Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:22:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigj

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:06:14 AM

IMHO, the next step for BBR is that CZ changes (simplifies) the code base such that it could be (easily) taken over by some group of interested devs. Right now, the source code reads unready compared to, e.g., XMR code. There were also a couple of problems, when I remember correctly, with compiling the BBR code. The latter is probably the most important thing that should be improved. BBR code must compile for everyone on Linux and Windows and, maybe, MacOS too. When that stage is reached (maybe it is already reached; but not to my knowledge), BBR can start to evolve. To me, BBR looks like a frozen fish right now that either needs to be eaten asap, or revived and put back into water. Of course, I am in favor of life Wink
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:17:08 PM

Popboolr update

"Putting the 'pop' into Popboolr"

I'm pleased to announce further updates to Popboolr new game functionality for Popboolr.

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.
- A player cannot pop their own bools. Doing so will result in a player losing x2 the amount of Bools they attempted to pop.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),
- the latest claims and pops as they are made

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of bools available
- number of claims made
- exchange rates (Bools to Boolberry to Bitcoin)

Server
- updates to the server software, including a bit more extra 'grunt'

I've also added a few more nice touches... Please check out the site if you get a chance - http://popboolr.com. The more people that give the game a try, the better!

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks as I have other pressing matters to attend to. I will however endeavour to keep the test site on line, fix bugs and add minor updates (including more comprehensive instructions on how to play) in the interim. I've alot more ideas on where to take the game so expect more features and developments in the next few months!

Damashup

I finally tried the game today and like it. When you go live I would be willing to donate some BBR to the game (as rewards for players when bools are converted to Boolberry).

I do have one question. You are looking at 60 minutes of Twitter data right? I imagine that is a lot of data. Several times when playing the game froze up and became temporarily unresponsive. I wonder if it is related to your need to parse and update so much information. Would it help to either decrease the amount of Twitter data you are parsing (maybe only the last 30 minutes) or slightly decrease how often you update it?

Like a hashtag?

Damashup

Could the platform be modified such that it watches for hashtags if having a kinda image of e.g. BBR logo shaped from a food (and an address to clam a part of the e.g. daily reward. And for the platform to have vote-ups and downs, once a day, and basically to split a rewards between claimers and ppl posting food made bbr logo incarnations Smiley I'm probably going too far here, but there was a mention of just brainstorming, and that would create a market with a dynamics

CZ, some was mentioning hardfork solution, i'de support e.g. 1% to be allocated (on top pf devs part before someone proposes something that makes most sence for it) for such (harder to game Proof of Constructive Human Work) purposes  only if severely limited to a part of a business cycle, e.g. 2 years or something Smiley

How about only being able to claim tweets that mention certain keywords like #crypto #bitcoin #CryptoNote #Boolberry #privacy #fungible, etc. Naturally #Boolberry should have the highest possible reward!

Or you could create incentives to create content that is later claimed by players. For example the person that Tweeted something mentioning #boolberry (assuming they are registered with popboolr) could receive a reward 5x as large as the person who claimed the Tweet. Creating content is harder than claiming Tweets and also more valuable to Boolberry assuming that content is relevant.

This game really makes me want to join Twitter! I hope it brings in lots more Boolberry users.
languagehasmeaning

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:29:18 PM

Do you all agree with this pruning comparison between Boolberry and Aeon?

Pruning FAQ

Q: What is pruning?

A: Pruning refers to removing unnecessary information from the blockchain once it is no longer needed.

Q: What are the advantages?

A: Pruning reduces the amount of storage needed for the blockchain. If the blockchain is loaded into RAM (which is the case in the current implementation), then it also reduces RAM usage. Finally, it also reduces the rate that these resources are consumed over time as the blockchain grows. In the current implementation, each time one new block is accepted, one old block is pruned, on average freeing up a large portion of the resources needed for the new block.

Q: How does pruning affect functionality?

A: The only inherent functional limitation of AEON's pruning is the inability to restore (also known as rescan) a wallet which was used for spending transactions. All other functionality including sending and receiving coins, mining, updating a wallet after any period of inactivity, cold storage, mining, etc. remain fully supported. There is a current limitation that after extended period of disconnection (>28 days) a node may have trouble resynchronizing with the network, and would need to be reset. This is not inherent and should be addressed later.

Q: Does pruning reduce the effectiveness of ring signatures for transaction privacy?

A: No, ring signatures and privacy are unaffected.

Q: How is pruning enabled and disabled?

A: Using the --pruning option on the daemon command line. With this option the daemon will prune the blockchain and will also switch from using the blockchain.bin file for storage to blockchain-pruned.bin. To switch an existing node into pruned mode, copy blockchain.bin to blockchain-pruned.bin before starting the daemon with --pruning. To switch pruning off, remove the --pruning option. Do not, however, copy blockchain-pruned.bin to blockchain.bin. This will not work. You will need to have an unpruned blockchain.bin file or resync unpruned from the network.

Q: How does AEON's pruning compare with Boolberry's pruning?

A: AEON prunes slightly more information from the blockchain, so the required storage is slightly smaller (given equivalent usage), though the difference is likely not particularly significant. BBR prunes the blockchain on the entire network while AEON prunes on each node individually (and only if pruning is enabled). This means that new nodes can come online faster with BBR, but those new nodes are unable to independently verify the entire blockchain. It is possible to download an unpruned BBR blockchain from a web site to independently verify it, but in that case the amount of data downloaded would be the same as AEON. It also means that every BBR node is able to serve the chain to new users but in AEON this function falls to nodes that are unpruned, also known as "archive nodes" (or alternately via a trusted bootstrap file).

Q: How does AEON's pruning compare with Bitcoin's pruning?

A: In Bitcoin 0.11, the same model of pruning is implemented as in AEON. That is, nodes prune blocks locally, after syncing from an unpruned chain and verifying the chain independently. Like AEON, Bitcoin pruned nodes can't rescan or reindex wallets. Bitcoin 0.11 does not support wallets on pruned nodes at all, so it currently has more limitations that AEON. Old Bitcoin blocks must be retrieved from unpruned archive nodes, as with AEON.

Q: What other coins implement pruning?

A: Other than Boolberry, Bitcoin, and possibly some coins which have inherited their implementation by being Bitcoin forks, no other coins implement pruning at this time.

Q: What's this about "archive nodes"? How can I run one?

A: When nodes connect to the network, they retrieve blocks from other nodes. If only blocks within the most recent 10 000 (approx.  28 days) are needed for syncing, even pruned nodes can provide them. However, in the case of nodes which are brand new (syncing from the genesis block) or which have been offline for >28 days, pruned nodes will be unable to supply the older blocks. Instead this task falls to unpruned nodes, also known as archive nodes. For the time being the project-run seed nodes will always run in unpruned mode, and others with sufficient RAM and storage space who wish to support the network are also encouraged to do so. To run an archive node, simply start the daemon in the normal manner, without the --pruning option.

Q: What are the numbers? How much does pruning reduce the amount of memory and storage needed?

A: The exact numbers will vary according to OS, compiler, etc. and also depend on the usage of the blockchain in the future. One early report from BoscoMurray stated, "RAM usage down from 4.8GB to 2.4GB and blockchain file size down from 3.2GB to 1.7GB"

Q: That doesn't seem like a big reduction. Why is the benefit not greater?

A: To explain why the reduction is not larger and understand what this means for the future, let's first review some basics of how a blockchain works.

Every time a coin is spent, a digital signature accompanies the transaction in order to show that the owner of that coin authorized spending it. Once this signature is checked, it is no longer needed. This is the largest portion of what is being pruned. In the cryptonote signature scheme (used by AEON), ring signatures used for anonymity, which means while a signature shows the coin owner authorized the transaction, unlike conventional signatures, it does not identify the specific coins being spent, and therefore does not allow tracing and analyzing the blockchain. As a side effect of this functionality, these signatures are much larger than ordinary digital signatures (a fact sometimes described as "cryptonote bloat"). Thus in AEON, pruning offers great benefit and eliminates the "cryptonote bloat".

So why is the savings not larger? Because in the early history of AEON, there was a very large number of very large transactions and many of those transactions did not using ring signatures. This happened for several reasons, including a major flaw in the early versions of cryptonote mining pool software. Thus, while the chain is relatively large, a relatively small amount of storage is saved by pruning the early transactions.

The newer transactions are a different story. The pool software flaw was fixed long ago, and most transactions now do use ring signatures. So the savings from pruning going forward should be much higher (perhaps 75-80%). Of course, since ring signatures are now being routinely used, it means that that actual anonymity of the coin in practice is greatly improved, and with pruning there is no long term storage cost (i.e. no "cryptonote bloat") for most nodes (other than archive nodes). We get the best of both worlds!

Q: What about a database or disk-based block storage? Doesn't that also reduce memory usage?

A: Storing the blockchain out-of-memory in a database or in cache files reduces memory usage but does not reduce storage usage nor reduce the rate of growth of storage usage over time. In AEON, the plan is to later support out-of-memory storage of the blockchain along with pruning, so memory usage will be further reduced, and storage usage will remain low and grow very slowly over time.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:48:38 PM

Do you all agree with this pruning comparison between Boolberry and Aeon?

Corrections, clarifications or any different perspective from Boolberry advocates are welcome and will be added to the AEON Pruning FAQ (at least if well written). Especially, but not exclusively, this part:

Q: How does AEON's pruning compare with Boolberry's pruning?

A: AEON prunes slightly more information from the blockchain, so the required storage is slightly smaller (given equivalent usage), though the difference is likely not particularly significant. BBR prunes the blockchain on the entire network while AEON prunes on each node individually (and only if pruning is enabled). This means that new nodes can come online faster with BBR, but those new nodes are unable to independently verify the entire blockchain. It is possible to download an unpruned BBR blockchain from a web site to independently verify it, but in that case the amount of data downloaded would be the same as AEON. It also means that every BBR node is able to serve the chain to new users but in AEON this function falls to nodes that are unpruned, also known as "archive nodes" (or alternately via a trusted bootstrap file).

I noticed in reading that just now one additional distinction: Boolberry does not have the limitation of being unable to rescan an old wallet from a pruned node. I'll add that to the FAQ when I update it.
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:58:00 PM

Hi all,

Many thanks to those that have taken the time to test Popboolr and provide feedback. Apologies for the radio-silence, I've been out of the country for a few weeks and have returned to a mountain of work... so not much time for this labour of love!

I do have one question. You are looking at 60 minutes of Twitter data right? I imagine that is a lot of data. Several times when playing the game froze up and became temporarily unresponsive. I wonder if it is related to your need to parse and update so much information. Would it help to either decrease the amount of Twitter data you are parsing (maybe only the last 30 minutes) or slightly decrease how often you update it?

I downsized the server capacity before I went away, this may account for the unresponsiveness. I'll ramp it up again when I resume development.

Ultimately Popboolr is an ambitious project with an aim to handle a lot more data (in real time) than it parses at the moment. However I'll look into adjusting the parameters, for now, in order to get a workable prototype up and running .

Could the platform be modified such that it watches for hashtags if having a kinda image of e.g. BBR logo shaped from a food (and an address to clam a part of the e.g. daily reward. And for the platform to have vote-ups and downs, once a day, and basically to split a rewards between claimers and ppl posting food made bbr logo incarnations Smiley I'm probably going too far here, but there was a mention of just brainstorming, and that would create a market with a dynamics

How about only being able to claim tweets that mention certain keywords like #crypto #bitcoin #CryptoNote #Boolberry #privacy #fungible, etc. Naturally #Boolberry should have the highest possible reward!

Or you could create incentives to create content that is later claimed by players. For example the person that Tweeted something mentioning #boolberry (assuming they are registered with popboolr) could receive a reward 5x as large as the person who claimed the Tweet. Creating content is harder than claiming Tweets and also more valuable to Boolberry assuming that content is relevant.

There are a number of ideas I have around associating bool rewards with certain hashtags. Even letting users (let's call them 'Sponsors') create their on hashtags and define the pot amount/ reward per tweet or retweet. As a further step other users can upvote and devote those tweets to increase/ decrease the rewards.

E.g. Nike sponsor #JustDoIt. Alice tweets something witty using the hashtag #JustDoIt that gets retweeted numerous times. Alice comes to Popboolr  and claims a reward for her tweet and the retweets. On top of this,  other visitors to Popboolr reward Alice further by upvoting her tweet on Popboolr. E.g. Bob, upvotes and awards Alice 100 bools out of his balance.

These are more "Phase Two" Popboolr features.... one of the considerations in doing this however is to avoid Popboolr becoming a Twitter spam vehicle.

Two features I'm definitely looking to introduce before going live with "Phase One" are:

(1) Daily Leaderboard
- at the moment there is just a single all time leaderboard. These can be pretty daunting for new Players. I want to reset the leaderboard daily and allow users to compete each day to top the charts. Users can then boost their status and reputation based how well there have done on the daily, monthly, yearly basis. With archive data and statistics on Players performances.

(2) Automated Boolberry rewards
- I'm looking to create a user accounts page that allows users to automatically cash out to their BBR wallet by simply entering how much they wish to cash out and to what BBR address.

That's all for now. Thanks again for your engagement. I'm pretty flat out until Christmas, however hopefully I'll get an opportunity to resume work in earnest on Popboolr over the holiday period.

Damashup

funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:56:42 PM

Hi all,

Many thanks to those that have taken the time to test Popboolr and provide feedback. Apologies for the radio-silence, I've been out of the country for a few weeks and have returned to a mountain of work... so not much time for this labour of love!

I downsized the server capacity before I went away, this may account for the unresponsiveness. I'll ramp it up again when I resume development.

Ultimately Popboolr is an ambitious project with an aim to handle a lot more data (in real time) than it parses at the moment. However I'll look into adjusting the parameters, for now, in order to get a workable prototype up and running .

There are a number of ideas I have around associating bool rewards with certain hashtags. Even letting users (let's call them 'Sponsors') create their on hashtags and define the pot amount/ reward per tweet or retweet. As a further step other users can upvote and devote those tweets to increase/ decrease the rewards.

E.g. Nike sponsor #JustDoIt. Alice tweets something witty using the hashtag #JustDoIt that gets retweeted numerous times. Alice comes to Popboolr  and claims a reward for her tweet and the retweets. On top of this,  other visitors to Popboolr reward Alice further by upvoting her tweet on Popboolr. E.g. Bob, upvotes and awards Alice 100 bools out of his balance.

These are more "Phase Two" Popboolr features.... one of the considerations in doing this however is to avoid Popboolr becoming a Twitter spam vehicle.

Two features I'm definitely looking to introduce before going live with "Phase One" are:

(1) Daily Leaderboard
- at the moment there is just a single all time leaderboard. These can be pretty daunting for new Players. I want to reset the leaderboard daily and allow users to compete each day to top the charts. Users can then boost their status and reputation based how well there have done on the daily, monthly, yearly basis. With archive data and statistics on Players performances.

- I'm looking to create a user accounts page that allows users to automatically cash out to their BBR wallet by simply entering how much they wish to cash out and to what BBR address.

That's all for now. Thanks again for your engagement. I'm pretty flat out until Christmas, however hopefully I'll get an opportunity to resume work in earnest on Popboolr over the holiday period.

Damashup

I know subjectivity is hard to code but if there was some way to include higher rewards based on not just keywords but relevance that could help eliminate spam. Maybe there could be some way to provide negative incentives for using #boolberry related keywords without any relevant context
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:04:38 AM

Hi all,

(1) Daily Leaderboard

Damashup

I know subjectivity is hard to code but if there was some way to include higher rewards based on not just keywords but relevance that could help eliminate spam. Maybe there could be some way to provide negative incentives for using #boolberry related keywords without any relevant context

Like a Proof of Constructive Human Work? Smiley I still like that idea the most, and "to be eaten food" is kinda easy to proof to be constructive human work. Living in a house shaped as the BBR logo would be even better proof  Cheesy

CZ, could bigj have the hard fork but in a way that BBR has e.g. 1% of mined limited to 1 year for a purpose? Miners should agree on this, it will distribute BBR to humans through a game which adds value at this age of BBR,  and 1 year limits any inefficiencies that may/will develop for the process?
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:56:36 AM

Hi all,

(1) Daily Leaderboard

Damashup

Like a Proof of Constructive Human Work? Smiley I still like that idea the most, and "to be eaten food" is kinda easy to proof to be constructive human work. Living in a house shaped as the BBR logo would be even better proof  Cheesy

CZ, could bigj have the hard fork but in a way that BBR has e.g. 1% of mined limited to 1 year for a purpose? Miners should agree on this, it will distribute BBR to humans through a game which adds value at this age of BBR,  and 1 year limits any inefficiencies that may/will develop for the process?

Yes! Using some of the 1% for game promotion wold spread BBR usage.

Where can I buy a BBR logo shaped house?

Cheesy

CZ, Do you own boolberry.com Are you still allowing people to register for the forum there? Or should we just keep using Reddit and Bitcointalk?
damashup

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:57:54 AM

Rather than using coding to determine relevance (and higher rewards), allowing users to give/ take away tips by upvoting (or downvoting) relevant (or irrelevant) tweets would be more in keeping with the game. The premise of Popboolr is to reward users based on what other users deem 'popular'.

There may be a need for an algorithm to filter spam, if spam becomes a major issue. However that bridge can be crossed once it's reached.

That being said if someone is able to code a 'Proof Of Constructive Work' algorithm, that will enhance the user experience, then I'm open to explore it! Having a daily pot where users can upvote/ downvote where it gets distributed certainly sounds doable.

In my view, it is undesirable (and unnecessary) to build rewards for promoting BBR into the protocol itself, even for a limited period of time.

Incentivising devs to continually improve the code base I understand. However an online game like Popboolr can (and should) have a model that is self-financing or (worse case) donation based rather than having its funding built into the currency.
languagehasmeaning

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:37:21 AM

In my view, it is undesirable (and unnecessary) to build rewards for promoting BBR into the protocol itself, even for a limited period of time.

Incentivising devs to continually improve the code base I understand. However an online game like Popboolr can (and should) have a model that is self-financing or (worse case) donation based rather than having its funding built into the currency.

How will popboolr be financed? It seems very worthy of donations to me. Of course if you a clever way to make the game self financed and profitable that would be even better! If you have competitive reasons for keeping this secret for now I understand. 
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:30:55 PM

Hi all,

E.g. Nike sponsor #JustDoIt. Alice tweets something witty using the hashtag #JustDoIt that gets retweeted numerous times. Alice comes to Popboolr  and claims a reward for her tweet and the retweets. On top of this,  other visitors to Popboolr reward Alice further by upvoting her tweet on Popboolr. E.g. Bob, upvotes and awards Alice 100 bools out of his balance.

(1) Daily Leaderboard

Damashup

Like a Proof of Constructive Human Work? Smiley I still like that idea the most, and "to be eaten food" is kinda easy to proof to be constructive human work. Living in a house shaped as the BBR logo would be even better proof  Cheesy

CZ, could bigj have the hard fork but in a way that BBR has e.g. 1% of mined limited to 1 year for a purpose? Miners should agree on this, it will distribute BBR to humans through a game which adds value at this age of BBR,  and 1 year limits any inefficiencies that may/will develop for the process?

Yes! Using some of the 1% for game promotion wold spread BBR usage.

Where can I buy a BBR logo shaped house?

Cheesy

CZ, Do you own boolberry.com Are you still allowing people to register for the forum there? Or should we just keep using Reddit and Bitcointalk?

I suppose that everyone can agree that atm spending some funds to get BBR spread are in interest of all. Firstly, i must admit that i was not born libertarian, but i'm iterating toward it and iterated very close to it rather recently actually. Before that life did not show me necessity to iterate on the issue.

As such I understand that libertarian approach would result in the funds for BBR game spent probably most efficiently. But there is but (at least to me as noob in libertarian way of thinking) we are getting in a sphere of a society. The energy spent in getting the funds for this particular game in the libertarian way is kinda larger than if wee all agree on e.g. 0.1% baked in the protocol for a limited time period. Also, note that it takes only a few skilled trolls to seriously decrease the velocity of the funds in purely libertarian incarnation of the game. My point is, I still think that libertarian way is the best ideally, but if everyone agrees on the cause, some small amount time limited may be more robust to tragedy of the commons, and as such more efficient on the average. I know that pure libertarians are rolling their eyes if they are reading this, but please consider that it would be time limited and for the purpose all agree on.

LucyLovesCrypto, would only blue BBR logo shaped house make you happy or would you take purple one in consideration? Smiley
boolberry

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:15:51 AM

As such I understand that libertarian approach would result in the funds for BBR game spent probably most efficiently. But there is but (at least to me as noob in libertarian way of thinking) we are getting in a sphere of a society. The energy spent in getting the funds for this particular game in the libertarian way is kinda larger than if wee all agree on e.g. 0.1% baked in the protocol for a limited time period. Also, note that it takes only a few skilled trolls to seriously decrease the velocity of the funds in purely libertarian incarnation of the game. My point is, I still think that libertarian way is the best ideally, but if everyone agrees on the cause, some small amount time limited may be more robust to tragedy of the commons, and as such more efficient on the average.

My opinion will depend on the budget that damashup thinks might be needed to best promote the game. If the amount is small enough donations might actually be easier than trying to make a change to the protocol to divert some Boolberry for marketing purposes. If the game is successful in attracting its of users, then we should consider raising its budget.  Only in the case of success do I think that we need to worry about trolls trying to sabotage the game.

Improved transparency about how the 1% miners fee will be used for Boolberry development might make a lot of people feel better. I doubt that I am the only one willing to pay more than the current 1% towards development if it was clear what the funds were going to be used for.

We all believe in the right to privacy or we would not support Boolberry. However more transparency about the needs of certain Boolberry development projects would make it easier to raise funds and attract the interest of more developers.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:00:23 AM

LucyLovesCrypto, would only blue BBR logo shaped house make you happy or would you take purple one in consideration? Smiley

I would prefer to have a home that would promote the Boolberry brand, but would be happy if Boolberry is successful enough that I can use to to buy a home in any color!
damashup

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:05:22 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 07:28:42 AM by damashup

How will popboolr be financed? It seems very worthy of donations to me. Of course if you a clever way to make the game self financed and profitable that would be even better! If you have competitive reasons for keeping this secret for now I understand.  

The priority is developing a Product to compete with the Angry Birds of the world. I believe that if you build the right Product for your audience, the finance will follow. Product trumps everything.

No doubt funding will be sought for Popboolr from outside the Crypto community, but only when a Product has been developed that I can stake my reputation (offline) on.

Just to put into context what Popboolr is and where Boolberry fits in:

I believe there is a market for the gamification of social media, like Twitter. That is what Popboolr primarily is. The majority of players will play Popboolr simply to collect and steal as many bools as possible, rise up the daily chart, best their friends, laugh at or be intrigued by what tweets are trendy etc. If you create a game, you want players to play for the love of the game. That will pull in new players and keep them.

The secondary aspect is to offer players the option to convert their points into monetary rewards. I strongly believe that players of online/ mobile games and users of social media should be compensated proportionate to the amount of skill, effort and time they pull into these platforms. If you're badass at Tetris and top the charts, you should share in the profits that the game makers are making. If you create a tweet on Twitter or a post on Facebook or a photo on Instagram that generates thousands of retweets, likes, shares etc, you should share in the profits these major companies are enjoying. Popboolr is blazing a trail that I believe will be commonplace in a few years time. That is rewarding your customers for the content and contribution they make to your Products. Granted these will only be micro rewards, but they will be rewards nevertheless less. I want Crypto and Boolberry in particular to be at the forefront of this reward structure.

Once your customers see you're not only bringing them a fantastic Product but also allowing them to share in the success of the Product (financially) they'll love you forever! That's the plan anyway.

Back to the topic of donations. $20 per month. That's what I calculate the current value of 1% of BBR emissions to be. All things being equal, a year's worth of donations at that rate may be worth $200 -$300? Or less than a Bitcoin?

I don't think it's worth CZ changing the protocol as that kind of money will make little or no difference to the success or failure of Popboolr.

I'd much rather CZ work on improving  BBR and being more visible around the coin by sharing his ideas and vision. CZ seen to be actively working on the coin, could make all the difference in terms of attracting the right investors to Boolberry.

languagehasmeaning

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:58:35 AM

The priority is developing a Product to compete with the Angry Birds of the world. I believe that if you build the right Product for your audience, the finance will follow. Product trumps everything.

No doubt funding will be sought for Popboolr from outside the Crypto community, but only when a Product has been developed that I can stake my reputation (offline) on.

I believe there is a market for the gamification of social media, like Twitter. That is what Popboolr primarily is. The majority of players will play Popboolr simply to collect and steal as many bools as possible, rise up the daily chart, best their friends, laugh at or be intrigued by what tweets are trendy etc. If you create a game, you want players to play for the love of the game. That will pull in new players and keep them.

The secondary aspect is to offer players the option to convert their points into monetary rewards. I strongly believe that players of online/ mobile games and users of social media should be compensated proportionate to the amount of skill, effort and time they pull into these platforms. If you're badass at Tetris and top the charts, you should share in the profits that the game makers are making. If you create a tweet on Twitter or a post on Facebook or a photo on Instagram that generates thousands of retweets, likes, shares etc, you should share in the profits these major companies are enjoying. Popboolr is blazing a trail that I believe will be commonplace in a few years time. That is rewarding your customers for the content and contribution they make to your Products. Granted these will only be micro rewards, but they will be rewards nevertheless less. I want Crypto and Boolberry in particular to be at the forefront of this reward structure.

Once your customers see you're not only bringing them a fantastic Product but also allowing them to share in the success of the Product (financially) they'll love you forever! That's the plan anyway.

Back to the topic of donations. $20 per month. That's what I calculate the current value of 1% of BBR emissions to be. All things being equal, a year's worth of donations at that rate may be worth $200 -$300? Or less than a Bitcoin?

I don't think it's worth CZ changing the protocol as that kind of money will make little or no difference to the success or failure of Popboolr.

I'd much rather CZ work on improving  BBR and being more visible around the coin by sharing his ideas and vision. CZ seen to be actively working on the coin, could make all the difference in terms of attracting the right investors to Boolberry.

The more you write about it the more excited I become. I am glad you are part of this Boolberry community. Thank you!
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:46:38 PM

This game will be great at introducing social media to Boolberry. IMHO with CryptoNote pruning, blockchain aliasing and a nice GUI the only reason we are less known than Monero is because of marketing.  Boolberry was one of the first CryptoNote coins and certainly one of the most innovative.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:50:42 PM

Was Boolberry actually launched before Monero?

Or announced before Monero but launched afterwards?

I just noticed the announcement date on this thread is
April 20th 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.0

Monero announcement date on the thread below was April 25th 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

For some reason I always thought that Monero was the first and Boolberry was the second CryptoNote to launch (of course ignoring Bytecoin with its 80% premine). Was I wrong?
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:07:38 PM

April 20th 2014

For some reason I always thought that Monero was the first and Boolberry was the second CryptoNote to launch (of course ignoring Bytecoin with its 80% premine). Was I wrong?

really matters ?
myspace launched before facebook...
tenebrix launch before litecoin...

anyway i think Boolberry seem more technically advanced and more features
hope the db fix will be available for use soon (to open/close daemon and database on my laptop is very slow)

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FaceRadiation

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:49:42 AM

I started mining boolberry for about 2 months now, and I was wondering, what does the price usually regulate at? When I started mining the price was greatly effected by the massive influx that brought the price to 8k satoshi, and I was wondering if if the price usually sits at half of that? orrr...
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:28:38 PM

April 20th 2014

You are correct about Monero being the first after Bytecoin. I'm not sure the order after that.

That's not the original Monero launch thread though. It is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: