Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:26:58 AM

<snip>
the only thing i am trying to get across is it seems bitmine.ch is the stem of the issue with all subsidiary resellers having the same issues. wether it stems further to bitmines supply or not i do not know. but ALL companys that have any affiliation with similar rigs i.e bitmine rigs, coincraft desks, amt's rigs. all customers receiving rigs damaged, none working, none existent and screaming refund.
<snip>|
Been saying that since I 1st got caught up in this.
Pre-order issues aside, as with BFL and Hashfast's trouble it all began with the the chips being so delayed. Only difference is that only Bitmine.ch has/had resale agents. At least BFL and Hasfast only shafted their own customers whereas BM.ch spread it around like plague.

Yes here in the states AMT is the Judas goat over the A1 hardware mess and yes the sales practices used are going to have to face the courts. But, in the end Bitmine.ch is the entity that needs to be nailed to the wall. Unfortunately being in the EU that may be a long time coming Sad

Oh and as to why AMT is making the rigs here (including the technobit based ones) instead of importing  fully assembled ones? Import fees. Chips and other components have a hugely lower duty than does assembled equipment.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:11:56 AM

So now knowing the score, and the fact that we are likely going to get screwed anyway what could we do? The class action might not reach class. It likely will BUT even when it does we lose out anyway. I might make my own arrangements at any rate just to get it out of the way. To be honest I want this whole ordeal over with so I can move on.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:00:54 AM

That is possible. On the other hand I am willing to believe they did have manufacturing problems. The evidence of that sits with those who actually got working hardware. OTOH that could be the fault of bitmine as well BUT seeing as bitmine doesn't appear to have the same problems in that regard, it is what makes me think they really did have that issue. I am in no way defending them. Just making a pointed observation on that specific point. How they handle other stuff is another matter. I am weighing my own options in this because it looks like I would lose out bigger if I wait for the suit to take off. There may be nothing to do. And they cant file for bankruptcy. No court would let them with a pending class action in the mix. Plenty of case law to back that up. I am pretty sure they didnt get millions. In fact I am betting (nothing just pride) that they all of their orders are probably from people here on this forum. Maybe a couple that weren't. But most if not all of their orders came from here and maybe a couple other forums like this one. Of course this is just a guess but it seems likely. Considering that AMT makes reference to bitcointalk on their site at one point (being hacked) might make people curious enough to come here to check things out. Maybe.

IF that's the case I doubt they made the millions being claimed. Again this is an observation based on all the available info we have been piecing together over the last few months (Thanks to everyone involved in all the fact finding you know who you are, roll credits). At most we are looking at them getting a couple hundred thousand to half a million. Nothing to sneeze at, but still hardly millions unless someone put in some crazy ass order in. OR we were getting bad batches of chips (as they also are a chip reseller). This is all unknown really. I am basing this all on what I have been reading here over the last few months. If anyone has other ideas and can back it up with some details that might help this it could make sense. But all I see now is the lawsuit leading to the lawyers getting an assload of money and we get stuck with very little. Cases MUCH MUCH larger than this end with the people getting alot less than they were supposed to...for a recent and similar case check out the 5 toes shoes case. While not technology the case items of misrepresentation and all that are very similar.

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:23:04 AM

i know nothing of the ftc i am a uk citizen alls i know is if i click the terms and conditions not tos (terms of service) i am agreeing to the whole thing as is wether it succeeds any other laws/statutes as its the 'new binding agreement' like a pay day loan that gets you to tick a box or your bank with its un lawful charges. its all fine untill after someone says its not.

By your logic prostitution is legal.
 A man with $40 really needs a blow job, he meets a lady that really needs $40, they enter into an unwritten contract for services.  I guess everyone ever charged with prostitution forgot to mention the defence of "but they signed our terms and conditions"...

I actually believe that the plaintiffs lawyers will be extremely happy if they defence uses that strategy as it does nothing but help make the plaintiffs case.

Come on bro, you can't just write a bunch of shit on your website and then tell the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION to fuck off, well you can but it likely won't end well for the company...

prostitution is legal correct. it is the act of purchasing the sex that is illigal. soliciting i believe its called. that is why prostitutes rarley get fined or imprisoned unless they find some other reason to. they always arrest the guy.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:01:11 PM

That is possible. On the other hand I am willing to believe they did have manufacturing problems. The evidence of that sits with those who actually got working hardware. OTOH that could be the fault of bitmine as well BUT seeing as bitmine doesn't appear to have the same problems in that regard, it is what makes me think they really did have that issue. I am in no way defending them. Just making a pointed observation on that specific point. How they handle other stuff is another matter. I am weighing my own options in this because it looks like I would lose out bigger if I wait for the suit to take off. There may be nothing to do. And they cant file for bankruptcy. No court would let them with a pending class action in the mix. Plenty of case law to back that up. I am pretty sure they didnt get millions. In fact I am betting (nothing just pride) that they all of their orders are probably from people here on this forum. Maybe a couple that weren't. But most if not all of their orders came from here and maybe a couple other forums like this one. Of course this is just a guess but it seems likely. Considering that AMT makes reference to bitcointalk on their site at one point (being hacked) might make people curious enough to come here to check things out. Maybe.

IF that's the case I doubt they made the millions being claimed. Again this is an observation based on all the available info we have been piecing together over the last few months (Thanks to everyone involved in all the fact finding you know who you are, roll credits). At most we are looking at them getting a couple hundred thousand to half a million. Nothing to sneeze at, but still hardly millions unless someone put in some crazy ass order in. OR we were getting bad batches of chips (as they also are a chip reseller). This is all unknown really. I am basing this all on what I have been reading here over the last few months. If anyone has other ideas and can back it up with some details that might help this it could make sense. But all I see now is the lawsuit leading to the lawyers getting an assload of money and we get stuck with very little. Cases MUCH MUCH larger than this end with the people getting alot less than they were supposed to...for a recent and similar case check out the 5 toes shoes case. While not technology the case items of misrepresentation and all that are very similar.

One of the plaintiffs of this case, Craig Lennel had no other choice but to go this route.

If you do recall, Josh Zipkin had said in several occasions that the 'check was in the mail'.  Only to discover that it never was.  What option do customers now have?

I certainly would like to settle.  In fact I would take a hair cut.  However every time I have proposed this,  I have not received any consideration from AMT.   Think about it,  I can't even get AMT to ship me a missing backplane!    If AMT can't even deliver on a minor obligation,  what more can one expect?   I mean seriously,  AMT can't even be expected to respond to email.  

Again fair point. I saw all that and I know it was a bad situation. I had better results getting replies, so maybe I could do something for me at least to move on. I really just want to move past this. This transaction situation was an overall mess. And the dealing with the dilemma of all this just is not worth it. But again that really depends on everyone's individual situation really.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:52:16 PM

One of the plaintiffs of this case, Craig Lennel had no other choice but to go this route.

If you do recall, Josh Zipkin had said in several occasions that the 'check was in the mail'.  Only to discover that it never was.  What option do customers now have?

I certainly would like to settle.  In fact I would take a hair cut.  However every time I have proposed this,  I have not received any consideration from AMT.   Think about it,  I can't even get AMT to ship me a missing backplane!    If AMT can't even deliver on a minor obligation,  what more can one expect?   I mean seriously,  AMT can't even be expected to respond to email.  

Again fair point. I saw all that and I know it was a bad situation. I had better results getting replies, so maybe I could do something for me at least to move on. I really just want to move past this. This transaction situation was an overall mess. And the dealing with the dilemma of all this just is not worth it. But again that really depends on everyone's individual situation really.

I agree that this is such a waste of time and effort.  Right now, I'm just leaning towards having the civil and criminal lawyers nail them for everything they got.

Trying to come up with a deal with them is just frustrating, a waste of time and ultimately futile.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

snip

I agree that this is such a waste of time and effort.  Right now, I'm just leaning towards having the civil and criminal lawyers nail them for everything they got.

Trying to come up with a deal with them is just frustrating, a waste of time and ultimately futile.   

Good luck. I doubt you will get much at this point. MY guess is there is very little if anything to get.

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:45:08 PM

I know you all are having problems here, as am I. I finally got some good news today, but not from AMT.  I ordered these spondoolies SP10 just in April ,2014.

Dear Mr. Park,

We are very happy to let you know that your units have passed QC and is now being installed in our hosting facilities.

To ensure the unit starts mining as soon as possible, please send us your wallet ID.

We will make sure the unit is mining to your wallet until we complete the remote control software and handover control to you.

Best regards and happy mining,

Spondoolies-Tech

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:04:10 PM

I know you all are having problems here, as am I. I finally got some good news today, but not from AMT.  I ordered these spondoolies SP10 just in April ,2014.

Dear Mr. Park,

We are very happy to let you know that your units have passed QC and is now being installed in our hosting facilities.

To ensure the unit starts mining as soon as possible, please send us your wallet ID.

We will make sure the unit is mining to your wallet until we complete the remote control software and handover control to you.

Spondoolies-Tech

Thats actually pretty damned awesome. This is what I am talking about!! Alternately I ordered my S2 (and shipped on the 8th) and it is out for delivery. So its time to start moving past this. I will be ok if I just get 2 miners at this point that work from AMT. I emailed them as such just to get this over with. I doubt the class action will make any of us whole. But thats my opinion on the matter. And how I am approaching it. I want to move past this drama and stress and get to mining which was my focus in the first place. 

mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:28:54 PM

Dear Mr. Park,

Spondoolies-Tech

Thats actually pretty damned awesome. This is what I am talking about!! Alternately I ordered my S2 (and shipped on the 8th) and it is out for delivery. So its time to start moving past this. I will be ok if I just get 2 miners at this point that work from AMT. I emailed them as such just to get this over with. I doubt the class action will make any of us whole. But thats my opinion on the matter. And how I am approaching it. I want to move past this drama and stress and get to mining which was my focus in the first place. 

I ordered 2 of these SP10's just to start. I figure I would pay for more than half of them in the first 90 days. Its nice not to have to worry about anything, just see my bitcoin wallet being filled up. They also only charge me a monthly fee, no electricity cost for now. I will test these, and then maybe make a move for SP30's when the price is right.  So, 1 month for 2.8Th/s for spondoolies, and 6 months with 0 Th/s with AMT.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:06:28 PM

So now knowing the score, and the fact that we are likely going to get screwed anyway what could we do? The class action might not reach class. It likely will BUT even when it does we lose out anyway. I might make my own arrangements at any rate just to get it out of the way. To be honest I want this whole ordeal over with so I can move on.

It seems to me that AMT would rather go bankrupt than give a single customer a refund.

I've offered them several times a way to compensate me at 1/2 the original value,  but I never got a deal.

These folks are just plain and simple unethical. 

There are even making up issues out their manufacturing problems.

That is pure B.S. because they just had the same manufacturer create a new board for them!

If everyone isn't made whole, than Joshua Zipkin will be facing future fines, a criminal record, and some jail time.

The problem is the class action lawsuit likely will impeded that to some degree. At this point I doubt they have much anyway or they would have been able to manage some of this and get refunds back to a bunch of people. If I walk away from this with two working miners at this point I will consider that a small victory AND at bare minimum what I paid for.

Whatever happens after the case, well it happens. Honestly I am content with just getting replacement hardware and calling it a day. As a result of class actions people are rarely made whole. This would set a new precedent. A chunk of whatever monetary settlement occurs would go to the lawyers fees on both sides. A settlement means contingency costs and awarded attorney fees. Which means both legal teams get paid from that pool of cash. Thats easily in the 10s or hundreds of thousands of dollars.. Money that we dont get.

opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:21:39 PM

No arguement on that. Lotta things went wrong here. And lots more patience than should have been given was. I reached out to them hoping to get 2 replacement miners. If that pans out i can move on from this.

Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:36:35 PM

all of the "we want to make it right" talk, yet, their prices have not gone down, like every other competitor.  maybe $500-1000 on a $6000 rig, where the competition has cut their prices by half or more.

they still have the MPP up, catching more unsuspecting suckers.  if you are trying to do the right thing, take down the MPP page, or start making good on it.  that's what an ethical business would do.

i can understand being in business to make a profit.  that's the point of running a business.  but, there are ethical ways to do business, and there's this mess.  false advertising and price gouging.  

i know people don't have to pay those prices, and if they shop around, they would see the prices are way out of line.  but someone who is trying to remain competitive would lower them by a lot.  who in their right mind would pay $1500 for an 80GH rig with all of the lower cost, better performance options out there?  

the doubt and speculation of being a scam will not go away, until people start actually seeing your business operated in a manner that doesn't scream scam at the top of its lungs.  

it's really very simple.  nobody to blame but yourselves.  posts like this are not pulled out of the asses of random people, because "they are out to get you".  they are based on actual instances of people doing business with AMT, and getting screwed.

We have not edited the site/pricing because the lawyers said not to touch anything, and these guys know their stuff. Part of the filing was that "nothing can altered, edited etc". Also we haven't accepted a new order in the last 4 weeks, despite people that would like to pay. And that's the truth. So why adjust the pricing if we're not accepting the orders, we just marked it as sold out/out of stock.

i can totally understand the legal aspect for not changing things.  i have a couple of webservers under legal freeze at my company. Good call on marking them out of stock/not shipping.  it appeared like the bait was still out there, catching the unsuspecting.  my apologies if that is not the case.

good luck to you.  you've got a tough road ahead of you.  hopefully you'll get the kinks worked and make it all kosher.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:28:21 PM

Just for the record, I have received a 5-card unit, without a PSU, within a tower case.

However, I am now contacting Josh, because of the additional package I received along with it, containing, what seems to be boards that need to be "diagnosed", for repair. (They have no heat-sinks. So I assume they are intended to be part of my service offering.)

The case was well packed, and great looking on the exterior. However, there was a bent section inside, which was not that important to the structure. This, I assume had occurred while someone was installing the heavy cage inside the unit. In all fairness, I had asked for a damaged case, from another member, to alleviate the burden of loss, of a new case replacement.

Keep this in mind... I ASKED for a "Test unit". One which I just needed to function, for testing the cards that needed testing. I believe he sent me my full unit, just to make this easier for testing. (Getting that clarified still.)

Minor issues inside this ? "test unit" ? ... (All easily resolved. Just mentioning, in-case there needs to be some over-the-shoulder QC done.)
- Three fans mounted randomly backwards. (They were sucking, instead of blowing. Not a good thing. Check the orientation of all fans. They should all be mounted to blow air across the fins. Someone needs to be trained again, on the assembly line.)
- Four fans, have only two mounting screws to fasten them in place. (They were not diagonal mounted, they were side mounted. Diagonal would have made them secure.)
- One fan-plug was plugged half-way into the power-bar, with bent pins. (It was not touching enough to provide power to run the fan.)
- The LCD was not mounted in place. It was pushed onto four threaded screws, one was bent to "hold it in place". (It was held in place good enough to remain undamaged, however, I have added rubber washers to hold it firmly against the front of the unit.)
- The backplane was obviously under stress-load, as two cards were missing mounting screws. Both were missing one screw on bot sides. (Fixing that issue later.)
- One foot of the tower was broken. (Fixed with some double-sided tape. The push-mount was only partially broken.)
- No wire for the backplane to connect to the ras-pi. (Digging through my box of junk for one now.)
- Loose screws rolling around the case.
- A loose "stud-riser"... (Those are not even used in this unit. xD)

Overall, the unit is solid as a rock. By the structure. The case is easily the most delicate component. All that AMT has constructed, inside, was all high quality steel and aluminum. This will look much better in my acrylic/plexiglass custom case.

The only internal flaw I see, which was not something they did... Was the case ventilation. It is not setup well, as with 95% of all computer cases. Though, it seems to be acceptable, for normal operation.

Unfortunately, I can not test this "as is", as there is no PSU in my possession, which would power the unit with the 5-card backplane. I have a second backplane, and ras-pi/daughter-board... So my testing will continue with the 5-cards split into two units, until I can get a heat-sink made to fit one of the other cards that came without a heat-sink. I intended to run this as a 3 and 3 card unit, with 2 separate 750w PSU's. My final clear-case mods, will be setup as such. Both with the ability to add a fourth and fifth card, if desired, later-on... (For now, just to test the boards as they ship them to me for testing.)

Once I am all setup, as promised, I will be offering additional help, to those who can find it of use.

Photo's and a possible video coming soon. To those who are interested in that.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:43:05 PM

Just for the record, I have received a 5-card unit, without a PSU, within a tower case.

(snip)

For the record, do these boards from AMT work?

If so,  what does a user need to do to make it work?  Should the heat sink be removed,  thermal paste re-applied to get this to work?

Any software settings need to make this work?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:05:53 AM

However, I am now contacting Josh, because of the additional package I received along with it, containing, what seems to be boards that need to be "diagnosed", for repair. (They have no heat-sinks. So I assume they are intended to be part of my service offering.)

The case was well packed, and great looking on the exterior. However, there was a bent section inside, which was not that important to the structure. This, I assume had occurred while someone was installing the heavy cage inside the unit. In all fairness, I had asked for a damaged case, from another member, to alleviate the burden of loss, of a new case replacement.

Keep this in mind... I ASKED for a "Test unit". One which I just needed to function, for testing the cards that needed testing. I believe he sent me my full unit, just to make this easier for testing. (Getting that clarified still.)

Minor issues inside this ? "test unit" ? ... (All easily resolved. Just mentioning, in-case there needs to be some over-the-shoulder QC done.)
- Three fans mounted randomly backwards. (They were sucking, instead of blowing. Not a good thing. Check the orientation of all fans. They should all be mounted to blow air across the fins. Someone needs to be trained again, on the assembly line.)
- Four fans, have only two mounting screws to fasten them in place. (They were not diagonal mounted, they were side mounted. Diagonal would have made them secure.)
- One fan-plug was plugged half-way into the power-bar, with bent pins. (It was not touching enough to provide power to run the fan.)
- The LCD was not mounted in place. It was pushed onto four threaded screws, one was bent to "hold it in place". (It was held in place good enough to remain undamaged, however, I have added rubber washers to hold it firmly against the front of the unit.)
- The backplane was obviously under stress-load, as two cards were missing mounting screws. Both were missing one screw on bot sides. (Fixing that issue later.)
- One foot of the tower was broken. (Fixed with some double-sided tape. The push-mount was only partially broken.)
- No wire for the backplane to connect to the ras-pi. (Digging through my box of junk for one now.)
- Loose screws rolling around the case.
- A loose "stud-riser"... (Those are not even used in this unit. xD)

Overall, the unit is solid as a rock. By the structure. The case is easily the most delicate component. All that AMT has constructed, inside, was all high quality steel and aluminum. This will look much better in my acrylic/plexiglass custom case.

The only internal flaw I see, which was not something they did... Was the case ventilation. It is not setup well, as with 95% of all computer cases. Though, it seems to be acceptable, for normal operation.

Unfortunately, I can not test this "as is", as there is no PSU in my possession, which would power the unit with the 5-card backplane. I have a second backplane, and ras-pi/daughter-board... So my testing will continue with the 5-cards split into two units, until I can get a heat-sink made to fit one of the other cards that came without a heat-sink. I intended to run this as a 3 and 3 card unit, with 2 separate 750w PSU's. My final clear-case mods, will be setup as such. Both with the ability to add a fourth and fifth card, if desired, later-on... (For now, just to test the boards as they ship them to me for testing.)

Once I am all setup, as promised, I will be offering additional help, to those who can find it of use.

Thanks man. Your help has been most appreciated. I am excited to see what you figure out.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:48:04 AM

i know nothing of the ftc i am a uk citizen alls i know is if i click the terms and conditions not tos (terms of service) i am agreeing to the whole thing as is wether it succeeds any other laws/statutes as its the 'new binding agreement' like a pay day loan that gets you to tick a box or your bank with its un lawful charges. its all fine untill after someone says its not.

By your logic prostitution is legal.
 A man with $40 really needs a blow job, he meets a lady that really needs $40, they enter into an unwritten contract for services.  I guess everyone ever charged with prostitution forgot to mention the defence of "but they signed our terms and conditions"...

I actually believe that the plaintiffs lawyers will be extremely happy if they defence uses that strategy as it does nothing but help make the plaintiffs case.

Come on bro, you can't just write a bunch of shit on your website and then tell the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION to fuck off, well you can but it likely won't end well for the company...

prostitution is legal correct. it is the act of purchasing the sex that is illigal. soliciting i believe its called. that is why prostitutes rarley get fined or imprisoned unless they find some other reason to. they always arrest the guy.

My apologies for using the generic word prostitution instead of solicitation, you're arguing semantics now.  Point is why doesn't the prostitute simply provide a terms and condition if it so easy to write one that contravenes local, state or federal laws and regulations.  That way the John doesn't get charged and they are both completely legal because they wrote some bullshit T's & C's

I bet the fellows at AMT also believed like you do, but a harsh reality is probably about to set in.  Argue all you want but you can not "pencil whip" the FTC out of the equation.  In fact one of the reasons the FTC exists is so companies don't prey on the consumer with this bullshit.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:41:06 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 01:56:21 AM by ISAWHIM

(snip)

For the record, do these boards from AMT work?

If so,  what does a user need to do to make it work?  Should the heat sink be removed,  thermal paste re-applied to get this to work?

Any software settings need to make this work?

Not at that point yet... It arrived as I was headed to work... Only had a few minutes to see what I had delivered, and dissect it.

I am home now.

I will be testing each board individually, prior to grouping them all into a complete unit.

The backplane is the older backplane, not the one which can be "snapped" into smaller segments.

Step #1 for me is this...
- Visual inspection, to check for any obvious issues. (So far, I have seen nothing abnormal. All boards look great.)
- Test each card individually, to check for any issues. (The five with heat-sinks, are the ones with copper heatsinks.)
- Get a thermal snapshot in operation.
- Test operating voltages and power-draw, per chip, and per card.
- Begin adding cards, until I reach a load within my existing PSU's limits.
- Repeat with the remaining cards, that have heat-sinks.

As for the cards without heat-sinks... (I have the blue heat-sinks, and also copper, on those.)
- Pull the heat-sink from my worst operating card, to mount on the card without a heat-sink.
- Test that card individually. (Thermal, voltage, load.)
- Repeat for the other cards.

Then I have to go out and get another PSU, and source heat-sinks, to complete the project.

I may be able to use both my PSU's from my old scrypt-miners... But I still need a solution to the lack of heat-sinks. I have plenty of aluminum. Just not enough to cover the chips as this board is designed. Might have to build that water-cooled unit I was planning, out of my square tube aluminum. But then I still need a radiator. xD

Again, I do not know if the additional card was compensation, or if they expected me to localize the issue of the boards failures. (If the extra boards are not compensation... but rather, "my work". Still waiting to hear back from Josh about that.)

In any event, I should still be able to offer some guidance for better cooling, as I can see there may be an issue there.

In addition, I will be restructuring the internals, offered as a possible solution for AMT to use, or others, who are bound to using the CPU case as the final product. The case is a real nice case. Would make a great case for a bad-ass gaming-rig! It will find a new home, when I build the new case for the miner.

Going to setup my testing station now. May take me a few hours to get all setup, and running.

P.S. This is some HEAVY aluminum... I have a feeling it is not pure aluminum. Seems like a heavy composite of aluminum, silicon, steel/iron, copper, titanium. AKA: 4041 alloy. (Seems like the aluminum that heavy cooking pans are made from. Dense, but great thermal transferal, but also thermal retentive.) Need an acid-tester or an ultrasonic tester to confirm the alloy, for any certainty.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:27:41 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 03:16:57 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

<snip>
Most excellent!
Query: As we know the chipsinks aren't held on the greatest so... If the case is vertical I take it the boards horizontal. Are they at least chip side up so gravity doesn't do its thing trying to slide them off? Smiley

Would like to also know if the Vcore FET chips are thermally bonded to the heatsinks. That is the one flaw I see with my Ants, they decided not to at all for some reason so the FET's are the hottest thing on the boards @ 82C. The thermal via pads are there, just not linked to the sinks. Gonna fix that.

I still think that at these power levels liquid is the way to go. Perhaps little aluminum heat xfr plates made from pieces sawed off of a single side heatsink clamped (squeezed) onto 1/4" copper tube? For the main sinks, see what size tubing can be forced between the fins. Preferably to the root.

I use Koolance.com for most of my pump, tank & radiator needs for our lasers. Also have great drip-less quick connect fittings. Luere fittings from McMaster are a bit cheaper but not as pretty...

On the thermal retention of the heatsinks, perhaps hack a minute or so of fans running for cool down when the blades are off? Kinda a reverse warm up for vacuum tubes Tongue  What is the 12v keep-alive current rating on the psu? Bet it's enough for fans... And assuming you use the ATX jumper to switch power vs the main switch on the psu of course.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:24:36 AM

Dear Mr. Park,

Spondoolies-Tech

Me too, though my SP10 is in the air and should be here Wednesday.  Still wish I had the 12K from AMT to buy more SPs.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: