Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:14:23 AM

Just a reminder I am still waiting on tracking information I was told I would receive last week for order #899.

Most recent shipment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avaughan4

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:55:52 AM

Just a reminder I am still waiting on tracking information I was told I would receive last week for order #899.

Most recent shipment

Why do you insist on giving these half assed answers? Give your customer a straight answer. We have paid for your product and that includes your full attention and respect. That is why you find yourself in trouble with everyone here. I could understand if you did not have parents or a full education, however long your education may have taken you. You have no excuses as to your failure to answer us. You are well aware that you hold a responsibility to everyone of your customers that has entrusted you with a purchase. Now treat us as such. You insist on being a stand up company so prove it to us. Success doesn't happen overnight, nor will anyone let you slide or get by. You can dismiss and ignore me all you want but you have dug yourself in your own hole by your own hand. So keep digging, by ignoring your customers.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:33:51 AM

AMT is not ignoring you. Someone will be online tomorrow morning to answer all your questions.
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:36:50 AM

I've stayed out of the fray for some time, so I'm not going to comment on all the other shit going on. But this one, I think I can say something constructive.

Disclaimer, I do NOT know that what I'm about to say is right, so feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

It's my understanding that these are innosilicon/dragon miners. If that's the case, then the firmware should be the same or very similar to the dragon and the lightning asic offerings, in which case it's available for download. It's basically a slightly modified version of cgminer. If that's the case, you can get the source from lightning asic, or from several places on this very forum and modify it to suit you. It should also be possible to run the modules direct, without the onboard controller, if you have a spare computer. This is far more flexible than the web interface (that's not a dig at AMT, it's true of every brand I've seen. I run my gridseed and zeusminer direct without a controller, and I can add as many pools as I want, not just three or four as in most web interfaces).

My advice to hobby miners: Learn linux. I have over the last few months. I shied away from the linux crowd for many years because of the elitist attitude. Ignore the attitude and listen to what they say (other than the bragging and condescension). For gaming, Windows is king. For EVERYTHING else, linux is better. I use ubuntu 14.04 exclusively now. Windows 8.1 straight sucks, but even 7 and XP, which I always liked, do not perform as well on ANY task I do as my linux install ON THE SAME MACHINES. And it has the added flexibility of being able to modify absolutely everything. That's not always good. In my learning curve, I have completely hosed to the point of not being bootable 9 installations. But the fixes and information are available, and google is your friend for that. I can't see mining on a windows machine ever again. Or writing. Or watching movies. Or listening to music.

AMT, I'm very glad to see you making this effort. I frankly thought you would have vanished or declared bankruptcy by now, given how things went. You did well by me, but not by a very large percentage of your customers. It's nice to see you attempting to make it right.

So Biomech, how many AMT miners have you purchased?  Are you really a customer?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:09:04 AM

I've stayed out of the fray for some time, so I'm not going to comment on all the other shit going on. But this one, I think I can say something constructive.

Disclaimer, I do NOT know that what I'm about to say is right, so feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

It's my understanding that these are innosilicon/dragon miners. If that's the case, then the firmware should be the same or very similar to the dragon and the lightning asic offerings, in which case it's available for download. It's basically a slightly modified version of cgminer. If that's the case, you can get the source from lightning asic, or from several places on this very forum and modify it to suit you. It should also be possible to run the modules direct, without the onboard controller, if you have a spare computer. This is far more flexible than the web interface (that's not a dig at AMT, it's true of every brand I've seen. I run my gridseed and zeusminer direct without a controller, and I can add as many pools as I want, not just three or four as in most web interfaces).

My advice to hobby miners: Learn linux. I have over the last few months. I shied away from the linux crowd for many years because of the elitist attitude. Ignore the attitude and listen to what they say (other than the bragging and condescension). For gaming, Windows is king. For EVERYTHING else, linux is better. I use ubuntu 14.04 exclusively now. Windows 8.1 straight sucks, but even 7 and XP, which I always liked, do not perform as well on ANY task I do as my linux install ON THE SAME MACHINES. And it has the added flexibility of being able to modify absolutely everything. That's not always good. In my learning curve, I have completely hosed to the point of not being bootable 9 installations. But the fixes and information are available, and google is your friend for that. I can't see mining on a windows machine ever again. Or writing. Or watching movies. Or listening to music.

AMT, I'm very glad to see you making this effort. I frankly thought you would have vanished or declared bankruptcy by now, given how things went. You did well by me, but not by a very large percentage of your customers. It's nice to see you attempting to make it right.

So Biomech, how many AMT miners have you purchased?  Are you really a customer?

No, I'm not. Those who've followed this since the beginning know the story. I think the old thread is still on the forum. They offered me a miner to review, and allay some suspicions. I took the free hardware, and it was decent. One board has since blown, and just four days ago, the power supply died, but I ran the thing for that whole time. It was based on the Technobit HEX16B. Kind of rough assembly, but overall a very decent machine. AMT was cordial towards me, but as I said at the time, I felt (and feel) that they used me to further their sales without being able to deliver on it. I washed my hands of the mess a long time ago, but it's like a loose tooth. You just can't leave it alone. I've continued to watch.

I do NOT believe they got into this with bad intent. I also think they were way too cocky. The Bitmine debacle cannot be laid at their feet. But their behaviour since has been, well, terrible. I am glad that they are at least making an attempt to set things somewhat aright, but I think they are going about it wrong. Unfortunately, at this point, there is no good end to this mess. I hope the majority of their customers do get their machines, but at this point I wonder if they will be worth much.

I can say from experience that at this time all these miners are good for is alt coins. But those can be quite profitable. But frankly, anything under about 10 TH is pretty well pointless in BTC, and those are still far too expensive.
raveneffect2333

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:30:02 AM

I posted the other day about my order status which was completely overlooked by AMT. Over #596

I have sent numerous emails to AMT regarding this which have invoked no replies. I am asking here publicly, could you please inform me more about my order. Please provide me with my tracking number and allow this mess to be put to rest.

I think we are all worn out over this.

Thank you.
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:12:43 AM

wanted to do a large order, but reading the forum i would need escrow and im looking at 20 piece order. And the maximum turn around would be 72 hours. Let me know gitbknowsall@gmail.com
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:46:00 AM

Yeah....

So here's what I understand, they sent me my miner without a power supply lol.

This is hilarious.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:54:34 AM

wanted to do a large order, but reading the forum i would need escrow and im looking at 20 piece order. And the maximum turn around would be 72 hours. Let me know gitbknowsall@gmail.com

Please stay away from AMT. Even if I am biased I would recommend you to take a look at the miners from my sig. Feel free to not do it, but just stay away from AMT and inform yourself better before sending money.

mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:01:52 PM

folks just a reminder. if you accept a miner you are done for - you will never get a refund or come close to a ROI.

Josh zipkin is not staying in business to be honorable and fill your orders. hes doing it to save his ass. he knows when you accept these $1000 miners you paid $6000 for you will have a hard time suing him. he picks and chooses what terms and conditions he will adhere to. he will NOT honor the MPP but he sure as hell will stick to the "ill deliver when i feel like it" clause.

in regards to this "refund" list. it's pure bullshit. the only way he will give a refund is when a judge forces him to.

zipkin is not some tragic hero here sent to save us from our terrible decision of ordering from AMT. he is here to make as much money as he can and step on whoever he can along the way.

i would like to remind folks he said my refund was in the mail a 1/2 dozen times - each lie bigger than the next. he even asked for my bank account number so he could wire the money. would a man who lies to his customers so easily really have a "refund" list? You decide.

I am not so sure if I am done if I accept a $1,000 miner, I never signed anything agreeing to those terms. It is a nice gesture to send me a miner, but I believe I am still due $5,000 more in cash or hardware. In the same way as if you bought 6 tickets to the super bowl, and when you showed up they only let 1 of your family members in because they did not have enough staff that night. This would not be legal to do, even if one of your family members accepted the ticket.  So legally I feel I am due the other $5,000 I sent by bank wire to AMT.  I am sorry, but in the United States of America, you cannot just keep money sent to you from a bank wire in your pocket.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:18:08 PM

folks just a reminder. if you accept a miner you are done for - you will never get a refund or come close to a ROI.

Josh zipkin is not staying in business to be honorable and fill your orders. hes doing it to save his ass. he knows when you accept these $1000 miners you paid $6000 for you will have a hard time suing him. he picks and chooses what terms and conditions he will adhere to. he will NOT honor the MPP but he sure as hell will stick to the "ill deliver when i feel like it" clause.

in regards to this "refund" list. it's pure bullshit. the only way he will give a refund is when a judge forces him to.

zipkin is not some tragic hero here sent to save us from our terrible decision of ordering from AMT. he is here to make as much money as he can and step on whoever he can along the way.

i would like to remind folks he said my refund was in the mail a 1/2 dozen times - each lie bigger than the next. he even asked for my bank account number so he could wire the money. would a man who lies to his customers so easily really have a "refund" list? You decide.

I am not so sure if I am done if I accept a $1,000 miner, I never signed anything agreeing to those terms. It is a nice gesture to send me a miner, but I believe I am still due $5,000 more in cash or hardware. In the same way as if you bought 6 tickets to the super bowl, and when you showed up they only let 1 of your family members in because they did not have enough staff that night. This would not be legal to do, even if one of your family members accepted the ticket.  So legally I feel I am due the other $5,000 I sent by bank wire to AMT.  I am sorry, but in the United States of America, you cannot just keep money sent to you from a bank wire in your pocket.

Where it involves a product (electronics or other item with depreciating value) there is validity to this comment. There are rules in place for items with depreciating value, and electronics and automobiles fall squarely under that. The debate would be the case. FTC already has other cases on the books for similar if not identical situations. Below is one example that has some similarties in terms of delivery promises and such.

http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2011/06/ftc-settlement-bans-online-us-electronics-retailer-deceiving

There is still plenty of legal recourse here for those going that route. This is neither in support or against any action. Just informational.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
AMT_minerLESS

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:32:03 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 03:14:57 PM by AMT_minerLESS

Anyone here got a refund yet? No? Well BFL is giving people refunds. And they are delivering monarchs. So fact they refunding people puts them one step above AMT....think on dat.  
sabre

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

AMT,
     With my 4 cards working I'm getting a lower than expected hash rate. Can you let me know what to do to troubleshoot why the cards are working at a lower speed? I'm only getting an average of 730 GH. The 5th card is not attached right now since it doesn't work.

Let me know,

Thanks in Advance.

Just a quick idea before we get a technical answer on this. Get your brother to copy the card from his miner flash an sd card with the copied image. You can use win image 32 for making the copy.

AMT,
     I got my brothers card and tried it on my machine this morning. The top card is still dead and the hashing on "one" of the other cards looked better this morning. However I did notice that on the card that seems like its not hashing fully, the heat sink is not properly placed on the card (its lifted up from one side). So it may be that the heat on the chips on that card are overheating which causes the card to not fully hash.

Let me know if and how I should return the top card as its not turning on at all. I will let you know what the other cards hash rate it later on when I get back home.

Thanks in Advance.
Casiriahmine

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:12:31 PM

AMT,

if you in fact sent me my miners without power supplies, we are going to have some serious issues.

This is not only; NOT what I ordered...but vastly depreciated in value.

~Casey
Casiriahmine

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:17:34 PM

Not only is this an incomplete order, but a fraudulent delivery. I paid 12K back in DEC, for two intact machines, that are now worth 1100-1300$. I will be refunded the remaining amount of [2500-12000]= $9500.... We can settle this easily.

Now over the course of the last 6 months, I have labored to try to meet my ROI, giving you every benefit of the doubt. I would have made over 25,000$ by now. Thank you for completely fucking me over.

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:23:45 PM

Most recent shipment

You're quoting me from back in April. I told you I wanted a refund. Please do not send me any machines. I want my $12k back.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Casiriahmine

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

I don't care about a FULL REFUND, I want my money back for the equipment price.

I will currently own two miners(when the DHL package arrives), that are only worth 2400$. This is unacceptable. That being said, I will accept the difference in a refund.

This method of delivery[6 months] is unsatisfactory.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Still waiting here.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:26:35 PM

AMT is on now, and it looks likes Josh Zipkin is in ignore mode - AGAIN! But has plenty of time to delete posts, but not enough time to sue me.  Cry Cry Cry

Don't worry, you'll get it. AMT *always* keeps their word.  Grin

Buy & Hold
Casiriahmine

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:03:16 PM

So AMT,

Lets work on refunding me the 9.5K in differential cost.

I'll save you the 2.5K from the hard labor you put in.

~Casey~
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: