41:48 PM

And now we have a new mix to celebrate with from Dj Sebass – Til' the sun comes up II

https://soundcloud.com/guldencoin/mix-by-sebass-til-the-sun-comes-up-ii

richardvd

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:38:33 PM

Super news!  Grin I am so proud to be part of this community! Things get done. Big thanks to the people who invested in the IPO making it all happen and big hooray tho the Apple dev. Cool
I'm proud to have my name in the about details  Grin
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:32:03 AM

Just downloaded the iphome wallet. Tried to send NLG to wallet from bittrex. Get bittrex message ; invalid address. ( did copy/paste)
Any help?
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:02:53 AM

Just downloaded the iphome wallet. Tried to send NLG to wallet from bittrex. Get bittrex message ; invalid address. ( did copy/paste)
Any help?

I don't have iPhone, so can't help. Maybe a space in front when you did copy/paste? Try to send to your iPhone wallet 1 NLG from your computer wallet as test. If that works fine, then the copy/paste was not correct into bittrex withdrawal, I suppose?
thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:44:58 AM

Any help?

If you copy/paste you sometimes copy spaces or other invisible characters along with the text. Put the cursor just before the last character at the end of the address and press del key a few times, then retype the last character. Also do check if there is no space in the front.
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:00:34 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 07:16:32 AM by ontopicplease

Any help?

I don't have iPhone, so can't help. Maybe a space in front when you did copy/paste? Try to send to your iPhone wallet 1 NLG from your computer wallet as test. If that works fine, then the copy/paste was not correct into bittrex withdrawal, I suppose?

I treid already 2 times, typed out myself and did a correct copy/paste.
Now, I tried from my wallet to the iPhone and the coins arrived. so, the problem is with bittrex. Maybe some technical guy understands the problem and contacts bittrex.
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:45:33 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 07:39:14 AM by ontopicplease

When promoting, the main problem often is people have a hard time giving an explanation as to why others should buy crypto money.

Basically, when people try to explain it goes like this: "uhm.. well, more users/merchants = more value, so we'll make money!"  Smiley

People outside crypto basically only hear: "become part of our great ponzi and become rich!" and they think, I won't buy into that shit.

Crypto members often feel offended but in a way those outsiders are right.

Lets ask ourselves: why would the average Joe really want to buy into Guldencoin? Lets summarize:

Buying goods. Ok.. but why would people prefer to buy with Bitcoin/Guldencoin instead of fiat? Lets face the facts. Bitcoin went down like 50% last year. Why would people sell their euros for something like that? Their purchasing power would decrease, right?

What would be the intrinsic value of Guldencoin? Good question. One could argue the cryptograpic network, when alright distributed, has some value. So we have our first point: a network can be assigned value if it is distributed well and is therefore hard to attack. Like when we could say: "we are saver than Mastercard!", that would be someting  Smiley

I would like to hear 24kilo's opinion on this, how far we really are on that security aspect and how to improve. BioMike's mining idea might also help in this regards.

Another point we might be able to leverage; the ease of use. For users like us, it's fairly easy to spend our coins, with the mobile wallet for example. But here we also got our first problem: immediate use is impossible due to the requirement first having to download (part) of the blockchain. We might need a more 'light' solution for that. Ok, now assume this problem would be solved and people would only need to start the wallet to spend coins. Would it be easier than iPay, Mastercard, PIN etc.? Can we leverage on this?

What I would like is an option to buy coins in the mobile wallet using Apple/Google credit. This would be perfect. If this option would be impossible in such a wallet, we might consider a web wallet..? I know, we probably won't be able to realize this right now, I'm just trying to summarize what we have and/or might need to convince new users.

I could continue with this analysis but I think there's one thing that's really important to understand. For any (ad-)campaign we do, we should try to come up with a real life example where Guldencoin is really better than fiat/gift card or anything else. Like for example, in the weekends, banks are closed, can we leverage this? Or the fact it's more anonymous than fiat, easier in use than Paysafecard? Or the fact you wouldn't need to take your "fiat" wallet with you to college/work because you only want to buy some food at Subway during your break? The fact you can send 'value' back to someone, without delay, when you're out with friends and someone has paid all the drinks?

I think we need a campaign that makes people aware special things can be accomplished with Guldencoin/crypto that weren't possible before, and that "crypto" actually might be "the next big thing!" Wink

Last thing, to the members who feel lost sometimes when debating Guldencoin with outside people, I might have some recommendations: when in a conversation and you don't have the right answer ready, don't feel attacked. When you do, you risk the possibility people think you're persuading them for personal gains. Never say: "never mind, wait till next year" or "you just don't understand". People will, I don't exactly know why, link this to what they know about "scammers". Like: "see; you're trying to sell me bullshit!". Try to find a good answer, and if you can't find it, tell them you will get back to them and compliment them with their "very smart/intelligent question". It can be easy as that Smiley

Icebear

Really like your post. I am quoting it because, I see this post as a basic from where we should start a discussion; how to get NLG special, so people really have an advantage to buy NLG and use them.
The BTC Merchants and users are growing, but as I see it; NLG has some advantages over BTC and BTC isn't doing any special either. When I look at other coins, at the moment, not one is succeeding really. RDD tries with their tipping ideas and platforms. Stellar tries to  get it done in poor countries, XRP wants the banks....etc. I think you not a pretty big team to get things done. you need a team to convince more and more Merchants to accept NLG and you need the right idea, where people see the need to buy NLG. Best thing would be to develop something new, that people are really excited about and willing to buy, but you can only buy using NLG.
I like "kwartje van Kok". But we have to make contact with oil selling companies, making it possible we can advertise at their gasstations etc. This whole issue, getting people interested, keeps me busy, but I can't find the right answer.

Since the decline of the russian Rubble, the demand in Russia for BTC is growing rapidly. http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/localbtcRUB#igWeeklyzm1g10zm2g25zvzcv
Maybe we can use the decline of the EUR/USD of 10% lately, as part of a campaign.

In my opinion, it's more important to get more Merchants first. We have to find more idealistic oriented Merchants that are willing to support NLG first. We could start in some kind of city/village getting as much merachants as possible and then contacting all people living in that village and explaining them how they can use NLG. We help them to install a wallet on their Phone, send them some NLG right away, and also give them some information papers.
Like I said, more merchanst first, because the people must be able to spend them. I live in Groningen, but cannot use NLG for my daily shoppings. When we can get like 25% or 50% of all Merchants in a village be willing to accept NLG, then this is a good starting point. At least I would pay all my daily shoppings with NLG and at the same time I would try to educate other people in the village. Also from a promotional point of view, I like the village idea. Wouldn't we love to see an article in "de telegraaf" or "AD" about a whole dutch city accepting NLG.

I was looking for something like googlemaps ( or another kind of map) where I could see all NLG acceptors in a particular city.
thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 09:20:58 AM

Any help?

Now, I tried from my wallet to the iPhone and the coins arrived. so, the problem is with bittrex. Maybe some technical guy understands the problem and contacts bittrex.

Copy/Paste and and send me your Iphone address in a PM
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 09:27:30 AM

Any help?

Copy/Paste and and send me your Iphone address in a PM

send
xtrix

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 10:22:22 AM

iOS approval!!! This is great news for us all. Good work to all those involved in this project.

Grin Super!!  Grin

Only one question. I have the test version of this app already installed, what is the best way to go on without losing my existing gulden wallet or having 2 gulden apps on my phone???
Empty it first to be 100% safe, send the coins to your pc wallet. Then delete it and install the app from the App Store and an important next step is ofcourse: give a 5 star rating...
i had 25 nlg on my test wallet, downloaded via the appstore and it replaced my test wallet.
After downloading still had my 25 nlg in the wallet, so yeah just download and you're good to go  Smiley
Thanx!!  Grin

Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:49:12 PM

In my opinion, it's more important to get more Merchants first. We have to find more idealistic oriented Merchants that are willing to support NLG first. We could start in some kind of city/village getting as much merachants as possible and then contacting all people living in that village and explaining them how they can use NLG. We help them to install a wallet on their Phone, send them some NLG right away, and also give them some information papers.
Like I said, more merchanst first, because the people must be able to spend them. I live in Groningen, but cannot use NLG for my daily shoppings. When we can get like 25% or 50% of all Merchants in a village be willing to accept NLG, then this is a good starting point. At least I would pay all my daily shoppings with NLG and at the same time I would try to educate other people in the village. Also from a promotional point of view, I like the village idea. Wouldn't we love to see an article in "de telegraaf" or "AD" about a whole dutch city accepting NLG.

The awesome part of this piece you wrote is that you've given yourself an answer to change the fact that you can't spend your NLG in Groningen yet. Meaning. Go to the shop you shop at daily or weekly and ask them about Guldencoin. I'm sure 'deaurin' on the Guldencoin Forum (PM him) who lives in Groningen (city mind you) would have a chat with you about it. I normally live there too, but I've been out of the country for about 2 years now. So when I'm back there I'll surely get to work. In the meantime, it's up to you and the others that live in the cities to approach merchants with some information about NLG and get them to accept it Wink.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 01:54:01 PM

The awesome part of this piece you wrote is that you've given yourself an answer to change the fact that you can't spend your NLG in Groningen yet. Meaning. Go to the shop you shop at daily or weekly and ask them about Guldencoin. I'm sure 'deaurin' on the Guldencoin Forum (PM him) who lives in Groningen (city mind you) would have a chat with you about it. I normally live there too, but I've been out of the country for about 2 years now. So when I'm back there I'll surely get to work. In the meantime, it's up to you and the others that live in the cities to approach merchants with some information about NLG and get them to accept it Wink.

I personally disagree on your opinion that we need to find more merchants first. Let me explain by example:

If three guys, one with a hotdog-stand, one with a beer-stand and one with merchandize, would go to a large open field somewhere near Groningen and start selling their stuff, it is highly unlikely that a large crowd will gather around them to buy their stuff. If, on the other hand, you attract a large crowd to that open field first, you almost certainly will see those guys rushing over there to sell their stuff, regardless of why that crowd is there in the first place...

So, in my opinion, get a large group of people to start using NLG and let them collectively start asking merchants if they are willing to accept, the larger the user base becomes, the more merchants will get motivated to accept...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:12:07 PM

I personally disagree on your opinion that we need to find more merchants first. Let me explain by example:

If three guys, one with a hotdog-stand, one with a beer-stand and one with merchandize, would go to a large open field somewhere near Groningen and start selling their stuff, it is highly unlikely that a large crowd will gather around them to buy their stuff. If, on the other hand, you attract a large crowd to that open field first, you almost certainly will see those guys rushing over there to sell their stuff, regardless of why that crowd is there in the first place...

So, in my opinion, get a large group of people to start using NLG and let them collectively start asking merchants if they are willing to accept, the larger the user base becomes, the more merchants will get motivated to accept...

You could be easily right. Like I also said, I am thinking a lot about it, but not finding a real solution. In case you are right, it's important all NLG users should know exactly what a merchant has to do, to be ready to accept NLG ( technically, I men). So, that we can make it more simple for them to make this step.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 02:18:08 PM

You could be easily right. Like I also said, I am thinking a lot about it, but not finding a real solution. In case you are right, it's important all NLG users should know exactly what a merchant has to do, to be ready to accept NLG ( technically, I men). So, that we can make it more simple for them to make this step.

That's relatively easy mate! I actually got that tackled with my business cards:
http://shop.guldencoin.marketing/product/nlg-business-card-for-merchants-50pcs/

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
ontopicplease

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:28:18 PM

That's relatively easy mate! I actually got that tackled with my business cards:
http://shop.guldencoin.marketing/product/nlg-business-card-for-merchants-50pcs/

Okay, I see, very good explanation. I have the same cards, will give a couple away soon.
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:09:14 PM

Chicken and the egg though.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:05:00 PM

Countdown: https://digi.guldencoin.com
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:05:49 PM

Is the Guldencoin forum having issues?
Pages: « 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: