Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:25:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:19:24 PM

Yea after the fact lol. Honestly that should be a sticky on this forum IMO. I commented there to vote for sticky status. I suggest others do to just to get it there. That page alone is huge in deterring people away from scams or incompetent vendors.

AMT wants to make the argument that all vendors are having trouble like they are.

Well, yes,  most of them have problems, but most of them have been known to deliver something.

All in all though a ratings system for vendors is good. It raises the bar on quality for vendors. Some will be good on their own merits, but having a ready list helps.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:35:17 PM

<snip>
Committing fraud is a serious crime, accepting more orders that's even worst, apparently they have not learn the lesson.
If you are referring to AMT's website - it has been frozen for a month or more due to the suits & investigations so it cannot be changed to reflect their current non-sales mode. It is what it is.

However, AMT is also NOT accepting new orders. Even Phin proved that.

For the freezing website part, I do not think its due to a lawsuit. A lawsuit cannot prevent business functions to come to a halt unless judgment has already been rendered. For discovery purposes all they would have to do is make a copy of their website and state this is how the website was at the time of filing.
opieum2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

<snip>
Committing fraud is a serious crime, accepting more orders that's even worst, apparently they have not learn the lesson.
If you are referring to AMT's website - it has been frozen for a month or more due to the suits & investigations so it cannot be changed to reflect their current non-sales mode. It is what it is.

For the freezing website part, I do not think its due to a lawsuit. A lawsuit cannot prevent business functions to come to a halt unless judgment has already been rendered. For discovery purposes all they would have to do is make a copy of their website and state this is how the website was at the time of filing.

Not entirley true. Even in the now infamous Apple vs Samsung lawsuit they were pushing for injunctions that would and I believe did bar the sale of some devices in the US. The injunction in the AMT case could have been done before the judgement in an attempt to make sure they don't cover their tracks by adjusting the site and thereby removing evidence which is a part of the trial. So this can easily have happened. Depending on circumstances judges will do that. Seems likely in this case they did.

sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:49:31 PM

<snip>

Not entirley true. Even in the now infamous Apple vs Samsung lawsuit they were pushing for injunctions that would and I believe did bar the sale of some devices in the US. The injunction in the AMT case could have been done before the judgement in an attempt to make sure they don't cover their tracks by adjusting the site and thereby removing evidence which is a part of the trial. So this can easily have happened. Depending on circumstances judges will do that. Seems likely in this case they did.

Yes, but for that was for infringing on someone elses intellectual property and it was shown that every day one of the companies was losing money due to the infringement. You cant sue someone and then suddenly their business is completely shut down until its resolved. If that was the case then every lawsuit would have to get resolved within a month otherwise it would force every company to go into bankruptcy even for frivolous lawsuits.
opieum2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:31:25 PM

True enough. Either way it is likley they were shut down though. Not being able to take orders among other things going on is a pretty damning sign no matter what the cause.

plp

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

Dam my boards came back from fed ex all beat up ;(  they didnt work any wayz but now there worse than before .
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:04:10 PM

Yeesh! Seems some folks in the pool I use picked up some serious hashing pharm power...
This round has been running only 15 minutes.

Rank    Name    Round Shares    Rate this Round
1    aerobatic    32997979.57216952    107367.61 GH/s
2    Private    21365524.20419547    69518.35 GH/s
3    Private    9269397.08919503    30160.42 GH/s
4    Net151    7655654.88623410    24909.69 GH/s
5    xenominer27    3651731.13999998    11881.87 GH/s
6    Private    2746939.15535708    8937.89 GH/s

107 TH. woof.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:09:54 PM

Dam my boards came back from fed ex all beat up ;(  they didnt work any wayz but now there worse than before .
eep!. Just boards by themselves should have survived quite well even if just 'reasonably' packed in a box with some anti-static bubblewrap around each of them... More FedEx Football Follies?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 11:51:13 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Yea, Rik... I had that same issue... check that cards chip-mounting... I assume it was lifted on one corner, like mine...
<snip>
I did notice that this v3.0.A card only has one of the four "COUT" connections, per chip. Two, apparently not on the correct side. (Also note, there are screw-thread markings on the solderpoints where one of them should have been. (Apparently the fan-screws were drilled right into it. Possibly shorting it out? Not from me, I have fans mounted with plastic push-in mounts.) Not sure why the fan screws are that long in the first place. Might be why some fans didn't even have screws mounting them.

Not sure why they don't have all four junctions of the "COUT" filled on this board. Really not sure what damage the fan-screw being drilled across both terminals would have done to the board, but I can't imagine it being good.
Are you referring to the Vcore regulator plane feeds to the A1 chip?? Since the chip has 7 Vdd pads total around its edges that dunna make any sense...

plp

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:41:58 PM

I am going to make a video of me throwing these boards off a 15 story building maybe it gets good hashing power on the way down lol
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:44:35 PM

I am going to make a video of me throwing these boards off a 15 story building maybe it gets good hashing power on the way down lol
+1 for probably rather satisfying creativity Smiley

opieum2

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:40:48 AM

My AMT boards are pretty much next to dead. I have 3 working boards. And I will consider myself fortunate if I even get replacements at this point.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:28:34 AM

Wait, gimme the heat-sinks.. I have three boards without heatsinks! xD

P.S. If you send the boards to some guy, I think he will mount them on blank boards made by technobit.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:40:19 AM

My AMT boards are pretty much next to dead. I have 3 working boards. And I will consider myself fortunate if I even get replacements at this point.
eep... Contact BitMine.ch and see if they will exchange or offer any help? Long shot but can't hurt to try. Would really open them to um, other exposure though.

For now, hate to say but maybe eco-mode it to 20GH/chip??

ISAWHIM

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:42:06 AM

Are you referring to the Vcore regulator plane feeds to the A1 chip?? Since the chip has 7 Vdd pads total around its edges that dunna make any sense...

These connections... Labeled "COUT", filled with "KO 337 6K 345" SMD resistors...

Though, on one card there are four...
2x "KO 337 6K 345" TOP-RIGHT and BOTTOM-LEFT...
2x "R+ 107 10K 402" TOP-LEFT and BOTTOM-RIGHT...

On mine, there is only one per chip...
Of 8 chips, 6 have the "KO 337 6K 345" on the BOTTOM-LEFT...
The last two, position 7 and 8, have that same resistor only on the BOTTOM-RIGHT... Huh

That is the card that just stopped responding for no reason... the one with obvious screw-threads dug-in to the solder, on the #7 chip, where the "KO 337 6K 345" should have been, on the BOTTOM-LEFT. (Instead, that is on the BOTTOM-RIGHT, on that chip, and the one above it, #8)

These, outlined in this photo... I have only 1 of four of these, on each chip, on two of my cards actually. I have not tried the other one, due to the lack of a heat-sink on it.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:51:12 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 02:23:52 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Sumptin' ain't right there...

The KO come up as SMD caps from Kemet corp. https://www.pa.msu.edu/ftp/pub/d0/run2b/l1cal/hardware/component_information/kemet_tant_and_ceramic_caps.pdf And they damn well all better be conmected to or big trouble balancing power into the chip! As in probably some Vdd pads pulling different currents leading to hot spots.

The R+ are 10k resistors. Hope folks dinna get them mixed up...

Hopefully each cap feeds/is a bypass for each one of the 4 big Vdd pads on the chip. Wonder if they also feed the 3 other small ones? More incomplete assembly I'd say.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:55:38 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 02:14:24 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Along these lines, Are they still just paralleling a heap'o fet buck regulators into one common set of power planes? If so, for god sakes why???

The same company that make the one in the 2-chip reference design also makes a 16ch one.  For 8 chips you could give each its own independent Vcore supply with current monitoring for mainly only the cost of 4 more mosfets and 2 more buck inductors... If a chip fails hard the regulator kills power to it and tells ya. Not rocket science here.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:23:27 AM

Erk the KO come up as SMD caps from Kmet corp. https://www.pa.msu.edu/ftp/pub/d0/run2b/l1cal/hardware/component_information/kemet_tant_and_ceramic_caps.pdf And they damn well all better be conmected to or big trouble balancing power into the chip! As in possibly some Vdd pads pulling different currents leading to hot spots.

Hopefully each cap feeds/is a bypass for each one of the 4 big Vdd pads on the chip. Wonder if they also feed the 3 other small ones? More incomplete assembly I'd say.

Yea, I just looked-up the R+ ones...

Interesting that they have caps in the same shell as a resistor. I just assumed the 6K was Ohms, not Farads. Odd... (KEMET I.D. Symbol) Figures. xD

So they used the CAP, on only one side, but not the resistors... (The resistors would have just bled-out the caps, and added a base-line voltage, where the caps didn't have the full charge.)

May have been overkill... but the thing with caps, is that the farads half when in parallel, they don't add... Thus, cutting one out would have doubled the farads, with half the available amps. Without the resistor, they would just keep filling and providing over-voltage... Might have been the first design, where they thought they could operate fine without those other components, then realized they couldn't, so they added them back. That changes the frequency absorption also. (This I know from making passive and active crossovers for speakers, and noise/notch filters.)

Funny that they have so many smaller caps around them, which could all be one larger cap. I assume for frequency dipping and filtering. However, without the other three connections, there is almost no need to have them on the other side at all. Unless they all share that common plate. (I assume they do. Have not attempted to probe anything yet, until I get my second unit up and running.)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:28:24 AM

Erk the KO come up as SMD caps from Kmet corp. https://www.pa.msu.edu/ftp/pub/d0/run2b/l1cal/hardware/component_information/kemet_tant_and_ceramic_caps.pdf And they damn well all better be conmected to or big trouble balancing power into the chip! As in possibly some Vdd pads pulling different currents leading to hot spots.

Yea, I just looked-up the R+ ones...

Interesting that they have caps in the same shell as a resistor.

So they used the CAP, on only one side, but not the resistors... (The resistors would have just bled-out the caps, and added a base-line voltage, where the caps didn't have the full charge.)

May have been overkill... but the thing with caps, is that the farads half when in parallel, they don't add... Thus, cutting one out would have doubled the farads, with half the available amps. Without the resistor, they would just keep filling and providing over-voltage...

Bzzzt. Other way around. Caps in parallel add together. 1+1=2 ect. In series they divide. Resistors of course do oposite. series adds, parallel is 1/((1/r1)+(1/r2)+ etc.)

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:32:41 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 01:44:21 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Willing to bet that each cap is supposed to feed one of the big Vdd pads. And no such thing as overkill at this. Unless the copper plane are like 20mil thick, without that local bypassing you are going to see at least several 10's of mv unbalance and probably pretty weird spikes/dips/ ringing.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: