Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579344 times)
Green999

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:02:59 AM

Often when people start investing in projects, there's a lot of bad things going on, and I hope MaidSafe is doing a good job of security, it's always in space, good luck.
You should probably start to rebuild your thoughts and start thinking differently. Maybe then, everything will go as it would be desirable.

Stipend ● the Freelancer's Currency
▬▬ ● ● PoS / Masternodes ● ● ▬▬ (https://stipend.me/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:50:45 PM

This project is revolutionary, the fact that there is no investors around it etc. really make me wonder what's wrong here. Not to mention that It's being a few years already and still, we're nowhere near a stable release.
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:53:30 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 02:11:57 PM by bamsterdam

This project is revolutionary, the fact that there is no investors around it etc. really make me wonder what's wrong here. Not to mention that It's being a few years already and still, we're nowhere near a stable release.

When they started they programmed the network in c+ but later on it became clear that to reach its full potential they should program it in rust. Not a easy decision to make but since quality and longevity is in the hard of maidsafe they made the call and rewrote it from scratch.

Everyone who gave up 'hope' or whatever and I understand that in a sense that most of those people stopped reading the dev updates every week and dont have a overview anymore on what is going on. If you did you would see the proces is very professional.

Its a bit harsh to say it takes to long if atm no other project comes even close to what they are trying to build. Yes its taking very long but eth with a similar goal as maidsafe is still 4-5 years+ away from a fully functional sharded network with much more resource and developers. So imo people who gave up hope and say its taking to long simply dont understand the scope of what maidsafe is trying to achieve here if it was so simple eth who have a fully sharded network already (to be clear I dont mean to insult or anything).

I hope that people would read more into the safenetwork and its capabilities. This will help them understand that this it not a simple blockchain project where we have the blockchain as a base and where they add some new features along the way that will add value in the process, which gives you a peak in interest every few months. To write something that has never been done before, where you most of the time cant use or even look at other projects code/idea to use as a base or as inspiration is a very different ballgame. This is a project that needs to invent all these different components and have it working together to have a fully functional network. And because its so groundbreaking a lot of hurdles came along the road because what they are doing has never been done before anywhere.

I follow the project since 2014 and I understand the feelings that it takes a long time but at the same time i really came to understand the value of the project and understand now why they called it back in 2014 the impossible network. The name had a reason because it was so revolutionary people thought they wont be able to achieve it. Although I had my doubts over the years I feel more certain with every dev update I read. I saw the whole process throughout the years and I can tell you that im most impressed by the professionalism of the maidsafe team and now with the PARSEC consensus algo the future for maidsafe and the safenetwork has never looked so bright.

To join the community visit: https://safenetforum.org/ or visit https://safenetwork.tech/
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:11:54 AM

An overview of WebId’s and RDF data use on SAFE.

Recently we published some proof of concepts (POCs) showcasing the use of semantic data on The SAFE Network.

We’ve taken the idea of using WebIds for online identity management and applied it to The SAFE Network.

This has showcased not only how self-authentication can simplify a lot of problems thrown up by the clearnet (see authentication below). But also how SAFE can lend itself to zero infrastructure app development, allowing anyone to easily build decentralized apps, that scale.

Here we’ll be talking through some of the data structures on SAFE that provide for our WebId POC.
https://medium.com/safenetwork/an-overview-of-webids-and-rdf-data-use-on-safe-a1fa4a319bd5
GaPR

Activity: 353
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:49:11 PM

[/quote]

No safecoin won't have anything to do with omni. It will be needed inside the safenetwork which have nothing to do with omni. The maidsafe token on omni will be transferable 1 to 1 to safecoin when it's developed.

Beware to not get tricked you have a safecoin already that is probably a scam from another project that has nothing to do with the safenetwork.
[/quote]                    How do you think the original token should be distinguished from a fake?   

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
bamsterdam

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:45:55 AM

for now there is only maidsafecoin that runs on omni network. Which is tradable on exchanges like poloniex with the ticker MAID. Safecoin will be developed by maidsafe company but still does not exist today and when it does you will be able to read a lot about it on the safenet forum.
https://safenetforum.org/

So all other safecoins today are not related to the safenetwork which is built by maidsafe. Also, the safecoin that exist today runs on a blockchain using zksnarks so if you see something like that you should immediately know it has nothing to do with maidsafe and the safenetwork since they dont use blockchain technology.
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:03:01 PM

I’m sure everyone in this room is invested in the idea that Maid is a worthy investment, virtually regardless of its current valuation, including me. I’m surprised though that a -12% daily move doesn’t trigger any kind of info flow in this particular forum. Maybe its as simple as Maid being a bit overbought in the last few weeks so correcting down again, but the rationale is whats interesting. I’m afraid I only have questions to offer though, no answers.
bamsterdam

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:59:29 AM

Trading volume on maid is pretty low so if one person decides to sell it can affect the whole order book. A lot of alts are down but btc is pretty steady after the news of all the etf rejections by the sec. I actually am pretty pleased that they rejected all proposals at once and not like one a week where we have this negative tension every time. Markets are holding pretty well so far which could be a good sign but we have to see the coming days.

Maid/btc is still trading within the slightly ascending triangle after a large down period so technically we are still good making higher lows and this could be seen as a consolidation fase on a higher timeframe. Markets are overall down so even with the good news we had last weeks the people who have reached it and understand are still relatively small so I'm not surprised maid is affected by the negative market sentiment as well the last weeks.

Im looking forward to the dev update tonight last week they said they have had very long in-depth meetings on what exactly still has to happen before launch and how to get there. This was never discussed before and they probably wouldn't have done that if they weren't convinced themselves that it will be coming. Also curious if they started coding on milestone 2 with parsec integration in routing but we will know in a few hours.
xiaocaiye

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM

I have carefully observed your team information, and I think you are really professional
I hope you can stick to it and make this project successful
Margary

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:46:23 PM

I have carefully observed your team information, and I think you are really professional

it is important to choose the right tactics of the activity and development of the project. The team already has a certain level of knowledge and experience, so I think it will be easy to organize and develop an idea, but it is worth the support of the market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bamsterdam

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:20:08 PM

I have been active in crypto since beginning 2013 when I was waiting on my butterfly asics haha. What a mistake that was not to also have some orders at avalon as well but anyway after mining for several years and going deeper and deeper in the crypto space, there is still, to this date, no other project that gets me more excited from a technical perspective than maidsafe does.
I know it hasn't been a great trade last years but what maidsafe is building is really needed in the world. More needed than all other crypto projects that I know of. That doesn't mean its the only interesting project to follow there are plenty of good and very promising projects but nothing has the scope that maidsafe could have so its only natural that it takes a lot longer to build since its that much more complex otherwise we would have seen someone who would have done it already.

I encourage all people who read this to just get familiar with the tech and follow the dev updates every Thursday just to get a understanding what they are building and follow how the enormous process goes.

https://safenetforum.org/  

beta website: https://safenetwork.tech/
bamsterdam

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:48:52 AM

Latest dev update:

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-dev-update-august-23-2018/25090/16
coingamex

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:52:21 AM

New exchange coingamex.com accepts MaidSafeCoin, in case you are interested

MAID/BTC and MAID/ETH markets
Vitamin_52

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:52:23 AM

SAFE Network Dev Update - September 6, 2018

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-network-dev-update-september-6-2018/25265
broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:27:41 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 05:51:42 AM by broadhurst

it is important to choose the right tactics of the activity and development of the project. The team already has a certain level of knowledge and experience, so I think it will be easy to organize and develop an idea, but it is worth the support of the market.
At this rate my great,great,great grandchildren may see the launch of Maidsafe because at this rate I will be six feet under before
that happens - the world seems to be passing Maidsafe by.
Just confirms to me that I CO,s are a license to print money and are acountable to know one
bamsterdam

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:18:34 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 01:41:27 PM by bamsterdam

At this rate my great,great,great grandchildren may see the launch of Maidsafe because at this rate I will be six feet under before
Just confirms to me that I CO,s are a license to print money and are acountable to know one

This is such BS. First of all most if not all the funding they have at the moment is from a equity sale of the maidsafe company via banktothefuture. Furthermore you clearly dont have followed any development last years otherwise you would have know that maidsafe is not some ico money grab. They are the complete opposite.

Your understanding of what the network can do and will bring in the future is clearly very low. No other competitor is even close at what they are building. Casper for eth for example is further away then most expected since they delay the difficulty bomb by another year. They wouldn't do that if casper was around the corner. And they have been working on that for years already to with all the funding and developers they could wish for. And even if they complete and finally deploy casper they still have to shard the network. A sharded eth is many many years away and that is with a ton of money and development going on.

Do some research before speaking statements like they are facts. Like I stated before it takes longer than we all hoped but If it where so easy to build an asynchronous byzantine fault tolerance data network is would have been done already by a competitor.  
broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:40:05 PM

This is such BS. First of all most if not all the funding they have at the moment is from a equity sale of the maidsafe company via banktothefuture. Furthermore you clearly dont have followed any development last years otherwise you would have know that maidsafe is not some ico money grab. They are the complete opposite.

Your understanding of what the network can do and will bring in the future is clearly very low. No other competitor is even close at what they are building. Casper for eth for example is further away then most expected since they delay the difficulty bomb by another year. They wouldn't do that if casper was around the corner. And they have been working on that for years already to with all the funding and developers they could wish for. And even if they complete and finally deploy casper they still have to shard the network. A sharded eth is many many years away and that is with a ton of money and development going on.

Do some research before speaking statements like they are facts. Like I stated before it takes longer than we all hoped but If it where so easy to build an asynchronous byzantine fault tolerance data network is would have been done already by a competitor.  

asynchronous byzantine fault tolerance data network
That translates into a file storage network of which there are competitors up and running  - I cannot see average members of the public storing their data
on strangers machine regardless of how many encrypted little chunks are involved -  they are used to using already established cloud services and I cannot see them migrating en-masse to an 'asynchronous byzantine fault tolerant data network'  It's an extremely complex noble idea but will not be understood or appreciated by most people - And forget about businesses using the network there is no way they will be storing customer data on a distributed file storage network.

MihailJ

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:39:17 PM

August SAFE Network Summary
https://medium.com/safenetwork/august-safe-network-summary-bd0c7d8a2d3b

Looks like the summer is officially over here in Ayr as we release the round up of August. After the excitement of the Decentralized Web Summit in July, August has been full of planning, development updates and meet ups.

(You can check out each of our weekly updates here: Aug 2nd, Aug 9th, Aug 16th, Aug 23rd, Aug 30th.)

We recently released the SAFE Network Fundamentals. These statements summarise the vision and goals for the SAFE Network and it’s been valuable to get feedback from the community about each of the points. We’re currently adding a little more context to explain each one which you should be able to see on safenetwork.tech during the course of the next week.

August also saw another edition of the London SAFE Network Meetup thanks to the hard work of Oscar and the team as Cryptonomy. The audience was treated to presentations from both Dug Campbell on the Network overview as well as deeper dive into PARSEC with Pierre Chevalier, co-creator of the PARSEC Consensus Protocol. You can watch both of these presentations on our YouTube channel now. The London meetup will now run monthly so please do come along to the next one if you’re in London on 26th September. Alternatively, if you’re on the other side of the Atlantic, please do get involved in the meetup in Chicago on 15th September if it’s anywhere near you. And of course, as ever, if you would like to host a SAFE Network meet up in a community near you please contact us for more information now.

And speaking of the overall mission, the SAFE Network has always focused on providing an alternative to the risks of centralised server systems. This month, our criticisms of the existing system were alas proved correct once again as we saw maintenance carried out by Digital Ocean resulting in excess churn to the Alpha 2 nodes that they host. This was specifically an issue for the Alpha Network (with hosted nodes) as opposed to one that would be experienced by the Network in the wild. There was no way to accurately assess the impact of these number of nodes having gone down on the alpha network — after all, the whole point of the Network is that no-one (including us!) can ever view the data that has been uploaded. So we took the decision to reset the Alpha 2 Network. So if you missed the announcements on the Forum and you’re now wondering why you’re being asked to go through the invite process again, this is the reason why. If you need a little extra help, please read how to get back onto the Network on the Forum.

Jon Haggblad recently joined the Routing team as a Rust Engineer and is getting to grips with the Network and has even merged his first PR already. The MaidSafe team is once again growing and we have five open positions across different teams. We are looking for a Rust Engineer with experience in networks and a Rust Engineer focused on routing (both remote), as well as Marketing Strategist, Software Test Engineer and DevOps Engineer to join the Ayr based team. If you would like more information — or think you could be the person we are looking for — email careers@maidsafe.net.

Finally the code in our Electron quickstart app tutorial 25 has recently been updated so it can be used with the latest safe-node-app package.

As we move into September and some exciting times for the SAFE Network please do let us know your thoughts on the forums and social media. As ever, if you’d like to get updates as soon as they’re posted please subscribe and turn on notifications on our YouTube channel and join us every Thursday night on the Forum for the weekly Dev Update.
bloodchow

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:54:15 PM

safenetwork has a good prospect, can be better than tor someday!

in the meanwhile im buying all the maidsafe coin as the price is cheap now hohoho  Grin Grin Grin
Artemsv

Activity: 756
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:45:00 AM

XOR URLs Proof of Concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikfxRNARnM&feature=youtu.be
MaidSafe engineers Gabriel, Josh and Hunter describe sharing and accessing a SAFE Network file without the need to publish it with the Networks Decentralised Naming System (DNS).  They call it XOR URLs as it is based on the XOR addresses of the native SAFE Network data types.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: