Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:58:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:31:38 AM

Also, if you are thinking about compensation routes, think about a sha256/Scrypt combo as comp. I obviously don't mean same machine obviously you're dealing with a2 products too so.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:39:09 PM

We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

Power up the units and test them before shipping them out. Y'know, Quality Control? Google it if you don't know what it means.

I'm amazed that you can still make mistakes like this, this late in the game. Get your shit together.

I walked away from this debacle a long time ago, though I occasionally watch. I think that after all that has transpired, this is REALLY minor.

From where I sit, at least they are making an effort to make good on this disaster.

I'll share your same opinion if I start seeing some posts here about people receiving product. So far, only 1 user has received something back - and it was totally unexpected by the sounds of it.

So much for believing Josh when he said he's updating people via email with tracking #'s about their RMAs. This guy who got one sounds like he was kept in the dark about it.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:17:40 PM

We have an english verion with a different UI.  We'll send it to you tomorrow. That may have been just a mixup of sd cards that we'll look into.

Here's an IDEA.

Power up the units and test them before shipping them out. Y'know, Quality Control? Google it if you don't know what it means.

I'm amazed that you can still make mistakes like this, this late in the game. Get your shit together.

I walked away from this debacle a long time ago, though I occasionally watch. I think that after all that has transpired, this is REALLY minor.

From where I sit, at least they are making an effort to make good on this disaster.

I'll share your same opinion if I start seeing some posts here about people receiving product. So far, only 1 user has received something back - and it was totally unexpected by the sounds of it.

So much for believing Josh when he said he's updating people via email with tracking #'s about their RMAs. This guy who got one sounds like he was kept in the dark about it.

Joshua Zipkin lied? stop the press!

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:45:12 PM

You said that you had 2 orders for 1.2 machines (580 and 650), but mentioned only receiving 1 miner. Is that correct? What speed is the miner? How is it working?

Thanks for the update

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

You said that you had 2 orders for 1.2 machines (580 and 650), but mentioned only receiving 1 miner. Is that correct? What speed is the miner? How is it working?

Thanks for the update

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

I am actually dumbfounded by people's inability to read posts from the thread.

If they are actually going by order number then it makes sense he'd only receive one since he's two separate orders spaced apart. He posted pictures of the hash rate which was a little low 88O, looks like the web interface reads it at 1th.  Now I'm not sure what is happening with compensation for his orders as appears there was none and product isn't hashing at it's advertised 1.2TH. This development makes me sad.

I think they said they cleared through all the backlogged 520 orders and bumped them up because hey fuck everyone else. A hosted solution I have no control over is not really a solution as it could disappear in a moment's notice. And I swear if we are compensated with just 1 year of hosting since that's what their contracts are I'll be pretty pissed.

Hey, AMT give me a scrypt miner and I'll tattoo your logo on my body. I can't promise it won't be on my ass though.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
avaughan4

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:33:08 AM

Thanks for the update

http://s3.postimg.org/l4dlylfnj/20140721_102542.jpg

Yes, I placed 2 orders. As for the miner I recently received, it is performing well. The miner has averaged 800GH/s which is what 4 boards, or 32 A1 chips should be hashing, according to the A1 chip specifications. Each Kit miner had 5 boards, 40 A1 chips, so that would yield 1TH/s. I have not tried changing the frequency of the chip. Right now each board is running at 800Mhz, which can be changed up to 1050Mhz. (The increments are 50Mhz up to 1050Mhz). I think the 4 boards could then yield 1TH/s, but that could shorten the life of the chips or cause them to burn out. I don't want to risk it.

On another note, I found how to change the language to English. If you SSH into the miner and open the file /var/www/conf.php there is a LANG variable that is set to "zh". Change that to "en" and save the file. The site will be in English without the help of Google Translate.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd Pool entries are being essentially ignored. I see the entries present when looking at # ps -efww | grep cgminer. I tried with different pools and different workers on each Pool but the 2nd and 3rd entries report that no work is being done. Finally I set all three entries the same and called it a day.

I setup the miner to mine on Eligius today, 7/23 at 12pm EST. You can see the results here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Pof4JuXwDzvL6BK6r7roKuCmDMUUkghgn
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:02:08 AM

does AMT have a new website or are they still using the "old" one?? just curious, with all the positive press if they have changed for the better.

subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:10:51 AM

does AMT have a new website or are they still using the "old" one?? just curious, with all the positive press if they have changed for the better.
Nevermind.  i see they are still accepting credit cards and paypal. Just not selling miners.

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:16:53 PM

Thanks for the update

Yes, I placed 2 orders. As for the miner I recently received, it is performing well. The miner has averaged 800GH/s which is what 4 boards, or 32 A1 chips should be hashing, according to the A1 chip specifications. Each Kit miner had 5 boards, 40 A1 chips, so that would yield 1TH/s. I have not tried changing the frequency of the chip. Right now each board is running at 800Mhz, which can be changed up to 1050Mhz. (The increments are 50Mhz up to 1050Mhz). I think the 4 boards could then yield 1TH/s, but that could shorten the life of the chips or cause them to burn out. I don't want to risk it.

On another note, I found how to change the language to English. If you SSH into the miner and open the file /var/www/conf.php there is a LANG variable that is set to "zh". Change that to "en" and save the file. The site will be in English without the help of Google Translate.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd Pool entries are being essentially ignored. I see the entries present when looking at # ps -efww | grep cgminer. I tried with different pools and different workers on each Pool but the 2nd and 3rd entries report that no work is being done. Finally I set all three entries the same and called it a day.

I setup the miner to mine on Eligius today, 7/23 at 12pm EST. You can see the results here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Pof4JuXwDzvL6BK6r7roKuCmDMUUkghgn

How big is the power supply? How many watts is it pulling?

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:41:55 PM

Thanks for the update

On the cgminer front (since you seem comfortable with the CLI) you could write a small script for that. Later on I can post one I use that will allow you to post multiple pools (easy to do). I honestly do not like the web interfaces in general. But if the web interfaces accurately queries cgminer then running it from a console and scripting it to start like that will work better. Might not show the pools but the hashing speeds should show up.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
avaughan4

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:14:18 PM

Thanks for the update

http://s3.postimg.org/l4dlylfnj/20140721_102542.jpg

How big is the power supply? How many watts is it pulling?

I don't know exactly how many watts it is pulling, nor do I have a gauge but maybe the interface can answer your question. The power supply can be seen in the case below and a close up picture of the power supply. The tower case is a standard size case, you can see all my pictures on page 125 of this thread. The web interface shows Utility and WUtility those read 22.6 and 86.24 respectively at the current moment. I have supplied pictures of the web interface and you can see those read 32.30 Utility and 84.07 WUtility.
I am using an APC Back-UPS BN4001 as the battery backup. Used a standard 110V computer power supply cable and the miner has been running well and the boards are cool enough to touch. I'm not well versed in electricity academics so I'm probably not the best candidate to answer these questions.

http://s30.postimg.org/tzgo4f599/IMG_0012.jpghttp://s30.postimg.org/hif2edgf1/IMG_0015.jpghttp://s30.postimg.org/jtqwnrvbx/IMG_0022.jpghttp://s30.postimg.org/i76aga8nx/IMG_0023.jpg

avaughan4

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:40:37 PM

Later on I can post one I use that will allow you to post multiple pools (easy to do).

Cool. I can try it out and see if it works.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:28:30 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 01:00:54 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

<snip>

I don't know exactly how many watts it is pulling, nor do I have a gauge but maybe the interface can answer your question. The power supply can be seen in the case below and a close up picture of the power supply. The tower case is a standard size case, you can see all my pictures on page 125 of this thread. The web interface shows Utility and WUtility those read 22.6 and 86.24 respectively at the current moment. I have supplied pictures of the web interface and you can see those read 32.30 Utility and 84.07 WUtility.
I am using an APC Back-UPS BN4001 as the battery backup. Used a standard 110V computer power supply cable and the miner has been running well and the boards are cool enough to touch. I'm not well versed in electricity academics so I'm probably not the best candidate to answer these questions.
<snip>
About the UPS, ever do a pull the plug test? I've found that miners do not like standard off-line ones even if only pulling 2/3 of max rating. I've switched to real true always-on-line ones like this good for 1,300w/1,5kva http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/smart-app-ups/paragon-series/ol1500rtxl2u.html Zero-transfer time with them, rock-solid 120v out even with only 90v coming in.
From TigerDirect was $547 or <drumroll please> 0.86somethin' BTC. Yep. TigerDirect takes BTC. Just too cool... I also have the 2.2kva one for 4 oc'd Ant s1's (1.8kw for ~800GH total - but still easily paid off and feeding themselves + profit Smiley ). Of course they display all the info you would ever want on power & condition as well with simple front panel display.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:03:52 AM

Later on I can post one I use that will allow you to post multiple pools (easy to do).

Cool. I can try it out and see if it works.

Since cgminer is likley already in the bin folder this should work. I dont have one the these new AMT miners but most are built using the same type of firmware so this SHOULD work.

Code:
#/bin/sh
cgminer -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u xxxxxx - p xxxxxx -o another.bitcoin.poolhere:port -u xxxxxx - p xxxxxx

If it needs tweaking feel free to post back the changes. This is nothing fancy just a simple way to start it. Also once cgminer starts up, you can also save this as a config which will insure it starts up like this without the script all the time.

ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:01:06 PM

Here's an IDEA.

Even God got his shit together before shipping his creation.

"Lord, why have you forsaken me?"

"And, on some subsequent day, God took a mighty dump, then upon looking at, and smelling it, he said, 'I outdid myself this time!' And, it was good."

hahahahaha dude ...love it!
ladi4ever

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:05:17 PM

Eagerly awaiting those results. Since they are shipping according to the queue, those of us will be toward the end, but if the results are good then its a good ending to a difficult situation. Post some internals if you feel up to it. Would like to see the guts of that thing. Or otherwise just run it on elgius and post results Cheesy On the bright side at least this situation is not a hashfast where people pretty much got screwed.

Shut the fuck up Opium, are you Josh's bitch or something?.... he is shipping shit.....soon AMT are going to log on from Jail and delete posts here in bitcointalk.
ladi4ever

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:08:02 PM

Thanks for the update

Liar, ...! This is Josh him self..only one person out of 1000 orders received miners..and is this guy here..That would be pretty stupid to believe..
opieum2

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:41:57 PM

Time to put this retard (calling him that is actually an insult to actual retards) back on ignore. Understandable why your posts in particular get deleted.

avaughan4

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:22:17 PM

Liar, ...! This is Josh him self..only one person out of 1000 orders received miners..and is this guy here..That would be pretty stupid to believe..

I'm not Josh and you can see the history of my posts (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=166777;sa=showPosts). I have berated AMT as much as anyone else on these boards. AMT still owes me another 1 TH/s miner, from their recall (https://advancedminers.com/amt-issues-recall-due-manufacturing-error/), and $2,609 in credit. Do your homework.

I'm just letting everyone know how it's going with the new miner. I had lost all hope already and wasn't even expecting to receive it.

On another note, I figured out why the Pools were not being load-balanced. The command being run from the web interface was missing the "--load-balance" parameter on the call to cgminer, after I added the parameter the 3 pool entries started to register work being done. I added both "--balance" and "--load-balance".

From file "/var/www/config.php" line 190.
Before:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

After:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network --balance --load-balance | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

I also raised the frequency of the boards to 900Mhz and the hasrate has averaged about 920GH/s on the web interface and 880 Gh/s on the pool side, which is the side that really counts.

http://s9.postimg.org/w5q525d17/2014_07_25_Hash_Rate_at_900_Mhz.jpg
opieum2

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:46:37 PM

I'm not Josh and you can see the history of my posts (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=166777;sa=showPosts). I have berated AMT as much as anyone else on these boards. AMT still owes me another 1 TH/s miner, from their recall (https://advancedminers.com/amt-issues-recall-due-manufacturing-error/), and $2,609 in credit. Do your homework.

I'm just letting everyone know how it's going with the new miner. I had lost all hope already and wasn't even expecting to receive it.

On another note, I figured out why the Pools were not being load-balanced. The command being run from the web interface was missing the "--load-balance" parameter on the call to cgminer, after I added the parameter the 3 pool entries started to register work being done. I added both "--balance" and "--load-balance".

From file "/var/www/config.php" line 190.
Before:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

After:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network --balance --load-balance | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

I also raised the frequency of the boards to 900Mhz and the hasrate has averaged about 920GH/s on the web interface and 880 Gh/s on the pool side, which is the side that really counts.

Yea ignore that moron. But yea those commands are useful. worth keeping an eye on in case its a more widespread problem.

The other concern though is why this hardware is not hashing at 1Ths as it was supposed to. It would be good to hear something from AMT on that front on what can be done to address it (if anything).

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: