Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:46:33 PM

Generally speaking the whole pre-order thing is a mess. Also noticing that ALL of the US Miner companies are the ones getting or under threat for being sued....but also have the shitty practices that are getting them into this mess in the first place.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:10:59 PM

Out of curiosity, who here has a working AMT miner regardless of hashrate?

Trying to see what can be done to support this at a community level. I am still data gathering on mine. I don't want to post anything solid until I am ready to do so. I really want to put this through its paces.

By working I mean fully functioning not partially. If the issues are related to power that's something else. But it would be interesting to note whose hardware is working.  Also taking notes on what worked for you vs what didn't...might help others with the hardware make the same mistakes.

opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:33:09 PM

AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?AMT WHERE IS MY REFUND?

Might want to spam that into their inbox instead. Considering the lack of activity here you won't get a reply here most likely. At this point you already know your options. Might want to look at that route of you are not looking to get the hardware.

There are various emails to email just type in the subject bct forum |12 order #yourorderhere and just ask away. Altho if you want a reply might be better worded lol. Its more of a professional thing on your part and if you decide to go legal using an email with the above just makes you look crazy. Best to keep correspondence as professional as possible for your own sake.

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

Out of curiosity, who here has a working AMT miner regardless of hashrate?

Trying to see what can be done to support this at a community level. I am still data gathering on mine. I don't want to post anything solid until I am ready to do so. I really want to put this through its paces.

By working I mean fully functioning not partially. If the issues are related to power that's something else. But it would be interesting to note whose hardware is working.  Also taking notes on what worked for you vs what didn't...might help others with the hardware make the same mistakes.

my miner worked from the get go out of the box (bar a little problem with the pi but that was user error)
only thing that is wrong with mine is im a few cores down on 2 chips on one blade, so it lowered hashrates a little but if poss im sure a voltage tweak would sort that as the same chips are slightly underpowerd.
apart from that its been mining as it should and a little more than the 520 i ordered (nominal)
opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:29:54 PM

I ran into a similar issue. And yea it seems to be a power issue. Least it is on my 1.2Ths systems. I experience similar problems on both of them. But the drop in hashrate is not alot. Looking at maybe 10-20ghs drops (which might be alot but in light of a 1.2Ths system is not too bad and still within a good range). 

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:20:09 PM

It is obvious that AMT is sitting on their hands and being non-communicative on purpose. No company can be this ignorant to their customers without it being intentional.

They know  anything they say will be used against them in court. They're going to jail people.... You simply cannot conduct business in this way in the United States without spending time behind bars.

If you think businesses don't get away with much more than has happened with AMT you live in some sort of fantasy world that sounds like it might be fun to vacation in.

If I had to guess my thought is that they are primarily in save their own asses mode.  Each time I've talked to Josh in the past two weeks he's mentioned how hectic it is with the lawsuits, I have this vision of the world crumbling around them.
silence is golden in the world of law, hes said things in the past that are now twisted against him. cant blame them for keeping quiet right now.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:26:51 PM

It is obvious that AMT is sitting on their hands and being non-communicative on purpose. No company can be this ignorant to their customers without it being intentional.

They know  anything they say will be used against them in court. They're going to jail people.... You simply cannot conduct business in this way in the United States without spending time behind bars.

If you think businesses don't get away with much more than has happened with AMT you live in some sort of fantasy world that sounds like it might be fun to vacation in.

If I had to guess my thought is that they are primarily in save their own asses mode.  Each time I've talked to Josh in the past two weeks he's mentioned how hectic it is with the lawsuits, I have this vision of the world crumbling around them.
silence is golden in the world of law, hes said things in the past that are now twisted against him. cant blame them for keeping quiet right now.

True enough. Hopefully they are just focused on getting the hardware out there for everyone. The lawsuits and all that are going to take time to happen as it is. So it may be a while before anything gets off the ground.

mellorbo

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

I ran into a similar issue. And yea it seems to be a power issue. Least it is on my 1.2Ths systems. I experience similar problems on both of them. But the drop in hashrate is not alot. Looking at maybe 10-20ghs drops (which might be alot but in light of a 1.2Ths system is not too bad and still within a good range). 

im a little worse off than that i have 3 boards 2 doing 204-205ghs and one does 155ghs Sad

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:22:20 AM

im a little worse off than that i have 3 boards 2 doing 204-205ghs and one does 155ghs Sad

COULD be a power problem. But I dont know. How much are you running on the circuit the miner sits on? And what else is plugged into it?

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:14:52 AM

3 of my boards don't hash.

two boards aren't recognized at all when plugging them in individually, one only registers 155 active cores and notes several "broken chips" when plugged in individually.

As for how someone would make the assumption that I think that its okay for businesses to get away with treating customers in this way and stealing money from people I'm not sure, but They're going to jail people.... You simply cannot conduct business in this way in the United States without spending time behind bars is a bit naive when we've seen over and over again that this just isn't the case.

People seem to think that by 1000 people suing them that means they get jail time. It's just not how our legal system works. They have a way to avoid the crippling debt of court costs and lawyers fees. It's called self representation, which really wouldn't be a terrible choice considering they have no legal ground to stand on. Then they just file for certain bankruptcy protections, which may or may not be afforded to them depending on how their company is set up and if what they did was considered fraudulent (and not by you or me).

The only way we see them getting jail time is if there is a criminal case launched against them, which at this point we aren't privy to. And even then there is no guarantee they spend anytime in jail, perhaps they are just forced to pay a fine.

You paint an overly simplified picture of the US legal system.

Having already spoke with the people from the class action they have layed out that it's a long road with no guarantee you'll ever see a penny back. That's not to discourage you or anyone from joining in with them, which isn't really how it works anyway. If you are in the class you are in the class unless you choose to waive that right.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:49:22 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 02:00:06 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

COULD be a power problem. But I dont know. How much are you running on the circuit the miner sits on? And what else is plugged into it?
Your PSU or AMT's? If yours, make sure that each PCIe cable you are using will put out what is needed. As shown with the TH PSU's, not all rails deliver the same current. Look up the specs on the rails of the PSU to make sure.

Tried swapping the good/low hash cars & power feeds? If so does the low hash card do better if in 'good card' slot/fed from it's 'good' power? And vica-versa as well - does a good card drop off?

Still, at least meets advertised spec + a bit more and is less hungry than 2 of my OC'd Ants (837w for 2 running 190ghs each).

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:52:48 AM

3 of my boards don't hash.

two boards aren't recognized at all when plugging them in individually, one only registers 155 active cores and notes several "broken chips" when plugged in individually.

As for how someone would make the assumption that I think that its okay for businesses to get away with treating customers in this way and stealing money from people I'm not sure, but They're going to jail people.... You simply cannot conduct business in this way in the United States without spending time behind bars is a bit naive when we've seen over and over again that this just isn't the case.

People seem to think that by 1000 people suing them that means they get jail time. It's just not how our legal system works. They have a way to avoid the crippling debt of court costs and lawyers fees. It's called self representation, which really wouldn't be a terrible choice considering they have no legal ground to stand on. Then they just file for certain bankruptcy protections, which may or may not be afforded to them depending on how their company is set up and if what they did was considered fraudulent (and not by you or me).

The only way we see them getting jail time is if there is a criminal case launched against them, which at this point we aren't privy to. And even then there is no guarantee they spend anytime in jail, perhaps they are just forced to pay a fine.

You paint an overly simplified picture of the US legal system.

Having already spoke with the people from the class action they have layed out that it's a long road with no guarantee you'll ever see a penny back. That's not to discourage you or anyone from joining in with them, which isn't really how it works anyway. If you are in the class you are in the class unless you choose to waive that right.

For those in the US at best if you don't recoup the cost or get a replacement for the hardware it can be written off as a business tax expense. You can claim it as a loss. I had already consulted with a CPA on this and it is possible to claim as a business loss. It isn't any consolation but its better than nothing at this point. Whatever you spent will just lower your taxable income at that point.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:03:31 AM

For those in the US at best if you don't recoup the cost or get a replacement for the hardware it can be written off as a business tax expense. You can claim it as a loss. I had already consulted with a CPA on this and it is possible to claim as a business loss. It isn't any consolation but its better than nothing at this point. Whatever you spent will just lower your taxable income at that point.
and it will hopefully offset what the IRS is gonna want when our BTC are spent/cashed in...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:11:16 AM

and it will hopefully offset what the IRS is gonna want when our BTC are spent/cashed in...

So, I gather we can claim the loss.   Interesting enough, I think if the class action suit is won, the winnings aren't taxable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mellorbo

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:52:45 AM

i live in uk so im running off a 30A circuit and my pc was pulling way more power when i was litecoin mining so i dont think its that
mellorbo

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:55:57 AM

Your PSU or AMT's? If yours, make sure that each PCIe cable you are using will put out what is needed. As shown with the TH PSU's, not all rails deliver the same current. Look up the specs on the rails of the PSU to make sure.

Tried swapping the good/low hash cars & power feeds? If so does the low hash card do better if in 'good card' slot/fed from it's 'good' power? And vica-versa as well - does a good card drop off?

Still, at least meets advertised spec + a bit more and is less hungry than 2 of my OC'd Ants (837w for 2 running 190ghs each).

im using my psu : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020062-UK-Series-RM1000-Modular/dp/B00FLVIQQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398246796&sr=8-1&keywords=rm+1000w
i believe there is enough power with this psu and yes i have even tried the card in its own slot by itself and still get same results.
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:03:13 AM

cannot see how ot is a power problem. the rig pulls a measly 610 ish watts of power running on a 1000 watt psu. although there is another pc plugged in the same room

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
mellorbo

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:29:09 AM

Whats this thread all about ?
amt's elusive miners lmao
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

I have made an observation, and hopefully I am wrong here. BUt in not one single case is anyone using the recommended PSU's that AMT recommends. Even I had problems and I was using the LEPA 1600W. I was actually discouraged from using that but I had already ordered. Instead I ordered a couple more of the rosewill 1600W power supplies that AMT recommended (one of 3 types they recommended) and will be using that to get a proper recommended setup. I was running into a power sag issue where they would hash just fine for a bit and then sorta drop and I would eventually get the 0Ghs issue until I fully powered off and restarted. So I could not do any sustained tests. The problem was sorta random BUT I started to suspect power as the outlet had no issues so power was consistent there....and I have experienced similar issues with gaming rigs with multiple GPUs...in that case the system would just crash until I got a proper PSU. The power testing would be where the problem showed itself. I would recommend just getting one of the 3 PSUs they posted and going with that. Obviously at some point it must have been tested. And we should get results with that. I will post more once I have them.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:29:34 PM

OK, I sent back my 1.2T full miner that came smashed up by 2 day FEDEX Ground. I spent a little bit of time with my guys to figure out the problem of why it would not turn on at all. Believe it or not, the issue was that the power supply was not connected! There would have been no way this would have been disconnected during shipping, because of the way a 24 pin connector lock in. I was actually going on vacation the day the miner arrived, so I did not have time to figure out why it would not power up at all. I was able to log in by getting an IP on DHCP, and as I figured, only 2 of the boards worked for a total combined hashing rate of 500Gh/s and not 1.2Th/s. Some of the non-working boards had smashed connectors, and also the backplane looked bend would explain this. As ive said I am buying miners from all different companies, so me building a kit or figuring out an SDK for this miner is not in the cards.

I have shipped the miner back as instructed, I am sending you the tracking number. The FedEx clerk who didn't speak English that well advised me against sending a $6,000 in that sort of box. I also thought to myself, this box looks so bad, maybe FedEx will think it is nothing important or breakable. But I explained it was already broken, lets hope it doesn't get damaged any further.

Can you please ship me another well packed 1.2T miner? I prefer a refund, but it seems you will not refund me so there is no other choice.

Thank You.

This is one of the pieces that fell out, I believe this connects the cards to the backplane...

NAh that's just the home version of the game everyone gets just for ordering.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: