Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:01:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:23:34 AM

OK, maybe I misused the white paper term in place of roadmap or whatever you want to call it. That's what I suggested in the reddit thread, re: consensus. Let me know when more that 50% of the clients on the network and 50% of blocks generated are coming from your version, and I'll gladly give you full control of subreddit again. You're free to post in the meantime, just not sticky your roadmap and change the links in the sidebar.

Thanks, well I'd like to collaborate and I'm not trying to fork the network so users can run any client they want. It is just you and boolberry moderating the subreddit (there isn't much activity there regardless, even over the past few months). I think the community would like a steward of that subreddit that is committed to this project

And I think your commitment to this project is in serious doubt. When I think of the "boolberry community", some names that come to mind are zoidberg, shojayxt, clintar, boolberry, and windjc. You seem to have done a pretty good job of alienating zoidberg, shojayxt, and boolberry, I'm not sure about clintar's feelings, and I don't have have a favorable impression of windjc, so his endorsement of you is actually a negative in my mind.

Like I said, you're free to post in the subreddit and increase activity there, or start your own subreddit, or petition the admins to have me removed as mod, but at this point you've delivered nothing except a meme paper and antagonized the most prominent contributors to the project (zoidberg has done nearly all/all the coding and shojayxt is the only person I'm aware that has ever produced a boolberry-only service), so I think it's only right to remove you as mod from /r/boolberry. PM me when something changes if you're interested in being mod again.

Can we be clear, please, open and transparent?

I have publicly said that I own BBR. I bought it years ago. At the time I loved the concept of the project. I was asked by CZ to help with rebranding because someone recommended me to him because of my experience in that area.  I like CZ. But I found him impossible to work with. Everything I proposed publicly in the rebrand attempt came straight from CZ, because working with CZ, in my experience means you have to A) agree with him or B) leave. So I tried to compromise and I tried to help carry out his vision. In retrospect I should have left as soon as I realized that I couldn't bring anything of value in that kind of work relationship.

Because CZ has been so absent that in two years he cant spend 30 seconds to make an edit, I am still listed as Marketing Coordinator on this OP. And so people still think I am an active member here. I haven't been for a long time, because there is nothing I can add and I am happily working on much larger projects now. I am very happy.

You have some issue with me. You have made no effort to speak to me directly. You have never made an effort to get to know me.

Yet you say I "endorsed" the new dev team? Please don't lie about me. I never did anything of the sort. Yes, I am an optimistic person by nature. I am not prone to paranoia or conspiracy. And if someone asked my help I will lend it if I can. I do believe in the power of competition, so I welcome that in general and I welcome that for BBR.

But please don't quote me as "community" and please don't disparage me for no good reason. It only reflects poorly on yourself. I am happy to get to know you better to perhaps correct opinions you have for whatever reasons you have them.

TwiztdSoul

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:30:00 AM

Here is my experience.

I go to the page you link and see

This file may contain malware and the automatic download has been disabled.

Are you really sure you want to download potential malware? Here's the direct link.

I'm not really sure I want to download potential malware, since I don't get that warning with any other coin, but okay, I download it.

Then I put it on a computer and it gives a "connecting" symbol endlessly, presumably refusing to do anything unless I let it connect to a network, unlike any other coin. Not good.

add
I'm sure you must know that people create offline wallets with cryptocurrencies? i can do that with any currency, but not boolberry? Why?
Sourceforge is more than likely throwing a false positive kinda like how AV software can get triggered by mining stuff.
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:58:04 AM

Sorry, I said I was not going to interfere, but one more post.

... let it sync with the blockchain, but with simplewallet ...

Finally somebody gives an intelligent response.

I want to create a wallet without having downloaded the blockchain, is it possible? Please don't say yes unless you've done it.

Thanks for at least mentioning the next logical step in my question, downloading the blockchain, instead of giving an empty robot answer like all previous responses.

---

My basic comment "nobody discussing..." referred more to something else.

With pesetacoin, for example, there has been a major warning in one browser, and there have been pages and pages spent discussing it.

Why? Because they want the coin to be user friendly. I don't understand, any person should be puzzled, by boolberry's seeming deliberate lack of attention to practical user issues like the security warning, while it caters to speculators.

Is it a currency? Is the purpose to create a currency? Or is the purpose only to attract speculators, and ignore real world issues? There is virtually no interest shown in using bbr as a currency. The entire focus is on speculative or related issues. Pick any coin at random on this website bct. Any coin at random, and you will see some discussion of how to encourage adoption. Bbr almost seems to exist in a cloistered world where the only users anticipated are those that are already here.

---

Thanks for finally taking some mental step to consider my question about an offline wallet, running the question in your head to the point of the blockchain download, rather than politely brushing the question off or answering it dishonestly, as others did.

add
with previous cn coins i speculated on i did download the blockchain, and that may be why i cannot create an offline wallet. is it necessary to have the blockchain to create an offline wallet with bbr?

--

Sourceforge is more than likely throwing a false positive kinda like how AV software can get triggered by mining stuff.

Okay, that's fine. There are a lot of false positives, I get that.

Let me ask you to guess about how many absolute neophytes have been drawn to bbr in the very long time that warning has been up. the answer is close to zero.

Imagine if bitcoin had the warning that bbr has. Pages on reddit would be filled with comments about it, user adoption would drop precipitously. An army of people would be doing things to solve it.

But with bbr it isn't even noticed? wtf
muchoman

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:07:31 AM

One good thing has come out of this already, CZ has woken up from 2 years of hibernation  Smiley
boolberry

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:34:38 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 04:51:17 AM by boolberry

One good thing has come out of this already, CZ has woken up from 2 years of hibernation  Smiley

Yes! I think all of us are happy when CZ returns. Despite the objections to his long absence and 1% dev tax (I still prefer a donation model and think switching to one could both raise confidence in BBR and actually lead to an increase development funding assuming CZ becomes active again) I think everyone here highly respects his development skills. We all hope his contributions will continue.

I appreciate that not everyone has the same vision for Boolberry and disagreements will happen.

Lets try to focus on productive tasks as best we can. Here are a few ideas:

Boolberry is on topic on Monero Stack Exchange. Lets ask more great questions and raise awareness about the unique BBR features:
https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/788959838625669120
http://monero.stackexchange.com/search?q=boolberry

Is it time to renew the tail emission debate?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1333906
1blockologist

Activity: 505

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:01:48 AM

Sorry, I said I was not going to interfere, but one more post.

... let it sync with the blockchain, but with simplewallet ...

Finally somebody gives an intelligent response.

I want to create a wallet without having downloaded the blockchain, is it possible? Please don't say yes unless you've done it.

Thanks for at least mentioning the next logical step in my question, downloading the blockchain, instead of giving an empty robot answer like all previous responses.

---

My basic comment "nobody discussing..." referred more to something else.

With pesetacoin, for example, there has been a major warning in one browser, and there have been pages and pages spent discussing it.

Why? Because they want the coin to be user friendly. I don't understand, any person should be puzzled, by boolberry's seeming deliberate lack of attention to practical user issues like the security warning, while it caters to speculators.

Is it a currency? Is the purpose to create a currency? Or is the purpose only to attract speculators, and ignore real world issues? There is virtually no interest shown in using bbr as a currency. The entire focus is on speculative or related issues. Pick any coin at random on this website bct. Any coin at random, and you will see some discussion of how to encourage adoption. Bbr almost seems to exist in a cloistered world where the only users anticipated are those that are already here.

---

Thanks for finally taking some mental step to consider my question about an offline wallet, running the question in your head to the point of the blockchain download, rather than politely brushing the question off or answering it dishonestly, as others did.

add
with previous cn coins i speculated on i did download the blockchain, and that may be why i cannot create an offline wallet. is it necessary to have the blockchain to create an offline wallet with bbr?

--

Okay, that's fine. There are a lot of false positives, I get that.

Let me ask you to guess about how many absolute neophytes have been drawn to bbr in the very long time that warning has been up. the answer is close to zero.

Imagine if bitcoin had the warning that bbr has. Pages on reddit would be filled with comments about it, user adoption would drop precipitously. An army of people would be doing things to solve it.

But with bbr it isn't even noticed? wtf

keep posting, your user experiences are valued

you don't need the blockchain to generate an address, you can start simplewallet, create a new wallet file and it will give you both a 24 word mnemonic seed and a wallet file with a password that you set

to do this, on the command line start simplewallet with a new wallet file

simplewallet --generate-new-wallet testwallet

where "testwallet" is the name you choose for your wallet, and also double check that you are running boolberry's simplewallet (if you have other cryptonote coins installed already)

after you set your password and save your mnemonic phrase, type address within simplewallet to see your new valid address.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:26:25 PM

But please don't quote me as "community" and please don't disparage me for no good reason. It only reflects poorly on yourself. I am happy to get to know you better to perhaps correct opinions you have for whatever reasons you have them.

Sorry, I misremembered. I just looked through other thread first few pages and it certainly doesn't seem like you endorsed him. I don't mean to disparage you, just that you seem to get involved in things to turn a profit in BTC or dollar terms, such as this recent quote of yours:
I've invested in around 15 ICOs over the last 3 years. I've made a profit in EVERYONE. The reason - I do my homework.
And I feel like you were heavily involved in supernet, which sorry, but I still think is a scam. So, I wouldn't necessarily trust your judgment about who should lead a project. But, like you said, you're not involved and you didn't endorse the blockitician.
crypjunkie

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:21:46 PM

The only thing this thread has done in the past 24hrs is put people off Boolberry, too many ego's...

Can we get back to letting 1block do as he has been doing which is work on a project that was abandoned, if at some point CZ decides to come back and work on the project all well n good.

jwinterm you said "When I think of the "boolberry community", some names that come to mind are zoidberg, shojayxt, clintar, boolberry, and windjc. Zoidberg hasn't been involved for over a year, shojayxt from what i can see hasn't either, clintar is on the boolberry  rune thread and running 1blocks, Boolberry is just back on the scene and has spoken for himself and windjc has just stated he is no longer to be considered part of the community. So i don't understand how you can take such a stance against 1block, maybe you should just give him some time and let him prove himself.

I'm here for the good of the coin and hopefully help build a stronger community around it, all this negativity is just putting people off, just take a look at the market price today, it shows! Do you code maybe you can help? I wish i could as i would certainly give it my time. 

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:48:44 PM

I've invested in around 15 ICOs over the last 3 years. I've made a profit in EVERYONE. The reason - I do my homework.
And I feel like you were heavily involved in supernet, which sorry, but I still think is a scam. But, like you said, you're not involved and you didn't endorse the blockitician.

Thank you for your apology.

Re: scams, I define scam as an premeditated attempt to outright fraud people. Its about intention. If a project gets delayed or changes paths or modifies itself, or even has poor judgement, that doesn't make it a scam.

The word scam is used as a throw away word by anybody on this forum that has a beef with anything else. Id like to see us expand our vocabulary.

Supernet has had some failings no doubt.  But they also could still have successes.  The jury is still out and that team is still working 15 hours a day on their projects.  I am not nor was I ever heavily involved with my time effort or energy in that project.  If I posted about it, it was because I had friends in the community.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:55:21 PM

That's pretty much what I said, after he releases something substantial and people are clearly using it, I will be glad to add him back as mod. Personally, I don't really care about the price, I just like shitposting Tongue I honestly don't ever really consider myself part of the community, maybe I should just leave boolberry in charge of subreddit. I think maybe I inherited it from clintar a long time ago...maybe.

Here are some stats about who posts the most in this thread:
Code:
Total number of posts:                    7329
Total number of unique posters:            740
Number of posts by legendary members:     1398
Number of posts by hero members:          2057
Number of posts by senior members:        1706
Number of posts by full members:           909
Number of posts by member members:         731
Number of posts by junior members:         271
Number of posts by newbie members:         257
Number of posts by brand new members:        0

And the top 25 all time posters:
Code:
Username                       number of posts           user class               
crypto_zoidberg                            582           Hero Member                        
btc-mike                                   186           Hero Member                        
shojayxt                                   171           Legendary                          
windjc                                     155           Legendary                          
jl777                                      154           Hero Member                        
dga                                        148           Sr. Member                        
damashup                                   144           Sr. Member                        
smooth                                     143           Legendary                          
33zer0w0lf                                 131           Full Member                        
sonoIO                                     127           Full Member                        
jwinterm                                   125           Legendary                          
clintar                                    100           Full Member                        
sussex                                      99           Sr. Member                        
otila                                       98           Sr. Member                        
surfer43                                    97           Sr. Member                        
iCEBREAKER                                  95           Legendary                          
jd1959                                      92           Sr. Member                        
boolberry                                   92           Sr. Member                        
hornyPo                                     91           Member                            
tifozi                                      89           Hero Member                        
cubydu                                      85           Sr. Member                        
darlidada                                   84           Hero Member                        
slapper                                     80           Hero Member                        
Anotheranonlol                              76           Hero Member                        
maxcan                                      71           Full Member  

I think you can see why zoidberg and shojayxt came to my mind when thinking of the "community".
heya77

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:22:46 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 04:32:57 PM by heya77

That's pretty much what I said, after he releases something substantial and people are clearly using it, I will be glad to add him back as mod. Personally, I don't really care about the price, I just like shitposting Tongue I honestly don't ever really consider myself part of the community, maybe I should just leave boolberry in charge of subreddit. I think maybe I inherited it from clintar a long time ago...maybe.

Yeah, you are all about "shitposting", this is what you do best and it works. CZ is weak for letting such people take community stewardship on Boolberry.
crypjunkie

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:24:01 PM

Here are some stats about who posts the most in this thread:
Code:
Total number of posts:                    7329
Total number of unique posters:            740
Number of posts by legendary members:     1398
Number of posts by hero members:          2057
Number of posts by senior members:        1706
Number of posts by full members:           909
Number of posts by member members:         731
Number of posts by junior members:         271
Number of posts by newbie members:         257
Number of posts by brand new members:        0

And the top 25 all time posters:
Code:
Username                       number of posts           user class               
crypto_zoidberg                            582           Hero Member                        
btc-mike                                   186           Hero Member                        
shojayxt                                   171           Legendary                          
windjc                                     155           Legendary                          
jl777                                      154           Hero Member                        
dga                                        148           Sr. Member                        
damashup                                   144           Sr. Member                        
smooth                                     143           Legendary                          
33zer0w0lf                                 131           Full Member                        
sonoIO                                     127           Full Member                        
jwinterm                                   125           Legendary                          
clintar                                    100           Full Member                        
sussex                                      99           Sr. Member                        
otila                                       98           Sr. Member                        
surfer43                                    97           Sr. Member                        
iCEBREAKER                                  95           Legendary                          
jd1959                                      92           Sr. Member                        
boolberry                                   92           Sr. Member                        
hornyPo                                     91           Member                            
tifozi                                      89           Hero Member                        
cubydu                                      85           Sr. Member                        
darlidada                                   84           Hero Member                        
slapper                                     80           Hero Member                        
Anotheranonlol                              76           Hero Member                        
maxcan                                      71           Full Member  

I think you can see why zoidberg and shojayxt came to my mind when thinking of the "community".

What you said was that you thought that 1blocks commitment to the project was in serious doubt. That is what i was a bit baffled with since he and javajared are the only people actively working on the project at this time. Yes i can see how you pulled out those names but how long ago was all that activity is my problem.

I myself have invested and will continue to do so, so yes i will get pissed off when there is so much mud slinging going on in here from either people who are no longer actively involved or like you say, you are only here to shitpost and don't even consider yourself part of the community  Undecided

b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:57:02 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 05:26:28 PM by b4h4mu7

just take a look at the market price today, it shows!

Who cares about short term price fluctuations? The upside is the coin will establish a new floor in the 300-400k range once an update comes through from CZ. If traders want to offload their coins in this range they'll be banging their head on the toilet once the bull starts running. The consistent accumulation in the 13-19k range is obvious for anyone with eyes to see.

My BBR speculation:

CZ was working on his Proof of Stake cryptonote project on a private repo. The rise in value of XMR and the entry of 1block has reignited his interest to merge those improvements into BBR and establish it as the only real cryptonote competitor to XMR. Competition is good because one is a test bed for the other. I'm speculating from CZ's earlier posts that these improvements will range from database efficiency to multi-signature capability and improvements to the GUI wallet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a BBR RingCT implementation before XMR which in that case would skyrocket the coin even higher than XMR given the lower coin supply between the two projects. RingCT from CZ is not out of the realm of possibility.

1block seems interested in applying a masternode model to the BBR framework to help increase coin scarcity. CZ's interest in PoS and 1block's masternode idea seem somewhat aligned with each other and whatever positive effect that proposal will have on the network should be outlined in a whitepaper before being considered. If it is feasible it could attract heavy investment from the DASH community. I don't see the benefit of masternodes when ring signatures provide a better overall solution than mixing.

What I would like to see here is better organization for the project as a whole. CZ working with 1block to organize updates for the community and prospective investors. CZ is a proven developer and 1block has proven himself capable of handling media outreach as well as attracting more developers and interest to the project. That is a great combo for BBR moving forward. What the project needs now is for all parties involved to put aside their differences and work as a cohesive unit for the overall growth of the project.

For anyone interested in cryptonote or missed the XMR pump, BBR is a highly attractive investment especially as this entry point. .00015 vs .01061 with half the coin supply of XMR and a proven developer is a no brainer.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:09:23 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a BBR RingCT implementation before XMR

It is a bit too late for that I think, since you can already download the monero binaries with RingCT implementation...

https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases/tag/v0.10.0

Just sayin...  Roll Eyes
Poosemrcs

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:44:16 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2016, 01:59:52 AM by Poosemrcs

This guy gets it

The miners get it

But some of you idiot sheep are debating on who to put your faith in?

Thanks for keeping all that cheap boolberry for sell you imbeciles, its mine now

just take a look at the market price today, it shows!

Who cares about short term price fluctuations? The upside is the coin will establish a new floor in the 300-400k range once an update comes through from CZ. If traders want to offload their coins in this range they'll be banging their head on the toilet once the bull starts running. The consistent accumulation in the 13-19k range is obvious for anyone with eyes to see.

My BBR speculation:

CZ was working on his Proof of Stake cryptonote project on a private repo. The rise in value of XMR and the entry of 1block has reignited his interest to merge those improvements into BBR and establish it as the only real cryptonote competitor to XMR. Competition is good because one is a test bed for the other. I'm speculating from CZ's earlier posts that these improvements will range from database efficiency to multi-signature capability and improvements to the GUI wallet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a BBR RingCT implementation before XMR which in that case would skyrocket the coin even higher than XMR given the lower coin supply between the two projects. RingCT from CZ is not out of the realm of possibility.

1block seems interested in applying a masternode model to the BBR framework to help increase coin scarcity. CZ's interest in PoS and 1block's masternode idea seem somewhat aligned with each other and whatever positive effect that proposal will have on the network should be outlined in a whitepaper before being considered. If it is feasible it could attract heavy investment from the DASH community. I don't see the benefit of masternodes when ring signatures provide a better overall solution than mixing.

What I would like to see here is better organization for the project as a whole. CZ working with 1block to organize updates for the community and prospective investors. CZ is a proven developer and 1block has proven himself capable of handling media outreach as well as attracting more developers and interest to the project. That is a great combo for BBR moving forward. What the project needs now is for all parties involved to put aside their differences and work as a cohesive unit for the overall growth of the project.

For anyone interested in cryptonote or missed the XMR pump, BBR is a highly attractive investment especially as this entry point. .00015 vs .01061 with half the coin supply of XMR and a proven developer is a no brainer.
alinda

Activity: 887

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:29:45 AM

wow BBR up again

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:42:27 AM

wow BBR up again

well it was never down when you remember that majority of past years it was under 5 k

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:45:37 AM

wow BBR up again

Good arbitrage opportunity as its cheaper on Bittrex

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 11:32:57 AM

I'm new in BBR and I have been reading this thread. I don't understand why CZ and 1block just collaborate on a single repo with other devs. I mean I do understand it but what's the point guys? Ego?

1block since you attempted to patronize the project but didn't work because CZ woke up I think you need to accept it and put a dev team if you want and yourself to commit stuff to the original repo.

CZ since you see other people want to participate and this is an open source project (obviously) then please accept contributions.

Other decisions like masternodes etc could be discussed openly in this thread.

I am a team leader software dev and I say GO  Wink
1blockologist

Activity: 505

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 03:21:33 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2016, 04:48:23 PM by 1blockologist

I'm new in BBR and I have been reading this thread. I don't understand why CZ and 1block just collaborate on a single repo with other devs. I mean I do understand it but what's the point guys? Ego?

1block since you attempted to patronize the project but didn't work because CZ woke up I think you need to accept it and put a dev team if you want and yourself to commit stuff to the original repo.

CZ since you see other people want to participate and this is an open source project (obviously) then please accept contributions.

Other decisions like masternodes etc could be discussed openly in this thread.

I am a team leader software dev and I say GO  Wink

Finally, a software developer replies!

So I can submit a pull request at any time. There are a few followers that seem not to understand that, they have created a "battle of the repositories" that doesn't exist. These are people that would never build from source to begin with, and so far I've never released any binaries. 38 people have forked Boolberry code, any one of them can ALSO submit pull requests whenever and wherever they want.

Look around, the exact same people have said that I haven't coded anything substantial - which means there would be nothing substantial enough to go into a Pull Request review yet - and also created the idea that since I haven't made a pull request that I won't ever! This set of contradictory standards are perpetuated because these are not software developers  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The next problem with the idea that we are limited by ego related to "whose repository is official" further fails because Boolberry is merely a protocol broadcasting to the internet. Clients can be written in multiple languages. If and when someone makes a Java or Python client, there will be no "original official repository" to contribute to, as it will be a completely new codebase, that was an example to all the impressionable non-software developers reading this. The C++ project is the easiest because the other cryptonote reference clients are written in it.

If CZ updates his repository before our updates are finished, we will merge his changes into ours and keep working! If we finish our updates on the C++ project we will submit a pull request to his repository, and also keep working! If he chooses to submit a pull request to our repository we will review it and merge it! I just described how open source projects work Shocked as a team lead imagine explaining this to random concerned people in your organization, hilarious right?

A tangible example would be how the RPC server updates that are being worked on in my repository will allow for web wallets to be created. My organization could host a web wallet with this updated client and people will be able to use Boolberry while the native wallet gets fixed. Both CZ and I have talked about doing the database fix for boolberry. We could host that WHILE Zoidberg reviews our pull requests whether he merged them or not! It should be obvious at this point how there is no conflict hampering the future viability of Boolberry. All of our work in parallel is a net positive for Boolberry.

The critics - and there are only a couple - are people that have no ability to contribute to the code, no resources to mine, and I doubt their positions in Boolberry are enough to influence the market when their confidence wavers. The people that have any of those three things are pretty content with the direction of things. They aren't complaining, they are buying, coding, or mining. Look at the hash rate.

Oh shoot, I just mentioned the market again. There is no activist investor in the history of capital that doesn't mention the price target.  Huh  Is it possible I'm being criticized by people that don't have any capital or experience in any other capital market that are making up objections on the fly? Rhetorical question. (The irony is that investors love the meme paper that explains what my organization is doing, the paper was written because many people asked what the roadmap was and it was a 20 page answer.)

You can follow the bi-weekly project updates and check out my github to see some of the other cryptonote infrastructure progress I'm making https://github.com/1blockologist?tab=repositories  

As well as the organization github https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany

Come check out the project board! https://waffle.io/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry

Join the slack! https://boolberry.herokuapp.com/

There is a lot more to this project than the C++ project that CryptoZoidberg started. I like his code, everyone contributing likes his code and what he brought to the cryptocurrency space! His contributions were great, thats why we are here!

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: