Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:54:29 PM

Also possible that guys with secret gpu miners are dumping a significant portion of the coins generated each day...

I value your concern, but we're selling over the counter right now and even buying back coins on the exchanges.

what do you mean by that?

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:39:12 PM

Now i think why i get this error on stationery machine and not on a server:
Code:
2014-Jun-25 19:32:35.685082 Connecting bbr.extremepool.org:5555....
2014-Jun-25 19:32:35.989126 Connected bbr.extremepool.org:5555 OK
2014-Jun-25 19:32:36.294685 Getting scratchpad...
2014-Jun-25 19:34:37.759408 Failed to invoke http request to  /json_rpc
2014-Jun-25 19:34:37.759506 Failed to get scratchpad.  Disconnecting and retryin

It seams that the connection is to slow and simpleminer can not get the full scratchpad in a given time.
How can i change the time to get the scratchpad in simpleminer, or it must be done on the pool?

BBR: @hornypo
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:04:41 PM

Also possible that guys with secret gpu miners are dumping a significant portion of the coins generated each day...

I value your concern, but we're selling over the counter right now and even buying back coins on the exchanges.

OTC trade is person-to-person and will not affect the coin's valuation on the exchanges.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:21:50 PM

OTC trade is person-to-person and will not affect the coin's valuation on the exchanges.

Well, if you're selling large quantities below market value, then presumably the buyer could turn around and dump as well. I wasn't trying to demonize you guys or anything, I'm not a big holder and I don't think it's unethical or anything what you're doing, just trying to explain the price drop to someone that was asking. And actually, upon further reflection and watching the market a bit more, it just looks like cryptonotes and coins in general are down across the board the last few days. Monero (which now has a closed source amd miner and open source nvidia miner) is down by a similar percentage to BBR in the last few days, after they peaked at about the same time.
mkasiak

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

Well, if you're selling large quantities below market value, then presumably the buyer could turn around and dump as well. I wasn't trying to demonize you guys or anything, I'm not a big holder and I don't think it's unethical or anything what you're doing, just trying to explain the price drop to someone that was asking. And actually, upon further reflection and watching the market a bit more, it just looks like cryptonotes and coins in general are down across the board the last few days. Monero (which now has a closed source amd miner and open source nvidia miner) is down by a similar percentage to BBR in the last few days, after they peaked at about the same time.

I do not think they are selling under current market price. If he says they rebuy some coins it means, their price is higher. BTW. this coin is extremely undervaluated. I can not buy more because I want to keep some diversity in my current portfolio, but it is difficult to resist. Boolberry is way better than Monero. In fact using Monero is pretty frustrating - sometimes my notebook is blocked for few minutes when I download and save its blockchain. With boolberry everything is smooth. My only concern is centralizatin of this coin. It seems, only few people are accumulating it. This + PR problem with private miner + holding the price low artificially can result into breaking backbone of this coin. Some other coin will copy BBR, will make better distribution and PR and chance is lost... I hope whales of this coin will do something about it soon. 
maxcan

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:26:50 PM

Quote from: mkasiak
My only concern is centralizatin of this coin. It seems, only few people are accumulating it. This + PR problem with private miner + holding the price low artificially can result into breaking backbone of this coin. Some other coin will copy BBR, will make better distribution and PR and chance is lost... I hope whales of this coin will do something about it soon. 

This is my concern too. With the slew of recent coins that died by one holder dumping a massive sum, my trust in someone else's word has run very thin.

A public GPU miner needs to become a thing or this coin will end up looking awfully similar to BCN - innovative but not worth investing in because of the incredible disparity in coins owned.
cbuchner1

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:34:25 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 09:50:47 PM by cbuchner1

A public GPU miner needs to become a thing or this coin will end up looking awfully similar to BCN - innovative but not worth investing in because of the incredible disparity in coins owned.

why don't you guys just fund someone to actually do it? I am not talking bounty, I mean hiring.

about that "disparity in coins owned". When we sell our mined coins, anyone can grab them.

The disparity comes from the fact that some people are rich, others aren't. And hence they can invest more. This mirrors real life more than anything else.

Christian
mkasiak

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

why don't you guys just fund someone to actually do it? I am not talking bounty, I mean hiring.

about that "disparity in coins owned". When we sell our mined coins, anyone can grab them.

The disparity comes from the fact that some people are rich, others aren't. And hence they can invest more. This mirrors real life more than anything else.

Christian

I am just trying to advice you to make you richer ;Wink  Keep some BBR (I am sure you already do). Release the miner - maybe with some announcement, countdown or something similar. Promote the event (miner releasing), promote the coin. And then watch the price rise. Pumps and dumps but going up like monero or other interesting coins. You still can use your miner, mined coins will have higher value and your reserves will have higher value... Otherwise people will loose interest - in fact they are already loosing. And it is a pity.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

Christian

I am just trying to advice you to make you richer ;Wink  Keep some BBR (I am sure you already do). Release the miner - maybe with some announcement, countdown or something similar. Promote the event (miner releasing), promote the coin. And then watch the price rise. Pumps and dumps but going up like monero or other interesting coins. You still can use your miner, mined coins will have higher value and your reserves will have higher value... Otherwise people will loose interest - in fact they are already loosing. And it is a pity.

I guess cbuchner1 do need lessons of how to get richer Smiley

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:17:54 AM

so much for cryptonote egalitarian mining...
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:22:45 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 02:04:27 AM by dga

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

I'll start on the core of this now and post some regular updates.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:57:55 AM

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

This is really great!

I bet 100BBR on that we (me and archit ) finish stratum faster than you finish your GPU.
Do you accept ? ( maybe it is not really fair betting since i don't know scope of work on gpu miner, but finally, in any case we both wins Smiley )

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:21:39 AM

As I've stated enough times, I think this is overblown, but I hate that this is a hammer being used against a coin when people can't find an actual argument based upon technical or economic merits.  So:

if there's not a stratum implementation available within 1 week to allow cbuchner1 to demonstrate his follow-through with open sourcing a miner, I will create one (clarifying:  a GPU miner, not a stratum. grin.  i'm not that masochistic.), integrated with simpleminer.  It won't be pretty, it will be a horrible hack to get it to compile (I'm cmake-clueless), but in a form that someone with c_z's expertise will be able to integrate more cleanly.

(But please please please - someone do the stratum integration instead.  There's a lovely bounty waiting for you if you do.  The resulting product will be a much better tool for everyone to use, and I'd rather spend my time doing things that I actually believe are beneficial for BBR, not just combatting an overblown claim being used by detractors.)

This is really great!

I bet 100BBR on that we (me and archit ) finish stratum faster than you finish your GPU.
Do you accept ? ( maybe it is not really fair betting since i don't know scope of work on gpu miner, but finally, in any case we both wins Smiley )

This coin is getting exciting!

more or less retired.
villabacho

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:40:32 AM

Is there a big problem with this coin? people are dumpling it like shit.
Everything is being dumped.

Yeah, I think that's because BTC was going down, probably because people are anxious about the BTC auction on friday...
Usually altcoins go down disproportionally much then, but they also recover disproportionally fast then :-)
cbuchner1

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:41:18 AM

always has been...
cindereynolds

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:04:34 AM

It looks like the price of BBR and Monero are officially relative to each other, coming from my perspective as a trader.

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ PND bamboo muncher ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
                        PPtd7diYFaKzY11iqVV1xoy6MLLY6mg7Kq
xiaobei

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:06:32 AM

always has been...
I wish to care about it earlier

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:37:37 AM

This is really great!

Oh no - that would be betting against my own interests. Smiley  (And I saw how fast you got the wallet out - i'm not going up against that.)

My real preference would be to have the stratum version.  I think it's the right tool because everyone knows how to grab and use a stratum-based miner these days, even if the code inside has become a twisted, horrible pile of spaghetti.

But I want to provide a backstop to assure the people that care about this that, one way or another, we'll either have stratum or a built-in-to-simpleminer GPU miner on a very reasonable timescale.

You'll get my 100 BBR anyway, or at least half of it, because I already put 100 BBR into the stratum bounty.  *grin*

farsight

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:41:56 AM

Is there a big problem with this coin? people are dumpling it like shit.
Everything is being dumped.

Yeah, I think that's because BTC was going down, probably because people are anxious about the BTC auction on friday...
Usually altcoins go down disproportionally much then, but they also recover disproportionally fast then :-)
Thanks for your explaination

cbuchner1

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:03:05 PM

Guys, the official boolberry forum http://boolberry.com/forum/  is overrun by spammers.

Christian
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: