Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893542 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:36:19 PM

Just kidding man. I use my real name on this forum, so they could find me in a heart beat. It's just frustrating as hell. Political negotiations with the devil doesn't work. Even with a stable block chain it will still be a problem. It feels like that itch that you can't scratch.

Agreed, on all counts..  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:26:44 AM

is there any news about the simulator yet, will it be up and running this week?

Another 2 months or so, but with all these other updates coming in the last week the simulator has taken a back step in focus and also litesires idea of keeping the buys under 400 is working until the algorithm change takes place. So Kudos to the community and users for listening to that advice from litesire.

I hope you wrong but we know iOS still hasn't been submitted to Apple and that was meant to happen end of September but it's been waiting on the algorithm change. I think we are most likely at the worst point in the coins history when it comes to updates from the user guldencoin and /GeertJohan. Lets hope we do get some positive feedback within the next week from them otherwise we going under 300sat.

Don't worry, look at what other projects the community is bringing out. This is far better then relying on everything from one team and this is the reason guldencoin is better then every other alt. From my Point of view the teams main responsibility is making sure the blockchain is stable and they going to be doing that this year I am sure.
LTEX is also doing something next month so lots to look forward too.
Wildwest

Activity: 1774
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:41:00 AM

is there any news about the simulator yet, will it be up and running this week?

Another 2 months or so, but with all these other updates coming in the last week the simulator has taken a back step in focus and also litesires idea of keeping the buys under 400 is working until the algorithm change takes place. So Kudos to the community and users for listening to that advice from litesire.

I hope you wrong but we know iOS still hasn't been submitted to Apple and that was meant to happen end of September but it's been waiting on the algorithm change. I think we are most likely at the worst point in the coins history when it comes to updates from the user guldencoin and /GeertJohan. Lets hope we do get some positive feedback within the next week from them otherwise we going under 300sat.

Don't worry, look at what other projects the community is bringing out. This is far better then relying on everything from one team and this is the reason guldencoin is better then every other alt. From my Point of view the teams main responsibility is making sure the blockchain is stable and they going to be doing that this year I am sure.
LTEX is also doing something next month so lots to look forward too.

I think 2015 is when Guldencoin will really start to strive. A lot of true investors wait and wait to make sure that Guldencoin isn't a fly by night operation which the crypto world is plagued with. After CANN I am sure many people have noticed volumes are down across most alts and even prices. This is due to CANN really highlighting what the altcoin world is all about, well those alts that only have PnD investors within the BTCtalk community.

Now if Guldencoin keeps pushing progress until late into next year I think we will see venture capitalists start coming in and also help build the status of the currency.

With time comes more confidence.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
markanth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 01:10:34 PM

Service update and new project should be launched within the next 2 weeks. This is besides the other one I mentioned previously which should be done end of December/beginning of Jan.
The tier 2 project will be done early next year (Jan/Feb).

Cool Cool Don't feel time pressure. Good things to come, I feel it!

By the way, network hashrate is climbing last 10 days, with these lower prices atm. Good sign, I think.

Clevermining is still getting over 60% atm. So most hashrate is coming from them I suppose?
Also most of the coins mined by them are transferred to this address: GQsUGhJiKTA35ysmVDMsASHPdXWxbDoqoN
The balance on this account is growing fast from a few weeks ago ~2,7M to ~4.7M now.

Conclusion? They don't sell atm someone else does. And they are investing, holding and waiting for better price I suppose?

What you guys think about my thinking? Am I right or very wrong on this one?

Jero,

Here's my understanding, also could be wrong but I'm pretty confident in this one.  GQsUGhJiKTA35ysmVDMsASHPdXWxbDoqoN is just clevermining's bittrex deposit address.  Don't view it as clevermining's personal balance on the exchange.  Think of it as a part of the exchange's NLG balance.  Clevermining started depositing at bittrex on August 17.  So if you made some NLG withdrawls from bittrex after that date, bring up those transactions in an NLG block explorer.  There is a good chance you'll see inputs to your transactions are from that address.

As Frais mentioned, Clevermining has to autosell what they mine to make regular payouts in BTC to their users.  So for example, if clever mines 300,000 NLG in the last 24 hours, the 24 hour NLG trading volume will likely be at least 300,000.  If the bittrex NLG exchange volume is less than what clever has mined over that 24 hour period, then you could make the argument clever is holding NLG. 

Best --Mark   

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 02:15:22 PM

Service update and new project should be launched within the next 2 weeks. This is besides the other one I mentioned previously which should be done end of December/beginning of Jan.
The tier 2 project will be done early next year (Jan/Feb).

Cool Cool Don't feel time pressure. Good things to come, I feel it!

By the way, network hashrate is climbing last 10 days, with these lower prices atm. Good sign, I think.

Clevermining is still getting over 60% atm. So most hashrate is coming from them I suppose?
Also most of the coins mined by them are transferred to this address: GQsUGhJiKTA35ysmVDMsASHPdXWxbDoqoN
The balance on this account is growing fast from a few weeks ago ~2,7M to ~4.7M now.

Conclusion? They don't sell atm someone else does. And they are investing, holding and waiting for better price I suppose?

What you guys think about my thinking? Am I right or very wrong on this one?

Jero,

Here's my understanding, also could be wrong but I'm pretty confident in this one.  GQsUGhJiKTA35ysmVDMsASHPdXWxbDoqoN is just clevermining's bittrex deposit address.  Don't view it as clevermining's personal balance on the exchange.  Think of it as a part of the exchange's NLG balance.  Clevermining started depositing at bittrex on August 17.  So if you made some NLG withdrawls from bittrex after that date, bring up those transactions in an NLG block explorer.  There is a good chance you'll see inputs to your transactions are from that address.

As Frais mentioned, Clevermining has to autosell what they mine to make regular payouts in BTC to their users.  So for example, if clever mines 300,000 NLG in the last 24 hours, the 24 hour NLG trading volume will likely be at least 300,000.  If the bittrex NLG exchange volume is less than what clever has mined over that 24 hour period, then you could make the argument clever is holding NLG. 

Best --Mark   

Right, suppose you're right. I get it now ;-)
I will have a look at the sell volume this weekend.

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Frais

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:32:21 PM

Damn, clevermining hitting 75% at this moment. It looks like they try to mine as much Guldencoins as they can before the algorithm update kicks in. Or it's because of the other pools not adding as much hashing power as they used to do..
Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:46:11 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 02:58:31 PM by Svener

Damn, clevermining hitting 75% at this moment. It looks like they try to mine as much Guldencoins as they can before the algorithm update kicks in. Or it's because of the other pools not adding as much hashing power as they used to do..

Instead of these parasites supporting coins they mine it's all about getting btc because in there opinion nothing else matters. Most of the people mining at Clevermining have never heard of Guldencoin.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

Instead of these parasites supporting coins they mine it's all about getting btc because in there opinion nothing else matters. Most of the people mining at Clevermining have never heard of Guldencoin.

My pool is running at the same hashrate as it has been.  A hashrate that typically nets 20-25% of the coins in a day.  90% of that is Biomike's paid hashes to help the network.  It's not a lull in normal mining, it's an increase on clever's end.

Yet no one wanted to at least try to IP ban them, regardless of whether they could eventually get past it or not.  It would have at least sent a message.  Hell, it might have given us a couple days without them on the chain, and maybe even just made it not worthwhile to come back.

Maybe the miners would like to know that instead of mining for profit, like Terk says he is obligated to do for his miners, he's using the pool to destroy a legitimate coin.  Additionally, the coins he's mining are sitting in a storage wallet, and they aren't being sold.  Essentially he's using his miners' paid hashrate for his agenda against this coin.

When is this going to stop?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:36:59 PM

Maybe ask to stop on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448649.5440? Let the miners there give there opinion? Gives Guldencoin some attention also, even if they don't bother. But I can imagine that some can understand it is no good to rape a coin that is so good for crypto in general.
Frais

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:44:30 PM

Yet no one wanted to at least try to IP ban them, regardless of whether they could eventually get past it or not.  It would have at least sent a message.  Hell, it might have given us a couple days without them on the chain, and maybe even just made it not worthwhile to come back.

Several people in this topic said that they would welcome a clevermining IP ban but Guldencoin decided that an IP ban is never their solution.

I still think an IP ban is the best temporarily solution, just to make things easier and more relaxed for this moment. This subject is dominating the community for a few months now, what a waste of time..
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:49:27 PM

My pool is running at the same hashrate as it has been.  A hashrate that typically nets 20-25% of the coins in a day.  90% of that is Biomike's paid hashes to help the network.  It's not a lull in normal mining, it's an increase on clever's end.

Maybe the miners would like to know that instead of mining for profit, like Terk says he is obligated to do for his miners, he's using the pool to destroy a legitimate coin.  Additionally, the coins he's mining are sitting in a storage wallet, and they aren't being sold.  Essentially he's using his miners' paid hashrate for his agenda against this coin.

When is this going to stop?

-Fuse

The way I see things is there is 2 problems.

1. We need a algorithm change to prevent long and short block resolve times. This is coming from the dev team albeit very slowly but can understand the wait to use the simulator for testing so we can  make the next change a good one.

2. Clevermining could potentially still control a lot of the hash but the rapeage should be a lot less then it is now with the algo change. So we need more dedicated miners.

veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:54:20 PM

Maybe the team can give an update again on the simulator progress? Waiting is not that bad, when you know to wait for how long.
investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

Maybe the team can give an update again on the simulator progress? Waiting is not that bad, when you know to wait for how long.

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/post/draw-blood-from-a-stone-no-problem/

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

To clarify, I do realize that there were a handful of people that eventually agreed that an IP ban might be worth at least trying.  However, when I first brought it up, the idea was shunned because it was too "centralized".  75% of the blocks being mined by a pool that will never use them, only sell them, is too centralized.  3 months have passed with this going on now.  While the coin is still working on a day to day basis, this is getting old.

I will let people know that my team has already been working on algorithm changes.  In fact, we have been running tests against a testnet for a week or so, gathering data and tweaking numbers.  We're looking forward to testing against the simulator, but if clever proves overbearing in the coming week/s, we'll be ready to provide our findings on at least one solution to the community.

Hey, investeerder... kick rocks.  Your shit is just as old as clever's.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 06:26:09 PM

Guy's, I'm finally sitting down at a London airport and read up what happened the past two weeks. I have been extremely busy with a "brick and stone" job lately, not really able to give my attention to NLG in a way I would like to. Fortunately I have some peace and quiet time coming up, so I can get back to it!

One thing, besides the big project, I'm am eager to address is the trouble with CleverMining. There must be a way to address this politically, and I really want to try that path. Are there any previous contact moments with Terk you guys might have had that can help me in building a case to discuss with him? Maybe PM's are best for that ATM...

Cheers,

LTEX

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:28:28 PM

To clarify, I do realize that there were a handful of people that eventually agreed that an IP ban might be worth at least trying.  However, when I first brought it up, the idea was shunned because it was too "centralized".  75% of the blocks being mined by a pool that will never use them, only sell them, is too centralized.  3 months have passed with this going on now.  While the coin is still working on a day to day basis, this is getting old.

I will let people know that my team has already been working on algorithm changes.  In fact, we have been running tests against a testnet for a week or so, gathering data and tweaking numbers.  We're looking forward to testing against the simulator, but if clever proves overbearing in the coming week/s, we'll be ready to provide our findings on at least one solution to the community.

-Fuse

Can't we block him ourselves with the low orbit ion cannon targeting his ip and guldencoin rpc port.  Grin
Meije

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:38:34 PM

-Fuse

Can't we block him ourselves with the low orbit ion cannon targeting his ip and guldencoin rpc port.  Grin
They use cloudflare, that "protects" their IP, so you can't do that, this is also illegal. I have said it before, the guys at cleverminnig are not stupid, they follow the news, and fill their wallets with NLG for later.
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

Ahum... https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/EFL_BTC

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Meije

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

Good for them!
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:12:06 PM

I have updated the timeline with 6 new updates:

https://timeline.guldencoin.com/

Paysafegulden.com launched - A first of it's kind crypto service enabling users to use paysafecards to buy Guldencoin
Article on Het verschil about Guldencoin and bitcoin
Geert Johan Gets nominated for Proof of Honor award
Limited edition physical guldencoins made
Glasatelier - new merchant for making Glass items
Verspa - new clothing merchant for men.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: