Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:57:40 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 08:17:34 PM by tljenson

he never said anything was shady about it. you admit you are reading between the lines. most likely the issue was they wanted cz to minimize bbr within the scope of the larger project and/or take too many liberties with cz's hard work. that is my "reading between the lines". i dont know much of windj but from what ive seen he is quite professional.

There may be purely technical reasons to not implement, or simply just to not implement it in SuperNet, yet.
One that would cause me to pause is that if SuperNet allows all the features of one coin to be used by another, does it also allow all the bugs to be exploited?
What is the mechanism that prevents the weakest link from breaking the chain (or mobile phone network or whichever analogy works for you)?

CZ may simply believe that BBR is more secure than at least one other in the SuperNet and wants to wait until it is more mature/secure.  It need not be rushed.  I respect CZ for keeping the reasons private in this matter.

The fundraiser had nothing to do with BBR intergration with Supernet. BBR and Supernet are still a "go."

+1000

The problem it seems to me, is we have a lot of people talking out of their asses, because they don't understand what SuperNet is and how it relates to the coins future or what it has to do with the fundraiser which is a completely separate from SuperNet. I think people need to spend some time educating themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons CZ is so leery about making a commitment. I for one admit my ignorance. I'm not a programmer or coder, but I'm very intrigued and interested in this coin and the SuperNet Project. As to windjc, from what I've heard him say, has done nothing but gone out of his way to support this coin, and to do whatever is in his power for it to succeed. People are quick to jump to conclusions based of the simple fact that CZ disagreed with him. As far as I can see he is the only person that has anything constructive to offer. I think I'll take my own advice and spend some time reading up on SuperNet.
romanornr

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:24:03 PM

R WE MOON YET?!
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:38:59 PM

he never said anything was shady about it. you admit you are reading between the lines. most likely the issue was they wanted cz to minimize bbr within the scope of the larger project and/or take too many liberties with cz's hard work. that is my "reading between the lines". i dont know much of windj but from what ive seen he is quite professional.

There may be purely technical reasons to not implement, or simply just to not implement it in SuperNet, yet.
One that would cause me to pause is that if SuperNet allows all the features of one coin to be used by another, does it also allow all the bugs to be exploited?
What is the mechanism that prevents the weakest link from breaking the chain (or mobile phone network or whichever analogy works for you)?

CZ may simply believe that BBR is more secure than at least one other in the SuperNet and wants to wait until it is more mature/secure.  It need not be rushed.  I respect CZ for keeping the reasons private in this matter.

The fundraiser had nothing to do with BBR intergration with Supernet. BBR and Supernet are still a "go."

+1000

The problem it seems to me, is we have a lot of people talking out of their asses, because they don't understand what SuperNet is and how it relates to the coins future or what it has to do with the fundraiser which is a completely separate from SuperNet. I think people need to spend some time educating themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons CZ is so leery about making a commitment. I for one admit my ignorance. I'm not a programmer or coder, but I'm very intrigued and interested in this coin and the SuperNet Project. As to windjc, from what I've heard him say, has done nothing but gone out of his way to support this coin, and to do whatever is in his power for it to succeed. People are quick to jump to conclusions based of the simple fact that CZ disagreed with him. As far as I can see he is the only person that has anything constructive to offer. I think I'll take my own advice and spend some time reading up on SuperNet.

I've spent a lot more time reading up on SuperNet than that time has gained me in understanding how it works.  I do understand what it proposes to offer.

There is much written on what it hopes to achieve.  There are many new words created to describe it.  There are many analogies used.  What is missing is the rudely mechanical structures.  Going to have to look at code, the marketing spins my head too much.

I'm left with the sense that SuperNet has a LOT more to gain by incorporating anonymity than BBR has to gain from SuperNet, and the reasons for that are not particularly reassuring.  I just don't see a reason for CZ to rush this.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:56:14 PM

+1000

I've spent a lot more time reading up on SuperNet than that time has gained me in understanding how it works.  I do understand what it proposes to offer.

There is much written on what it hopes to achieve.  There are many new words created to describe it.  There are many analogies used.  What is missing is the rudely mechanical structures.  Going to have to look at code, the marketing spins my head too much.

I'm left with the sense that SuperNet has a LOT more to gain by incorporating anonymity than BBR has to gain from SuperNet, and the reasons for that are not particularly reassuring.  I just don't see a reason for CZ to rush this.

Wouldn't you start here? 

Also, I think a lot of crypto coders don't understand "C" very well, so right now even the code is a little out of their depth.

But I think its great if you look at the code.
maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:43:45 PM

I'm disappoint he still with supernet.
why do you say that?
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

I just want to say with windjc out and with your decision to turn down funding for whatever principles they wanted you to go against.  I applaud you.  If I can get some bbr's cheap enough I may Smiley  Regardless of the price - your decision reconfirmed legitimacy.  I hope we can figure out the funding.

Shall we change the project donation to 2-5% of the minted coins?
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:07:54 PM

I'm disappoint he still with supernet.
why do you say that?

Just my opinion on nxt and stuff.

nxt != James
&
nxt != SuperNet

James do projects that run on nxt platform as i understand it.

btw: why you don't give a chances to SuperNet ?

pt7

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:21:57 PM

I just want to say with windjc out and with your decision to turn down funding for whatever principles they wanted you to go against.  I applaud you.  If I can get some bbr's cheap enough I may Smiley  Regardless of the price - your decision reconfirmed legitimacy.  I hope we can figure out the funding.

My vote is 5%.
I wonder if clintar's address donation format (YOURADDRESS#DONATIONADDRESS%PERCENT) can be expanded to include multiple donations
e.g., YOURADDRESS#DONATIONADDRESS1%PERCENT#DONATIONADDRESS2%PERCENT
Or will it hit the command line limit?
Aliases would be nice: e.g.,  @myalias#@mbk%1#@devfund%4
This percentage would be in "addition to" the project percentage
otila

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:36:11 PM

I wonder if clintar's address donation format (YOURADDRESS#DONATIONADDRESS%PERCENT) can be expanded to include multiple donations

Code:
$ getconf ARG_MAX
$ ulimit -s 32768
$ getconf ARG_MAX

(getconf in bytes, ulimit in kilobytes)
Windows users unfortunately have probably smaller limits.
maxcan

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

Quote from: Nekomata
I don't know about james/dont care either, and so far i think im not personally affected by his business, whatever their nature may be, but nxt is a dark scammy spot on the crypto world that rains over all coins, i don't get supernet and i don't get why a pow coin want to do with it, but if its not really related to nxt it maybe a good sign, i'm still staying away, too many dark clouds over it, but to not keeping going offtopic i'll end saying its just my opinion
do you dislike it because it's 100% PoS? i really don't know much about it. i've wondered how someone might implement a crypto that didn't require a PoW without being able to sell off the while lot if it gained some value.

anyway, i should think zoidberg has enough sense to take care to learn fully how supernet works before building it into bbr after all his hard work on it  Wink

No rise, I don't know why fund raising was canceled, I suggested the same to Monero a long time ago and I think its the way to go rather than rely on the will of a few unknowns investors (bbr case).

what kind of fundraising do you mean? for what purpose - helping zoidberg? advertising?
pt7

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

My vote is 5%.
Aliases would be nice: e.g.,  @myalias#mbk%1#@devfund%4
This percentage would be in "addition to" the project percentage

No rise, I don't know why fund raising was canceled, I suggested the same to Monero a long time ago and I think its the way to go rather than rely on the will of a few unknowns investors (bbr case).
If many feel strongly about "no rise", then my suggestion is strictly between the miner and the pool operator.  One can choose (or create) a pool that has a zero donation policy.

maxcan

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

If many feel strongly about "no rise", then my suggestion is strictly between the miner and the pool operator.  One can choose (or create) a pool that has a zero donation policy.
it might be more valuable for a pool to scale their donations based on the price of the coin. 5% sounds well enough based on how much it will support zoidberg at the current going rate, but silly if you consider the total supply. IF we want only to help him day to day.

but as you said, pools can pick their own donation %, so the miners will decide what proportion of which % is donated!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:17:56 AM

a lot of crypto coders don't understand "C" very well, so right now even the code is a little out of their depth.

I understand that C is not ideal for security purposes compared to C++, and its usage was responsible for the Troll Block exploit that recently caused Monero no small amount hassle.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:18:04 AM

im glad to hear that the supernet deal with bbr is still on! two great techs combined into one!!!!
tljenson

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

I am really happy, that some of you are talking about how to better the coin. Gives me hope that the coin can move forward. THE XST forum has descended into chaos, page after page of trolls and fudsters, and the idiots who engage them. Its one of the indicators I use when I'm investing in a coin. How much positive interest there is in a coin, and signs that the dev and the community are interested in helping promote the coin, and to improve on it. The idea of increasing the donation to 5% is the first constructive thing I've heard since CZ decided not to go forward with the fundraiser.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:35:37 AM

I am really happy, that some of you are talking about how to better the coin. Gives me hope that the coin can move forward. THE XST forum has descended into chaos, page after page of trolls and fudsters, and the idiots who engage them. Its one of the indicators I use when I'm investing in a coin. How much positive interest there is in a coin, and signs that the dev and the community are interested in helping promote the coin, and to improve on it. The idea of increasing the donation to 5% is the first constructive thing I've heard since CZ decided not to go forward with the fundraiser.

Increasing the donation to 6% is a 20% better idea.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 03:48:12 AM

I think a 'Coin Maintenance and Development' fee of 2-5% is not only justified, but required by circumstance.

Charge the miners a 2-5% tax of each block of CZ's coin they find, to compensate him for his work and provide for the future of the coin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
clintar

Activity: 212

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:48:32 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 04:05:46 AM by clintar

Math joke.  Grin
I got it. Embarrassed

I've added a 2% dev fee at my pool, and lowered my fee to 1%. Maybe I'll set up another pool instance that will listen on another port with a higher fee, and possibly reverse it at some point, so the main ports mine at 4%, and the alternate ports only do 2%. Any other ideas/comments/name calling because I just went ahead and did it?
tljenson

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:50:25 AM

Well you certainly not Too Dumb for Bitcoin. Yous should change your handle  Smiley
tljenson

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:51:44 AM

I think a 'Coin Maintenance and Development' fee of 2-5% is not only justified, but required by circumstance.

Charge the miners a 2-5% tax of each block of CZ's coin they find, to compensate him for his work and provide for the future of the coin.

+1 Now that is more like it!!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: