Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread  (Read 521678 times)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 02:53:11 AM

Not sure what's happening, but I get this error every time I try to start Armory.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2439, in <module>
    form = ArmoryMainWindow()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 343, in __init__
    self.loadBlockchain()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1110, in loadBlockchain
    BDM_LoadBlockchainFile()
  File "/home/evan/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine.py", line 898, in BDM_LoadBlockchainFile
    return TheBDM.parseEntireBlockchain(blkdir)
  File "/home/evan/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 1238, in <lambda>
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, BlockDataManager_MMAP, name)
  File "/home/evan/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 51, in _swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: parseEntireBlockchain

However this is the first real problem I've ever had with Armory Smiley

Have you upgraded recently?  Do you compile it yourself?  There's a suspicious error in that output that looks like you are either using pre-0.80, or you upgraded the code base but didn't recompile it.

Versions prior to 0.80 did not handle the blockchain splitting at 2 GB.  That split happened yesterday, and all older versions of Armory will no longer work (well, offline mode will still work).

So far, all similar complaints have been users who hadn't upgraded, and no one who has upgraded has complained to me yet.  So I'm betting this is it Smiley

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
take5

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:36:24 PM

Well it seems like I forgot to make swig, but now when I do that I get this:

Code:
BlockUtils.h:326: Warning 472: Overloaded method AddressBookEntry::AddressBookEntry(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:378: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcAddress::BtcAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:378: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcAddress::BtcAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:414: Warning 509: Overloaded method BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair &) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:413: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair *).
BlockUtils.h:413: Warning 509: Overloaded method BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair *,bool) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:414: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by BtcAddress::addTxIO(TxIOPair &,bool).
BlockUtils.h:459: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:459: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BtcUtils.h:956: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcUtils::verifyProofOfWork(BinaryDataRef,BinaryDataRef) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
g++  -I"/usr/include/python`python -c 'import sys; print str(sys.version_info[0]) + "." + str(sys.version_info[1])'`" -c -O2 -pipe -fPIC  -Icryptopp -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  -lpthread  CppBlockUtils_wrap.cxx
g++ -shared -lpthread  UniversalTimer.o BinaryData.o FileDataPtr.o BtcUtils.o BlockObj.o BlockUtils.o EncryptionUtils.o libcryptopp.a "/usr/lib/libpython`python -c 'import sys; print str(sys.version_info[0]) + "." + str(sys.version_info[1])'`.a" CppBlockUtils_wrap.o -o ../_CppBlockUtils.so
g++: error: /usr/lib/libpython2.7.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [swig] Error 1

Which is strange since I've never had a problem with python before and I haven't used it outside of Armory in quite awhile. I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens.
edit: I reinstalled all the python packages, but I'm still getting the same error. For some reason I always seem to have these issues with Fedora.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 04:22:36 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 02:30:17 AM by etotheipi

Code:
[quote author=take5 link=topic=56424.msg1025540#msg1025540 date=1342103784]
Well it seems like I forgot to make swig, but now when I do that I get this:
g++: error: /usr/lib/libpython2.7.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [swig] Error 1

Which is strange since I've never had a problem with python before and I haven't used it outside of Armory in quite awhile. I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens.
edit: I reinstalled all the python packages, but I'm still getting the same error. For some reason I always seem to have these issues with Fedora.

Okay, so this was a bug in 0.81 (for those who don't use Ubuntu).  Do a "git checkout dev" to switch to the dev branch, which is 0.82.  It's fairly well tested but not officially released.  Then make again.  The makefile should work that time.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
take5

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:28:37 AM

Switching to the dev branch didn't work, but I'm not really sure if it actually downloaded it either. (my linux knowledge is still fairly limited) However I found some of the comments on github https://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory/issues/6, switched the .a to .so, and now it works. Smiley Thanks!
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:35:58 AM

Switching to the dev branch didn't work, but I'm not really sure if it actually downloaded it either. (my linux knowledge is still fairly limited) However I found some of the comments on github https://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory/issues/6, switched the .a to .so, and now it works. Smiley Thanks!

When you checkout a new branch, nothing actually is downloaded.  Or rather, it was already downloaded when you cloned the repo the first time, and switching to it only copies a couple files around.  Even for myself, sometimes the instant branch-switching makes me wonder if it actually did anything Smiley

Interesting that that was the solution...  I guess Fedora doesn't come with static python libraries.  *.so was the old way of doing it, but I ran into too many problems, so that's why I changed it.  I didn't realize some distros would be missing the *.a file...

Hope it's working out for you now!  And by the way, I just sent out your USB key Smiley

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:33:21 AM

make sure you use the git command:

Code:
git fetch --all

before switching branches.

One off NP-Hard.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 04:50:19 AM

Suggestions?

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:17:46 AM

Suggestions?

OK / Okay - pick one.  And do the keyboard shortcut letter underlining thing on all dialog buttons.

Is that what you meant?  I'm not sure I understood the question.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:18:43 PM

Suggestions?

OK / Okay - pick one.  And do the keyboard shortcut letter underlining thing on all dialog buttons.

Is that what you meant?  I'm not sure I understood the question.

Good call on Ok/Okay.  And underlines...

I have a tendency to be overly verbose, and of course I know what I am trying to do, but it's not always clear to others.   In this case, these dialogs have a lot of text, and I want to make sure it makes sense.  If I have a lot of words, they need to be good words Smiley

The first one (versioning) -- Armory now checks the github repo for versions.txt, and pops up this window on load if your version is older than the latest.

The second window is under File-->Export Log File.  I just wanted to make sure that users were aware of what information is in the log file before they send it to me.

Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:48:21 PM

Suggestions?

That looks great! I think the last button should be "Download now."

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:50:34 PM

Oh, I see.  In that case:

first dialog:

A "Get the latest version" link would be more concise than the whole "Please visit ... (http...) to get ..." bit.  Do you need to   write out the URL when you already provide a link?  Does the link have to have 'index.php/' in it?  That's kind of ugly.  Maybe a mod_rewrite rule could get rid of that part for you.

"through the update process" is superfluous.

second dialog:

"may be considered sensitive *by* some users"

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 07:27:35 PM

Oh, I see.  In that case:

first dialog:

A "Get the latest version" link would be more concise than the whole "Please visit ... (http...) to get ..." bit.  Do you need to   write out the URL when you already provide a link?  Does the link have to have 'index.php/' in it?  That's kind of ugly.  Maybe a mod_rewrite rule could get rid of that part for you.

"through the update process" is superfluous.

second dialog:

"may be considered sensitive *by* some users"

I included the URL because many users would prefer to copy and paste an obviously-correct URL into their browser, instead of clicking on a link (and/or they can look at the URL after clicking and verify it's the right place).  This is especially relevant because this software may be protecting tens of thousands of dollars, I want to make sure I end up in the right place.  I know, there's a billion ways that someone who injected code into Armory could cause havoc... but it's really for peace of mind of the security sensitive user.  Arguably, it's completely unnecesary, but I prefer it.

However, I'll see if I can remove the index.php part...

Thanks for the grammar checking, too.  I'll update that when I get home.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:03:21 AM

I included the URL because many users would prefer to copy and paste

Is "right-click > copy link" an option?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 05:18:58 AM

I included the URL because many users would prefer to copy and paste

Is "right-click > copy link" an option?

I don't mean that they prefer to copy and paste manually, but that they prefer to know what page/URL they are supposed to go to, and can enter it manually if they want.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 07:02:59 AM

I don't mean that they prefer to copy and paste manually, but that they prefer to know what page/URL they are supposed to go to, and can enter it manually if they want.

Right.  If I see a link I'm suspicious of clicking on, I'll often right-click it, copy, then paste into the browser bar and inspect it before hitting return.  If that's an option with your link then there's no need to write out the URL as well for them - they can just right-click and 'copy link' the same way they would with any other link they wanted to be sure about.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
traderjoe

Activity: 34
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:05:33 PM

I am receiving a security alert for the python 2.7.2150.1013 library that Armory installed.  Here is the advisory: http://secunia.com/advisories/48347/

Does anybody know how to upgrade the python library my armory is using to 2.7.3 without breaking anything?  (Unless the developer already has done that on the latest release).
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 06:55:42 PM

I am receiving a security alert for the python 2.7.2150.1013 library that Armory installed.  Here is the advisory: http://secunia.com/advisories/48347/

Does anybody know how to upgrade the python library my armory is using to 2.7.3 without breaking anything?  (Unless the developer already has done that on the latest release).

I'm not sure I totally understand this.  The security vulnerabilities seem to be unrelated to any of the python features that Armory is using.  Obviously, I will upgrade, though, before the next release.

I compiled on windows using 2.7.2, and Linux with 2.6.5.  I will upgrade windows to 2.7.3 and release 0.82 with it.  Upgrading python on Linux could be a little tricky/risky... I'm going to have to try it in a VM first

traderjoe

Activity: 34
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 07:30:11 PM

Thank you very much for deciding to upgrade the python library for the Windows release.  

I didn't totally understand the security advisory either.  But when it says anything about disclose potentially sensitive information, when an app like Armory is using it, not totally understanding the advisory makes me uncomfortable!  

I really like using Secunia PSI (freeware) because it is always finding software with known vulnerabilities from advisories published by the software authors themselves, & a lot of the time, the software doesn't upgrade or the automatic upgrade fails.  I highly recommend it for people using their computers to do bitcoin.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 07:36:11 PM

Thank you very much for deciding to upgrade the python library for the Windows release.  

I didn't totally understand the security advisory either.  But when it says anything about disclose potentially sensitive information, when an app like Armory is using it, not totally understanding the advisory makes me uncomfortable!  

I really like using Secunia PSI (freeware) because it is always finding software with known vulnerabilities published by the authors, & a lot of the time, the software doesn't upgrade or the automatic upgrade fails.  I highly recommend it for people using their computers to do bitcoin.

Traderjoe,

This is excellent information.  Thanks so much!  If you hadn't mentioned anything, I wouldn't have known that a program exists that matches known vulnerabilities with software you are running.  That's a great idea.  

I was just about to put out a testing release for 0.82.1.  I haven't compiled yet, but I have upgraded the Windows python installation, and will see if I can upgrade Linux python without hosing my system.  Worst case, the Linux versions won't be "patched", but I don't think it is a real issue anyway.  Maybe I can find a VM/OS that has 2.7.3  natively (12.04...?)

Thanks!

UPDATE: Ubuntu 12.04 comes with 2.7.3 by default.  So I'll start compiling my linux versions on that.  Then I don't have to risk breaking my development system!

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 07:40:55 PM

Maybe I can find a VM/OS that has 2.7.3  natively (12.04...?)

Confirmed. python 2.7.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: