Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ninjacoins

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:12:40 AM

Coinmarketcap has listed boolberry and seems to to be updated. Ticker BBR. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/boolberry/#charts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:35:18 PM

Coinmarketcap has listed boolberry and seems to to be updated. Ticker BBR. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/boolberry/#charts

Yes, and I've been bugging them to get the market cap and supply stuff right and updated.

Worldcoinindex has it up too:

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/boolberry

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:36:48 PM

So we are waiting for https://cryptochangex.com/ and Kucoin

nice nice

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:56:29 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 09:09:44 PM by b4h4mu7

what will the upgrade path be? and I'd like to see the new codebase

The primary focus in choosing an upgrade path and a major concern for the project moving forward is funding. It is one of the reasons why development has been stagnant over the years and why this project isn't a top marketcap currency yet. To date, we've received roughly 300BBR from the community within a seven month plus time span.. While that donation is appreciated, it doesn't scratch the financial burden associated with hiring top experts in their respective fields to contribute to the project.

Moving forward it would be in the best interest of everyone in the community to remember how we got here and to make sure that this situation never happens again. That's why we're looking for ways to establish a development fund during the transition so that we can have sustainability. At present we're still on target for a hardfork. The plan is a portion of coins that transition to the new codebase will be sent to an output controlled by dev team. This way everyone chips in towards the project instead of relying on a minority to contribute the bulk of their own funds.

At present the repository is private and reserved for contributors only. As we get closer to public testing and eventual launch we'll be opening the source to the general public. In meantime, Clintar can verify any claims made in any current and future posts with regards to progress.
b4h4mu7

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:18:12 PM

nice nice

Cryptochangex should have a BBR listing up shortly. The Kucoin team has been on vacation for the last week and just returned today. We should see progress with their integration since they've promised that BBR was next on their priority list.

Our first steps to rehabilitate this project after delisting by Poloniex and Bittrex is to reestablish access to liquidity on multiple platforms and normalize relations with supportive services. The next steps will be revealing project features and work towards an eventual transition to the new codebase.

https://btc-alpha.com/exchange/ has reached out to us to list BBR but they also require a listing fee. If anyone wants to help with fee there send me a PM.
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 04:53:25 AM

nice nice

Cryptochangex should have a BBR listing up shortly. The Kucoin team has been on vacation for the last week and just returned today. We should see progress with their integration since they've promised that BBR was next on their priority list.

Our first steps to rehabilitate this project after delisting by Poloniex and Bittrex is to reestablish access to liquidity on multiple platforms and normalize relations with supportive services. The next steps will be revealing project features and work towards an eventual transition to the new codebase.

https://btc-alpha.com/exchange/ has reached out to us to list BBR but they also require a listing fee. If anyone wants to help with fee there send me a PM.

Kucoin would be the biggest add right now for liquidity's sake.

sent you a PM

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 04:54:34 AM

what will the upgrade path be? and I'd like to see the new codebase

The primary focus in choosing an upgrade path and a major concern for the project moving forward is funding. It is one of the reasons why development has been stagnant over the years and why this project isn't a top marketcap currency yet. To date, we've received roughly 300BBR from the community within a seven month plus time span.. While that donation is appreciated, it doesn't scratch the financial burden associated with hiring top experts in their respective fields to contribute to the project.

Moving forward it would be in the best interest of everyone in the community to remember how we got here and to make sure that this situation never happens again. That's why we're looking for ways to establish a development fund during the transition so that we can have sustainability. At present we're still on target for a hardfork. The plan is a portion of coins that transition to the new codebase will be sent to an output controlled by dev team. This way everyone chips in towards the project instead of relying on a minority to contribute the bulk of their own funds.

At present the repository is private and reserved for contributors only. As we get closer to public testing and eventual launch we'll be opening the source to the general public. In meantime, Clintar can verify any claims made in any current and future posts with regards to progress.

The cryptospace has changed and the market can totally accept dilution from developer's funds.

So yeah we used to make fun of the 1% dev tax, but lets just go ahead and reserve 15-20% of the whole float for the dev team as long as there are some lockup provisions.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
dwarf0

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:55:43 AM

https://btc-alpha.com/exchange/ interface reminds me much of deceased btc-e...   Smiley

15% is ok I think.
Newton90

Activity: 463
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:38:07 AM

also https://www.coinhills.com/market/bbr/

i wrote to coingecko 6 days ago.wait few days and if they don't update,then I'll write them again.

b4h4mu7 is it good idea to list bbr on new unknown exchange?

it seems to me that we need to consider past experience with exchanges and list bbr at least one dex. bisq.network looks professional and user-friendly.

besides If kucoin and cryptochangex list boolberry then liquidity problem largely will be solved(for a given stage of development).
siagirl

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:54:06 PM

how to mine Huh
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 05:59:08 PM

Whoever is trading boolberry on stocks.exchange, PM me.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
b4h4mu7

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:00:17 PM

b4h4mu7 is it good idea to list bbr on new unknown exchange?

it seems to me that we need to consider past experience with exchanges and list bbr at least one dex. bisq.network looks professional and user-friendly.

besides If kucoin and cryptochangex list boolberry then liquidity problem largely will be solved(for a given stage of development).

That is a good question. AFAIK btc-alpha is same guys from btc-e but I could be wrong there. It's up to you guys if you want to get it listed there. I agree that between kucoin, cryptochangex and stocks we should have plenty of options to choose from and all of them outside of economic zones hostile to crypto. I've spoken with developers from other projects and they're trying to move away from Bittrex/Poloniex so maybe the delist ended up working out for the best. Mintpal and Cryptsy used to be the gatekeepers of crypto and then that shifted to Poloniex and Bittrex. Maybe the next shift will be towards these newer exchanges that are in the process of supporting BBR.
b4h4mu7

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:45:37 PM

how to mine Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=693118.0
b4h4mu7

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:50:22 PM

also https://www.coinhills.com/market/bbr/

i wrote to coingecko 6 days ago.wait few days and if they don't update,then I'll write them again.

Coinmarketcap updated their BBR listing. I had a chat with their support yesterday although they still haven't removed the minergate explorer link.. Thanks everyone who put pressure on them to respond.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/boolberry/
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:40:28 PM

did polo just actually remove bbr from its coins list? i dont mean active list

It is not even visable now in the list under inactive??

Did everyone just get their bbr (which they could not withdraw because polo turned it off) stolen??

what can be done?

mis255

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:23:22 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 06:00:17 AM by mis255

did polo just actually remove bbr from its coins list? i dont mean active list

It is not even visable now in the list under inactive??

Did everyone just get their bbr (which they could not withdraw because polo turned it off) stolen??

what can be done?
Its still listed in inactive/delisted.  When you try to send bbr, it goes into withdrawl history (status) and the amount is deducted from balances.  Since it never gets released from poloniex, it looks like it is gone from the balance until you check history from the menu and scroll down to withdrawl.  Sometimes you can cancel the withdrawl and it goes back into balances.  Hope this helps - unfortunately, not a fix for poloniex support [sic] issue.
b4h4mu7

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:31:06 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 11:47:50 PM by b4h4mu7

We were going to wait for Kucoin to list BBR but now that relations with supporting services have been normalized we decided to get the project reveal out before the month of December. This is so that our work is on everyone's radar during the upcoming holiday period. Although we are still refining the some of the designs we’d like to share what we have so far.

First, I’d like to personally thank everyone who has stuck by the project during this rough patch without an exchange. I’d also like to thank all the researchers, developers, designers and other contributors that have stuck with the project during this period. It shows a real commitment to the future success of this project. I’d also like to thank CZ for making himself available to resolve any technical questions related to the project and provide sound advisement in other areas related to the project. We hope to see him join us in this adventure.

When we first approached this project our main priority was to fix the database issue although once the decision was made to use the latest version of Bytecoin as a base for the hard fork it became clear that we’d have to do a lot more to gain a foothold in the competitive privacy vertical. This included recruiting a top tier team of researchers and developers to help us achieve something truly unique. We looked at the entire protocol with a healthy skepticism to see where we could improve. This effort ended up snowballing into a complete overhaul the Cryptonote protocol.

Rebranding with launch of the new codebase

To mark this new era for the project we’ll be rebranding from Boolberry[BBR] to Doubloon[XDB] when we fork to the new codebase. This will be a fresh start for the project with improved branding and marketing efforts. We chose the name Doubloon since it has a significant history in numismatics as one of the first decentralized currencies used during the time of colonial expansion before the introduction of the Miller Dollar. https://coinsite.com/brasher-doubloon/

Itsuku

We initially brought Dr. Fabien Coelho on board to peer review the Cryptonight and Wild Keccak algorithms to see if they could be improved and also to review other promising algorithms as candidates to replace WC. We discovered the MTP algorithm design by Biryukov et al. of Equihash and Zcash fame. This is the same algorithm planned for integration into ZCoin project. Professor Coelho spent the last 4 months reviewing and redesigning that algorithm which has now taken the form in a hardened version called Itsuku.

Our research into designing and peer reviewing this algorithm has been shared with the ZCoin team as part of their bounty program as an attempt to unify and peer review the design. Marc Bevand has also been crucial is helping with these efforts.

One of the primary benefits of Itsuku is that the miners bear the resources burden while verifiers do not. This is a true egalitarian mining algorithm and unlike the current CN mining algorithms, one that has seen a substantial amount of active research and peer review from within the academic community. Dr. Coehlo is a professor of Computer Science at the prestigious MINES ParisTech, PSL Research University. His research into Merkle Tree Proofs and Proof-of-work algorithms dates back to 2007 before Bitcoin was launched. It goes without saying he is a true pioneer and leader in this field.

A few of Fabien’s student have written a Python implementation that can be used a reference for anyone interested in exploring the design. Our C++ implementation will be made public in the near future along with GPU miner contest we’ll be holding to make sure everyone has access to the same competitive mining software.

Relative links:

Merkle Proof - http://www.hashcash.org/papers/merkle-proof.pdf
Equihash - https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/946
MTP - https://arxiv.org/pdf/1606.03588v1.pdf
MTP Attack - https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/497
ZCoin Bounty - https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/MTP-Audit-and-Implementation-Bounty-Submissions
Marc Bevand's Blog covering MTP - http://blog.zorinaq.com/attacks-on-mtp/
Itsuku Whitepaper - http://docdro.id/gxDifaI (design is in section 4.3)
Itusku Python Implementation - https://github.com/baptistecolin/itsuku

ShortRingCCT - Short Ring Compact Confidential Transactions

A combined effort from leading professors around the world has resulted in the next generation of ring signature based privacy. We have advanced this area of research to pioneer ring signatures of an O(log n) size where N is the number of members in the ring. This improvement reduces the size by orders of magnitude resulting in a 91.8% reduction with 1000 members and 99.984% with 1M members over traditional O(n) signatures deployed in CN based projects. This is a massive improvement for privacy and allows us to scale to millions of members in our rings for the same computation cost as 1000s of members in other CN projects.

Our Compact Confidential Transactions design provides transaction value privacy while reducing proof sizes to 86% over traditional CT design. This research is on going and if further improvements are made we should be able to reach the 90 percentile range with regards to efficiency.

In addition, our Cryptographers have also provided design for multi-signatures which will be included in the new codebase. Once the final CCT revision is completed we will be submitting our paper to IACR and releasing it to the general public.

Native i2pd routing - Transmission Privacy

In an effort to provide transmission privacy we’ve integrated the i2pd router into the new codebase with advisement from the i2p team. 1776, the developer spearheading this effort has made a massive amount of progress in this area of the project and we will have a true i2p design available at launch. He has a ton of experience in this area and has brought that into this project for peace of mind. In the future he will be submitting an improvement proposal to i2p team to increase efficiency.

Robust Stealth Addresses

We are currently working on an improvement to the original Stealth Address design deployed by Cryptonote that is resistant to compromise of several (up to m-1) private spending keys. This improvement is purely security based and will not impact privacy in any regard. We are still waiting for final peer review on this design and if cleared will be included in the new codebase and outlined in the upcoming whitepaper.

Boolberry Legacy

Staying true to the original Boolberry improvements pioneered by Zoidberg our developers have made sure that all those unique improvements are included in the new codebase. This includes address aliasing, pruning and the special output flag for guaranteed privacy that originally solved the CN's unlinkability flaw.

Boolberry presentation explaining advanced anonymity - http://www.slideshare.net/boolberry/boolberry-solves-cryptonoteflaws-37055246
    Boolberry presentation explaining smaller blockchain - http://www.slideshare.net/boolberry/boolberry-reduces-blockchain-bloat

Upgraded Cryptonote Codebase
The project will also benefit from the improvements made to the CN protocol in v2 of Bytecoin which include depreciation of the payment ID requirement in place of Multi-Aggregate Addresses, RocksDB and various API improvements. Below is a example of the depreciation of the payment ID.

Improved GUI

Boolberry pioneered the CN space by providing the first GUI for any CN project. We’ve continued this legacy by improving upon it with new features like address book, in wallet explorer and mining.

New Website

Lastly we've also built a new modern website that reflects the new branding, project information and also lists the team of contributors which will be sharing in the coming days.

All in all our efforts here represent the biggest overhaul of the protocol since the release of Boolberry and original release of Cryptonote. One could view our new design as gen 3 of the protocol. As stated earlier, we’ll be sharing our ShortRingCCT research in the form a technical white paper as soon as the revisions to the CCT component are finalized along with a condensed overview of the entire protocol.

Again, a big thanks to everyone who has stuck with the project during this period and another big welcome to all the newcomers who have joined the community. We're planning the hardfork for sometime in Q1 of 2018 to give everyone a chance who has BBR trapped on Poloniex and Bittrex to participate. We’ve got an uphill battle ahead of us and stiff competition but I believe our research and development will reestablish this project as the benchmark Cryptonote project.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:03:34 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 06:40:00 AM by criptix

Hi guys,

good to see BBR alive again Smiley

If anyone wants to sell BBR just send me pm! I would rather not use stocks.exchange.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
b4h4mu7

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:22:20 AM

Hi guys,

good to see BBR alive again Smiley

If anyone wants to sell BBR send me pm! I would rather not use stocks.exchange.

Welcome back criptix,

S1lverfox has a new exchange cryptochangex.com and also runs a successful bitcoin escrow service. You can check his rep (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=152126). I spoke with his developer earlier and he's promised trading by Friday. In meantime, I'm sure S1lverfox would be open to doing an escrow for anyone who has trust issues with stocks.exchange. Also, I'll try and get a progress report from kucoin.com. I spoke with them last night and they said they're still working on it. Apparently while the executives were on vacation the developers were busy releasing Android and iPhone applications so hopefully we get some progress from them.
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:28:26 AM

Will already existing aliases carry over?
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: