Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:18:22 PM

Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

We appreciate your candid thoughts CZ. It sounds like you are busy working on updates to the BBR codebase, which is awesome!

Would you be willing to review and comment on any RUNE code that 1blockologist puts out? This would be a way for his team to earn your trust Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:25:45 PM

Hi CZ, thank you for your valuable input.

Are you currently supporting 1blocklologist's and Block chain Development's vision for BBR in the future?

Is there anything that they should be working on right now, to make the smoothest transition to a new development team?

Thanks again for all of your great work! Wink

At the moment i can say only that 1blocklologist didn't get my trust yet.
He rejected to contribute to BBR repository with my code review, he did't show competence in BBR code base, he didn't do any improvements yet.

For me it looks like a fake, so be careful.

Zoidberg.

What Zoidberg is saying is that we aren't submitting pull requests to his repository that hasn't been had a code update in over a year.

Pull requests are a way of submitting code changes to an open source project so that the steward of the project can decide if they want to merge that code into the "official code".

As we consider ourselves the stewards now this is clearly an unnecessary step because our code is equally as official and newer. It is important to note that when we made our proclamations of stewardship, nobody had heard from CryptoZoidberg in months and there were no code updates for over a year.

We have made two very benign changes to the codebase in the RUNE edition that are so basic that we get criticism for it being not being a big enough change yet. So it will be difficult for us to simultaneously respond to how obviously little changes we've made so far, alongside an allegation from a competent developer that our simple changes may be hiding something nefarious.

CryptoZoidberg has the opportunity to make confidence inspiring and collaborative statements, and chooses to write awkward non sequiturs too ambiguous for the market.

We don't really have an opinion on that. Some people are using the RUNE client, and that is what will be updated. He is welcome to submit pull requests to our repository, and we will also continue rebasing and pulling from his boolberry repository if he actually does start updating it there. This is actually a very professional and standard way of managing git repositories, and this is the level of professionalism we are trying to bring to open source blockchain development and cryptoassets.

Hi 1blockologist, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Would you be open to having CZ comment on your code?

That way you can share ideas and earn each other's trust. Would you be interested in seeing some of his current work on the BBR codebase?

It sounds like this might make the most sense, so that a collaboration can form Smiley
mbe24

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:28:26 PM

As announced in the other BBR thread, I've finally created a slack for BBR https://bbrproject.slack.com, if you want to join, please provide your email address. I'll send an invite then.
Sent!! Smiley
Maybe post link Invitation slack ? Smiley

There is only one way to invite people into slack, this is by sending an invite to their mail address. For further information check this link https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/201330256-Invite-new-members-to-your-Slack-team
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:30:43 PM

As announced in the other BBR thread, I've finally created a slack for BBR https://bbrproject.slack.com, if you want to join, please provide your email address. I'll send an invite then.
Sent!! Smiley

There is only one way to invite people into slack, this is by sending an invite to their mail address. For further information check this link https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/201330256-Invite-new-members-to-your-Slack-team

You can setup an auto-inviter with heroku

It will save you the headache of sending invites to everyone manually
mbe24

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:37:34 PM

Sent!! Smiley

You can setup an auto-inviter with heroku

It will save you the headache of sending invites to everyone manually

Maybe some other time. I'm not the community manager. I just offered my help. As soon as enough have joined, someone else can do it.
But thx for the tip, I didn't know about it.
r.o.o.t

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 01:27:05 PM

Any positive news recently ? The price is down 15%, just a bit above 15k at https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bbr

..-- ▰▰ DECRED.ORG ▰▰ --..
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 02:34:43 PM

@raimch89 his new project is Doblon/louisd'or, you don't hear much from him but he does good work. I know he is going to bring some good things from there back to Boolberry once it's finished. IMHO he's the only Dev I

know of in crypto that i would invest in their ICO. That said it's up to each person to do there own due diligence and ignore all the fanboys and all the hype.

Cheers Jon  Wink

You said his new project is Doblon/louisd'or. I didn't find anything on Github or on the web. What is your source of information? Where did you see that work? How can you say it is good?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482

Am i missing something? Github link from the louisd page is missing...

Meanwhile, the windows installer.exe from the boolberry.com page resyncs the fucking chain every time I open the wallet. After the fourth time, yes I am pissed. This to me doesn't seem like it works properly.

Cz are you just trying to defend your kickback from the blockchain? How about supporting the project and the users again?
1blockologist

Activity: 505

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 07:46:51 PM

Cz are you just trying to defend your kickback from the blockchain? How about supporting the project and the users again?

aaaand its gone

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry/pull/4/files

The kickback is formed from a vote that is enabled by default, this update disables it by default

Use the RUNE client. Miners already are.

https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:54:00 PM

tax was for developpement of bbr and not to help other coin like louisd'or
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 07:57:39 PM

and there was no development for over a year

tax axed.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
crypjunkie

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:41:42 PM

and there was no development for over a year

tax axed.

Good move
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 09:20:39 PM

aaaand its gone

ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:14:39 PM

<< "By default, if you don't disable them explicitly, donations will not be enabled." << ENDL

Grammar Nazi demands a change:

<< "By default, if you don't enable them explicitly, donations will not be shall remain disabled." << ENDL
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:56:12 PM

@raimch89 his new project is Doblon/louisd'or, you don't hear much from him but he does good work. I know he is going to bring some good things from there back to Boolberry once it's finished. IMHO he's the only Dev I

know of in crypto that i would invest in their ICO. That said it's up to each person to do there own due diligence and ignore all the fanboys and all the hype.

Cheers Jon  Wink

You said his new project is Doblon/louisd'or. I didn't find anything on Github or on the web. What is your source of information? Where did you see that work? How can you say it is good?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482

Am i missing something? Github link from the louisd page is missing...

https://web.archive.org/web/20160613102200/https://github.com/cryptobender/lui

This link has SOME stuff anyone feel like digging deeper.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 03:34:28 PM

<< "By default, if you don't disable them explicitly, donations will not be enabled." << ENDL

Grammar Nazi demands a change:

<< "By default, if you don't enable them explicitly, donations will not be shall remain disabled." << ENDL

You're right, I simply added "not" to the sentence that was already there

It was funny in my head

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:58:27 PM

As we consider ourselves the stewards

I'm keeping a watching brief.

As far as I'm concerned BBR is still CZ's coin until he declares otherwise.

CZ built this coin from the ground up and has extensive knowledge of the Cryptonote protocol. His credentials are not in question and has proved himself. His request that you prove your competence with the codebase and contribute to the BBR repository seems entirely reasonable.

CZ is also right to suggest people be wary of downloading third party BBR builds that are not endorsed by him.

Whilst I've got no reason to doubt your integrity or intentions. The fact is this project has been going for over 2 years. Primarily on the strength of CZ work and talent (along with contributions a couple of others). You've been here for around a month.

Earning CZ's trust/ goodwill would go a long way towards helping you earn your stripes and inspiring trust others.

1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 11:19:46 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 12:38:33 AM by 1blockologist

As we consider ourselves the stewards

I'm keeping a watching brief.

As far as I'm concerned BBR is still CZ's coin until he declares otherwise.

CZ built this coin from the ground up and has extensive knowledge of the Cryptonote protocol. His credentials are not in question and has proved himself. His request that you prove your competence with the codebase and contribute to the BBR repository seems entirely reasonable.

CZ is also right to suggest people be wary of downloading third party BBR builds that are not endorsed by him.

Whilst I've got no reason to doubt your integrity or intentions. The fact is this project has been going for over 2 years. Primarily on the strength of CZ work and talent (along with contributions a couple of others). You've been here for around a month.

Earning CZ's trust/ goodwill would go a long way towards helping you earn your stripes and inspiring trust others.

Yes, let's dissect that statement

We never created third party BBR builds, people ask us every day for binaries to install, yet people can only build from source, and CZ even said build from source.
Since we:
A) don't have builds and
B) nobody knows who else he could have been talking about

Can you see how that could be an intentionally misleading statement solely to sway the confidence of less tech savvy investors?

Next, CZ was nowhere to be found, and one mining pool had 75% of the network, while suffering outtages, causing the network to fork occasionally. Given how blockchains work, you should realize that this means it was NOBODY'S coin. Anyone that wanted to introduce changes to the way the network functioned could have done it at any time. We came to repair the network and improve it.

CZ has appeared from nowhere with statements that are random non sequiturs that are largely reactionary to our existence. Our existence has been benign in the most pessimistic view, and positive for the network in neutral and optimistic views.

Our analysts considered the possibility that there would be pushback from the original dev - despite there being zero indication he was even alive - and we took pre-emptive measures to avoid doing things that would be seen as provocative given the fickle nature of consensus in blockchain networks. We were and still are open to collaborating with CZ

Blockchains are a decentralized networks, a distinct contrast from a corporation or government, so the mere existence of sycophants leaning to a fearless leader for guidance about "his coin" simply gives you the worst of both worlds.

Its the miners coin. Always.

If someone had altered MBK's mining pool to completely change everything about Boolberry, including block reward, issuance schedule, anything, it would have not mattered what CZ's retroactive opinion was.

You all should be able to make these objective conclusions too, independently without the guidance of a former developer

Other contributors of the project are working with me already. I went through the github commits and contacted several of the other contributors a month ago, and this has helped revive interest in the project and accelerated our code reviews. This really isn't the battle of ego that one influential person may be making it out to be. In our world, the age of egotistic blockchain savants are over. Boolberry is broken and we are repairing it with a level of professionalism more in line with the broader software industry. You'll have to wait for more code updates if thats what you want to see for your comfort level.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
pacers101

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:11:55 PM

I am mining on pooltobe, I see there are payments sent but I don't see all the payments in my wallet. I see the transaction hash listed but I don't know how to read it to find out where my coins are. I missed about 4bbr yesterday and so far today I'm suppose to have 4.6 (a 2.8 and a 1.8 pay) but nothing in my wallet. what can I do? anything? I like the pool, but if I miss coins then I will just have to switch to monero or eth. thanks for any help.
1Jj8HVcSkcCFTzpXKbeZYP9a7oXVppSRdV7CGcqPspfp3DJgejxoZTo4QBa9h5ZSwz3R17Z8ZjrBHfJ 3qe9Bkn4b4B1GYEG

1LwyVhaMyDcB6e2VGRGG7Mj5Jcm5oXcPa5
bagikoin

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 03:17:25 PM

with 18 Million coin supply, how much Boolberry price now?

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:29:57 PM

Other contributors of the project are working with me already. I went through the github commits and contacted several of the other contributors a month ago, and this has helped revive interest in the project and accelerated our code reviews. This really isn't the battle of ego that one influential person may be making it out to be. In our world, the age of egotistic blockchain savants are over. Boolberry is broken and we are repairing it with a level of professionalism more in line with the broader software industry. You'll have to wait for more code updates if thats what you want to see for your comfort level.

What's broken?  The blockchain was working fine before you showed up.  Many of us have been mining Boolberry from the beginning and off and on over the last couple of years without any "Repairs" from you.  Please explain what was broken.

All that seems to have happened since you showed up was a coordinated pump.  You've added some checkpoints and made the developer bounty disabled by default.  All of those are very simple changes and does not prove that you have the ability tio make the changes to the code that you lead people to believe.  You have also made a comment about changing the trading ticker as if that would have anything to do with the technology, price, or adoption of this coin.  You were promptly followed by the typical shills asking "when yobit" "translation bounty" etc...  This is all suspect and leads one to think that this is nothing more than an elaborate attempt to pump the price so some can dump their coins.  My last post regarding BBR was to say that I'll hold off judgment before deciding on whether this is a pump or a legitimate effort to develop the coin.  I do not think that this is a legitimate effort to develop the coin and because of that I will support CZ 100% and will not take part in any hostile takeover attempt that you are currently pursuing.  

That's where I stand.  You are free do do whatever you please and myself and others are free to call CZ's repository the official Boolberry version.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: