Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:58:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:05:20 PM

The fact that we have so many Monero advocates complaining about the rebrand tells you all that you need to know.

You're so wrong and paranoid. What you fail to realize is that most of BBR owners are also XMR owners. The reverse isnt true though. I hated with great passion the name Boolberry. I agree it sounds terrible at first, but it grows on you. I also agree that if you want to expand your community towards more non-XMR owners, you'd be better off rebranding - this is what i've been advocating since BBR beginnings -, but for christ sake, choose a correct name, not some scifi wannabe tough name : because thats what vortex and rune are. As a name, they are above darkcoin simply because they lack the word coin. FWIW I'm completely with iCEBREAKER on what the name rune makes me think about.

Also, an argument could be made that the name doesnt matter and that if the tech is good people will buy and use BBR. I can already hear you telling me then lets take "rune" if the name doesnt matter. My answear is that there are plenty of better names than rune : Rings, for instance.
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:19:31 PM

The fact that we have so many Monero advocates complaining about the rebrand tells you all that you need to know.

You're so wrong and paranoid. What you fail to realize is that most of BBR owners are also XMR owners. The reverse isnt true though. I hated with great passion the name Boolberry. I agree it sounds terrible at first, but it grows on you. I also agree that if you want to expand your community towards more non-XMR owners, you'd be better off rebranding - this is what i've been advocating since BBR beginnings -, but for christ sake, choose a correct name, not some scifi wannabe tough name : because thats what vortex and rune are. As a name, they are above darkcoin simply because they lack the word coin. FWIW I'm completely with iCEBREAKER on what the name rune makes me think about.

Also, an argument could be made that the name doesnt matter and that if the tech is good people will buy and use BBR. I can already hear you telling me then lets take "rune" if the name doesnt matter. My answear is that there are plenty of better names than rune : Rings, for instance.

+1

Can we rename to Dragon?

How many Dragons do you have?
I wish I had more Dragons, I should buy them when they were young. Fucking viral, China would go crazy Cheesy

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:21:03 PM

"I just don't think most people would associate runes with that stuff. All of us here are "in the know" about nerdy things."

There are a lot of people outside of crypto who also know about nerdy things. Relying on people's ignorance is arrogant and dangerous.

"zoidberg, this is a sign of you being on the right track with the rebranding mate. "

Jesus, does this logical fallacy never die? I guess you're the guy who says coin x price is collapsing because a whale is buying up the coin, when in fact the coin is dying.

"SEO will be taken care of. It will not be an issue. In fact, if RUNE wins, it will be in so many press releases, blogs and and articles in the future that the serps will completely change."

What is the fucking point of changing the name to something that needs cash spending on SEO when the name you already have puts you at the top of google without any help at all. Oh, and SEO doesn't work, it's a massive con. I do know about marketing, it being a large part of my job.

"Actually it is broken. Perhaps you can explain to the community why BBR has 1/15 the market cap of XMR although it has better technology and development? "

It's at the lower price because the market is stupid and takes ages to catch up. If you think changing the name will change that, you are stupid too.

" who will buy my Rune dumps?"

Not me, I'll be dumping myself. The Boolberry name makes the coin stand apart from the crowd, Runes just sounds like another shit coin..... with SEO  Roll Eyes

When do other companies change their name? When they are in the shit.

Just concentrate on the tech, changing the name is so superficial that it detracts from the coin - lets take it seriously.
sussex

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:30:34 PM

http://www.fastcompany.com/3014582/leadership-now/why-startups-have-such-stupid-names

Glenn Romanelli, president and creative director of Lighthaus Design - "Take chances, be funny, be weird. You want to be unforgettable"

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:33:57 PM

What is the fucking point of changing the name to something that needs cash spending on SEO when the name you already have puts you at the top of google without any help at all. Oh, and SEO doesn't work, it's a massive con. I do know about marketing, it being a large part of my job.

When do other companies change their name? When they are in the shit.

Just concentrate on the tech, changing the name is so superficial that it detracts from the coin - lets take it seriously.

Windjs is an expert in SEO.  But Boolberry is completely unique and thus already naturally optimized for search engines.

Obviously, we must change to a generic word with problematic nasty Pagan/neckbeard/skinhead connotations, so windjc can 'add value' by performing his miracles of artificial SEO.

Nobody from Google could possibly notice, much less black/brown list Rune for, gaming their system.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
agent725

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

currently working on the Internet of Coins

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:37:06 PM

Haven't been following this a long time, but it looks to me there is much ado about nothing going on here.

Perhaps BBR's slow and steady growth should be considered, because of its technical strengths. The name may not be very trendy right now, but at the same time the proof of the pudding should be in its ingredients and flavor simultaneously.

Essentially, by this I mean I am not against renaming. But it shouldn't be done lightly, and it is less important than advancing the coin technically.

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
             ▄▄          ▀██▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌
           ▄████▌       ▐█                ███▀
          ▄██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▌       ▄██▄       ██
  ▄▄▄  ▄██▀ ▀██▀       ██▀▀▀▀██▌█████▌      ▐██
 ██████▀▀             ▐▀      ▄▄██████       ██
▐██████           ▄█████▄▄▄███▀ ▀███▀        ▐██
 █████▀           ███████▐█▀                ██████
   ▀▀▄█▄          ███████                  ▐███████
      ██▀▄███▄     ▀███▀██▄      ▄▄▄▄      ▐██████▌
       ▀███████          ████▄ ▄██████▄ ▄███▀████▀
        ███████▌███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▐███████████▀
        ███████ ███████████████████████▌▀
         ▀███▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███▐████████
                                ▀████▀

sussex

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:51:59 PM

A dead exchange full of dead coins all with a common theme......

http://archive.today/MseTP

Can you guess what it is yet?

hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:04:23 PM

First i want the best for Boolberry and if the re-branding will help, then i will advocate it.
By my self i like the name Boolberry, but i´m not a English-first language speaker.

How i understand you would the re-branding have only a positive effect to the english-first language regions. What do you assume how big the effect will be, and will be it worth to re-brand it for this?
Do you estimate that it will be a bigger potential first-english language user base as non-english-first language user base ?

Hard to say, we just hope that new name and brand will help technology to spread wider.

You know CZ that i´m in, in BBR since first time and i was very happy that you are chosen this nice name Boolbeery for these new and advanced CrytoNote technology.

Many what iCEBREAKER, damashup and sussex write about the Black Metal, RPG, D&D stuff  for RUNE i agree too and must nothing append.

What not said yet is that to Boolberry you can get a lovely emotional feeling and can stay connected stronger than to something technically / nerdy / dark / monetary (this is that i find even the name Boolberry better than Monero)
The emotional connection is very important in the marketing and branding!

If do some marketing stuff, you have to research and estimate your potential new user base.

So i ask you again: Do you really expect what we get a wider user base on the re-branding, most likely only in first-english languages countries, and is this worth, to lose and not to establish a emotional connection the the brand name?
Why not try to start the marketing campaign with Boolberry?

BBR: @hornypo
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:34:58 PM

Actually it is broken. Perhaps you can explain to the community why BBR has 1/15 the market cap of XMR although it has better technology and development?

There are many reasons why BBR has 1/15 the market cap of XMR. (and all speaks for BBR)

Do you want i give you a list why? (the MRO fans will not be happy)

It is current a problem for you that it´s have only 1/15 market cap right now?

BBR: @hornypo
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:13:24 PM

windjc is so out of touch he thinks anyone who has a problem with changing the name must be an xmr supporter

Nah.  As someone who's tried to correct factual errors in the presentation of BBR in other threads (and, to be fair, errors about other CN coins as well -- I'm a fan of reality, not FUD), the number of times people put the name as the #1 reason that <coin X> is better than BBR is ... astounding.  I don't know if they really believe it, but they yell about it enough that my take on this is that windjc and zoidberg *are* paying attention.

No name is going to make everyone happy.  But there is a real trend in historical posts that they're responding to, and while I too have gotten used to BBR, I agree with their decision personally.  (And like Rune best of the available options.  :-)

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:18:30 PM

What about Boolberry Rune ?   Tongue
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

[Nice PM from CZ]

Thanks for reaching out CZ.  Sorry, I don't Skype and prefer to communicate in the open thread.

I am extremely (often obnoxiously) literate in English.  Since it's the only language I know, I would be ashamed to not be a top expert in it.   Grin

I studied linguistics and rhetoric at one of the best universities in the world (the very best by some objective measures).

Trust me when I say that Boolberry is a very good name, and one you should be proud of along with the project it represents.

The Golden Gate Bridge was not supposed to be the color it is now.  The plan was to paint it a different color than the original red primer/rustproofing stuff.  But people got used to it, came to love it, and were outraged when it was time to change it.

By accident, a name you perhaps only intended to be temporary has caught on, and is now beloved by some and tolerated by many others.  Those who will still not tolerate the name are in the wrong.  They should get used to it.  Don't sweat the haters.

Mike is one of those haters, that's just his nature and it's fine.  Don't make us put up with RUNE or GTFO, that's like painting the Golden Gate Bridge black and expecting the tourists to not complain/run away in droves.

'Rune' is such a terrible name it could destroy all your hard work.  It is the opposite of BBR's unique Google-friendly persona.

Where BBR is light, cheerful, and silly, Rune is dark, grim, and yet still cheesy.

Stick with what is working.  Please don't 'fix it until it breaks.'  BBR is doing so well (although still undervalued), don't risk such magical technology on silly affairs like nomenclature. 

You lose me, and many others, at "SEO."  We will not accept Scam Engine Optimization as a substitute for a clean, memorable coin name.  SEO is like spam, and far below BBR's high quality standards.

Your community is your network effect.  If you alienate part of your community, that damage is non-linear and its effects are compounded by defections to the rival Monero camp. 

Cheers,

-iB

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
teknohog

Activity: 520
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:24:39 PM

Boolberry is completely unique and thus already naturally optimized for search engines.
Speaking of which, "Google" is a totally childish name, the company will never fly. The same goes for Twitter and whatever today's hottest antisocial media is called. They really should have named the search engine something like "secore" for "search core", in the same way that "Word" is a word processor for serious businessmen in dark suits. The real world is not fun, and dealing with money in particular is dead serious business Grin

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:33:02 PM

don't like rune.wtf?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:43:51 PM

What about Boolberry Rune ?   Tongue
BBRRR
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:49:19 PM

I don't mind the change. I just hope the color stays the same Smiley

someone wanna try my SRV record miner?

It needs to be compiled.
Pass  -o stratum+tcp://_bbr-pool._tcp.cncoin.farm (no port) and it should get a list of different pools to try to connect to and if it can't connect to one, try the next. It's hard to tell what it's doing right now and it shouldn't be trusted to not break (i think it breaks when i restart my pool, but mine has very low priority, so it'd have to fail all the others to get to mine anyway). I'm just wanting people to see if they can get it working, please. Probably for linux dudes that are used to compiling, or miner devs that want to see where i'm heading.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105316582/cpuminer-SRV.tar.gz - needs liboop installed.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:54:43 PM

windjc is so out of touch he thinks anyone who has a problem with changing the name must be an xmr supporter

Nah.  As someone who's tried to correct factual errors in the presentation of BBR in other threads (and, to be fair, errors about other CN coins as well -- I'm a fan of reality, not FUD), the number of times people put the name as the #1 reason that <coin X> is better than BBR is ... astounding.  I don't know if they really believe it, but they yell about it enough that my take on this is that windjc and zoidberg *are* paying attention.

No name is going to make everyone happy.  But there is a real trend in historical posts that they're responding to, and while I too have gotten used to BBR, I agree with their decision personally.  (And like Rune best of the available options.  :-)

Woohoo I was wondering why you hadn't posted yet. It is great to see another strong supporter like the name Rune Cheesy It simply grows on you and perhaps should have been the name from Day 1. Oh well, better late than never.

Please post your thoughts in the voting thread too https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786527.60

Rune is winning  Grin
sussex

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:10:36 PM

Rune is winning  Grin

Not on the fair, unmodded voting thread it isn't......

Rune    13 (31.7%)
Secore    3 (7.3%)
Vortex    2 (4.9%)
Boolberry    23 (56.1%)
windjc
Legendary

Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:15:56 AM

I guess you're the guy who says coin x price is collapsing because a whale is buying up the coin, when in fact the coin is dying.

It's interesting that you mention this. Has anyone checked the order book on Poloniex since the rebranding started? There are now over 150 BTC in bid walls for over 300k coins. That is close to 25-30% of total supply. I am assuming this is the first time there have ever been this many bid walls.

Looks like someone(s) is accumulating. Guess not everybody thinks the rebranding is a bad idea Smiley
sussex

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:18:46 AM

I guess you're the guy who says coin x price is collapsing because a whale is buying up the coin, when in fact the coin is dying.

It's interesting that you mention this. Has anyone checked the order book on Poloniex since the rebranding started? There are now over 150 BTC in bid walls for over 300k coins. That is close to 25-30% of total supply. I am assuming this is the first time there have ever been this many bid walls.

Looks like someone(s) is accumulating. Guess not everybody thinks the rebranding is a bad idea Smiley

If you're so confident, allow a fair and open vote.

Rune sucks.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: