Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:23:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANUBIS - a CGMINER Web Frontend  (Read 83109 times)
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 11:01:35 PM

wanted to say, got this working today, nice job.. great software, appreciate sharing.. Smiley

Couple suggestions for things to add to your initial post:

Requirements:
-- needs php, php-mysql

php config :
set "short_open_tag" to "enabled" in /etc/php.ini
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 06:42:45 AM

Not sure if you have a feature request list, but I'd put this:

-- Graphs
-- ways to explore historical information? (like, how long has that card been throttling?)
-- configurable notifications, and way to test them?

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 06:02:23 PM

-- Graphs
-- ways to explore historical information? (like, how long has that card been throttling?)

You'll have to find another app to do that. Anubis is a PHP script, it just runs once when the page loads. It can't do any monitoring / data logging etc. It just shows snap-shots of the current situation.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 09:51:43 PM

-- Graphs

I was working on integrating cgminer with Nagios and Cacti.  This would give all the historical information. I've been busy working on another project though, so I haven't done much with it recently.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:49:56 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 04:32:34 AM by ThiagoCMC

Guys,

Sorry about my dumb question...

I'm running CGMiner for a couple months and, today I restart all my mining rigs and start ANUBIS and... I'm seeing a LOTS of "Discards", some hosts have "97.12% of Discarted"...

What is that means?!!?

Best,
Thiago
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 04:45:17 AM

Guys,

Sorry about my dumb question...

I'm running CGMiner for a couple months and, today I restart all my mining rigs and start ANUBIS and... I'm seeing a LOTS of "Discards", some hosts have "97.12% of Discarted"...

What is that means?!!?

Best,
Thiago

I figured that out! Tks!
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 3457

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

just got around to trying this out. nice! although I found out Im dumber than I thought as it took an hour to get it running even with easyphp. I am a total noob with webservers but Im alernin. on win 7 here on this box.

found a bug, if you add a miner that doesnt have --api-network and --api-listen (DOH!) its added "invisibly" - mine showed 4 hosts, and displayed 3. it slowed it down on refresh by LOTS. cant delete it in anubus as its not visible. I deleted it out of mysql though so its all good now.

sent 1.112211 BTC to ocminer. thanks!

P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 05:59:18 PM

found a bug, if you add a miner that doesnt have --api-network and --api-listen (DOH!) its added "invisibly" - mine showed 4 hosts, and displayed 3. it slowed it down on refresh by LOTS. cant delete it in anubus as its not visible. I deleted it out of mysql though so its all good now.

I've fixed that. Just about done with my mods.

Thing is, OCminer seems to have disappeared, so I'm not sure what to do with what I've done :/
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 3457

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:12:04 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2012, 06:38:51 PM by vapourminer

yeah I got that impression too, hopefully he is OK and his wallet is accessible to him. even if he dropped this he still deserves the donation.

saw some cool stuff in this thread beyond the current version, hopefully there will be ongoing support and even more development.
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:59:47 PM

Anyone wanna be a guinnea pig and help exercise my version? PM me your email, and I'll send it.
(Don't want to make it fully available until OCMiner reappears!)

Changes:
90% re-written (no lie!) OCMiner repeated a lot (A LOT) of code on each page, I moved it all to more easily maintained functions.
Changed database API from MYSQL specific, to PDO, which allows for nearly any database to be used. I personally use SQLite. I've only coded and tested for MYSQL and SQLite, but you can add your own fairly easily.
Changed the way some items are displayed:
- Max temp rather than avg temp
- Share ordering is more consistant across host/device display
- Added utility
- Added both absolute quantity and percentage of shares to each item
- Missing / invalid values displayed more gracefully
- Other nip/tucks here and there.
Added pool display to host data:
- Added priority pool selection.
Added new device management page:
- Start / stop / restart each device
- change all settings CGminer Allows:
-- GPU Clock
-- MEM clock
-- GPU voltage
-- Fan speed
-- Intensity

Caveats:
This won't work if you're moving up from OCminer's initial versions which didn't have the port selection. You'll have to step up to his 1.03 version (which adds the port to the database), then on to this.
Uses PDO database interface. I have no idea if your machine will support it (it *SHOULD* - the direct, database specific API is being depreciated).
I suck at javascript. Could do with some tidying up / beautification.

Crappy screen shots:

Hosts listing:

Host detail

Device detail

Host list expanded to show everything
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:11:18 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2012, 01:34:26 PM by kano

Just so you know in advance - since that (and the earlier version I commented on) is the first time I've seen anyone use that part of the API (other than my example miner.php) :)

With the changes to the cgminer API coming up next time there is a release (API version 1.2), if you only display data - there is no difference.

However if you use the commands that change cgminer like the gpu settings commands, save, quit, switchpool etc. (seems rare that anyone does actually use anything but quit) it will return an error (Access denied to '???' command) with your cgminer settings if you use the same settings in a new version of cgminer as you currently use

You will need to use the previously added --api-allow and also use the new 1.2 change that I've just added to put a "W:" in front of IP addresses and IP address ranges that you want to allow to change cgminer (write/privileged access)

Basically the idea being that you can allow IP addresses to view cgminer but also restrict which IP addresses can change cgminer (or even allow none to)
One way you can test for this change is with the API version which will be 1.2
You can also test for privileged access with the new 1.2 command 'privileged'
... old versions of cgminer will give an error saying it doesn't exist, new versions will give an error if you don't have privileged access and a success message if you do have privileged access

And lastly what is an unavoidable bug in probably every piece of API usage software, that you can fix with 1.2:
At the moment you probably look for "MHS 5s" to find the 5s average.
That will actually fail if anyone starts cgminer with the --log option with some value other than 5.
You can find the correct value for '5' with the 'config' command in the new 1.2 "Log Interval" - which of course will be '5' unless someone runs cgminer with the --log option.
(The --log option has been in cgminer for a long time)
So if "Log Interval" is "10" then you should look for "MHS 10s" not "MHS 5s"

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:17:40 PM

And lastly what is an unavoidable bug in probably every piece of API usage software, that you can fix with 1.2:
At the moment you probably look for "MHS 5s" to find the 5s average.
That will actually fail if anyone starts cgminer with the --log option with some value other than 5.
You can find the correct value for '5' with the 'config' command in the new 1.2 "Log Interval" - which of course will be '5' unless someone runs cgminer with the --log option.
(The --log option has been in cgminer for a long time)
So if "Log Interval" is "10" then you should look for "MHS 10s" not "MHS 5s"

Hmm, so the received parameter name is "MHS XXX"? Where XXX is the preset inverval... OK.

Thanks for that Kano, I shall bear that all in mind. Anubis is pretty basic/dumb as far as checking what's going on right now.
For instance, the result of any set is ignored. If the get values are updated to what you want, it worked. If not, it didn't work Smiley The user is the feedback.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 05:19:16 PM

Please post git of the your mods.  I would like to pull it and possibly start working on it.  I want to make CGminer my default miner, but it needs some work to fit my needs... might be that ANUBIS can be extended to add what I need.

I'd rather not work on older code if this fork is going to be the primary.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:22:32 PM

Hey Inaba... I'll mail it to you, but I don't really want to upload it anywhere without OCMiners blessing. It is his afterall. I feel a bit awkward about taking it over without first consulting him. Would prefer to wait till he comes back, but I guess if he doesn't show up, I may have to. :/
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:24:11 PM

Thanks for that Kano, I shall bear that all in mind. Anubis is pretty basic/dumb as far as checking what's going on right now.
For instance, the result of any set is ignored. If the get values are updated to what you want, it worked. If not, it didn't work Smiley The user is the feedback.
Well that's coz cgminer can't insist that the ATI driver change it to whatever you say.
However, you can, in your PHP (or whatever it is) check the value later and mention that it didn't change to the expected value.
But the API works that way coz that's how it works in the screen text interface, except the text interface sleeps for a second and then displays the settings - not having the API do that (go to sleep for a second before replying - which would not be ideal) also allows your app to decide if it wants to do that or not.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 05:26:08 PM

Thanks P_Shep, that's fine, but you can create a new git and work on your branch and then if/when he comes back, request that he does a pull into the main branch.  That's what is nice about git - it lets you work on your own branch and lets other pull in the parts they want into their branches (or main trunk as the case may be)

Also - there was another web front end thingy floating around someone suggested merging with ANUBIS - I can't find that thread again, but it has some features ANUBIS was missing.  Does anyone know where that thread is?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:29:03 PM

I see. I've used GIT occasionally for getting code, but don't really know how it works. I'll look in to it.
Guess I'll have to set a project up in place of OCMiner since he's not using git.
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:31:44 PM

You will need to use the previously added --api-allow and also use the new 1.2 change that I've just added to put a "W:" in front of IP addresses and IP address ranges that you want to allow to change cgminer (write/privileged access)

Basically the idea being that you can allow IP addresses to view cgminer but also restrict which IP addresses can change cgminer (or even allow none to)
One way you can test for this change is with the API version which will be 1.2
You can also test for privileged access with the new 1.2 command 'privileged'
... old versions of cgminer will give an error saying it doesn't exist, new versions will give an error if you don't have privileged access and a success message if you do have privileged access

I was thinking... having a web interface basically invalidates this, but then it's up to the admin to restrict access to the web interface. essentially 'SEP' Wink
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 05:39:11 PM

Thanks P_Shep, that's fine, but you can create a new git and work on your branch and then if/when he comes back, request that he does a pull into the main branch.  That's what is nice about git - it lets you work on your own branch and lets other pull in the parts they want into their branches (or main trunk as the case may be)

Also - there was another web front end thingy floating around someone suggested merging with ANUBIS - I can't find that thread again, but it has some features ANUBIS was missing.  Does anyone know where that thread is?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28967.msg760880#msg760880

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 05:50:06 PM

Nope, that wasn't it.  Although I keep meaning to look into BAMT. 

Here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58834.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: