Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json.  (Read 94772 times)
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:07:07 PM

My 5770 gets about 30 khash/s with scrypt... 1.4-1.5 khash/s mining YACoin (scrypt-jane NFactor=14). The website is not correct.

You aren't taking into account different NFactors. You can't just have a blanket "scrypt-jane" hashrate...

Yes thats true, but as long I am not having Yacoin I am not misleading anyone. Scrypt-jane table applies only to ultracoin. When I add more coins I will rearrange this.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

Ugh I'm sorry. 30 khash/s is what I got with UltraCoin at the previous NFactor. I was getting around 150 khash/s with scrypt, but according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison, people get up to 200 khash/s (depending on the maker of the card). So with the 5770, your site is somewhat accurate.

But yes, it doesn't take into account NFactor, so with YACoin, the results are very skewed. You are going to have issues though if you aren't taking into account VRAM. How accurate would you be with an R7 240 4GB?

Edit: I think it would go a long way to simply allow someone to edit the scrypt-jane, scrypt-n hash rates manually in addition to specifying the NFactor.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:45:56 PM

Ugh I'm sorry. 30 khash/s is what I got with UltraCoin at the previous NFactor. I was getting around 150 khash/s with scrypt, but according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison, people get up to 200 khash/s (depending on the maker of the card). So with the 5770, your site is somewhat accurate.

But yes, it doesn't take into account NFactor, so with YACoin, the results are very skewed. You are going to have issues though if you aren't taking into account VRAM. How accurate would you be with an R7 240 4GB?

Edit: I think it would go a long way to simply allow someone to edit the scrypt-jane, scrypt-n hash rates manually in addition to specifying the NFactor.

I have a hash rate database for most cards (both nvidia and amd) and algorithms and can help you out if you want.

That would be most welcome Smiley Can you pass me a link in a personal message?

I can send you some screenshots, but it took quite a bit of work, keep that in mind :p
Beave162

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:01:50 PM

BTW there is a profitability calculator for YACoin vs scrypt if you have the khash/s...

http://explorer.yacoin.org/static/calc.htm

ivanlabrie

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:08:16 PM

Yup, that works rather well...problem is the kh/s rates for all cards.

I can dig up the rates for the cards if you can integrate an N factor 14 calc into the site.

There are plenty of scrypt chacha coins but no one bothers including them in calculators normally, cause it's a bit too much work.
Based on Thirtybird's work I think it's possible to devise an algorithm to calculate performance based on shader count and ram size, as well as architecture.

You'd need a few more variables to adapt the charts to all cards and coins, but it would be the ultimate mining calc.
Beave162

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

Yup, that works rather well...problem is the kh/s rates for all cards.

I can dig up the rates for the cards if you can integrate an N factor 14 calc into the site.

There are plenty of scrypt chacha coins but no one bothers including them in calculators normally, cause it's a bit too much work.
Based on Thirtybird's work I think it's possible to devise an algorithm to calculate performance based on shader count and ram size, as well as architecture.

You'd need a few more variables to adapt the charts to all cards and coins, but it would be the ultimate mining calc.

+1
It really would be the best mining calculator

rolleirf

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:13:58 AM

Good job! I like this website, it will be better to add more algo such like X11 and more altcoin.

Different setting of GPUs will lead to various hash rate, so it is not necessary to match the actual hash rate for each algo.
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:19:59 AM

Thirty said to me in utc thread that he hasnt figured this out yet, so it is probably bloody complicated. But that is a great idea, probably a goal to be achived at some point.

I could make second row of data imput but then the first page will look like crap Tongue And the thing I am most worreid about. If I let people enter their own hashrate everything will be distorted in terms of profitability.
Someone would have to fill all the input fields(probably like 15 of them if I add all the factors), for the list to actually show correct coin relations.
Thats not very practical, but then there are cookies, so you would need to do it only once, as long as your hashrate does not change.

Ok, I will let people input their hashrates with the next update that will come with some coins and wait for feedback how it feels.

ivanlabrie

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:55:19 PM

Thirty said to me in utc thread that he hasnt figured this out yet, so it is probably bloody complicated. But that is a great idea, probably a goal to be achived at some point.

I could make second row of data imput but then the first page will look like crap Tongue And the thing I am most worreid about. If I let people enter their own hashrate everything will be distorted in terms of profitability.
Someone would have to fill all the input fields(probably like 15 of them if I add all the factors), for the list to actually show correct coin relations.
Thats not very practical, but then there are cookies, so you would need to do it only once, as long as your hashrate does not change.

Ok, I will let people input their hashrates with the next update that will come with some coins and wait for feedback how it feels.

I think manual input of hash rates for each coin/algo would be best for now...Adding a sample template for a few popular gpu models would be a good idea too. Let me know if you plan to implement that.
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:22:10 PM

Updated site with coins:

Hirocoin, darkcoin, heavycoin, myriad (scrypt for now, more to come).

You can specify your own hash rate and power consumption for every algo. Default values are still calculated from scrypt. It may be off for x11 and heavy power usage - got mixed reports.

fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 08:59:50 PM

Fluttercoin has been added.

Btw check that crazy low diff on hirocoin Wink

ivanlabrie

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:04:18 PM

Great work, your site is the best currently.  Cool
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:23:27 PM

Thank you Ivan for all the ideas, words and data you provided Smiley

I hope to attract more attention. Have to work on twitter profile, so much more to do Wink

DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:27:41 PM

Very nice site!

I'm new to mining so please forgive the noob question but how does one typically use this data? I mean, do you need to watch the screen all day to see which coins are at the top and then point your gear on them? I'm wondering if by the time you made the adjustments to mine the new coin, a bunch of large pools shifted over to it which could significantly lower the profitability.
fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:39:24 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 07:41:23 AM by fredeq

Very nice site!

I'm new to mining so please forgive the noob question but how does one typically use this data? I mean, do you need to watch the screen all day to see which coins are at the top and then point your gear on them? I'm wondering if by the time you made the adjustments to mine the new coin, a bunch of large pools shifted over to it which could significantly lower the profitability.

You are already wiser than me, when I started playing with mining Cheesy

You can check first few most profitable coins, go on their websites, check bitcointalk threads and see which ones you like the most. As you are new to this I would recommend sticking to scrypt algorithm coins for a while. Learn your rig, learn how it behaves then start experimenting with others. X11 are very good in terms of power usage. Still most people go for revenue in btc as ultimate mining factor - thats why my site is not sorted by profit.

If in doubt, look from the top and compare profitability with profitability24. The closer they are to each other, the better chance it will be around this value tomorrow.

Edit: block explorers for HIRO are not updated, data is not correct. All coins updating.

fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 07:12:54 PM

Added Caishen and Karmacoin.

You can now access json from the link on the index page.

fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:24:54 PM

Added Saturncoin and Auroracoin.

Feel free to suggest any coins, changes, anything.

fredeq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:35:06 PM

Added support for nfactor = 14 jane coins.
Added YACoin (nf14) and microCoin (nf12). Remember that nf14 is tricky to mine - gpu ram seems to be most important.

Future updates:
-add exchange volume to display in market cap column
-add profitability of 3 day / 7 day / 30 day as db catches more data

-add sha256 ASIC section

Beave162

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:21:06 PM

The site looks great. I'll definitely be a frequent visitor.

A couple suggestions/comments:

--I have an R7 240. I don't know what the X11 hash rate is, nor do I necessarily care. I want to zero out that parameter as not to skew the results, but I am not allowed to. Instead, I enter in a 1. This workaround is fine for my purposes, but I feel there should be another way. Maybe you can put a checkbox next to each algorithm?

--Scrypt-N vs scrypt-jane/scrypt-chacha is really no different for mining. The Scrypt-N could be renamed Jane hash rate (Nf10).

--I would suggest "NFactor 10", "NFactor 11", "NFactor 12" and so forth for the names of each grouping--I don't think there is another type of 'NFactor'. There are many coins with scrypt-chacha out there:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

--The other addition to put it over the top is again to have a 'Hardware Results (User Inputs)' link/section. People will surely rather rely on someone else's real world hash rate instead of going through the trouble of finding it themselves every time. Or you can just link to sairon's yacoin-specific version of what I'm talking about: http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Thanks again for this great site. Do you have a YAC address for me to send a tip?

ivanlabrie

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:20:28 PM

The site looks great. I'll definitely be a frequent visitor.

A couple suggestions/comments:

--I have an R7 240. I don't know what the X11 hash rate is, nor do I necessarily care. I want to zero out that parameter as not to skew the results, but I am not allowed to. Instead, I enter in a 1. This workaround is fine for my purposes, but I feel there should be another way. Maybe you can put a checkbox next to each algorithm?

--Scrypt-N vs scrypt-jane/scrypt-chacha is really no different for mining. The Scrypt-N could be renamed Jane hash rate (Nf10).

--I would suggest "NFactor 10", "NFactor 11", "NFactor 12" and so forth for the names of each grouping--I don't think there is another type of 'NFactor'. There are many coins with scrypt-chacha out there:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

--The other addition to put it over the top is again to have a 'Hardware Results (User Inputs)' link/section. People will surely rather rely on someone else's real world hash rate instead of going through the trouble of finding it themselves every time. Or you can just link to sairon's yacoin-specific version of what I'm talking about: http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Thanks again for this great site. Do you have a YAC address for me to send a tip?

Hey Beave, actually scrypt-n (like vert) is NOT scrypt chacha but normal scrypt (salsa) with a higher n factor of 11 vs 10.

As for the rest, good ideas, the checkbox thing would be nice, and adding an n factor calculator with a list of coins would make it the absolute best calc out there (which already kinda is Wink ).

I can give the op results for most cards, for all those algorithms, whenever he wants to implement a few presets.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: