Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:43:29 PM

why don´t go the price up??
Patience is a virtue and raiuk is a poser!

What goes around comes around...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notpanda8

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:20:59 PM

easy, because there is are humongous amounts of pnd in sell, 300 btc in sell, over 500 millons pnd on sell and low demand, we can easily go back to one satoshi and more cheat PND for dumpers to buy and them sell in a higer price, even more that they will be able to pick a wallet open it, buy 300 millons pnd at 1 satoshi and then sell it at 9 satoshi.

also, when you are at the bottom the only way is up.
i8

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:43:01 PM

PND price not going up because BTC is getting pumped. When ever BTC goes up, other alts tend to go down as traders get their funds into BTC.

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ Pandacoin is LOVE! ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
mynamehere

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:23:57 PM

Many a factor: the price of BTC, people upset the new wallet has not been released (even though the devs explained this one), quick profit, dumpers; a combination of these and there are others that have their own reasons. Try not to pay to much attention to price and think about what the devs are doing for the coin, and alt-crypto in general. Panic sells and band-wagon buys really do not a coin make; but a higher price does make most everyone happy.  Grin
rmd73

Activity: 385
Merit: 252

Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:32:24 PM

Many a factor: the price of BTC, people upset the new wallet has not been released (even though the devs explained this one), quick profit, dumpers; a combination of these and there are others that have their own reasons. Try not to pay to much attention to price and think about what the devs are doing for the coin, and alt-crypto in general. Panic sells and band-wagon buys really do not a coin make; but a higher price does make most everyone happy.  Grin
Quoted for truth.

I also add "because, sadly, too many users don't bother to read http://pandacoinpnd.org/cryptocrashcourse/ thinking they know enough to trade alt-coins" Smiley

Orbitcoin (ORB) -- oRMG7Fdft6YiQbn9p9rZpo8VNab9gU3bv4 , OKcash (OK) -- PTiT97X9GkxESiWnpAHA5j46Wb7wz9zdTu ,
Europecoin (ERC) v3 -- EJZwagsubfxn1xeB4JmztAWitgTPty3FzN , BitSend (BSD) -- iMYtWqD3pPVcV4yo9okrN7gixvQ3nRYRnz
notpanda8

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

soon
MilesPorter1

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:18:38 PM

Hello, hopefully some one can help me. I am trying to encrypt my Pandabank wallet but the option under settings is greyed out. How do I proceed? Any help very much appreciated x
Maurizio

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:40:46 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 12:06:04 AM by Maurizio

Can always happen that someone got in troubles or personal issues
but the announcement to deliver in 7 days and then no more concrete
infos about the timeline is critical for a coin that is no pump and dump
cause from outside (for those who don`t not much yet about pnd)
 that looks and had the same effect like market manipulation
if you take a look at the charts.
(don`t scream and yelling, we all apreciate the hard work of the devs)

I hope a lot new people found the way to PND and profited from the cheap coins.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Caze

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:17:34 AM

Can always happen that someone got in troubles or personal issues
but the announcement to deliver in 7 days and then no more concrete
infos about the timeline is critical for a coin that is no pump and dump
cause from outside that looks and had the same effect like market manipulation
if you take a look at the charts.
(don`t scream and yelling, we all apreciate the hard work of the devs)

I hope a lot new people found the way to PND and profited from the cheap coins.

I completely agree. The recent price drop is most likely, at least partly, caused by this delay and I think the PR team could have handled this better. They should have made some kind of more official announcement (twitter, facebook, google+, etc) when it was starting to become obvious that they wouldn't be meeting the deadline with the update. I don't count a single dev post on bct telling about the delay very official or being sufficient.
PndaSanta

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:41:34 AM

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Price for PND has been stable around 1-1.2 mill market cap. It's bitcoin price going up that caused the change in value in terms of satoshi. But with USD value it's still the same.
Caze

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:00:51 AM

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Price for PND has been stable around 1-1.2 mill market cap. It's bitcoin price going up that caused the change in value in terms of satoshi. But with USD value it's still the same.

Nothing is wrong with us. Smiley
I'm well aware that our market cap stayed about the same (it did dip to around 950k a couple of times though) and I did say that the delay was/is (most likely) only partly the reason why the price has dropped compared to BTC. One other reason being, like you said, the sudden increase in BTC price making people cash out.
chiksilog

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:20:24 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 01:34:37 AM by chiksilog

Hi Pandas,

I started getting this error today in Pandabank and it won't start successfully now:

https://i.imgur.com/rDQW7Am.png

I have tried uninstall and install but still no go. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind
1) Renamed C:\Users\<foobar>\AppData\Roaming\Pandacoin to PandacoinBackup
2) Start pandabank and it created the C:\Users\<foobar>\AppData\Roaming\Pandacoin directory again
3) Close pandabank, copy wallet.dat from C:\Users\<foobar>\AppData\Roaming\PandacoinBackup to C:\Users\<foobar>\AppData\Roaming\Pandacoin
4) Started pandabank again and now it's synchronizing
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:12:24 AM

I'm confused, is this the coin made by Wolong or do they just share the same symbol?
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:19:18 AM

I'm confused, is this the coin made by Wolong or do they just share the same symbol?
It is not made by wolong and they do not share same symbol. Wolongs scam coin was PANDA. This is PND.

notpanda8

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:08:45 AM

as far i know this coin was create to fight the scam coin of wolongs as was born for,pandas deserve better, but that is not the only end of this coin. 
notpanda8

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:10:24 AM

Dont forget to vote for pnd

https://hitbtc.com/vote

https://bter.com/voting#PND

also some free pnd

http://pandacoin.altcoinfaucet.net/

and always dont forget to stake

cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:03:49 AM

Friendly reminder to come over to the IRC and join the chat at #pandacoinPND @ irc.freenode.com
PhiPhi

Activity: 135

✯Empowering the Influencer Economy✯

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:52:03 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 12:05:38 PM by PhiPhi

First and foremost I want to state that I'm very impressed with the dev teams efforts to date and they genuinely have my utmost respect.

I've been an avid fan of PND since I got interested in crypto about 3 months ago and I just wanted to relate my experiences, thoughts and hopefully add some useful feedback for the Dev team.

Crypto Crash Course
It was obvious from the first viewing that a lot of real thought and effort had gone into the http://pandacoinpnd.org/ website and someone (LMP I suspect) has gone to great lengths to simplfy what are for many difficult technical concepts.  I still have difficulty in understanding the blockchain and how PoS operates even after reading the crypto crash course I think it would be useful to have some infographics in the guide similar this one . http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--os0a1g1U--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ayn5lkolza8khylf9rsz.png

pandacoinpnd.org
Needs more languages otherwise it's "Cryptocurrency for the masses if you speak English or Mandarin"

The charities section is a good idea but how about keeping the theme "for the masses" allow PND'rs to nominate and represent charities, maybe have a lotto with paid for entries and distribute determined on votes,  charities and reps would have to validate but the grass roots charities can actually save lives with as little as 1m PND i.e buys a lot of mosquito nets or deworming tablets.

IRC
I had never used IRC before but it is heavily promoted here and on PandacoinPND.org but signing up is a PIA, it would be nice to have to ability for non tecchie users to sign-up (register their nick) and revisit via a simple form on  PandacoinPND.org.  Unfortunately I don't believe the masses are willing or able to go through the  "/msg nickserv register $password" rigmarole without assistance.  Also it would be useful to have a link to some recommended IRC clients with setup instructions.

I eventually downloaded Hexachat managed to register my nick and join #pandacoinPND, observed for a while and felt like the real know-nothing noob I was but I was determined give it a go and really glad I did as there is a really friendly, fun, helpful community spirit there. The biggest barrier for me was the crypto lingo, sats, lits, sluttydrops, etc, however the best fun I've had on IRC is with the varied topics that come up which have nothing to do with PND, you should let people know about that, everything from cooking to quantum physics is welcomed.

The Dev Team
Without breaching anonymity (if required) it would nice to have a little intro the the dev team and more reassuring for those new to crypto coin.  A really radical suggestion, a declaration of PND holdings by the dev team, personally I don't care if it's 2bn each but even a collective statement would inspire confidence.

Panda Bank
Unless I've missed it a way to annotate transactions is needed, I understand that it would be wallet only and not on the blockchain (would be nice on the blockchain) but really as long as there's been currency and barter people want to account for it and record it.  I believe this could be huge insomuch that I could code each of my transactions, export to CSV and import to an accounting system or spreadsheet without too much effort.

Also I cannot find any information on Sign Message and Verify Message options in PandaPank, looks like it could be useful but not what it is and intended uses.

BuyPND
I brought my first big (for me) amount of PND from Jommy99 at buypnd.com via PayPal, the rates were fair reletive to the PND/USD price on Bleutrade so I made 2 more purchases, with my plan being to purchase a little each week as my funds allowed.  Unfortunately my understanding is that people started to abuse the site and were charging back after they'd received their PND and as a result the PND exchange rates went sky high to reflect the risk.  BuyPND.com is an essential piece of the puzzle in getting the masses to adopt PND, it has the lowest amount of friction for getting into PND for the average user.  It is difficult for me to get BTC even though we have a BTC/Fiat exchange in my country I am not comfortable with the amount of data they need to collect and report to the powers that be, that left me to venture into cloud mining which was an unmitigated loss making disaster.  As I stated I was/am still fairly green in the crypto currency world but I did luck out with PND, much of the other stuff going on out there is a shark infested cesspool.

The only fix for this I can think of is a delayed staking payout run by buyPND which is a massive development compared to what they have now.  Essentially if you use buyPND you are committing your fiat for 40 days (PayPal chargeback period I think), the money goes into a buyPND wallet and is staked after 40 days it is sent to you with staking interest.  This is not a good solution for short termers but long termers should not be too worried.  From my dealings with Jommy99 and buyPND I would say he is genuine and as trustworthy if not more so than any other internet store selling goods.  Regardless we need some brainpower on this if we want to get PND out to the masses.  In reality not much different from a time locked high interest account.

Mobile
Android app was nice to see but the high transfer fee was ambiguous and off putting as it wasn't overtly declared. Weekdays Mobile space is my world, PC time is late nights and weekends, I feel this is being ignored or de-prioritised but PND portability on Android and IOS is a big win.  The bounties for mobile development are not exactly enticing for a quality app.

Summary
I wrote the above with one of my thoughts being of how would I get my friends (a majority of whom are in their fifties with high liquidity) to take a little punt on PND and what are the barriers at this point in time?  Rightly or wrongly I am of the opinion that it is not easy for the dev team to distance themselves from their own intimate understanding of PND although it is clear they have made an effort to when communicating to us. The tagline "Easy to use, buy, mine and understand" currently is not accurate "Easier to use, buy, mine and understand" is more apt for now.

I maybe totally off base but given the response of the community I suspect that there is a percentage of PND long term holders who would be happy to help contribute in terms of services and support i.e I would be happy to do a basic English language IRC windows tutorial for new users or help with a Thai translation of the website.

Finally a big Thank You to Linux_Mint_Pal, Cadexn, Jorri, War_Panda, Jommy99 and the rest of the IRC regulars and of course Ozzke.

bdanyo

Activity: 322

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:04:51 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 12:19:26 PM by bdanyo

First and foremost I want to state that I'm very impressed with the dev teams efforts to date and they genuinely have my utmost respect.

I've been an avid fan of PND since I got interested in crypto about 3 months ago and I just wanted to relate my experiences, thoughts and hopefully add some useful feedback for the Dev team.

Crypto Crash Course
It was obvious from the first viewing that a lot of real thought and effort had gone into the http://pandacoinpnd.org/ website and someone (LMP I suspect) has gone to great lengths to simplfy what are for many difficult technical concepts.  I still have difficulty in understanding the blockchain and how PoS operates even after reading the crypto crash course I think it would be useful to have some infographics in the guide similar this one . http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--os0a1g1U--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ayn5lkolza8khylf9rsz.png

pandacoinpnd.org
Needs more languages otherwise it's "Cryptocurrency for the masses if you speak English or Mandarin"

The charities section is a good idea but how about keeping the theme "for the masses" allow PND'rs to nominate and represent charities, maybe have a lotto with paid for entries and distribute determined on votes,  charities and reps would have to validate but the grass roots charities can actually save lives with as little as 1m PND i.e buys a lot of mosquito nets or deworming tablets.

IRC
I had never used IRC before but it is heavily promoted here and on PandacoinPND.org but signing up is a PIA, it would be nice to have to ability for non tecchie users to sign-up (register their nick) and revisit via a simple form on  PandacoinPND.org.  Unfortunately I don't believe the masses are willing or able to go through the  "/msg nickserv register $password" rigmarole without assistance.  Also it would be useful to have a link to some recommended IRC clients with setup instructions.

I eventually downloaded Hexachat managed to register my nick and join #pandacoinPND, observed for a while and felt like the real know-nothing noob I was but I was determined give it a go and really glad I did as there is a really friendly, fun, helpful community spirit there. The biggest barrier for me was the crypto lingo, sats, lits, sluttydrops, etc, however the best fun I've had on IRC is with the varied topics that come up which have nothing to do with PND, you should let people know about that, everything from cooking to quantum physics is welcomed.

The Dev Team
Without breaching anonymity (if required) it would nice to have a little intro the the dev team and more reassuring for those new to crypto coin.  A really radical suggestion, a declaration of PND holdings by the dev team, personally I don't care if it's 2bn each but even a collective statement would inspire confidence.

Panda Bank
Unless I've missed it a way to annotate transactions is needed, I understand that it would be wallet only and not on the blockchain (would be nice on the blockchain) but really as long as there's been currency and barter people want to account for it and record it.  I believe this could be huge insomuch that I could code each of my transactions, export to CSV and import to an accounting system or spreadsheet without too much effort.

Also I cannot find any information on Sign Message and Verify Message options in PandaPank, looks like it could be useful but not what it is and intended uses.

BuyPND
I brought my first big (for me) amount of PND from Jommy99 at buypnd.com via PayPal, the rates were fair reletive to the PND/USD price on Bleutrade so I made 2 more purchases, with my plan being to purchase a little each week as my funds allowed.  Unfortunately my understanding is that people started to abuse the site and were charging back after they'd received their PND and as a result the PND exchange rates went sky high to reflect the risk.  BuyPND.com is an essential piece of the puzzle in getting the masses to adopt PND, it has the lowest amount of friction for getting into PND for the average user.  It is difficult for me to get BTC even though we have a BTC/Fiat exchange in my country I am not comfortable with the amount of data they need to collect and report to the powers that be, that left me to venture into cloud mining which was an unmitigated loss making disaster.  As I stated I was/am still fairly green in the crypto currency world but I did luck out with PND, much of the other stuff going on out there is a shark infested cesspool.

The only fix for this I can think of is a delayed staking payout run by buyPND which is a massive development compared to what they have now.  Essentially if you use buyPND you are committing your fiat for 40 days (PayPal chargeback period I think), the money goes into a buyPND wallet and is staked after 40 days it is sent to you with staking interest.  This is not a good solution for short termers but long termers should not be too worried.  From my dealings with Jommy99 and buyPND I would say he is genuine and as trustworthy if not more so than any other internet store selling goods.  Regardless we need some brainpower on this if we want to get PND out to the masses.  In reality not much different from a time locked high interest account.

Mobile
Android app was nice to see but the high transfer fee was ambiguous and off putting as it wasn't overtly declared. Weekdays Mobile space is my world, PC time is late nights and weekends, I feel this is being ignored or de-prioritised but PND portability on Android and IOS is a big win.  The bounties for mobile development are not exactly enticing for a quality app.

Summary
I wrote the above with one of my thoughts being of how would I get my friends (a majority of whom are in their fifties with high liquidity) to take a little punt on PND and what are the barriers at this point in time?  Rightly or wrongly I am of the opinion that it is not easy for the dev team to distance themselves from their own intimate understanding of PND although it is clear they have made an effort to when communicating to us. The tagline "Easy to use, buy, mine and understand" currently is not accurate "Easier to use, buy, mine and understand" is more apt for now.

I maybe totally off base but given the response of the community I suspect that there is a percentage of PND long term holders who would be happy to help contribute in terms of services and support i.e I would be happy to do a basic English language IRC windows tutorial for new users or help with a Thai translation of the website.

Finally a big Thank You to Linux_Mint_Pal, Cadexn, Jorri, War_Panda, Jommy99 and the rest of the IRC regulars.

First and foremost would like to thank you for your support and feedback PhiPhi. I would like to address multiple points raised in your thoughtful and detailed post.

The current infrastructure that you see today is just the start. Like any start up company, a foundation is required to be built in order to initially acquire marketshare and users by positioning themselves with key product differentiation (Easy to use, mine, buy and understand) in a highly competitive market.

Our approach to developments consists of a mixture of reactive listening to (certain) feedback from our community, mixed in with our own internal analysis of the current space, and anticipation/projection of upcoming trends in regards to the direction that the entire digital decentralized currency space is heading overall.

What you see existing today is just the tip of the iceberg, and the existing infrastructure will be continually improved in the direction that we have marketed - simplicity and ease of use, without sacrificing being behind in core technologies (ie dogecoin and bitcoin's stagnation in technological improvements). Our motive is to solve existing and future problems for the end user that usually saturates any new and developing space. We had chosen strategically to develop certain projects first and in a certain chronological order with intention to have Pandacoin as a more marketable 'product' by focusing on making it easy for the average Joe's and Jane's to get acquainted with the exciting world of cryptocurrencies.

That being said, we have the following remarks as per your feedback -

Crypto Crash Course - This is where a short video series will be produced, in order to summarzie and simplify the commonly perceived difficult technical concepts in approximately 2-3 mins each. A visual medium backed by graphics is superior to text based explanations.

Pandacoin Homepage Language support - We already are working on Spanish, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese translation and support of the homepage, along with ALL of the Crypto Crash Course materials, and PandaBank. This is a continual work in progress, and all major language supports will be added over time.

IRC - The very nature of having usage of IRC by our community is due to the nature of most early adopters of cryptocurrencies - they are more tech inclined and savvy. We have intentions to grow and cultivate our communities in social mediums that are more mainstream. These include - Reddit, Facebook, Twitter and our very own forum that will be released along with the crowdsourcing platform where users will be able to interact with the development team and suggest ideas for projects to host on the platform.

PandaBank - Your suggestion is in our development roadmap ahead. Again as previously stated, we have so many projects to work on, but we have to remain disciplined and do it in the strategic order as decided by the team that will benefit the community the most, bring in new users and position ourselves as thought leaders in the space.

Sign Message and Verify - Please elaborate, as in the uses of it are not clearly defined from the user's perspective?

BuyPND - We are aware of the issues of with it. Options are being investigated to make it easier for new comers to obtain PNDs. We agree that it is an essential piece of the puzzle, and rest assured that we are taking this very seriously to ensure that new users don't have to go through the complicated process of obtaining their PND via exchanges. Though looking at sales data for BuyPND, sales are still very strong, with a 67% growth in sales volume compared to the month before. Most overlook the fact that a LARGE majority of the volume is being transacted there currently, which speaks volumes (pun unintended) about the type of users that we are starting to get into.

I repeat - we will do something about this, and this is classed as a high priority concern for our team.

Mobile - The future of cryptocurrency is going to be battled out on the mobile platform, when purchases with cryptocurrencies occur at brick and mortar stores become common place. We are hyper-aware of this, and we have very interesting world first developments to pursue later down the track regarding mobile applications and how future users can interact with Pandacoin when they are out and about. Again I would like to refer to my previous statement of having a strategic development order to pursue.

PhiPhi

Activity: 135

✯Empowering the Influencer Economy✯

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:21:41 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 03:55:44 AM by PhiPhi

Bdanyo

Thank you for your careful, considered and very timely response.

I'm satisfied.

Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: