Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:04:08 AM

Clever below 40% now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 10:13:25 AM

Clever below 40% now.

Added some hashes @ Criptoe also.
Wonder when they will stop, there is not much profit for CM at these rates?

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:32:03 AM

Clever below 40% now.

I think it's because we offering a smaller loss then other coins and also they getting the "easier blocks" from us until Digishield is implemented.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
ArieNLG

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:17:58 PM

Hello everyone!
There can never be enough exposure about cryptocurrency in general and about the Guldencoin, so here is some more exciting news!
My father and i are working on a sequence of 5 episodes for Frontier magazine, where the first part that is now released and kan be bought here(http://frontierworld.nl/webshops/?product=frontier-classic-21-1-januari-februari-2015) is more like an introduction to cryptocurrency, although the Guldencoin is definately mentioned a few times in this first part, in the later parts there will be much more about it. This first parts is mainly to warm people up for crypto in a neutral way. Frontier magazine has 3k subscribers in the Netherlands and abroad to their paperback magazine.

-Meije

Thanks Meije for the time and energy you put in to this Cool
c_e_d

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:16:56 PM

Clever below 40% now.

First they need is their mining to stay above LTC profitability.
After that comes % above LTC compared to other pools, so the miners will stay.
As long as the pool has enough hashrate, they are fine because they get their fee from the total BTC the hashrate is producing.

Profitable mining at all? That's the question for their miners, not for the pool.
Jero

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:23:24 PM

Clever below 40% now.

As long as the pool has enough hashrate, they are fine because they get their fee from the total BTC the hashrate is producing.

Profitable mining at all? That's the question for their miners, not for the pool.

Clear... But CM is a multipool who switches between the most profitable coins in the best interest of their customers, the miners.
So, I wonder, is Guldencoin one of the most profitable coins atm? If so, everything is logical, if not, why they keep mining Guldencoin instead of another more profitable one?

And how far the diff/hashrate/price has to change for make them stop? I think they never will, but why??? Is there someone operating the pool and did he/she fall asleep...  Grin

thsminer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:35:36 PM

Clever below 40% now.

Clear... But CM is a multipool who switches between the most profitable coins in the best interest of their customers, the miners.
So, I wonder, is Guldencoin one of the most profitable coins atm? If so, everything is logical, if not, why they keep mining Guldencoin instead of another more profitable one?

And how far the diff/hashrate/price has to change for make them stop? I think they never will, but why??? Is there someone operating the pool and did he/she fall asleep...  Grin

The profitability calculation for CM is not straight the most profitable coin. In the case of NLG CM hits a number of blocks in a row and then continues to hit another coin. So even if NLG is less profitable then others, NLG is hit because CM can mine more blocks in a row and thus makes more profit. Second problem CM has to cope with is the fact  the coins must be traded in short timespan. Some other more profitable coins have a very low trading volumes so they are not really interesting to mass mine and dump.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:38:55 PM

Terk is AWOL in his thread.  I've posted these questions over and over for the last 3-4 pages of the CM thread, and he hasn't responded.  He won't even respond to his own miners questions about whether or not they are missing payments, and why.

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that CM is on autopilot.  In fact, short of a DDOS, I would guess that you wouldn't hear anything from CM for the foreseeable future.  So this poses a conundrum.  If Terk is AWOL and CM is mining on autopilot, Terk will be mining on the old wallet come January 31st.  So when the network forks to the new difficulty algo, Terk will be left on his own chain with a considerable amount of hashrate.  He will essentially mine himself off the chain.  The difficulty will spike instantly with the old algo, and without someone there to reactivate his profitability by solving the hard blocks, he won't mine NLG again until he updates the wallet.  The question is this... will he turn up from his absence and update the wallet?

If he does, then he's followed this thread, his thread, and whatever other info on NLG, and he's just been ignoring the NLG community like an asshat.  If he doesn't, and he doesn't for a long time, he's obviously not monitoring his pool or even the coins he mines, and that's a pretty solid case for him being a crooked pool op.  But I'm sure we all know that's the case already.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Jero

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 09:25:50 PM

The profitability calculation for CM is not straight the most profitable coin. In the case of NLG CM hits a number of blocks in a row and then continues to hit another coin. So even if NLG is less profitable then others, NLG is hit because CM can mine more blocks in a row and thus makes more profit. Second problem CM has to cope with is the fact  the coins must be traded in short timespan. Some other more profitable coins have a very low trading volumes so they are not really interesting to mass mine and dump.

Tnx for this way of thinking, trading volume...

Terk is AWOL in his thread.  I've posted these questions over and over for the last 3-4 pages of the CM thread, and he hasn't responded.  He won't even respond to his own miners questions about whether or not they are missing payments, and why.

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that CM is on autopilot.  In fact, short of a DDOS, I would guess that you wouldn't hear anything from CM for the foreseeable future.  So this poses a conundrum.  If Terk is AWOL and CM is mining on autopilot, Terk will be mining on the old wallet come January 31st.  So when the network forks to the new difficulty algo, Terk will be left on his own chain with a considerable amount of hashrate.  He will essentially mine himself off the chain.  The difficulty will spike instantly with the old algo, and without someone there to reactivate his profitability by solving the hard blocks, he won't mine NLG again until he updates the wallet.  The question is this... will he turn up from his absence and update the wallet?

If he does, then he's followed this thread, his thread, and whatever other info on NLG, and he's just been ignoring the NLG community like an asshat.  If he doesn't, and he doesn't for a long time, he's obviously not monitoring his pool or even the coins he mines, and that's a pretty solid case for him being a crooked pool op.  But I'm sure we all know that's the case already.

-Fuse

Look what happens after the 31st. I think your right on the autopilot...  Cheesy

Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:42:27 PM

Terk is AWOL in his thread.  I've posted these questions over and over for the last 3-4 pages of the CM thread, and he hasn't responded.  He won't even respond to his own miners questions about whether or not they are missing payments, and why.

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that CM is on autopilot.  In fact, short of a DDOS, I would guess that you wouldn't hear anything from CM for the foreseeable future.  So this poses a conundrum.  If Terk is AWOL and CM is mining on autopilot, Terk will be mining on the old wallet come January 31st.  So when the network forks to the new difficulty algo, Terk will be left on his own chain with a considerable amount of hashrate.  He will essentially mine himself off the chain.  The difficulty will spike instantly with the old algo, and without someone there to reactivate his profitability by solving the hard blocks, he won't mine NLG again until he updates the wallet.  The question is this... will he turn up from his absence and update the wallet?

If he does, then he's followed this thread, his thread, and whatever other info on NLG, and he's just been ignoring the NLG community like an asshat.  If he doesn't, and he doesn't for a long time, he's obviously not monitoring his pool or even the coins he mines, and that's a pretty solid case for him being a crooked pool op.  But I'm sure we all know that's the case already.

-Fuse
I have been monitoring his status whether he is online or not, and he is definitely following something because he logs into his account frequently, so i'm guessing he is just ignoring 'everyone'.
Jero

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 09:49:57 PM

-Fuse
I have been monitoring his status whether he is online or not, and he is definitely following something because he logs into his account frequently, so i'm guessing he is just ignoring 'everyone'.

If so... ignoring his customers and serious crypto minded people only means one thing: only money matters and for the rest everthing can eat dust/shit. This kind of people/bussinesses should be banned for sure. But again, just waiting for the 31st. For Guldencoin only a stable network counts atm...  Smiley

Meije

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:27:18 PM

-Fuse

If so... ignoring his customers and serious crypto minded people only means one thing: only money matters and for the rest everthing can eat dust/shit. This kind of people/bussinesses should be banned for sure. But again, just waiting for the 31st. For Guldencoin only a stable network counts atm...  Smiley
Well, i will be extremely happy when all of this is finally over, at least then it will be full speed ahead.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:33:07 PM

I think you're right on the money with the only thing that matters to him.  Check this out:

Total stuck balance is currently approximately 23 BTC compared to 12145 BTC which were paid by the pool, so it's 0.19%. This will be different for some users depending on when they were mining, but most users should fall between 0.1% and 0.3% of their entire paid amount. Most of it are just orphans, so there are no valid block behind this and will be converted to zeros after I fix orphans detecting.

That was August 1st of this year.  Up until that point Terk reported 12145BTC being paid out.  Even if he took 1% of that, that's still 121.45BTC.  Add the cut he probably gets for being an official hashlet pool, and I'm sure Terk could care less what people think as long as he gets paid.  And the fact of the matter is that he doesn't have to keep records for accountability of mining.  He can just as easily say that what the pool made is what the pool made.  As long as the hashlet consumers(a lot of them mining ignorant) get paid, then he's in the clear.

IMO, Terk's only concern is Terk's wallet.  Because of that, the 31st can't come fast enough.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Jero

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 10:57:12 PM

If so... ignoring his customers and serious crypto minded people only means one thing: only money matters and for the rest everthing can eat dust/shit. This kind of people/bussinesses should be banned for sure. But again, just waiting for the 31st. For Guldencoin only a stable network counts atm...  Smiley

I think you're right on the money with the only thing that matters to him.  Check this out:

Total stuck balance is currently approximately 23 BTC compared to 12145 BTC which were paid by the pool, so it's 0.19%. This will be different for some users depending on when they were mining, but most users should fall between 0.1% and 0.3% of their entire paid amount. Most of it are just orphans, so there are no valid block behind this and will be converted to zeros after I fix orphans detecting.

That was August 1st of this year.  Up until that point Terk reported 12145BTC being paid out.  Even if he took 1% of that, that's still 121.45BTC.  Add the cut he probably gets for being an official hashlet pool, and I'm sure Terk could care less what people think as long as he gets paid.  And the fact of the matter is that he doesn't have to keep records for accountability of mining.  He can just as easily say that what the pool made is what the pool made.  As long as the hashlet consumers(a lot of them mining ignorant) get paid, then he's in the clear.

IMO, Terk's only concern is Terk's wallet.  Because of that, the 31st can't come fast enough.

-Fuse

If there was some proof/suggestion of fraud there was a case but it's completely legal as for as I can judge.
Only the service and payments are shit, but who cares? Obviously people mining there not Huh Also, there are many alternativs which are more profitable then mining at CM. So what needs people moving? Fill in that blank and we are in the clear I suppose...

Jero

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:12:23 PM

@Fuse

Can you take a look at block 185676, there is an enormous timediff between the next one... Is this ok? Think it's not mined by CM...

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:12:39 AM

@Fuse

Can you take a look at block 185676, there is an enormous timediff between the next one... Is this ok? Think it's not mined by CM...

The 4vrnY8 address isn't Criptoe.  Blocks 185675 and 185677 were mined by Criptoe, but they don't give us any insight into block 185676.  We need to figure out who 4vrnY8 is and see what their debug.log file shows.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
c_e_d

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:04:47 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 10:08:54 AM by c_e_d

@Fuse

Last night we had 5 blocks with 'funny' times during like 3 hours I checked.
Wonder what's going on.

And I think I saw what looked like short rows of only a few fast blocks during the last days.

Probably not related.

@Fuse: GNDA5MZW... = nlg.hardcoreminers.com (search this thread for it)

Blocks 185117, 185120, 185125, 185161, 185190, 185676, 185924 are all from them and giving negative timediff for the following block.
A little hint to get their pools clock back under control should be enough I think.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:27:24 AM

Last night we had 5 blocks with 'funny' times during like 3 hours I checked.
Wonder what's going on.

And I think I saw what looked like short rows of only a few fast blocks during the last days.

Probably not related.

@Fuse: GNDA5MZW... = nlg.hardcoreminers.com (search this thread for it)

Blocks 185117, 185120, 185125, 185161, 185190, 185676 are all from them and giving negative timediff for the following block.
A little hint to get their pools clock back under control should be enough I think.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Good eyes, mate!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:27:16 AM

All guldencoin services has been notified about the Digishield update. So things should transition over smoothly on that front.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Jero

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 03:48:10 PM

All guldencoin services has been notified about the Digishield update. So things should transition over smoothly on that front.

Great to hear.

A service like http://guldencointrader.nl/ showing diff/hash graphs etc etc is very usefull after the soft fork. They updated too?
Is there a list of all services? Should be nice to have one and add future services there also...

Pages: « 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: