Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:52:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210696 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:23:18 PM

BoolBerry is young. It need good developers more than marketing guys. I hold and keep buying
+1
BBR is a great project, keep going guys!
tifozi

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:51:51 PM

Anyone know how roughly many BBRs got dumped since the announcement? Polo doesn't show the complete history.

Kudos to Zoidberg for the decisions !
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:06:49 PM

what was the disagreement about? what were the arguments? can you be a little more specific? it sounds super vague to most of us right now

windbag wanted CZ to agree to some scammy pump BS, but CZ said no.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:17:16 PM

what was the disagreement about? what were the arguments? can you be a little more specific? it sounds super vague to most of us right now

windbag wanted CZ to agree to some scammy pump BS, but CZ said no.

Why would CZ agreement be necessary to conduct a pump? Windbag could do it alone with his own team of investors, no?
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:21:38 PM

Anyone know how roughly many BBRs got dumped since the announcement? Polo doesn't show the complete history.

Around 50 000 BBR (or 30 BTC).. *roughly*.. that's some really quick counting on my part..
tifozi

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:26:50 PM

Around 50 000 BBR (or 30 BTC).. *roughly*.. that's some really quick counting on my part..

Thanks !! Maybe in the next few days we will come to know who these new hands are lol Cheap BBRs for them  Grin

Looks like mostly 2 or 3 big stash sellers and some who panic sold but might have bought back in.
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:34:13 PM

I am afraid, that the idealists with their heads in the clouds have won the debate. Whats the point of having a currency that has no worth? For now I'm done with BBR, unless it reverses course some how.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:38:35 PM

Thanks !! Maybe in the next few days we will come to know who these new hands are lol Cheap BBRs for them  Grin

Looks like mostly 2 or 3 big stash sellers and some who panic sold but might have bought back in.

Yeah, there were people on Poloniex panic selling when they saw that the total buys went down around 4 BTC from around 200 BTC yesterday I think.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:41:53 PM

Why would CZ agreement be necessary to conduct a pump? Windbag could do it alone with his own team of investors, no?

Outsiders can only do regular honest (IE risky) pumps.  You need the insider/dev for the kind of *scammy* surefire pump windjc intended.

BTW, has anyone ever seen jl777 and windjc in the same room, at the same time?

They sound like two infomercial hosts with this "Really?  How does it work? / I'm glad you asked!" routine, right down to the EARLY BIRD BONUS IF U ORDER NAO:

Why does the presale price on Bter keep edging up?
15% early bird bonus declining to 0% over 2 weeks. After that it wont change

But why is declining now, before the sale begins? The price has been edging up already.
the BTC price would only go up
the BTCD or NXT price could go down if the prices for them go up faster than the decay of the early bird bonus. The price is the moving average of the last 24 hours, so if you are having this data and do some probabilistic moving average predictions and optimize the purchase.

Then again maybe it is too much trouble to do unless you already have such signal processing algos implemented

James

And then windjc volunteers to help authorize expenditures? 

Some final details for SuperNET
Need to form a 7 member committee for authorizing expenditures

if you are interested in volunteering, please post in https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=5264.0

James

Volunteered.

What a nice guy!  So selfless and giving of his time... Such a shame he didn't stay to help CZ with search engine optimization.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tljenson

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:42:06 PM

Yeah, there were people on Poloniex panic selling when they saw that the total buys went down around 4 BTC from around 200 BTC yesterday I think.

I was one of those sellers, right now is where a big decision for the coin had to be made, and ivory tower faction won out, and the realists of the coin left. I have to come around in a year when this coin is dead and remind you how you screwed up.  I hope you reverse course soon, I hate to see this coin die but it looks like that is where its headed.
TheUsualStuff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:45:20 PM

Whats the point of having a currency that has no worth?

Consider that the tough decision made by the fella you were supposed to have faith in, Dr. Zoidberg, asked himself that very same question. His answer was likely not to sell his BBR's, as he would likely think that the decision he made will cement and fortify the long-term 'worth' of his currency. By dumping now, you're making the very transparent statement that windbag and his group of totally-unknown-to-you pumpers would have had a much more long-term impact on the value of the currency than the developer himself. I think that's a strange statement to make, because it was Dr. Z who made this currency what it is and it will be Dr. Z who will continue to make it into what it will be.

If you disagree with that notion, then I have to draw the only conclusion that you were only in this for immediate short term gain. As that has placed you into a position where you are now selling it for less than you would have a few days ago, please make sure you let go of every last drop and enjoy your departure. I hope you reconsider, but the gravity of such a decision that was just made is something that has personally inspired me to go to the market and grab a loaf of bread's worth of this currency Smiley
mitache365

Activity: 731
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:51:09 PM

Thanks !! Maybe in the next few days we will come to know who these new hands are lol Cheap BBRs for them  Grin

this buy orders gone few hours before announce that there is no announce. may you understand who is placing theese orders. I am happy all dumped soon after the buy walls gone! 3 days delay with the news and no orders. no way!

yes maybe it will go up again but who knows the new starting price? not good time to buy boys! I saw much manipulation here and how some people know the news before us, before the community.

BTC
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

right now is where a big decision for the coin had to be made, and ivory tower faction won out, and the realists of the coin left. I have to come around in a year when this coin is dead and remind you how you screwed up.

Why does the big decision have to be made RIGHT NOW if it will take a year for the coin to die even with the wrong choice?

Isn't an artificial deadline a technique indicative of a hard sell?

Thanks for the cheep berries, I bought a bushel!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tljenson

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:03:54 PM

Whats the point of having a currency that has no worth?

Consider that the tough decision made by the fella you were supposed to have faith in, Dr. Zoidberg, asked himself that very same question. His answer was likely not to sell his BBR's, as he would likely think that the decision he made will cement and fortify the long-term 'worth' of his currency. By dumping now, you're making the very transparent statement that windbag and his group of totally-unknown-to-you pumpers would have had a much more long-term impact on the value of the currency than the developer himself. I think that's a strange statement to make, because it was Dr. Z who made this currency what it is and it will be Dr. Z who will continue to make it into what it will be.

If you disagree with that notion, then I have to draw the only conclusion that you were only in this for immediate short term gain. As that has placed you into a position where you are now selling it for less than you would have a few days ago, please make sure you let go of every last drop and enjoy your departure. I hope you reconsider, but the gravity of such a decision that was just made is something that has personally inspired me to go to the market and grab a loaf of bread's worth of this currency Smiley

If you think for one minute you aren't in for gain as well, your full of it. Of course I was in it for gain, I was in it for the long term, but every attempt to better this coin has been ignored. I haven't seen one suggestion that moves this coin forward. So what's the fucking plan? How are you going to get people to invest, if everybody that comes up with an idea is rejected. I don't see any forward movement, just a bunch of people bitching about keeping the status quo. Oh, don't change the name, oh don't do this, keep it the same blah blah. If you keep it the same it stagnates and dies.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:12:52 PM

So jon is going down in history as the person who did more in one day to BBR than BCX ever did to XMR?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:13:43 PM

CZ, could you give us a statement what exactly happened? Is windjc still involved with the marketing?

windjc is disagree with my descision. He has his own reasonable arguments that i respect.
Due to this issues he steped back from marketing now, anyway i'm thankful for his help.

Zoidberg

Zoidberg.  I've become interested in cryptonote.  Prior to now I've mostly been in XMR with a hedge in BBR (my hedge just got cheaper Wink)

I just want to say with windjc out and with your decision to turn down funding for whatever principles they wanted you to go against.  I applaud you.  If I can get some bbr's cheap enough I may Smiley  Regardless of the price - your decision reconfirmed legitimacy.  I hope we can figure out the funding.
TheUsualStuff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:17:20 PM

If you think for one minute you aren't in for gain as well, your full of it. Of course I was in it for gain, I was in it for the long term, but every attempt to better this coin has been ignored. I haven't seen on suggestion that moves this coin forward. So what's the fucking plan? How are you going to get people to invest, if everybody that comes into with an idea is rejected. I don't see any forward movement, just a bunch of people bitching about keeping the status quo. Oh, don't change the name, oh don't do this, keep it the same blah blah. If you keep it the same it stagnates and dies.

But what gives myself the ability to hold, in the face of impending doom over and over again, is that I've not overextended myself for short term gains or daytrading, or even long-term gains. The personal restraint to not place oneself in a situation where one feels the need to ever declare, publicly, the selling of a currency was a talent I built over the course of a long time. Trust me, I've done the same as you are now - public displays of anti-affection and what not - I've always regretted it before I learned. I really just don't have the motivation to go to poloniex and rage, fear or panic sell 'muh stash' because the investment ranges from whatever that loaf of bread costs.

It's worked out really well. Sometimes, for the investment of literally a couple dollars worth of power bills, I walk away with >10 BTC. It feels great, but the trick is to never stop asking yourself 'if this was useful today, what amount would I feel comfortable, value-wise, using it for?'. Sometimes, that's $1.00, sometimes that's $60. Yes, loaves of bread really can be that expensive. Also, sometimes I get hungry more than one day in a row. Additionally, these are far from sane investment vehicles. I recommend you spend time figuring that out. Talk to the developers, learn how to compile from source, learn to use ubuntu, change some lines in source code - that's where the gain is here. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that, but it's what brought me back from raging and mindlessly chucking peanuts at these decent folk. Take it as it goes, because there's no plan. It's a crap shoot, and I can sure spare a meal or two.

Imagine where you'd be if you bought a loaf of bread worth of bitcoin 4-5 years ago?
tljenson

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:17:59 PM

CZ, could you give us a statement what exactly happened? Is windjc still involved with the marketing?

windjc is disagree with my descision. He has his own reasonable arguments that i respect.
Due to this issues he steped back from marketing now, anyway i'm thankful for his help.

Zoidberg

Zoidberg.  I've become interested in cryptonote.  Prior to now I've mostly been in XMR with a hedge in BBR (my hedge just got cheaper Wink)

I just want to say with windjc out and with your decision to turn down funding for whatever principles they wanted you to go against.  I applaud you.  If I can get some bbr's cheap enough I may Smiley  Regardless of the price - your decision reconfirmed legitimacy.  I hope we can figure out the funding.

I just want to say. I really wish you the best and I mean it. I am prepared to be shown I'm wrong about my decision, but I've decided to move on to greener pastures. There are a whole group of coins that have been audited and certified by third parties that hold a lot of promise. I talked with windjc and told him about it, he said he was looking into. I guess that never came to pass. You might look into that would offer a lot more legitimacy to the coin.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:23:59 PM

Don't want to interract discussion, but, if someone was care what was happened couple of hours ago with transactions:

it was Clintar and me makeing some stress test with transaction pools + solving some mining pools's wallet problem.

Zoidberg

tljenson

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

If you think for one minute you aren't in for gain as well, your full of it. Of course I was in it for gain, I was in it for the long term, but every attempt to better this coin has been ignored. I haven't seen on suggestion that moves this coin forward. So what's the fucking plan? How are you going to get people to invest, if everybody that comes into with an idea is rejected. I don't see any forward movement, just a bunch of people bitching about keeping the status quo. Oh, don't change the name, oh don't do this, keep it the same blah blah. If you keep it the same it stagnates and dies.

But what gives myself the ability to hold, in the face of impending doom over and over again, is that I've not overextended myself for short term gains or daytrading, or even long-term gains. The personal restraint to not place oneself in a situation where one feels the need to ever declare, publicly, the selling of a currency was a talent I built over the course of a long time. Trust me, I've done the same as you are now - public displays of anti-affection and what not - I've always regretted it before I learned. I really just don't have the motivation to go to poloniex and rage, fear or panic sell 'muh stash' because the investment ranges from whatever that loaf of bread costs.

It's worked out really well. Sometimes, for the investment of literally a couple dollars worth of power bills, I walk away with >10 BTC. It feels great, but the trick is to never stop asking yourself 'if this was useful today, what amount would I feel comfortable, value-wise, using it for?'. Sometimes, that's $1.00, sometimes that's $60. Yes, loaves of bread really can be that expensive. Also, sometimes I get hungry more than one day in a row. Additionally, these are far from sane investment vehicles. I recommend you spend time figuring that out. Talk to the developers, learn how to compile from source, learn to use ubuntu, change some lines in source code - that's where the gain is here. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that, but it's what brought me back from raging and mindlessly chucking peanuts at these decent folk. Take it as it goes, because there's no plan. It's a crap shoot, and I can sure spare a meal or two.

Imagine where you'd be if you bought a loaf of bread worth of bitcoin 4-5 years ago?

What you say, has a lot going for it, and you not wrong. All these coins are crap shoots, and you never know, but I've decided to put my loaf of bread somewhere else for now.  I wish you the best of luck I really do. I just felt there was a lot resistance to change with this community. When ever something was suggested there never was a counter suggestion. Just leave it how it is. I never heard things such as we really should get a decent web dev, to do something about the web site. Even that much would have kept me going, but I haven't seen anything at all. Nothing, nada. I really love this coin, and admire CZ, he is a extremely talented Dev, that probably needs to work on his business sense. Anyway I wish the best for this coin and community, but I can't just sit by and watch every attempt to improve this coin be shot down without an alternative being suggested. I really was shocked at the out cry regarding the name. I have no problem with the name but you'd have thought the world was coming to an end if the name was changed. Doesn't seem very rational to me. I would have personally liked to have had several rounds of voting, where more names were suggested and it was whittled down to just a few for the final vote. There really wasn't much choice, and I'm not surprised Boolberry won.

Anyway I don't believe in name calling, so I wish you all the best going forward. I just going somewhere else that I believe holds more promise.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: