Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:50:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:59:52 PM

Okay guys, good positive/bad update.

I got 6 modules cards that run successfully. I have a ghetto-rigged backplane that I had to solder 3 times because the thing kept burning out for some reason.

Probably a bad board design...tisk tisk AMT/Bitmine.

The other 4 module cards I have ARE DEAD, they do not mine at all. I want a full replacement on these 4 cards AMT. I will post my statistics of the diagnostics on these cards.

I am currently mining at slush pool, and waiting another 24 hours before I post my STATS. I was running in TURBO mode, and it ran like a dream...

Josh, please message me so I can arrange a trip to you to pick up my BACKPLANES that you were suppose to ship to me 2 weeks ago. Also, to replace these 4 module cards you gave me that were crap. You told me you tested them, obviously not my friend.

Lets be cordial here, and settle this like men, I met you in person. Now play by the rules, and lets settle this.

Otherwise, we will have some other things to talk about...

PLEASE respond AMT whether by email or publicly.

Thanks! ~

Very Respectfully,

~Casey A. Merry~
~Merry Miners CEO~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:04:12 PM

Do you not have the larger heatsink that covers a whole side of the board? Or do you have a bare board with just little heatsinks? I am trying to understand the need for new heatsinks. The ones on there seem fine to me.

The Dragon Miners seem to have it on both sides,  so I am guessing that they likely have it done right.

Possibly. But those other heatsinks arent covering all the chips either. Which is odd by itself.

Well, you only need to cover the coincraft a1 chips.   I guess the Dragon Miner has all its chips on the center of the board unlike AMT where it is spread out at the edges.

I was under the impression it was a reference design. So all would be building them relatively similar based on the bitmine design. I haven't looked into it too deep but I might out of curiosity.

Bitmine has a revision 3 board that is different from the AMT (Bitmine revision 2) board.   I believe Btimine had trouble with the revision 2 boards and stopped shipment of any system greater than 800 GHs.   Don't know if it was a power or heat problem.  

I think the current AMT design should work at around 800 GHs... 3 boards.

I got 5 boards on the setup. I also got what appears to be less fans on the design. Two larger fans pushing air through. I think from an airflow perspective that will work just fine. I will post some pics tonight to show what I got. I should have one unit functional tonight as it is so I can start with some initial observations and issues. From what I understand they did some work to compensate for some of the issues bitmine was having. Hopefully the work and the review I do on the 1.2 miner helps others here having issues.

my recomendation is get two more high flow fans at the back. either in a push pull or both push to cool the back chips as its not cased the air flows straight off the top

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:13:38 PM

@Casey, with the blown boards do you know what caused it? were you able to sort out the reason why it failed? Just curious so maybe it can be prevented, thanks. It shouldn't even need to be done but knowing that might help in avoiding these from failing.

And how were you able to manage 6 cards? I thought these things came standard with 5? Did you get a 6th? how did you get it to work?

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:17:55 PM

Do you not have the larger heatsink that covers a whole side of the board? Or do you have a bare board with just little heatsinks? I am trying to understand the need for new heatsinks. The ones on there seem fine to me.

The Dragon Miners seem to have it on both sides,  so I am guessing that they likely have it done right.

Possibly. But those other heatsinks arent covering all the chips either. Which is odd by itself.

Well, you only need to cover the coincraft a1 chips.   I guess the Dragon Miner has all its chips on the center of the board unlike AMT where it is spread out at the edges.

I was under the impression it was a reference design. So all would be building them relatively similar based on the bitmine design. I haven't looked into it too deep but I might out of curiosity.

Bitmine has a revision 3 board that is different from the AMT (Bitmine revision 2) board.   I believe Btimine had trouble with the revision 2 boards and stopped shipment of any system greater than 800 GHs.   Don't know if it was a power or heat problem.  

I got 5 boards on the setup. I also got what appears to be less fans on the design. Two larger fans pushing air through. I think from an airflow perspective that will work just fine. I will post some pics tonight to show what I got. I should have one unit functional tonight as it is so I can start with some initial observations and issues. From what I understand they did some work to compensate for some of the issues bitmine was having. Hopefully the work and the review I do on the 1.2 miner helps others here having issues.

my recomendation is get two more high flow fans at the back. either in a push pull or both push to cool the back chips as its not cased the air flows straight off the top

Yea I was thinking the same thing too. The extra cooling won't hurt. going to put them on both ends to just reinforce airflow. I got a "lid" of sorts to keep the airflow within the heatsinks.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:22:01 PM

I got 6 modules cards that run successfully. I have a ghetto-rigged backplane that I had to solder 3 times because the thing kept burning out for some reason.

The other 4 module cards I have ARE DEAD, they do not mine at all. I want a full replacement on these 4 cards AMT. I will post my statistics of the diagnostics on these cards.

I am currently mining at slush pool, and waiting another 24 hours before I post my STATS. I was running in TURBO mode, and it ran like a dream...

Josh, please message me so I can arrange a trip to you to pick up my BACKPLANES that you were suppose to ship to me 2 weeks ago. Also, to replace these 4 module cards you gave me that were crap. You told me you tested them, obviously not my friend.

Lets be cordial here, and settle this like men, I met you in person. Now play by the rules, and lets settle this.

Thanks! ~

Very Respectfully,

~Casey A. Merry~
~Merry Miners CEO~

I got at least two cards that have their power connectors torn of due to a bad shipment.  

How about

(1) I send you these two cards (in the hope you repair them) in exchange for the two broken cards you identified.

or alternatively....

(3) I send you these two cards in the hopes that you have a better chance on getting them replaced when you meet AMT in person.

One last question,

are all your boards with orange or blue heatsinks?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:23:22 PM

Speaking about BACKPLANES... I'm still waiting for my BACKPLANE.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:46:30 PM

Thanks! ~

Very Respectfully,

~Casey A. Merry~
~Merry Miners CEO~

what temps was you getting in turbo mode? also if you have the voltage readings too that would be a bonus
also how did you connect 6 cards up? my backplane only has 5 card slots
opieum2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:52:55 PM

Thanks! ~

Very Respectfully,

~Casey A. Merry~
~Merry Miners CEO~

what temps was you getting in turbo mode? also if you have the voltage readings too that would be a bonus
also how did you connect 6 cards up? my backplane only has 5 card slots

+1 to this. I would like to know also. I will be checking temps myself.

plp

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:28:04 PM

I've been emailing these guys once a day and I get crickets .  I got 3 boards out of 5 not running . The only response I got was why arent your boards running really ?? I donno maybe check them that they work before they leave your facility
opieum2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:31:31 PM

What sort of PSU are you using? And how many amps you got running on the circuit they on? It might be how they are hooked up too. There are a few reasons why that could be happening. Maybe those of us here on the forum can help.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:34:38 PM

I've been emailing these guys once a day and I get crickets .  I got 3 boards out of 5 not running . The only response I got was why arent your boards running really ?? I donno maybe check them that they work before they leave your facility

Same experience here.

Technical support is non-existent.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:40:51 PM

What sort of PSU are you using? And how many amps you got running on the circuit they on? It might be how they are hooked up too. There are a few reasons why that could be happening. Maybe those of us here on the forum can help.

It would be helpful if we did know if AMT tested the boards prior to shipment. 

The number of bad boards is indeed surprising.   However, it does explain why AMT and Bitmine.ch have trouble shipping.

At this stage of the game,  it appears that AMT knowingly ships without testing (or is aware that a board is bad).   The only motivation now seems to claim that they are shipping.  In the meantime, they leave almost every customer who received a unit in the dark as to how to make their system work.

To be honest,  just shipping the units isn't going to cut it.   AMT needs to provide technical support and needs to honor their MPP.   A non-working system has a hash rate of 0 THs and IMHO is tantamount to fraud if a refund is not provided.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:08:55 PM

It would be helpful if we did know if AMT tested the boards prior to shipment. 

The number of bad boards is indeed surprising.   However, it does explain why AMT and Bitmine.ch have trouble shipping.

At this stage of the game,  it appears that AMT knowingly ships without testing (or is aware that a board is bad).   The only motivation now seems to claim that they are shipping.  In the meantime, they leave almost every customer who received a unit in the dark as to how to make their system work.

To be honest,  just shipping the units isn't going to cut it.   AMT needs to provide technical support and needs to honor their MPP.   A non-working system has a hash rate of 0 THs and IMHO is tantamount to fraud if a refund is not provided.

yes. Shipping a unit that does not hash = non delivery.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:11:06 PM

After waiting 6 days for a response to horrible shipping and no instructions

we wanted to make a instructional video showing the setup process. I will send you that or any other kind of instructions asap.

Best Regards,
Alyssa

You wanted to?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:28:57 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 10:45:13 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

The Dragon Miners seem to have it on both sides,  so I am guessing that they likely have it done right.

There was a post late in the A1 dev thread with a pic of something similar https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294235.msg5864266#msg5864266

Same central positioning. Also note that they have 2 PCIe power feeds to the card. 8 chips >238GHs from the one board. Check the post date, Feb 3. Wanna bet that Bitmine was already committed to the spread outside idea and stayed that route. Maybe it was blind belief that somehow the power eaten when in turbo would just go away and a really really big sink on the backside would do it?

'Prolly the Chinese just saw what BM.ch had ran into, accepted the power loads and dealt it it properly. Also make it mighty easy to mount a liquid cooling block there...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:51:51 PM

<snip>
Because it is not only heatsink. In such a low voltage and clock I can almost fell  heat on my Technobit boards when I touch them. Something is totally wrong here with quality components or whatever ...
I am wandering if you bought complete Assam led unit what psu is inside Also?
What chips, Avalon gen3? Bitfury? Speed? I see Techno bit selling only small A1 chi miners.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:04:00 PM

Good to see Joshua Zipkin has time to log on to delete my posts, but not the time to address the many issues you have all brought up.

Josh, you are a stupid little man. I hope you end up in prison for all of the fraud you are perpetrating.

Opieum: I'm sure you will end up like many here, with a half-ass working miner that needs industrial cooling to keep from overheating. No one gives a shit about "how stressed out Joshua is" or how you've summed him up to be a good genuine person because of your 'judge of character'. This is business not personal, and he's done a terrible job so far running this so-called business.

Friction: I am wondering why you are investing more of your money into buying parts to get this hunk of crap working. Follow through with the suit and try for your refund. At this point you are just digging yourself further into monetary loss.

Not gonna disagree you are right about it being business to a point. That is correct its a business transaction. That said it also makes sense to follow that transaction with a diplomatic manner so there is always a personal component to it. And that requires making good on your word. I spoke to my own personal experience with meeting Josh. I think I am what the 3rd person to have an actual personal interaction with him from this forum. Phin being the second and Mblackout being the first (speaking about people in this forum). All I did was relate what I saw and my OPINIONS on it. Now people have a choice to either wait or proceed with legal action. I got no impression that they were going to try and screw everyone just that they were looking to make this right for everyone. That I also stated. Everyone here knows they have the option and likely most already have gone the legal route.

What are you contributing to the discussion besides a bad attitude? IF my miner is a "half-ass working miner that needs industrial cooling to keep from overheating". What do you suggest from a technical standpoint to make it work? For every technical problem there is usually a solution. What do you suggest? If AMT does not offer the solution well the community can help each other out for those of us that have working hardware maybe can lay out some insight into how to better get their hardware going. I know I have been trying to contribute with whatever I can when I can.

Once I power it on and it does its thing I will report back on that. If it doesnt work then everyone will know it and also know why.

@Friction, I am going take a look at my miner once I get home and the back-plane. If the back-plane requires no actual firmware or special software to work then its possible to rig a cable up to make this work. while unfortunate it might be a better situation to get your miner working. Obviously you have your options but hopefully this idea might be worthwhile to make this work. That also depends on whether you even want to go that route. Its also cheap to do if its possible

At this point the company thing is a moot point. Its been beaten to death. We all know For those with the hardware we may as well help each other out as that is certainly possible. This hardware uses fairly standard component connectors and opensource software so its possible to make this work. If there are physical hardware problems then that's a different matter altogether. Blown chips and cracked PCBs will require obvious replacements.

Yes dude every technical issue has the solution but when magic smoke comes out the only solution is called garbage bag
Someone said the delays were because they worked out some of bitmine issues?
And you do believe in this shit. There are not able to chose and mont a pice of aluminum on that board for 2 mounts?
It is completely gamble here. My impressions are that 20-30% of total crap delivered will not blast immediately Grin
Because it is not only heatsink. In such a low voltage and clock I can almost fell  heat on my Technobit boards when I touch them. Something is totally wrong here with quality components or whatever ...
I am wandering if you bought complete Assam led unit what psu is inside Also?

At the end of the day if I can get it working that's what matters. If I can help a few people out in the process also I will be glad it worked out for them at least. At the end of the day those who invested had the most to lose. Right now all we can do is turn it around and make the most of the hand we got dealt. That means making these work. Again contribute something useful besides saying its trash. I think its evident there are issues. There is no question. But why rub it in? Do you get pleasure from saying I told you so? I think we all know the situation. But again if I get a working unit then I will consider myself fortunate. If not well I will address it and get it replaced.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:08:13 PM

+1 ^^
Pretty much what he was told in the A1 dev forum. But put much more nicely.

plp

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:09:12 PM

I got 2 power supplys 30 amp for each power supply I have enough power for these things .. its just the boards are not working .. I even repaired the back plane thing that burnt . How i repaired it i got one of those tiny cables from a bad mother board and connected it back with black tape . I mean the tiny cables from the circuit board . 3 boards dont work or seem to turn on if theres a way some one has had to kick start these things please share .. I tested each board individually aswell .   Maybe there something we can do to the circuit board to make it work .
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:12:33 PM

Got an +5v floppy pwr connector feeding the back plane? It powers the link circuits.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: