Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:22:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
bdanyo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 10:35:28 AM

CryptoArticles.com - NEW PANDACOIN UPDATE REDUCES BLOCKCHAIN DOWNLOAD TIMES BY 5000%. DUAL MODE WALLET WITH INBUILT LIGHTWALLET

"November 17th, 2014: Pandacoin (PND) released a major update today to their ‘Crypto-Banking’ wallet – PandaBank, making it the  cryptocurrency main storage client with the ability to switch to a lightweight version of the client, ‘PandaBank Lite’. Pandacoin’s main wallet mode is now called ‘PandaBank Hybrid’, integrated with ‘Instant Sync Technology’ (IST) and ‘Rapid Blockchain Download’ (RBD); allowing their new users to immediately synchronize with the blockchain and utilize their Pandacoins right after installation of the client, and reducing the time to download the entire blockchain from 4 to 24 hours, down to 5 to 15 minutes..."

View the rest of the article here - http://www.cryptoarticles.com/press-releases/new-pandacoin-update-reduces-blockchain-download-times-by-5000

ThePaypers.com - Pandacoin releases new hybrid digital wallet

"Pandacoin, a cryptocurrency payments processor, has released a new version of the hybrid cryptocurrency wallet, forexminute.com reports.

The word ‘hybrid’ means, in the context, delivering a coin storage client that could switch to its lightweight version ‘Pandacoin Lite’. Its developing team has thus come up with ‘PandaBank Hybrid’, a storage client that could perform the switching...."

View the rest of the article here - http://www.thepaypers.com//cryptocurrencies-bitcoin-virtual-currencies/pandacoin-releases-new-hybrid-digital-wallet/757430-39

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeroz

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:11:46 AM

Butters is a PND holder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqDn7Dn24A

mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:07:15 PM

CryptoArticles.com - NEW PANDACOIN UPDATE REDUCES BLOCKCHAIN DOWNLOAD TIMES BY 5000%. DUAL MODE WALLET WITH INBUILT LIGHTWALLET

"November 17th, 2014: Pandacoin (PND) released a major update today to their ‘Crypto-Banking’ wallet – PandaBank, making it the  cryptocurrency main storage client with the ability to switch to a lightweight version of the client, ‘PandaBank Lite’. Pandacoin’s main wallet mode is now called ‘PandaBank Hybrid’, integrated with ‘Instant Sync Technology’ (IST) and ‘Rapid Blockchain Download’ (RBD); allowing their new users to immediately synchronize with the blockchain and utilize their Pandacoins right after installation of the client, and reducing the time to download the entire blockchain from 4 to 24 hours, down to 5 to 15 minutes..."

View the rest of the article here - http://www.cryptoarticles.com/press-releases/new-pandacoin-update-reduces-blockchain-download-times-by-5000

"Pandacoin, a cryptocurrency payments processor, has released a new version of the hybrid cryptocurrency wallet, forexminute.com reports.

The word ‘hybrid’ means, in the context, delivering a coin storage client that could switch to its lightweight version ‘Pandacoin Lite’. Its developing team has thus come up with ‘PandaBank Hybrid’, a storage client that could perform the switching...."

View the rest of the article here - http://www.thepaypers.com//cryptocurrencies-bitcoin-virtual-currencies/pandacoin-releases-new-hybrid-digital-wallet/757430-39

They Cryptoarticles article states that
‘Instant Sync Technology’ synchronizes with the Pandacoin network immediately, so users don’t have to resort to a lightweight client if they want to see and utilize their Pandacoins immediately, and still be able to earn 2.5% annual interest and help secure the Pandacoin network.
which, if I understand correctly, is wrong.

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
Linux_Mint_Pal

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:31:48 PM

They Cryptoarticles article states that
‘Instant Sync Technology’ synchronizes with the Pandacoin network immediately, so users don’t have to resort to a lightweight client if they want to see and utilize their Pandacoins immediately, and still be able to earn 2.5% annual interest and help secure the Pandacoin network.
which, if I understand correctly, is wrong.

It's certainly a tad imprecise, but it's not "wrong".

The Instant Sync Tech allows the Pandabank to show your balance instantly, so you don't need to resort to a lightweight client if you want to see and use your Pandacoins right away. That said, it doesn't sync ENTIRELY, so you DO have to wait the whole 5-10 minutes or so before PoS staking begins to occur, but the article merely states that you can SEE and UTILIZE your Pandacoins immediately, which is technically correct.

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:49:53 PM

Oh, I've read it 7 times and kinda get it now. It read it like it's the IST that enables you to stake with a lite wallet.

Anyway, here's my sync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxsvR47fsyA
I delete the blockchain and it starts syncing at 0:10, and starts Veryfing at 2:35. It's just as if the computer's resources are the limit. Impressive!

I wasn't able to add music to it, but put this in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjnf7vmGqdc

Have fun!

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
Linux_Mint_Pal

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:22:42 PM

Oh, I've read it 7 times and kinda get it now. It read it like it's the IST that enables you to stake with a lite wallet.

It doesn't.

It just instant-syncs the FULL wallet just enough so that you can see your balance and use the wallet, and THEN it syncs with the rest of the blockchain so you can stake. So it is still the full, core wallet, but it syncs faster than any Lite wallet I've ever seen, used, or heard of Smiley

Pandacoin Intergalactic Craft ready for full burn. Commencing diagnostic sequence.
chiksilog

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

Hi Devs,

First of all thanks for releasing the latest Pandabank, can't wait to try it out. I have a quesion. I have pandabank running on my PC. I have an ARM based NAS, I have downloaded the pandabank source and am building the headless version now. Can I stake 24/7 on my NAS using the headless version? If yes and I import my wallet to the headless version, can I still use the same wallet on the Windows Pandabank? How will staking work then when I'm using my PC playing games or watching videos while Windows Pandabank is running on my PC and the Headless pandabank running on my NAS?

Looking forward to your reply.
 Smiley
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:38:43 PM

Bounty/Giveaway

We're going to do a little competition here. Who can do the fastest full sync?

I want you to make a video of a full sync, upload it on Mega (or something similar) and put the link here on bitcointalk, or poke me on twitter (@OzzkePND) or post it on Reddit.

This competition will run until Friday (21st) 11 AM GMT. The winner will get 500,000 PND. By sending me the link you also forfeit your rights and allow us to upload it on youtube and you will be an example for all! Wink

Requirements:

• Video should end when Verifying starts
  • Video should be uploaded on Mega (or similar)
  • Video should have some upbeat electronic music (no vocals)
  • Video should start when you launch your PandaBank with no wallet.dat
  • Has to be windows build! (sorry but Linux is cheating because it's even faster but almost noone uses it)
  • If you try to cheat you will of course forfait the competition.

Current leader in the competition is 3 mins 58 seconds.

so not many people are interested in the 500k PND reward? Tongue
*cough* 750k
your 500 plus my 250. I still think we should create a pool. But really this would have been a good viral pr push when it was launched the other day. Still works.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Linux_Mint_Pal

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

Bounty/Giveaway

I want you to make a video of a full sync, upload it on Mega (or something similar) and put the link here on bitcointalk, or poke me on twitter (@OzzkePND) or post it on Reddit.

This competition will run until Friday (21st) 11 AM GMT. The winner will get 500,000 PND. By sending me the link you also forfeit your rights and allow us to upload it on youtube and you will be an example for all! Wink

Requirements:

• Has to be windows build! (sorry but Linux is cheating because it's even faster but almost noone uses it)

*cough* 750k
your 500 plus my 250. I still think we should create a pool. But really this would have been a good viral pr push when it was launched the other day. Still works.

I would love to participate but I feel like that would be unfair xD Come to think of it, Ozzke would probably beat me.

Pelgoran98

Activity: 328

It'd be nice.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:26:15 PM

Speaking of staking... Two Q's: 1~ May I assume it is safe to keep my wallet running in the background most of the time? And 2~ I notice that often there are only 35 or so active connections to the PandaBank network when I scroll over the icon at the bottom of the Bank frame. Isn't that awfully low? Thank you.
ozzke

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:32:29 PM

Speaking of staking... Two Q's: 1~ May I assume it is safe to keep my wallet running in the background most of the time? And 2~ I notice that often there are only 35 or so active connections to the PandaBank network when I scroll over the icon at the bottom of the Bank frame. Isn't that awfully low? Thank you.

1) Of course it's safe
2) That's not the amount of connections, that's the connections you're in direct contact with. Your connection goes to person B, person B might have 25 or 45 connections in his network and they can (in theory) all be different than yours Smiley it's how Peer to Peer works.

ozzke

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:35:13 PM

Bounty/Giveaway

Requirements:

*cough* 750k

Well not a lot of people seem to be interested in it... Sadly. Got mtrycz's fast sync and the fastest windows one is still the same... Slackers  Undecided

Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

1) Of course it's safe
2) That's not the amount of connections, that's the connections you're in direct contact with. Your connection goes to person B, person B might have 25 or 45 connections in his network and they can (in theory) all be different than yours Smiley it's how Peer to Peer works.

Thanks again, ozzke. I know my naiveté shows, but how else ya gonna learn? This is a really good and supportive forum. I know I'm one lucky duck (Panda) to have found PND when I did. Lovin' it big time.
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:52:05 PM

Oh, did I tell you how over the falls I am about that new hybrid wallet? If I'd a' waited just a little while, I wouldn't have had to gut it out for my original PandaBank Wallet to sync, BUT I feel I was just payin' the necessary dues. Then to have the new little hottie show up just sent me through the roof. An immense and brilliant accomplishment.
LTListener

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:44:51 PM

OH MY GOD?! THE UPDATE IS OUT!?

ozzke

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

Oh, did I tell you how over the falls I am about that new hybrid wallet? If I'd a' waited just a little while, I wouldn't have had to gut it out for my original PandaBank Wallet to sync, BUT I feel I was just payin' the necessary dues. Then to have the new little hottie show up just sent me through the roof. An immense and brilliant accomplishment.

Thanks for the kind words, yes we do believe it's quite revolutionary. We're already working on the next few releases Smiley

cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:59:03 PM

OH MY GOD?! THE UPDATE IS OUT!?

you're so late
ozzke

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

thanks for all the kind words everyone (except for cadexn), I really appreciate everyone supporting PND (except for cadexn).

Think about it like this:

Easy to understand: http://pandacoinpnd.org/cryptocrashcourse/  CHECK
Easy to Mine: http://pandacoinpnd.org/about/mine-pandacoin/  CHECK
Easy to Buy: http://pandacoinpnd.org/about/buy-pandacoins/  CHECK
Easy to Use: http://pandacoinpnd.org/about/store-pandacoins/pandabank/  Very CHECK now after this last update

So what's left? Easy to spend!

We've educated people, we've shown them how easy all those previous steps were, but then comes the question: Now what can I do with those Pandacoins?
That's our next major development that bdanyo already showed you a nice little teaser from. 100,000 Merchants sounds very ambitious, but I think we've proven ourselves every time again that we kept our promise.
You will actually be able to use it, to spend it, to buy stuff with it, that's another big thing that's lacking in the current altcoin world.

How will you do it? When will you release it? I think you know us well enough to understand that we're not going to give you a releasedate now. It will come when it will be ready.
I know people in crypto currently have the attentionspan of a goldfish, but stick with us, join the community, help the community and you will not be disappointed.  Wink

shameless bump, I don't write this just for fun  Undecided

donacid

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:49:00 PM

[20:45] <will7am> can someone make a post on the BCT thread asking "is there much interest in a service offering PND via instant bank transfer for UK and possibly mainland europe?"

i'll post it for that lazy ass
ozzke

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

[20:45] <will7am> can someone make a post on the BCT thread asking "is there much interest in a service offering PND via instant bank transfer for UK and possibly mainland europe?"

i'll post it for that lazy ass

I think there could be, but then it has to be set up properly, what about KYC and AML?

Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: