Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:39:30 PM

The problem (not with AMT but the whole pre-order model) is that there has been an expectation set, and we as consumers have not broken with that expectation. We keep shoveling the companies money, they need to go a more traditional route for raising capital. And until we force them too they are going to advertise vaporware and ship shit that barely, if it even, meets specs.

That would hopefully help to slow adoption of miners cause current technologies to have a slightly greater time span between rounds of hardware. Right now it's not about stability, it's an arms race, on paper at least.

Nothing pisses me off more then when a company starts touting it's next generation model before shipping it's current model.  It's a cart before the hose situation. Why should I put more in your coffers if you can meet the demand that you already have. Develop hardware, revise it. Sell new revisions at lower prices to boost up how much money you have for your next run then do it. And maybe just maybe in the process you learned something along the way rather than starting from scratch every damn time.

But essential AMT is just an assembler of parts. And they don't appear to be too great at doing that either.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:42:44 PM

But essential AMT is just an assembler of parts. And they don't appear to be too great at doing that either.

That was my gamble.  I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to fail in this.  But apparently, it has been a complete disaster.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:47:15 PM

amt are not a scam per say

Stop lying to yourself. Just because you have received partially working but mostly broken and shoddy products does not mean they are not a scam. Where are the people's orders who were placed last year? Just because they aren't stealing EVERYONE's money doesn't mean they're not a scam. In fact, it helps prove the point that they are a scam.

An honest company ships orders that are working/tested and ships them in the order in which they were placed. An honest company does NOT pick and choose who to ship orders to regardless of when the orders were placed. An honest company does NOT ignore their customers inquiries regarding refunds or order statuses. An honest company does NOT delete customers posts that have stated nothing but truth and hard facts, regardless of how it makes the company look.

All this defense of AMT from those who have received broken units is astonishing. "Oh, they're just really stressed right now" or "Oh, the lawsuits are preventing AMT from shipping orders" amazes me. They are stressed and are being sued BECAUSE they aren't shipping orders (or are shipping broken units). All people are doing by coming to AMT's defense (trust me, I was up there with everyone clinging to the hope that AMT might actually be a real honest company) is hurting the bitcoin community. The simple truth is that customers of AMT have NOT received what they have paid for.
i stopped at partially working and gave up reading. i recieved a working product a little modification but it works fine. period
Can you post your pool graph?
And inform us how many modules do you have?
Thanks

http://imgur.com/iDKbN7E - todays mining

http://imgur.com/k92bIzC -mining since we got the rig. start out was slow due to onn off nature

i am in 50% ownership with mellor

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
regtable69

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:50:04 PM

amt are not a scam per say

Stop lying to yourself. Just because you have received partially working but mostly broken and shoddy products does not mean they are not a scam. Where are the people's orders who were placed last year? Just because they aren't stealing EVERYONE's money doesn't mean they're not a scam. In fact, it helps prove the point that they are a scam.

An honest company ships orders that are working/tested and ships them in the order in which they were placed. An honest company does NOT pick and choose who to ship orders to regardless of when the orders were placed. An honest company does NOT ignore their customers inquiries regarding refunds or order statuses. An honest company does NOT delete customers posts that have stated nothing but truth and hard facts, regardless of how it makes the company look.

All this defense of AMT from those who have received broken units is astonishing. "Oh, they're just really stressed right now" or "Oh, the lawsuits are preventing AMT from shipping orders" amazes me. They are stressed and are being sued BECAUSE they aren't shipping orders (or are shipping broken units). All people are doing by coming to AMT's defense (trust me, I was up there with everyone clinging to the hope that AMT might actually be a real honest company) is hurting the bitcoin community. The simple truth is that customers of AMT have NOT received what they have paid for.
i stopped at partially working and gave up reading. i recieved a working product a little modification but it works fine. period.
we all repeat the same shit over and over i get tired of it. you want a 100% fully fityed miner you had to wait. i could of waited but didnt, jumped the que and recieved a kit, which works. all that was missing was what amt coildnt provide the customers who wanted the fully finished unit end of.

amt cant ship to someone who has class action unless a they agree which you wont. b proof that you recieved it in working condition, which you wont because either "they ship it busted". fedex break it. or you smash it. and c. you stop the lawsuit when you recieve it. which again you wont. they have to ignore well not post here due to the lawsuit thats kinda obvious. anything said here will be used against them.

AMT has the legal obligation to fulfill my order or give me a refund. Everyone who is a customer of AMT is entitled to the class action suit unless they waive said rights.

As for whether I would lie when I got a miner if they did ship it? That is a very presumptuous statement. I am not some asshole bum-on-the-street who needs to scam others to make a buck. I am a hard working American, an EMT and an Eagle Scout. All I want is my money back or my two working miners be shipped to me in working condition. Plain and simple.

not saying you would break it on purpous not at all. but someone who recieves something when all they want is a refund it would be quite easy to say it arrived broken and request a refund.
 i buy something then decide i dont want it any more, i just smash it up say it turned up broke, can i get a refund thanks. lol

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:44:44 PM

Joshua Zipkin is not a criminal mastermind, he is simply a lazy fraud.

This guy took a shitload of everyones' money; then based on the complaints in this forum, cherry picked who they'd send miners to, to shut them up. They probably planned on just keeping the rest of the pre-order money of those who hadn't inquired about their missing or late miners. Example: They GAVE Phinneus Gage a miner just for visiting them, and he didn't even PREORDER. How do you explain that?

Simple: It's called paying someone off with hardware to shut them up.

Now they are getting sued, and have abandoned everyone - along with any chance of getting a refund. It's almost like they gambled on the fact that most people wouldn't pursue legal action if they "took everyones' money and never delivered" - which is why everyone needs to get on this class action suit.

Like I've said from the beginning, I believe they have set themselves up to fail from the get-go and wanted to work it out in a way where they walk away with a huge pay day, and little loss from non-existent or long drawn out legal action.

You guys want to stick up for them? well then you deserve to be ripped off. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I feel this way about some of you, what will it take to pull your heads out of your asses and realize what has been done here?

Every facet of this "operation" has been screwed up in one way or another. I've never operated an ASIC Manufacturing company, but I guarantee you I can run one better than these clowns.

+1

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
regtable69

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:54:57 PM

http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/1-2ths-bitcoin-miner/

still selling 1.2 ths machines.......... just sold out.

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:56:28 PM

This guy took a shitload of everyones' money; then based on the complaints in this forum, cherry picked who they'd send miners to, to shut them up. They probably planned on just keeping the rest of the pre-order money of those who hadn't inquired about their missing or late miners. Example: They GAVE Phinneus Gage a miner just for visiting them, and he didn't even PREORDER. How do you explain that?

Now they are getting sued, and have abandoned everyone - along with any chance of getting a refund. It's almost like they gambled on the fact that most people wouldn't pursue legal action if they "took everyones' money and never delivered" - which is why everyone needs to get on this class action suit.

Like I've said from the beginning, I believe they have set themselves up to fail from the get-go and wanted to work it out in a way where they walk away with a huge pay day, and little loss from non-existent or long drawn out legal action.

You guys want to stick up for them? well then you deserve to be ripped off. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I feel this way about some of you, what will it take to pull your heads out of your asses and realize what has been done here?

Every facet of this "operation" has been screwed up in one way or another. I've never operated an ASIC Manufacturing company, but I guarantee you I can run one better than these clowns.

Personally I think it was just a situation of a series of bad business choices overall. Not sticking up for them in any way here but most companies usually fail because they got too far ahead of themselves and created more demand than they could meet. In other cases massive screw ups. This was a perfect storm of a bunch of things going wrong for them. It sucks it even had to happen at all. But at the end of the day we as the consumer have to do what is right by us. In the age of the internet its much easier to communicate with other customers and figure things out and get the word out. Bad news WILL travel much faster than good news. Alot of companies still tend to think they can get away with things but with tools like the consumerist, yelp, forums and all sorts of review systems its much easier for the little guy to fight back. This and the previous thread are evidence of that fight back. I look at it as economic Darwinism. They really really needed to communicate in order to survive here. But so long as they are communicating with their customers at some level even if not via this forum they are legally still doing their duty.

IF I had to take a wild guess here, I would say they are looking to fulfill all the orders left, get the miners to people and I presume get working miners to those with failed ones and then close up shop. I might explain why they are "sold out". Legally speaking it would be insane for them to cut and run at this point. They would get nailed very quickly. I don't think that is their move considering how messy this has been. I am sure they are not criminal masterminds or we would not even know we are being scammed until it was WAY too late. All said the signs are there. I think one of two things. They are going either restructure (which happens) or just get out of the mining business once they have met all their obligations. This is just a normal part of how businesses fail in the US.

No defense here just realities of how things go. They will either come out of this better or go bust. Considering the situation though, its not looking good. I think the best thing is to just have the community support each other at this point since there is no real technical support here besides us helping each other out.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:01:52 PM

Pro tip AMT isn't a ASIC Manufacturing company.

Now I know shit starts getting tricky when it gets international but I wonder if bitmine can be a co defendant. If they had agreements that were broken tat stopped amt from being able to produce AMT can probably sue them for some sort of breach just like everyone is suing AMT.

I just don't know if we have any legal action we can take against bit mine. But they made sure to tout that they were backed by money of some sort. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a logical extension.

Now unless they paid ahead and ordered all their parts in advance, really stupid for a non-final product, there isn't any reason that they shouldn't have some sort of money stored. My guess is that is their legal war chest.

Now, I would have and still would gladly take a refund back, But they don't appear to be offering them, legalities or not. I'd much prefer my money than a miner that is 3/5ths non-operational.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

IF I had to take a wild guess here, I would say they are looking to fulfill all the orders left, get the miners to people and I presume get working miners to those with failed ones and then close up shop. I might explain why they are "sold out". Legally speaking it would be insane for them to cut and run at this point. They would get nailed very quickly. I don't think that is their move considering how messy this has been. I am sure they are not criminal masterminds or we would not even know we are being scammed until it was WAY too late. All said the signs are there. I think one of two things. They are going either restructure (which happens) or just get out of the mining business once they have met all their obligations. This is just a normal part of how businesses fail in the US.

No defense here just realities of how things go. They will either come out of this better or go bust. Considering the situation though, its not looking good. I think the best thing is to just have the community support each other at this point since there is no real technical support here besides us helping each other out.

I think they took the playbook right out of BFL's playbook.

AMT is taking a gamble that BTC will rise in value.  They unfortunately started selling miners in the November/December time frame.   They don't have money to refund because that is tied up in flawed hardware and the profits are all but gone because the BTC that was paid was not converted up front.

So they are now trying to balance on the legal tight rope by shipping miners (that are unfortunately not working).  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

I just don't know if we have any legal action we can take against bit mine. But they made sure to tout that they were backed by money of some sort. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a logical extension.

I would like to know how we can get Bitmine to support the product now that AMT is virtually non-existent.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:07:13 PM

I send this whole hunk of junk back. They can just give me my 1.2 th with that new style pbc, where the chips aren't daisy chained. I don't know how many chips on that board but if it works any better and if they've received them I'd love to see if they run as they should.

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:09:59 PM

I would like to know how we can get Bitmine to support the product now that AMT is virtually non-existent.

Not sure that is possible. I mean I imagine it depends on their agreement. That may surface as evidence during the discovery phase of the trial. Maybe we'll know more then.  Otherwise perhaps massive community pressure. Though I can't really expect any sort of tech support or financial redress.

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:11:56 PM

I send this whole hunk of junk back. They can just give me my 1.2 th with that new style pbc, where the chips aren't daisy chained. I don't know how many chips on that board but if it works any better and if they've received them I'd love to see if they run as they should.
New board?
Could you provide some refs,to this info?

you know the board the squared off one they were posting in the other thread that you made a big stink about. I don't believe I saved a picture of it, but I'll look through and post it as an edit to this post if I find it.

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:14:41 PM

New board?

you know the board the squared off one they were posting in the other thread that you made a big stink about. I don't believe I saved a picture of it, but I'll look through and post it as an edit to this post if I find it.

dont bother doing it for him. He is just a useless non-contributor here. What have you seen him post that has been of actual use besides implying I told you so type comments and calling Josh Poserko? That pretty much his whole motto may as well make it his signature.

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

New board?

dont bother doing it for him. He is just a useless non-contributor here. What have you seen him post that has been of actual use besides implying I told you so type comments and calling Josh Poserko? That pretty much his whole motto may as well make it his signature.
A lot of things dude but you are not reading. This board is comented 200 pages ago. I am not gona repeat myself. Will you post your pool graph or it is a top secret?
Show some facts here and stop to leak amt ass Grin
The facts we know so far
A lot of money spent for psu plus two diplomas which mean you are educated person :
Start to act such some Grin

And again no useful comments. troll and useless human being. Nothing of value to say.

regtable69

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:28:32 PM

there is no new board. it was under development pre lawsuit and tbh they most prob cant find the funding to implement it.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

IF I had to take a wild guess here, I would say they are looking to fulfill all the orders left, get the miners to people and I presume get working miners to those with failed ones and then close up shop. I might explain why they are "sold out".

Except for the fact that they are still accepting orders for 2.4T and 3.2T units.

Buy & Hold
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:33:05 PM

New board?

A lot of things dude but you are not reading. This board is comented 200 pages ago. I am not gona repeat myself. Will you post your pool graph or it is a top secret?
Show some facts here and stop to leak amt ass Grin
The facts we know so far
A lot of money spent for psu plus two diplomas which mean you are educated person :
Start to act such some Grin

And again no useful comments. troll and useless human being. Nothing of value to say.
Pathetic. Your behavior reminds me promised vide from poserkoto Zipkin
What I can say that you are intentionally hiding that crap is not working Grin

regtable69

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:33:48 PM

Pro tip AMT isn't a ASIC Manufacturing company.

Now I know shit starts getting tricky when it gets international but I wonder if bitmine can be a co defendant. If they had agreements that were broken tat stopped amt from being able to produce AMT can probably sue them for some sort of breach just like everyone is suing AMT.

Now unless they paid ahead and ordered all their parts in advance, really stupid for a non-final product, there isn't any reason that they shouldn't have some sort of money stored. My guess is that is their legal war chest.

Now, I would have and still would gladly take a refund back, But they don't appear to be offering them, legalities or not. I'd much prefer my money than a miner that is 3/5ths non-operational.

in reference to the co defendant bit......

bitmine issues. reality of which is almost a carbon copy of the amt issues. lacking psu and cases

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.2680 - thread read yourself

snippet

Giorgiomassa,
BITMINE give me back my money! And I'll forget about you forever!

ID - 315! Date of the request for return - March 5.
Messages sent to You - remain without response!

BITMINE! GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!

did you open a ticket @ info@bitmine.ch?
yes. my id < 5500

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:35:21 PM

Yes it terms of customer service they may be alike but georgio stuff works Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: