Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukraine rejects Russia Gazprom gas price hike  (Read 26427 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:55:39 AM

They sign an agreement, I guess Europe doesn't want an Energy crisis this winter, we will see if the agreement is respected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:27:04 AM

Debt isn't paid yet, so agreement is just a paper. But it seems that Miller don't care.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:09:33 AM

Debt isn't paid yet, so agreement is just a paper. But it seems that Miller don't care.
Well, first part of debt has been paid:

http://rt.com/business/202251-naftogaz-ukraine-pay-gazprom/
picolo

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:05:05 PM

EU or US paid it?
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

EU or US paid it?
It seems that some part of IMF loan was used to make this payment. But it's less than a half of debt accumulated during 2013-2014 and there were no prepayments made. We'll see what will happen next...
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:51:40 AM

How much they are going to pay? I heard that it is $3.1 billion for the 11.5 billion Cu.M of gas. So what is the price? Just $269.5 per K Cu.M? That is almost 30% lower than the market prices.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:08:18 AM

You jsut forget why price of Gaz was so low before ... simply because Ukrainian was keeping russian army to Crimea ... now as they stolen it ... they come back and tell -> now price is high you have no more crimea ... and we fucked you deeply and we smile ...

Poutine is just a mafia bear ... who can beleive him anymore ... as now everyone know he lie openly to anyone.

Just after the Minsk ...he told => ok i remove the army on border of Russia ... i think he start to be too old to drive the country because he must have Alzeimer ....
Hoo sure ... i am pretty sure ... Russian people will live better with fear of Atomic war...like he told already one time LoL
And during this time mother of the soldat die are die when they were in holidays .. LoL
And what he do ... ? He prefere to test Atomic weapons to show what ?? Do you eat with Atmomic weapons strategy ??
If Poutine want to go back like North Korea do ... welcome to him ...
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

http://s011.radikal.ru/i317/1411/cd/c19060092e2b.gif
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 09:57:02 PM

It's not just gas, it's also coal that Ukraine has problems with. The energy minister Prodan (funnily his name translates as "Sold") first told Poles that Ukraine can get Polish coal for free as a "sign of unity against Russian aggression". Poles got disgusted. Then they turned to South Africa, ordering 1 million tonnes. But not is clean, and Ukrainian Investigative Committee opened a corruption case against Prodan. Only half of the South African coal will be probably delivered as Ukraine does not pay. They Kiev said that they'll buy from Donetsk (Donetsk republic said that they'll not sell while Kiev continues massacring civilians) and from Russia (but it turned out it's not politically correct, so they probably not be buying anyway and will freeze just to spite Russia).

Previously Ukraine took its coal from Donetsk (while only 5% of revenue was returned to the region), but now Kiev shelled all the mines and distanced the region by murdering its people and declaring them non-citizens.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:42:31 PM

picolo

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:03:02 PM

You jsut forget why price of Gaz was so low before ... simply because Ukrainian was keeping russian army to Crimea ... now as they stolen it ... they come back and tell -> now price is high you have no more crimea ... and we fucked you deeply and we smile ...

Poutine is just a mafia bear ... who can beleive him anymore ... as now everyone know he lie openly to anyone.

Just after the Minsk ...he told => ok i remove the army on border of Russia ... i think he start to be too old to drive the country because he must have Alzeimer ....
Hoo sure ... i am pretty sure ... Russian people will live better with fear of Atomic war...like he told already one time LoL
And during this time mother of the soldat die are die when they were in holidays .. LoL
And what he do ... ? He prefere to test Atomic weapons to show what ?? Do you eat with Atmomic weapons strategy ??
If Poutine want to go back like North Korea do ... welcome to him ...

Russia has the right to sell its gas at the price they want; the price that Ukrain was paying was extremely low because countries were friends, the new government that stole power doesn't want to be friend with Russia then they have to pay a normal price
AllTheBitz

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:39:52 AM

Does anyone know of a website with the current controlled regions.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 08:49:36 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 10:22:07 PM by Nemo1024

Interesting next step in the saga:

Norway will pay Ukraine a budget subsidy of $15 million:
http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/1264514/rambler
And this can be prolonged for 3 consecutive years.

The size of the sum is a small token compared to the billions of dollars that Russia poured into Ukraine to keep its economy afloat through various grants, gas price reduction and loans.

It's actually $30 million this year, with $15 million coming in the first payment:
http://www.gazeta.ru/business/news/2014/11/18/n_6661641.shtml

The problem is the political backdrop in Norway itself: only a month ago the government drew sharp criticism for breaking its promises and pulling a historically large sum from the Oil Fund to balance the Norwegian budget (as well as cutting spending to already strained healths and education sectors). And I am not happy that part of my almost 45% tax goes to helping a coup extremist brown government.

And now comes the interesting bit: Ukraine can get 8 billion m3 of gas from Norway:
http://www.gazeta.ru/business/news/2014/11/18/n_6661701.shtml

And Yatsenjuk sais that the contract with Statoil is more profitable than with Gasprom:
http://www.ukrinform.ua/rus/news/kontrakt_s_statoil_bolee_vigoden_chem_s_gazpromom___premer_ministr_1685511
They will not disclose the details so that "Russian would not be able to sleep peacefully", he said  Roll Eyes

I am all for diversification, but let's hope that Ukraine does not (re)pay Norway in the same way they (re)pay Russia.  Grin Looks like it's Norway's turn to subsidise Ukraine.

I have a feeling I know where the money will be coming from: Lithuania. Norway already rented it a floating LNG at an astronomic price (stationed in to the port of Klaipeda, where there are no gas lines), and Statoil will be selling gas at about $400 m3. Good for Norway.

Yatsenjuk also opens up for Norwegian companies to directly investing in the GTS and UGS in Ukraine:
http://112.ua/glavnye-novosti/yacenyuk-ukraina-mozhet-dopustit-norvezhskie-kompanii-k-uchastiyu-v-konsorciumah-po-upravleniyu-gts-i-phg-147188.html

The sale has started.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
AllTheBitz

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:05:49 AM

A war over resources that sounds familiar.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:12:33 AM

This $15 million won't cover Ukraine's gas bill for one day. I am sure that the Kiev Nazis will be disappointed. They were dreaming about tens of billions of USD worth of funds, not $15 million.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:28:05 PM

Russia cannot confirm receiving prepayment for gas for December from Ukraine. Have the thugs in Kiev already transferred all the IMF loans to their personal accounts, leaving Ukraine in the cold.  Roll Eyes

picolo

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:54:36 PM

This $15 million won't cover Ukraine's gas bill for one day. I am sure that the Kiev Nazis will be disappointed. They were dreaming about tens of billions of USD worth of funds, not $15 million.

I thought I read that Europe and-or the IMF gave Billions for Ukrain to pay for its gas bill.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 02:05:31 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 03:29:37 PM by Nemo1024

And now the logical conclusion to the third gas war:

Bombshell! Russia to Stop Transit of Gas to EU Through Ukraine!
https://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2015/01/15/confirmed-russia-to-stop-transit-of-gas-to-europe-through-ukraine/

This is a bombshell that was dropped by Russia earlier today.

It has been officially confirmed! The head of Gazprom Alexei Miller announced that Russia would discontinue the Ukrainian route for Russian gas transit to the EU. I expected this announcement ever since I broke the news of the Turkey/Russia deal on 12/2/14, but I did expect it in a year or two: read here and here. Looks like the time is getting compressed and the pressure for change is intensifying.

I understand at this time the flow of gas through Ukraine has been restricted to 2/5th of the usual volume. However, it appears it will soon be stopped completely.

2. It seems Miller and Gazprom are very confident that EU has no alternative to the Russian gas at this time. For the longest time EU and Ukraine had been able to blackmail Russia every year, taking advantage of the fact that the EU was Russia’s largest customer and Ukraine – the largest transit artery.

Russia was customarily accused of various transgressions, the blame was yearly shifted to Russia for any gas flow disruptions due to Ukraine’s stealing of Russian gas; the expense for Ukraine’s theft was also placed on Russia’s shoulders alone, while EU denied any responsibility, always siding with Ukraine. It appears Russia/Gazprom feel that enough is enough and that it’s time to cut the Gordian Knot. The fact that Russia now has strategic agreements with Turkey and China helps Russia’s leverage.

3. This is where the economy and geopolitics mix. Russia warned a long time ago that should EU’s behavior not change, there would eventually be more return sanctions. It appears Russia wasn’t kidding!

Also read this:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-14/russia-cuts-ukraine-gas-supply-6-european-countries

And for the historical perspective, the following article:
http://stanislavs.org/the-third-gas-war-eu-and-us-must-pay-for-their-successes-in-ukraine/

Let's remember that Russia is doing what USA and EU wanted, doesn't it? EU wanted to have Russia pull from the European market, to have gas diversity and to have "cheap" shale gas delivered from USA. Now they can have all this. Also, let's remember that North Stream is not used to its full capacity because of the EU bureaucracy: Gazprom cannot use it fully, about half of the capacity is reserved to a hypothetical competitor...

picolo

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:49:13 PM

We seem to be coming back a little bit from the crisis even if the relationship between Russia and Ukrain are still very bad and Ukrain's government is still bombing its people.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 07:02:56 PM by Nemo1024

We seem to be coming back a little bit from the crisis even if the relationship between Russia and Ukrain are still very bad and Ukrain's government is still bombing its people.

This may be a calm before a storm, but I am hoping for the best.

Interestingly, the relationship in Russia towards Ukrainians is and was not all that negative. People and media largely refer to Ukraine in pitying, compassionate tones (there are, of course, some hot-headed exceptions). Ukrainian performers remain popular in Russia, people sincerely hope this whole madness is resolved, the humanitarian aids have a large donation component from the general population. People in Russia seem to be able to discern between the Nazi elements in power and the population that became hostages of the coup d'etat.

My hope for people in central and western Ukraine is that they will start seeing this, will get from under the collective hatred that is being imposed upon them.

And more about gas: the cut-off signals might have been misinterpreted:

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2015/01/16/ruin-future-paul-craig-roberts/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: