Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:26:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
ozzke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

news update: stuff got done!   Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I_Collect_Geodes

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:33:37 PM

news update: stuff got done!   Tongue

YAY! STUFF GETTING DONE!!!
Covali

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:04:13 PM

so basically, PND is heading to the moon?
I_Collect_Geodes

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:14:03 PM

Moon talk. Why?
ozzke

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:26:58 PM

Moon talk. Why?

We're not dogecoin, we set realistic goals, moon talk is for kiddies. The PND community is more mature than that.

ozzke

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:28:48 PM

btw for the people who were bored and didn't know what to do for PND, you can spread the love
but you can also contact merchants like https://pock.io/ and https://prypto.com/ mail them, tweet to them to add PND
create a list with merchants like that (with email and/or twitter) and post them on reddit/bct so we have them all in 1 central place where people can find merchants to remind them to add pnd Wink

cryptonewstoday

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

PND will keep growing because the dev team works hard, not because of some kids who yell "moon" like some other coins try to do Wink
ozzke

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:43:51 PM

The Future and Problems of Crypto

It's friday, didn't get much sleep last night but that did give me a lot of time to think.

Current Crypto Problems with solutions

• Too many scamcoins: if noone invests in coins with ICO/IPO/Premine/Instamine the problem would solve itself. People who defend ICO/IPO by saying "but the devs can't work for free or they need money for promotion". Look at us. We manage to pull it off, build trust, build a community and create a community chest. Use that to finance features/marketing for which you really need money. If you need to get paid at the startup of your coin, it's obvious you don't have enough trust in yourself to pull it off.
  • Too many coins in general: This is quite normal in a relatively new industry, everyone will try to launch their own coin and get money out of it. Lots of devs even have multiple coins, people defending that "oh it was just a project and now I'm working on another project" should be shot. You don't leave a project until it's finished, if a coin failed, you've failed. If you handed the responsibility over to someone else, that's a different story. DO YOUR RESEARCH.
  • Too many plans, no real results: You've seen all those nice topics on bitcointalk with a development roadmap and/or whitepaper claiming that they are implementing something new! But it takes around 1-2 months of research but buy/mine coins now! That's just hyping to get the price up. How many real innovations have been made lately? Except for ours of course.
  • Scamcoins on exchanges: The exchanges have some responsibility here but in the end. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. The safest way is to invest in coins that have been around long enough.
  • Exchanges fucking up/failing/scamming: this is a tricky one, the general rule is "don't leave coins on exchanges". This however doesn't work, what if you want to buy/sell put some buysupport or sellwalls. If there is no trading, the coin has no value. This is a fundamental issue. Try to minimize your coins in exchanges, use exchanges that have been around for a long time with admins that are accessible. Oh and if an exchange wants to do a complete overhaul even though it's working perfectly, get everything out ASAP. Don't fix what isn't broken.
  • Cryptotraders and Manipulation: Another annoying one, too many big traders can break a coin. Then you get the effect of pump and dump. So many coins during the first week they have 300+BTC volume per day and if you check on them a few weeks later, they barely have 1 btc volume per day. Cryptotrading should be discouraged, crypto-investing should be encouraged. When you select a coin to invest in think the following: "Does it scare me if I couldn't sell it within 2-3 months?" if the answer is "Yes" then you shouldn't invest in that coin.

The Future of Crypto

In a few years there will only be a handful of coins left, I obviously assume that Pandacoin will be one of them since the team has the right vision. So many coins out there with no vision, just by trying to implement something new you really don't grow that big and stay big. Plenty of examples but I don't want to single out coins. You need to implement the right things at the right time with the right marketing.
Teams will become more professional. How many professional coin development teams are out there? Most are run by students with no real world experience, how do you expect them to make the coin you invest in big? We've already established a great team of industry professionals. If you don't have a team or just have 1 dev and 1 marketeer you're really not going to make it.
Countries will want to see transparancy, all those (claiming to be) anonymous coins will die out. Well maybe not all, maybe 1 or 2 will remain since it fills a certain nichemarket but it will never be accepted everywhere.
Commodity vs Currency: the main issue here is coinsupply. If you get paid for doing a job and you get 0.0001 of a coin or 1000 of a coin, which would be more interesting? It's a big psychological factor that a lot of people fail to see at this point. Bitcoin is a commodity at this point, it really isn't a currency. If you want a coin to be used as a currency you need quite a lot of coins to realize that (32 billion is a nice number). A lot of people have the impression that scarcity is good, coin will be worth a lot. This is fundamentally wrong.
Speed of transactions is also an issue, well mostly with Bitcoin, it takes forever for bitcoin transactions to complete. Most coins have this fixed but this is a fundamental flaw from Bitcoin.
We are heading into an exciting future, most coins will die but the ones that survive will be stronger and more popular than ever, Bitcoin will be overtaken in a few years.
Proof-of-stake vs Proof-of-work: In the current version Proof-of-Work doesn't really have a big future, it's impossible to mine bitcoin for example without having to buy an expensive miner which might not even pay for itself. This is the ASICs issue and 51% issue. Not going in details on this one but I believe that PoW has to change to have a chance to survive longterm. PoS on the other hand is perfect, gaining stakes for keeping the network secure, simple, elegant and effective solution.
Bitcoin has another issue that it's already so big that it's not flexible anymore. There are some other fundamental features that could/should be added to a coin to be a real longtime succes and currency and that's something that for Bitcoin will be almost impossible to do.

Where does Pandacoin fit in?

Well we've been around for around 8 months now, escaped the ASIC issue to POS. We have proven ourselves to deliver on our promises and have a lot more really cool stuff in store.
  • Great Vision: To grow outside of the current cryptoworld and get new crypto-investors you need to be easy to use/obtain/understand, even though 1 journalist thought this was a "niche" (smart)
  • Great realistic coinsupply: 32 billion
  • Great, professional dev team with a lot of experience
  • Great community
  • Realistic expectations
  • Focussed on users/walletholders rather than value
  • Fast transactions
  • Real useful future developments
  • Most secure Proof-of-Stake network out there with a difficult between 500 and 900 all the time
  • 2.5% interest per year because of Proof-of-Stake, just for keeping your wallet open
  • And everyone loves a panda!

This is all my personal opinion. Smiley

And I couldn't let it all go to waste on 1 page, took me a while to write damnit Tongue

Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:28:06 PM

Coin seems like it's doing well but honestly is wolong going to back this? If so panic buying will ensue.

WhalePanda

Activity: 163
Merit: 101

HODLing is an art, not just a word

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:32:00 PM

people sell, more stakes for me  Cool Kiss

cryptonewstoday

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:33:22 PM

Coin seems like it's doing well but honestly is wolong going to back this? If so panic buying will ensue.

nothing to do with him, this coin killed his crypto carreer.
sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

PND will keep growing because the dev team works hard, not because of some kids who yell "moon" like some other coins try to do Wink

Pandacoin is serious business!

What goes around comes around...
dicksausage

Activity: 220

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:14:33 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 07:32:46 PM by dicksausage

people sell, more stakes for me  Cool Kiss

tfw smalltime :^(

PND IS BEST COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LOVE
PND IS ONLY COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LIFE
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 07:34:49 PM

The Future and Problems of Crypto

It's friday, didn't get much sleep last night but that did give me a lot of time to think.

Current Crypto Problems with solutions

• Too many scamcoins: if noone invests in coins with ICO/IPO/Premine/Instamine the problem would solve itself. People who defend ICO/IPO by saying "but the devs can't work for free or they need money for promotion". Look at us. We manage to pull it off, build trust, build a community and create a community chest. Use that to finance features/marketing for which you really need money. If you need to get paid at the startup of your coin, it's obvious you don't have enough trust in yourself to pull it off.
  • Too many coins in general: This is quite normal in a relatively new industry, everyone will try to launch their own coin and get money out of it. Lots of devs even have multiple coins, people defending that "oh it was just a project and now I'm working on another project" should be shot. You don't leave a project until it's finished, if a coin failed, you've failed. If you handed the responsibility over to someone else, that's a different story. DO YOUR RESEARCH.
  • Too many plans, no real results: You've seen all those nice topics on bitcointalk with a development roadmap and/or whitepaper claiming that they are implementing something new! But it takes around 1-2 months of research but buy/mine coins now! That's just hyping to get the price up. How many real innovations have been made lately? Except for ours of course.
  • Scamcoins on exchanges: The exchanges have some responsibility here but in the end. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. The safest way is to invest in coins that have been around long enough.
  • Exchanges fucking up/failing/scamming: this is a tricky one, the general rule is "don't leave coins on exchanges". This however doesn't work, what if you want to buy/sell put some buysupport or sellwalls. If there is no trading, the coin has no value. This is a fundamental issue. Try to minimize your coins in exchanges, use exchanges that have been around for a long time with admins that are accessible. Oh and if an exchange wants to do a complete overhaul even though it's working perfectly, get everything out ASAP. Don't fix what isn't broken.
  • Cryptotraders and Manipulation: Another annoying one, too many big traders can break a coin. Then you get the effect of pump and dump. So many coins during the first week they have 300+BTC volume per day and if you check on them a few weeks later, they barely have 1 btc volume per day. Cryptotrading should be discouraged, crypto-investing should be encouraged. When you select a coin to invest in think the following: "Does it scare me if I couldn't sell it within 2-3 months?" if the answer is "Yes" then you shouldn't invest in that coin.

The Future of Crypto

In a few years there will only be a handful of coins left, I obviously assume that Pandacoin will be one of them since the team has the right vision. So many coins out there with no vision, just by trying to implement something new you really don't grow that big and stay big. Plenty of examples but I don't want to single out coins. You need to implement the right things at the right time with the right marketing.
Teams will become more professional. How many professional coin development teams are out there? Most are run by students with no real world experience, how do you expect them to make the coin you invest in big? We've already established a great team of industry professionals. If you don't have a team or just have 1 dev and 1 marketeer you're really not going to make it.
Countries will want to see transparancy, all those (claiming to be) anonymous coins will die out. Well maybe not all, maybe 1 or 2 will remain since it fills a certain nichemarket but it will never be accepted everywhere.
Commodity vs Currency: the main issue here is coinsupply. If you get paid for doing a job and you get 0.0001 of a coin or 1000 of a coin, which would be more interesting? It's a big psychological factor that a lot of people fail to see at this point. Bitcoin is a commodity at this point, it really isn't a currency. If you want a coin to be used as a currency you need quite a lot of coins to realize that (32 billion is a nice number). A lot of people have the impression that scarcity is good, coin will be worth a lot. This is fundamentally wrong.
Speed of transactions is also an issue, well mostly with Bitcoin, it takes forever for bitcoin transactions to complete. Most coins have this fixed but this is a fundamental flaw from Bitcoin.
We are heading into an exciting future, most coins will die but the ones that survive will be stronger and more popular than ever, Bitcoin will be overtaken in a few years.
Proof-of-stake vs Proof-of-work: In the current version Proof-of-Work doesn't really have a big future, it's impossible to mine bitcoin for example without having to buy an expensive miner which might not even pay for itself. This is the ASICs issue and 51% issue. Not going in details on this one but I believe that PoW has to change to have a chance to survive longterm. PoS on the other hand is perfect, gaining stakes for keeping the network secure, simple, elegant and effective solution.
Bitcoin has another issue that it's already so big that it's not flexible anymore. There are some other fundamental features that could/should be added to a coin to be a real longtime succes and currency and that's something that for Bitcoin will be almost impossible to do.

Where does Pandacoin fit in?

Well we've been around for around 8 months now, escaped the ASIC issue to POS. We have proven ourselves to deliver on our promises and have a lot more really cool stuff in store.
  • Great Vision: To grow outside of the current cryptoworld and get new crypto-investors you need to be easy to use/obtain/understand, even though 1 journalist thought this was a "niche" (smart)
  • Great realistic coinsupply: 32 billion
  • Great, professional dev team with a lot of experience
  • Great community
  • Realistic expectations
  • Focussed on users/walletholders rather than value
  • Fast transactions
  • Real useful future developments
  • Most secure Proof-of-Stake network out there with a difficult between 500 and 900 all the time
  • 2.5% interest per year because of Proof-of-Stake, just for keeping your wallet open
  • And everyone loves a panda!

This is all my personal opinion. Smiley

And I couldn't let it all go to waste on 1 page, took me a while to write damnit Tongue

This post makes a lot of really good points. I would be open to a partnership between Pandacoin and our coin HYPER (a proof of stake gaming cryptocurrency with many live game servers that integrate the currency). Would be interested to hear from the community how we could mutually benefit one another.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
rmd73

Activity: 385
Merit: 252

Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:49:41 PM

people sell, more stakes for me  Cool Kiss

tfw smalltime :^(

tfw minuscule but healthy :^)

Orbitcoin (ORB) -- oRMG7Fdft6YiQbn9p9rZpo8VNab9gU3bv4 , OKcash (OK) -- PTiT97X9GkxESiWnpAHA5j46Wb7wz9zdTu ,
Europecoin (ERC) v3 -- EJZwagsubfxn1xeB4JmztAWitgTPty3FzN , BitSend (BSD) -- iMYtWqD3pPVcV4yo9okrN7gixvQ3nRYRnz
BachMann

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:26:36 PM

So I was playing around with API's and found that Swisscex gives you way too much Information through their API.

So here is a Warning for everybody trading on Swisscex. You should know that everybody who knows how to request Data via an API can see your trades, with your email attached to it. The seller and buyer of the coin are identified by their Account Id and email. Here is an example:

• => Array
                (
                    [createdAt] => 1413572196441
                    [updatedAt] => 1413572196442
                    [id] => 207715
                    [buyer] => Array
                        (
                            [createdAt] => 1391265555695
                            [updatedAt] => 1391265555695
                            [id] => 207
                            [email] => mr******@yahoo.com
                        )

[seller] => Array
                        (
                            [createdAt] => 1409169166744
                            [updatedAt] => 1412470544478
                            [id] => 14311
                            [email] => za******@Gmail.com
                        )
                    }

I censored the emails here.

Be aware if you trade on Swisscex, anybody can see the email you used to sign up and what coins you bought/sold.
I'm not saying don't trade on Swisscex but I thought you should know this.
Linux_Mint_Pal

Activity: 196

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:42:41 PM

So I was playing around with API's and found that Swisscex gives you way too much Information through their API.

So here is a Warning for everybody trading on Swisscex. You should know that everybody who knows how to request Data via an API can see your trades, with your email attached to it. The seller and buyer of the coin are identified by their Account Id and email. Here is an example:

• => Array
                (
                    [createdAt] => 1413572196441
                    [updatedAt] => 1413572196442
                    [id] => 207715
                    [buyer] => Array
                        (
                            [createdAt] => 1391265555695
                            [updatedAt] => 1391265555695
                            [id] => 207
                            [email] => mr******@yahoo.com
                        )

[seller] => Array
                        (
                            [createdAt] => 1409169166744
                            [updatedAt] => 1412470544478
                            [id] => 14311
                            [email] => za******@Gmail.com
                        )
                    }

I censored the emails here.

Be aware if you trade on Swisscex, anybody can see the email you used to sign up and what coins you bought/sold.
I'm not saying don't trade on Swisscex but I thought you should know this.

Thank you for letting us know. Smiley

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
Linux_Mint_Pal

Activity: 196

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

Public Announcement:

Please vote Pandacoin for best Proof of Stake currency here!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786993.100

Note: If you are unable to vote, it means either you have already voted or you do not have enough posts to be allowed to vote!

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
VDechand

Activity: 358

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:32:57 PM

Public Announcement:

Please vote Pandacoin for best Proof of Stake currency here!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786993.100

Note: If you are unable to vote, it means either you have already voted or you do not have enough posts to be allowed to vote!

Blackcoin 53.... Panda need more votes Shocked
VanessaE

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:08:42 AM

@VDechand  we're trying Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: