Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

Boolberry is perfect, I've said so from day one, it works brilliantly for google, is unique and friendly.

This was settled ages ago, leave it alone.

RUNE ?

For fucks sake, that's appalling.

IKR.  FFS, CZ...

"Rune?"  As in D&D RPG nerd BS "Rune? " Let's just change the name to NeckBeardCoin instead.  At least that will come up in google.   Angry

We have a cool name and nifty logo that normal people will like.  Why change it to something black metal loving hentai fapping pizza face basement dwellers prefer? 

Vortex is even worse and already taken by a shitcoin.  And other one is beyond atrocious.  Devs should never be allowed anywhere remotely near branding and marketing!

If CZ wants to use his Benevolent Dictator power to simply change Boolberry to Rune by executive fiat, that's fine.  It's his coin.

But it is not OK create a sham vote to put a fig leaf of fake democracy over the decision.  That's what the Soviet Union did while pretending to be a republic instead of a dictatorship.  Sure you could vote (it was compulsory) but all the candidates were from the same Commie Party!   Grin

The correct way:
1.  Poll to decide on A) Keep or B) Change name.
2.  If 'Change' wins, hold poll to decide on top two candidates for new name.
3.  Hold a run-off between top two choices.

The incorrect way:
1. Don't ask if we want to keep or change the name.
2. Put up a preselected slate of craptastic names.
3. Pretend the preordained change to Rune was done with the consent of the community.

As a large hloder of BBR, this Potemkin Vote is the first and only thing that I've disliked in the history of the coin.

Bad move CZ.  BBR is too established for a rebrand and it's a great name anyways.

At least spell it 'Roon' so it's unique and looks more like Moon.   Tongue

Pretty much this.

Rune is the least terrible of the 3 yet far worse than our beloved Boolberry. Whatever, this is clearly falling on deaf ears.
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Also, your revulsion of "Rune" due to your subjective association of it with D&D and neckbeards says more about you than it does about the name itself.

This is an association that will haunt the coin for the rest of it's life.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:20:23 PM

Also, your revulsion of "Rune" due to your subjective association of it with D&D and neckbeards says more about you than it does about the name itself.

I just don't think most people would associate runes with that stuff. All of us here are "in the know" about nerdy things.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:31:47 PM

I like "Rune". It's simple, easy to remember, and relatively easy to market. Also, I can imagine people actually using a cryptocurrency called "Rune" in the real world.

NO: "Your order comes to 4 Boolberries, ma'am."
YES: "Your order comes to 4 Runes, ma'am."

We all know what berries are, even as we know there are many exotic kinds of them we've never heard of but which are probably delicious and wonderful.  Cloudberries?!  Why yes, I'd love to try those!

Trading berries for something else of value is the most natural thing in the world.  Even monkeys can be taught to save/gamble/prostitute in a sweet-snack based economy.

http://www.stevegillman.com/monkey-prostitution.html

Runes are mysterious glyphs, which is itself a fact relegated to geeks.  Who wrote them?  What do they mean?  Was it Vikings or Phoenicians or survivors of Atlantis?

You don't trade runes for shit.  They just sit there on rocks, being enigmatic.  At most, nerds use runes in League of Legends to enhance/specialize video game characters.

Berries are fungible, runes are not.

It's obvious which is the better name (hint: the one that's already working).  Hint 2: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:32:40 PM

he certainly isn't doing boolberry any favours.

Todgers have lost the plot with the gluttoned garbage.

zoidberg, this is a sign of you being on the right track with the rebranding mate. If the tech is what matters, they will accept a new name too, albeit with some dissonance.

Am I spamming? Report me!
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:41:56 PM

I just don't think most people would associate runes with that stuff. All of us here are "in the know" about nerdy things.

Okay let me catch up (did some googling)...

D&D = Dungeons & Dragon, RPG = Role Playing Game.
Right?...

I do vaguely remember someone at school (MANY) years ago trying to convince me to play this shortly before I put him in a headlock and stole his pocket money...

I'm guessing 'Rune' had some part to pay in that?

Safe to say 99.9% of the population won't make that connection!

P.S. - when I think of Boolberry, I think of Burberry. All you need is for Jay-Z to drop a line about 'going to the UK, to use his Boolberry to buy some Burberry...' then moon!
windjc
Legendary

Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:45:10 PM

I like "Rune". It's simple, easy to remember, and relatively easy to market. Also, I can imagine people actually using a cryptocurrency called "Rune" in the real world.

Google search:

RUNE = 11 million results.

Boolberry 32,400 - 95% relevant.

SEO will be taken care of. It will not be an issue. In fact, if RUNE wins, it will be in so many press releases, blogs and and articles in the future that the serps will completely change.

This community isn't use to marketing. The landscape is going to change dramatically.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:50:53 PM

You have made your opinions known. There is no more reason for you to state them again and again. We know where you, as a Monero dev, stand on this issue.

Sorry, wrong again. In case it wasn't clear, I've been expressing a personal opinion, something I've done before I was involved with any coin, something I will do after, and something I do now. At times my views are diametrically opposed to those of others involved with that other coin. Frankly I have no idea how they feel about any BBR rebrand, and I speak for no one but myself.

I frequently participate in a variety of discussions independent of my affiliation with any coin, as an individual, and that will continue.

If you don't like my personal opinions, you will have a choice to ignore them or respond to them. Attempting to characterize them as the action of some other coin won't work.

Ouch!  That's going to leave a mark.   Cheesy

Good job smooth, way to slap the crap out of this obnoxious noob troll who suddenly thinks he's the boss of Boolberry.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:57:03 PM

It's obvious which is the better name (hint: the one that's already working).  Hint 2: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Actually it is broken. Perhaps you can explain to the community why BBR has 1/15 the market cap of XMR although it has better technology and development?

Part of the issue is that BBR has not attracted investment and consideration for english first speaking crypto enthusiasts. Its not just the name, of course, but you can't dismiss it as a major factor. I know it was for me, when I first heard about Boolberry.

Now there has never been any marketing and branding with BBR. That is about to change. With that change, people realized that a change would ultimately make aspects like marketing much easier going forward. The fact that we have so many Monero advocates complaining about the rebrand tells you all that you need to know.

Many of them are the same people that I have seen personally ridicule and make fun of the Boolberry name in more private conversations.

Having said all this, I can certainly understand your frustration. And I appreciate your passion about the whole issue. I'd love to get your insight and opinions moving forward as we have a lot of plans for promotion being outlined currently.

It sounds like you really want the technology to succeed. Let's make it happen. Smiley

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:00:01 PM

Google search:

RUNE = 11 million results.

Boolberry 32,400 - 95% relevant.

SEO will be taken care of. It will not be an issue. In fact, if RUNE wins, it will be in so many press releases, blogs and and articles in the future that the serps will completely change.

This community isn't use to marketing. The landscape is going to change dramatically.

Oh yes, let's pin our hopes on your "SEO opdurrmurzayshun" skillz.  Did I mention in what deservedly low esteem most of the community holds "SEO optimization" skillz?

95% relevant is hawt.  The best SEO opturrmizurr in the world couldn't do that with RUIN, er I mean, RUNE.

Also:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by an asshat who thinks he can foist off a crappy new name on us and pretend it was the result of consensus.

So you take over marketing from BTC_Michael, and your first move is to start a war with your own community over an unwanted, massively unpopular rebrand.

Please reconsider your actions.  We didn't ask to change the name.  We sure as Hell didn't vote on a slate of three absolutely awful replacement candidates.

We want normal people to use BBR, not just greasy teenage virgins who wear rad vintage AC/DC and Metallica tshirts like their heroes Beavis & Butthead.

"Rune?"  No.  Not just no, but hell no.  'Boolberry' is lighthearted and fun.  "Rune" is all dark and angst-ridden, like a smelly trench coat mom needs to have dry-cleaned.

Focus on the tech and drop this BS.  Stop alienating your earliest and most enthusiastic supporters by excluding us while pretending to value our opinions.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AdamWhite

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

windjc is so out of touch he thinks anyone who has a problem with changing the name must be an xmr supporter
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:15:28 PM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Actually it is broken. Perhaps you can explain to the community why BBR has 1/15 the market cap of XMR although it has better technology and development?

Part of the issue is that BBR has not attracted investment and consideration for english first speaking crypto enthusiasts. Its not just the name, of course, but you can't dismiss it as a major factor. I know it was for me, when I first heard about Boolberry.

Now there has never been any marketing and branding with BBR. That is about to change. With that change, people realized that a change would ultimately make aspects like marketing much easier going forward. The fact that we have so many Monero advocates complaining about the rebrand tells you all that you need to know.

Many of them are the same people that I have seen personally ridicule and make fun of the Boolberry name in more private conversations.

Having said all this, I can certainly understand your frustration. And I appreciate your passion about the whole issue. I'd love to get your insight and opinions moving forward as we have a lot of plans for promotion being outlined currently.

It sounds like you really want the technology to succeed. Let's make it happen. Smiley

BBR fluctuates around XMR just as LTC to BTC and silver to gold.  The market disagrees with your self-congratulatory assertions of Great Success.  We all know why...

XMR is a much bigger effort, involving very prominent Hero/Whale Members.  You OTOH have been here for one year.  CZ is an unknown with suspected ties to the elusive BCN devs.

The name is not a major factor.  I can dismiss it. 

If BBR was named Rune originally, I would have never bought a single one.  Runes just means 'letter.'  Letters are not scare nor intrinsically valuable.  Rune sounds like a trying too hard to be cool name that a young teenager, barely off of his Huffy Vortex bicycle, would think of.

Vortex is a sweet name...for a kid's BMX in the 1980s.  http://www.ghmasonphoto.com/images/bmxm/88vortex_03.jpg

Rune is a sweet name...for a Scandinavian neo-nazi speed metal band that practices in the lead singer's anesthesiologist father's three car garage.  http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rune/7496

Thanks for being positive in the face of my grumpy grumbles.  Don't worry if people make fun of BBR's name.  They did it to Google and Yahoo too.  Let the tech speak for itself, don't try so hard to make the branding carry the coin.  It won't because it can't.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

BBR fluctuates around XMR just as LTC to BTC and silver to gold.  The market disagrees with your self-congratulatory assertions of Great Success.  We all know why...

XMR is a much bigger effort, involving very prominent Hero/Whale Members.

You OTOH have been here for one year.  CZ is an unknown with suspected ties to the elusive BCN devs.
The name is not a major factor.  I can dismiss it.  

If BBR was named Rune originally, I would have never bought a single one.  Runes just means 'letter.'  Letters are not scare nor intrinsically valuable.  Rune sounds like a trying too hard to be cool name that a young teenager, barely off of his Huffy Vortex bicycle, would think of.

Vortex is a sweet name...for a kid's BMX in the 1980s.  http://www.ghmasonphoto.com/images/bmxm/88vortex_03.jpg

Rune is a sweet name...for a Scandinavian neo-nazi speed metal band that practices in the lead singer's anesthesiologist father's three car garage.  http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rune/7496

Thanks for being positive in the face of my grumpy grumbles.  Don't worry if people make fun of BBR's name.  They did it to Google and Yahoo too.  Let the tech speak for itself, don't try so hard to make the branding carry the coin.  It won't because it can't.   Smiley

Good points all around. However, the bolded part above is what is going to change, imo. There is no reason anymore for BBR to be anyone's "silver."

AdamWhite

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:23:54 PM

BBR fluctuates around XMR just as LTC to BTC and silver to gold.  The market disagrees with your self-congratulatory assertions of Great Success.  We all know why...

XMR is a much bigger effort, involving very prominent Hero/Whale Members.

You OTOH have been here for one year.  CZ is an unknown with suspected ties to the elusive BCN devs.
The name is not a major factor.  I can dismiss it.  

If BBR was named Rune originally, I would have never bought a single one.  Runes just means 'letter.'  Letters are not scare nor intrinsically valuable.  Rune sounds like a trying too hard to be cool name that a young teenager, barely off of his Huffy Vortex bicycle, would think of.

Vortex is a sweet name...for a kid's BMX in the 1980s.  http://www.ghmasonphoto.com/images/bmxm/88vortex_03.jpg

Rune is a sweet name...for a Scandinavian neo-nazi speed metal band that practices in the lead singer's anesthesiologist father's three car garage.  http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rune/7496

Thanks for being positive in the face of my grumpy grumbles.  Don't worry if people make fun of BBR's name.  They did it to Google and Yahoo too.  Let the tech speak for itself, don't try so hard to make the branding carry the coin.  It won't because it can't.   Smiley

Good points all around. However, the bolded part above is what is going to change, imo. There is no reason anymore for BBR to be anyone's "silver."

and you think changing the name from Boolberry to Rune with some SEO is going to accomplish this....
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:29:18 PM

We all know what berries are, even as we know there are many exotic kinds of them we've never heard of but which are probably delicious and wonderful.  Cloudberries?!  Why yes, I'd love to try those!
QFE.
sonoIO

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:32:03 PM

zoidberg, this is a sign of you being on the right track with the rebranding mate

Agree. It just draws too much of attention from all around
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:42:24 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 05:58:01 PM by iCEBREAKER

There are several excellent reasons for BBR to be the palladium to XMR's platinum:

-TacoTime
-Risto Pietila
-network effect

You are not going to force the invisible hand of the market with a pathetic re-brand featuring a godawful name.

That move reeks of desperation.  It will put off people like me and have the opposite of your intended effect.  I will dump the crap out of Rune, and am probably not alone.

OTOH, there are not a bunch of people clamoring for freshly branded Runes.

If you want to change that 1/15 XMR market cap and implode it down to 1/90 or lower, the Rune rebrand is a great idea.   Cheesy

BBR has some great things going for it, even vs XMR.  The 1% dev fee looks like a great idea, given XMR's budget crunch (I'm working on a solution, will post it soon).

2 minute blocks may be the better choice.  Only time will tell, unless dominated by the QWERTY effect.

BBR has a nice wallet and logo too.  BBR is like a toddler, too old to rename but too young to be reasonably expected to be a huge success.  Be patient and focus on the tech, not the hype, pumps, and instant gratification.

Grin  Oh and here's yet another scuzzy metal band that represents the common perception of "Rune"

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Runic/986

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:52:07 PM

LMAO, seems like the results are trickling in. As long as you play stupid, you have some support. Otherwise dumpage.

/POPCORN/

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:07:41 PM

There are several excellent reasons for BBR to be the palladium to XMR's platinum:

-TacoTime
-Risto Pietila
-network effect

You are not going to force the invisible hand of the market with a pathetic re-brand featuring a godawful name.

That move reeks of desperation.  It will put off people like me and have the opposite of your intended effect.  I will dump the crap out of Rune, and am probably not alone.

OTOH, there are not a bunch of people clamoring for freshly branded Runes.

If you want to change that 1/15 XMR market cap and implode it down to 1/90 or lower, the Rune rebrand is a great idea.   Cheesy

BBR has some great things going for it, even vs XMR.  The 1% dev fee looks like a great idea, given XMR's budget crunch (I'm working on a solution, will post it soon).

2 minute blocks may be the better choice.  Only time will tell, unless dominated by the QWERTY effect.

BBR has a nice wallet and logo too.  BBR is like a toddler, too old to rename but too young to be reasonably expected to be a huge success.  Be patient and focus on the tech, not the hype, pumps, and instant gratification.

Grin  Oh and here's yet another scuzzy metal band that represents the common perception of "Rune"

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Runic/986

I suggested boolberry better than all three suggested names in the "official" thread. My post was deleted there.

I am not buying BBR.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

I suggested boolberry better than all three suggested names in the "official" thread. My post was deleted there.

I am not buying BBR.

Yes, so was my first "leave it BBR" post.  That's BS.  I'm not buying either, even though this 10% drop would be a place where I normally would.

Hopefully our marketing to the trenchcoat/black metal/Mortal Kombat/Viking/wizard/time traveler/white power/New Age bullshit community will make up for all of us alienated by our exclusion from the undemocratic, predetermined yet compulsory rebranding process.

If not, who will buy my Rune dumps?   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: