Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:57:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 [560] 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:46:56 PM

Only 20 blocks to go.... http://www.guldencointrader.nl/

Put some buy orders just above 300 , strong dump signal from traders that made a small profit on the recent rally. After that the price will go much higher.

How much can I pay you to give me your price trends. You never wrong!

knowledge  Cool

I never thought I would see low 300s again, will be buying more coins.  Grin  What do you think the price will be next year for a long term holder like myself?

For new users to trading and investing just follow this graph, if the supply on bittrex remains above 45 million then lower 300s is a good buy in price. I wouldn't buy above 350 until that graph moves below 40 million (short term). Within the next year the price will be above 600 and whether you buy at 250 or 450 won't matter if you not a day trader.

http://nlgstats.nl/charts/total_NLG_at_bittrex.html

Hi.  Please understand that while I put every effort into verifying the charts at nlgstats are accurate, the "total NLG at bittrex" chart is one I cannot verify and I would discourage making investment decisions based on this chart.  In the next few days I will create a write-up on the site describing how this chart is created and add a more prominent disclaimer.   Another approach to estimating the NLG at bittrex would be to add up the 50 highest account balances provided in the bittrex distribution tab.

It looks accurate enough, rounded off the top 50 addresses and it came to 41.9 million coins. At the rate of decline you can expect 300-500 more addresses with about 3 million coins.
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 04:55:57 PM

Well... I just orderd and eat an enormous Pizza which I paid with Guldencoin with thanks to Nocks Nimble!
Paying went very smooth, a transaction with my phone in a millisecond. 15 minutes later te result:

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Jero

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 04:59:54 PM

That was a familie order of 25113.2760601 Guldencoin!

@LTEX If you share half with your pizza action I... no WE are very happy!

MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:04:11 PM

The guy deserves 7.5 btc for the effort he is putting into this Con although I wouldn't hand him the NLG to distribute because you don't want him to have 1.5 million coins waiting to be dumped at some time in the future. It's one of those Cons you don't mind losing on because your getting guldencoin and reducing the premine at the same time.

Well... let's make him have 7.5BTC to set up this mining session.
The 1.5M Guldencoin will be distributed over the participants, so don't worry about those.

I think this opportunity deserves a change.
I have seen how George made his entry in the Guldencoin community and how things evolved from there.

There is trust and all the info we need about George for now...

Maybe I'm just to stupid to comprehend the plan, but is there any post I have overseen where there can be found an explanation how 100Mh can be guaranteed for a lifetime? I don't care what equipment is being bought for this (and how low the power and maintenance cost are), but it will cost at least 5BTC to get a good (used) 100 Mh rig. That will last no longer than 2 years (if lucky). Then a replacement needs to be bought. Let's say this will only cost 2.5 BTC then, again for 2 more years. After 4 years the initial well has dried up. Where is the (relatively high) interest coming from that takes care of 10 to 30 more purchases?

The only thing I can come up with is a ponzi scheme where new investors pay the tab. Once new hash rounds fail, so will the "lifetime" contract. Again, it's probably me being dumb here...

Can you please make an effort to educate me George? Again, I'm not accusing you of anything, I just want to be able to grasp the plan. Hell I'll pay the 7.5BTC myself if you can make me understand!

Sure.

I believe most people get stuck on the assumption that it is only about purchasing hardware. Which is not the sole case.

It's a mix of hardware and software, and connecting the dots between them.

Reason why I haven't disclosed the system in every single detail, is simply to prevent other coins from copying it. I stated that I would like this to be an "NLG exclusive" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg12102686#msg12102686, bottom), which, I would like to uphold...

It's in my beliefs that individuals should take responsibility for their own hardware. It would be better for 10 people to have 1 10MH rig each all over the world then a 100 MH in one location.
What happens if there is a fire and the entire rig goes down in flames? Rather use the premine to buy rigs for people if they promise to keep them online for at least 2 years with their own electrical costs. This is way too risky and too centralized.

Say someone has a disagreement with George and he says fuck you and fuck guldencoin I am going to point these mining rigs somewhere else.

Buy your own fucking rigs people, don't give control to one person. Retards anonymous!

I have to agree mostly (other than the insults).

I'd much rather see someone arrange a group buy for 500 1 mh/s miners, or 100 10 mh/s miners, or 10 100 mh/s miners - or whatever is feasible given demand - presumably for the right volume they can be had for a slightly better price than normal. Each person who participates can then do with the resulting miners as they please.
This has way less issues in terms of potential scams etc.

Though I don't think the premine could be involved or at least not as the bulk of the funding as that would just create a huge sell pressure which i s probably not what the coin needs right now...
Jero

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 05:24:09 PM

The guy deserves 7.5 btc for the effort he is putting into this Con although I wouldn't hand him the NLG to distribute because you don't want him to have 1.5 million coins waiting to be dumped at some time in the future. It's one of those Cons you don't mind losing on because your getting guldencoin and reducing the premine at the same time.

Well... let's make him have 7.5BTC to set up this mining session.
The 1.5M Guldencoin will be distributed over the participants, so don't worry about those.

I think this opportunity deserves a change.
I have seen how George made his entry in the Guldencoin community and how things evolved from there.

There is trust and all the info we need about George for now...

Maybe I'm just to stupid to comprehend the plan, but is there any post I have overseen where there can be found an explanation how 100Mh can be guaranteed for a lifetime? I don't care what equipment is being bought for this (and how low the power and maintenance cost are), but it will cost at least 5BTC to get a good (used) 100 Mh rig. That will last no longer than 2 years (if lucky). Then a replacement needs to be bought. Let's say this will only cost 2.5 BTC then, again for 2 more years. After 4 years the initial well has dried up. Where is the (relatively high) interest coming from that takes care of 10 to 30 more purchases?

The only thing I can come up with is a ponzi scheme where new investors pay the tab. Once new hash rounds fail, so will the "lifetime" contract. Again, it's probably me being dumb here...

Can you please make an effort to educate me George? Again, I'm not accusing you of anything, I just want to be able to grasp the plan. Hell I'll pay the 7.5BTC myself if you can make me understand!

Sure.

I believe most people get stuck on the assumption that it is only about purchasing hardware. Which is not the sole case.

It's a mix of hardware and software, and connecting the dots between them.

Reason why I haven't disclosed the system in every single detail, is simply to prevent other coins from copying it. I stated that I would like this to be an "NLG exclusive" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg12102686#msg12102686, bottom), which, I would like to uphold...

It's in my beliefs that individuals should take responsibility for their own hardware. It would be better for 10 people to have 1 10MH rig each all over the world then a 100 MH in one location.
What happens if there is a fire and the entire rig goes down in flames? Rather use the premine to buy rigs for people if they promise to keep them online for at least 2 years with their own electrical costs. This is way too risky and too centralized.

Say someone has a disagreement with George and he says fuck you and fuck guldencoin I am going to point these mining rigs somewhere else.

Buy your own fucking rigs people, don't give control to one person. Retards anonymous!

I have to agree mostly (other than the insults).

I'd much rather see someone arrange a group buy for 500 1 mh/s miners, or 100 10 mh/s miners, or 10 100 mh/s miners - or whatever is feasible given demand - presumably for the right volume they can be had for a slightly better price than normal. Each person who participates can then do with the resulting miners as they please.
This has way less issues in terms of potential scams etc.

Though I don't think the premine could be involved or at least not as the bulk of the funding as that would just create a huge sell pressure which i s probably not what the coin needs right now...

Mining scrypt and especially Guldencoin is a money eater atm. So if you give me a miner, I won't use it. The idea of permanent mining using proceeds out of SHA to reinvest in mining Guldencoin is great. Also, the pre-mine part is nothing to worry about. People buy Guldencoin out of the pre-mine with Bitcoin at a rate of 500 sat. No sell pressure for sure imo.

julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:52:45 PM

Just ordered a pizza, minutes later the pizzajoint called to say they were already closed and they could no process my order.... They said thuisbezorgd will reimburse me, curious how that will go! Luckily I have other foodstuffs around to make dinner =)

Also, something went wrong when using Nocks, Firefox could not interpret the NLG-adress, it did not send the payment order to my wallet. I manually copy and pasted everything to my wallet, then it all went through.

One last thing, I saw an ad at litebit.eu, it had a typo, as it read "Thuisbezorg en andere bedrijven wilden nog niet beginnen aan Guldencoin, hebben wij er maar een app voor gemaakt", the sentence seems to be missing the word "dus".

=P
Jero

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 05:59:19 PM

Just ordered a pizza, minutes later the pizzajoint called to say they were already closed and they could no process my order.... They said thuisbezorgd will reimburse me, curious how that will go! Luckily I have other foodstuffs around to make dinner =)

Also, something went wrong when using Nocks, Firefox could not interpret the NLG-adress, it did not send the payment order to my wallet. I manually copy and pasted everything to my wallet, then it all went through.

One last thing, I saw an ad at litebit.eu, it had a typo, as it read "Thuisbezorg en andere bedrijven wilden nog niet beginnen aan Guldencoin, hebben wij er maar een app voor gemaakt", the sentence seems to be missing the word "dus".

A pitty... shop closed. hope you get refunded and next time better luck...

Also, the add is just right imo, it's used at www.guldencoinweb.nl also:

strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:03:16 PM

Something cool I just wanted to share.

Even the lonely miner at my pool http://deguldenmijn.eu/stats with around 5Mh found a block.

http://inzicht.deguldenmijn.eu/block/fedcd2541cc413aa01c97b1326edab11df742f2e777158897273d08957b50030
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:09:22 PM

Looking at our stats you tried 3 transactions, 2 of 'm timed out. Was that because you had to do things manually anyway, regardless of having the Firefox plugin? If so, then we'll look into it to see if we can fix that Smiley.

Regarding the ad, that one is a bit old. I've been trying to create some better ones for many purposes, so that ad on Litebit will be replaced soonish anyway Smiley

@strataghyst that is very nice!
Jero

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 06:09:52 PM

Even the lonely miner at my pool http://deguldenmijn.eu/stats with around 5Mh found a block.

http://inzicht.deguldenmijn.eu/block/fedcd2541cc413aa01c97b1326edab11df742f2e777158897273d08957b50030

Great! The blockchain is healty again. This was impossible with all the jumppools before...

Only I hope this miner doesn't instant dump his freshly minted coins  Grin

julian071

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:24:26 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 06:37:53 PM by julian071

Looking at our stats you tried 3 transactions, 2 of 'm timed out. Was that because you had to do things manually anyway, regardless of having the Firefox plugin? If so, then we'll look into it to see if we can fix that Smiley.

Regarding the ad, that one is a bit old. I've been trying to create some better ones for many purposes, so that ad on Litebit will be replaced soonish anyway Smiley

@strataghyst that is very nice!

Hey Buerra, I had one timed-out payment because I did not have enough NLG in my wallet when I first ordered haha (it\s all on Bittrex for trading). The other two I don't know, doing things manually did take a little longer but the payment went through.

=P
Spakler

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:25:13 PM

Congrats! Smiley
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:40:02 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 06:53:16 PM by veertje

Looking at our stats you tried 3 transactions, 2 of 'm timed out.

I think that was me also, Buerra.  1 time out. Browserplugin started the old wallet and had the 1.5 wllet to reindex again.

strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:43:55 PM

Great! The blockchain is healty again. This was impossible with all the jumppools before...

Only I hope this miner doesn't instant dump his freshly minted coins  Grin

I'm pretty sure he won't I know who he is. Grin
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:44:25 PM

I think that was me also, Buerra.  1 time out. Browserplugin started the old wallet and had the 1.5 wllet to reindex again.

The protocol seems not to work at the moment here to start the new wallet automaticly with Nimble, as i made corrections in about:config by hand for the old wallet..

Ah ok ok, so you still have the old wallet installed? That could cause some confusion to services for sure.
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:44:32 PM

Mining scrypt and especially Guldencoin is a money eater atm. So if you give me a miner, I won't use it. The idea of permanent mining using proceeds out of SHA to reinvest in mining Guldencoin is great.

That makes no sense to me:
The average Bitcoin (SHA) miner takes probably 2 years to break even, after which it is already close to obsolete, so its basically just an inefficient way of renting with more variables that can go wrong may as well rent directly.
Some basic things that can go wrong:
a) Massive increase in Bitcoin hashrate - now you are making a loss and can afford less hash than if you just rented directly.
b) Drop in Bitcoin price - returns much lower than expected
This is before even getting into things like George potentially running off with the money or the Bitcoin miner.

If the BTC mining were massively profitable then maybe it would make sense, though all the extra risk factors still make it somewhat dicey, so far I haven't even seen an answer on how much SHA hash we are talking, it would have to be a lot of hash to actually make this more profitable (or less of a loss) than mining directly would be...

What I personally would like to see is some basic sums, showing how much the expected BTC income is going to be and that this is somehow better than just using the money to rent directly.
If you really believe renting is going to be more profitable (or less of a loss) than purchasing Scrypt miners then maybe what should be done here is negotiating a really long term rental contract and avoiding the extra step of mining Bitcoin (which from what I can see - though maybe I miss something - just adds extra complications and complexity)

If mining scrypt is such a money eater that you wouldn't run one even if you were given it, then renting it will be just as bad if not worse. It isn't suddenly going to be profitable just because there is an extra step involved.
That renter needs to pay for the same electricity *and* still make a profit from the rental, and the profit has to be larger than he would get from mining himself or else he would just mine himself. Sure he may be in a country where electricity is cheaper, but then maybe what we should be looking for then is someone who can host actual bought Scrypt miners in a country with cheap electricity...

Anyway just my opinion, people are free to make up their own minds.

People buy Guldencoin out of the pre-mine with Bitcoin at a rate of 500 sat. No sell pressure for sure imo.
I was replying to SuicidalTendencies who wanted to buy scypt miners using the premine - nobody is going to sell scrypt miners for NLG so it would create a huge sell pressure, unless a similar scheme of 'reimbursing' people who bought for BTC or similar is followed instead of buying it directly with the premine...
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:52:08 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 07:15:11 PM by veertje

I think that was me also, Buerra.  1 time out. Browserplugin started the old wallet and had the 1.5 wllet to reindex again.

The protocol seems not to work at the moment here to start the new wallet automaticly with Nimble, as i made corrections in about:config by hand for the old wallet..

Ah ok ok, so you still have the old wallet installed? That could cause some confusion to services for sure.

No, new wallet installed, but the protocol of firefox in about:config had to open the old wallet as it was programmed do so by me by hand in the past.

The protocol seems not to work at the moment here to start the new wallet automaticly with Nimble in Firefox, as i made corrections in about:config by hand for the old wallet to make it work.

Tried to manage it again for 1.5 wallet, but doesn't work yet. Have to do it by hand. also Julian has problems with automatic startup of the wallet, i read.

See post: https://community.guldencoin.com/t/pizza-bestelen/861/13, how it was handled for the old wallet. That worked out, not a solution here for the new wallet yet.

I think i will try google chrome next time. For one or other reason for some people automatic startup of the wallet protocol isn't recognized in firefox, but for other people it works fine.
Jero

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 06:53:11 PM

Mining scrypt and especially Guldencoin is a money eater atm. So if you give me a miner, I won't use it. The idea of permanent mining using proceeds out of SHA to reinvest in mining Guldencoin is great.

That makes no sense to me:
The average Bitcoin (SHA) miner takes probably 2 years to break even, after which it is already close to obsolete, so its basically just an inefficient way of renting with more variables that can go wrong may as well rent directly.
Some basic things that can go wrong:
a) Massive increase in Bitcoin hashrate - now you are making a loss and can afford less hash than if you just rented directly.
b) Drop in Bitcoin price - returns much lower than expected
This is before even getting into things like George potentially running off with the money or the Bitcoin miner.

If the BTC mining were massively profitable then maybe it would make sense, though all the extra risk factors still make it somewhat dicey, so far I haven't even seen an answer on how much SHA hash we are talking, it would have to be a lot of hash to actually make this more profitable (or less of a loss) than mining directly would be...

What I personally would like to see is some basic sums, showing how much the expected BTC income is going to be and that this is somehow better than just using the money to rent directly.
If you really believe renting is going to be more profitable (or less of a loss) than purchasing Scrypt miners then maybe what should be done here is negotiating a really long term rental contract and avoiding the extra step of mining Bitcoin (which from what I can see - though maybe I miss something - just adds extra complications and complexity)

If mining scrypt is such a money eater that you wouldn't run one even if you were given it, then renting it will be just as bad if not worse. It isn't suddenly going to be profitable just because there is an extra step involved.
That renter needs to pay for the same electricity *and* still make a profit from the rental, and the profit has to be larger than he would get from mining himself or else he would just mine himself. Sure he may be in a country where electricity is cheaper, but then maybe what we should be looking for then is someone who can host actual bought Scrypt miners in a country with cheap electricity...

Anyway just my opinion, people are free to make up their own minds.

People buy Guldencoin out of the pre-mine with Bitcoin at a rate of 500 sat. No sell pressure for sure imo.
I was replying to SuicidalTendencies who wanted to buy scypt miners using the premine - nobody is going to sell scrypt miners for NLG so it would create a huge sell pressure, unless a similar scheme of 'reimbursing' people who bought for BTC or similar is followed instead of buying it directly with the premine...

Thnx for your extensive answer.

1. The average Bitcoin (SHA) miner takes probably 2 years to break even

Depends on power costs also I guess.

2. What I personally would like to see is some basic sums

I would like to see these too. @George

3. I was replying to SuicidalTendencies

My mistake.

---

Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:58:19 PM

No, new wallet installed, but the protocol of firefox in about:config had to open the old wallet as it was programmed do so by me by hand in the past.

The protocol seems not to work at the moment here to start the new wallet automaticly with Nimble, as i made corrections in about:config by hand for the old wallet to make it work.

Tried to manage it again for 1.5 wallet, but doesn't work yet. Have to do it by hand. also Julian has problems with automatic startup of the wallet, i read.

See post: https://community.guldencoin.com/t/pizza-bestelen/861/13, how it was handled for the old wallet. That worked out, not a solution here for the new wallet yet.

Right, ok, we'll look into this. Thanks for letting us know julian & veertje  Smiley
julian071

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:20:44 PM

Thx for looking into it.

I applied for a refund in BTC with thuisbezorgd.nl to a personal adress of mine, let's see how they handle that.

=P
Pages: « 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 [560] 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: