Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579304 times)
dmzj4812

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:57:46 PM

Some people say MAID will rise! Really like this?

http://btc12.com/thread-247.htm

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wannarahaa

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:07:02 PM

A pump is happened today, congrats guys. I think maid is a long term coin, under 14k sat is a good entry point, I aim to get 10X profit in next 3 years. It is not a short term speculative coin, it is long term.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:32:08 PM

I think there is a big problem at the moment with this maid/safecoin and that is that there is no spacific wallet application that the coins can be stored in.
I have a few coins but not being able to place them in a wallet is a big problem and prevents me from buying more. Now you might say use the bitcoin method which I don't understand or care to becouse I don't want to relate one coin with another and being suseptable to another network.
You should make a spacific wallet to store the coins in as soon as possible, not having this is rediculas to say the least. It should have been done before any trading was allowed.
Please sort this out. I would consider you would have far more investment into the coin when you do this.

MAID is just a proxy-token released in 2014 as an alt-coin using the Bitcoin blockchain. I agree it can be confusing but I use both a "cold wallet" and Omniwallet to store my coins.

https://www.omniwallet.org/

When the real Safecoins are released they can be exchanged 1-on-1 for MAID. The real Safecoin will have a nice GUI-wallet and the system won't use a blockchain. It's expected that Safecoin transactions
will finalize under a second. So quite different from any blockchain technology. Until that moment we have to use MAID running on the blockchain. Make always sure to be the owner of the public keys of your address.
Don't use multisig. 
wannarahaa

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 11:47:54 AM

I think there is a big problem at the moment with this maid/safecoin and that is that there is no spacific wallet application that the coins can be stored in.
I have a few coins but not being able to place them in a wallet is a big problem and prevents me from buying more. Now you might say use the bitcoin method which I don't understand or care to becouse I don't want to relate one coin with another and being suseptable to another network.
You should make a spacific wallet to store the coins in as soon as possible, not having this is rediculas to say the least. It should have been done before any trading was allowed.
Please sort this out. I would consider you would have far more investment into the coin when you do this.

MAID is just a proxy-token released in 2014 as an alt-coin using the Bitcoin blockchain. I agree it can be confusing but I use both a "cold wallet" and Omniwallet to store my coins.

When the real Safecoins are released they can be exchanged 1-on-1 for MAID. The real Safecoin will have a nice GUI-wallet and the system won't use a blockchain. It's expected that Safecoin transactions
will finalize under a second. So quite different from any blockchain technology. Until that moment we have to use MAID running on the blockchain. Make always sure to be the owner of the public keys of your address.
Don't use multisig. 

No blockchain feature is very cool, I wonder what kind of the system will be, now is alpha test, so is the concept working well on alpha test?
zeeman

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:02:45 PM

Don't use multisig. 

No blockchain feature is very cool, I wonder what kind of the system will be, now is alpha test, so is the concept working well on alpha test?

We've seen 10 testnets and Alpha so far. Yes, this stuff works. From the DNS to self encryption to self authentication to routing and mail  Grin. several things need to be optimized:

• Data persistence - upload once and your data (private/public) is there as long as you want. Even if you don't touch it for years.
  • Routing - reward faster Vaults and block the really slow ones that can't route any chunks.
  • Protect against attacks - no one should be able to "target a group" and take it over.

All these points have the focus of the team. Check the RFC's for "Data chain", "Disjoint Groups" and "Node age". The Disjoint Groups was implemented last week, coding for the Data chain is already done for a big part and Node age was agreed on  Tongue. https://github.com/maidsafe/rfcs/blob/master/RFCs-by-status.md#active-rfcs

Overall they're heading in the right direction IMO. But don't expect test_safecoin in the coming weeks. They need to workout the algo's for "Farming" as well. Luckily they have around a dozen devs working full time on this project now.
wannarahaa

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:25:59 PM

Don't use multisig.  

We've seen 10 testnets and Alpha so far. Yes, this stuff works. From the DNS to self encryption to self authentication to routing and mail  Grin. several things need to be optimized:

• Data persistence - upload once and your data (private/public) is there as long as you want. Even if you don't touch it for years.
  • Routing - reward faster Vaults and block the really slow ones that can't route any chunks.
  • Protect against attacks - no one should be able to "target a group" and take it over.

All these points have the focus of the team. Check the RFC's for "Data chain", "Disjoint Groups" and "Node age". The Disjoint Groups was implemented last week, coding for the Data chain is already done for a big part and Node age was agreed on  Tongue. https://github.com/maidsafe/rfcs/blob/master/RFCs-by-status.md#active-rfcs

Overall they're heading in the right direction IMO. But don't expect test_safecoin in the coming weeks. They need to workout the algo's for "Farming" as well. Luckily they have around a dozen devs working full time on this project now.

Thanks for your detailed explanations, glad to see maidsafe community has you, if there is an election of community manager or pr director, I will vote for you. You do the promotion job voluntarily, answer people's questions for long term. You are real investor, not like other people who shout "moon", "pump" daily, they only for money.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:05:41 AM

So whos going to be ready for Bitcache first? Storj or Maid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8D1dDjIEpg
yufu571

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:22:17 PM

Don't use multisig.  

We've seen 10 testnets and Alpha so far. Yes, this stuff works. From the DNS to self encryption to self authentication to routing and mail  Grin. several things need to be optimized:

All these points have the focus of the team. Check the RFC's for "Data chain", "Disjoint Groups" and "Node age". The Disjoint Groups was implemented last week, coding for the Data chain is already done for a big part and Node age was agreed on  Tongue. https://github.com/maidsafe/rfcs/blob/master/RFCs-by-status.md#active-rfcs

Thanks for your detailed explanations, glad to see maidsafe community has you, if there is an election of community manager or pr director, I will vote for you. You do the promotion job voluntarily, answer people's questions for long term. You are real investor, not like other people who shout "moon", "pump" daily, they only for money.
I agree with you~ MAID is a nice project!
zeeman

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:36:20 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-october-18-2016-test-11/11562

Enjoy!@!
zeeman

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:15:47 AM

We've seen the weekly Maidsafe dev-update yesterday. TEST 11 is currently active. For those that want to connect I organised some links to get you started:

To connect to TEST 11 you need to make a map on your desktop and put the next 4 elements in it:

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_launcher/releases/tag/0.9.2

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_examples/releases/tag/0.8.0

https://github.com/joshuef/beaker/releases/tag/v0.3.5

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_examples/releases/tag/0.9.0

As you can see all these links point to the Maidsafe GitHub REPO. There's support for Linux, Windows and OSX. What you nee to do is the following:

Put all these binaries in 1 map to keep things simple. It should look something like this:

As a first step for using SAFE you need to run the Launcher. It's a binary (executable file) in the Launcher-map:

This piece of software connects you to SAFE (in this case TEST 11). It allows you to create an account where the login details never leave your computer. Make sure to remember your login details. You could also write them down, as long as you keep it safe of course  Cheesy. Next step is to start the Demo App.

Notice that it's start will trigger the Launcher! That's right, the Launcher will ask you for permission when it get's a request from the Demo App. You can use the Demo App to upload a website, register an public ID and upload private/public files like website and more. You have up to 500 mb of free encrypted storage.

Another cool thing to do is using the SAFE MAIL. You probably guessed that the program is in the map: Safe mail tutorial. It's another binary:

You are asked to provide a name. Mine is zeeman so feel free to send me a mail!

Finally there's the SAFE Beaker Browser. It's in that map called win-unpacked. Just search for the binary:

You want some safe://domains to browse?? There's someone on the forum who made a website where people add their sites.

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-october-18-2016-test-11/11562/15

Once you've started the SAFE Beaker Browser you can open that website using this link: safe://diy.yvette/

So here you are: TEST 11 with websites, registered domains, email, storage and more. Hopefully we have test_safecoins and a nice wallet in a few months as well.   

digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:29:34 PM

Thinking about the future value of the coin and the obvious became apparent.

Why should maid safe be worth anything when there are to be four thousand million coins available? (I consider this a serious coin, BUT thats FOUR THOUSAND MILLION) That is alot of coin in the cryptosphere. (And more so in RELATION to other serious coins, its a standout oversupply of coins).

It is obviously a ridiculous amount of coins to have in circulation for a crypto whatever the foundation of the coin is.
And as a crypto can be broken down to so many decimal places it also is an irrational amout of supply.

I think whoever decided on this amount of coins has made a mistake if trying to creating standout value for the coin. If there is too much of something the value is always lessened by that degree. You want to try and explain how I can get it so wrong?

Don't get me wrong as I really like what is happeneng here but if everythng goes well, and is succesfull, how can there be value in it if there are so many coins in circulation?
It seems unlikely that this coin will be ranging in any high numbers, Is that intentional?

You are welcome to explain as indepth as you may, because I don't think I see it as you do.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6080

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:51:56 PM

I have a few questions about the SAFE Browser for you zeeman (I would really appreciate an answer) , Is it going to be possible to access Safenet websites from the normal browsers or not ? If not , how about Tor ? and Is it possible to access .onion and normal website from the Safe browser ? and is there is any fees required while visiting websites ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pradalady

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:33:24 PM

Test 11 is so professional. Any ETA of beta test phase? Since alpha has 11 tests, so beta test will be very near? Personally I want cheap coins before beta or official launch.

zeeman

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:07:21 PM

Thinking about the future value of the coin and the obvious became apparent.

Why should maid safe be worth anything when there are to be four thousand million coins available? (I consider this a serious coin, BUT thats FOUR THOUSAND MILLION) That is alot of coin in the cryptosphere. (And more so in RELATION to other serious coins, its a standout oversupply of coins).

It is obviously a ridiculous amount of coins to have in circulation for a crypto whatever the foundation of the coin is.
And as a crypto can be broken down to so many decimal places it also is an irrational amout of supply.

I think whoever decided on this amount of coins has made a mistake if trying to creating standout value for the coin. If there is too much of something the value is always lessened by that degree. You want to try and explain how I can get it so wrong?

Don't get me wrong as I really like what is happeneng here but if everythng goes well, and is succesfull, how can there be value in it if there are so many coins in circulation?
It seems unlikely that this coin will be ranging in any high numbers, Is that intentional?

You are welcome to explain as indepth as you may, because I don't think I see it as you do.

That number is the maximum amount. We won't get there in 20 or 50 years. If you have 1 Safecoin farmed, and let's assume you could PUT (upload) several GB's of data to the network, what happens? Well, you are the owner of the Safecoin. When you PUT data to the network your close nodes want you to "burn" that coin so you can upload data. "Burning" isn't the right word as the address for the coin become available again for farming. And the Farming process picks a random Safecoin address to see if it's free. So all data that's uploaded to the network removes Safecoin out of the system. The "many decimal places" are there for a reason. the Farming Reward (how much coins you get to deliver a mb of data to the network) changes. So when there's enough storage space the reward goes down. So you get less coins when you deliver data tot he network. So let's say it's 1 Safecoin when you delivered 1 TB of data while the price is $0.10 per Safecoin. Two days later the price goes up to $0.12 per Safecoin. The algorithm kicks in because more people tried to Farm coins. The Farming Reward will drop 20% because the price of Safecoin got up. So there's still balance even if the price goes up to $0.30 or $1.00

There's also caching in the network. So a new episode of Games Of Thrones watched by thousands of people doesn't trigger a lot of farming because chunks get delivered faster by closer nodes from caching. Another thing to add is that "structured data" which is dynamic data (like a editable reply on a forum) costs more than just plan storage of an mb. of data. People also pay (burn!) Safecoin when they want to register a name in the DNS or use other services. So a lot of coins get removed until they get farmed again at that address (if they even ever will). So it all depends on the algo's created by Maidsafe for test_Farming and test_safecoin. So we start with 450 million coins. If the algo's for Farming are really strict we might only see 50 million new coins in a year with 1 million users. If the algo's are very loose we might see double that amount. Every Vault is in a close group that's part of Farming as well. So if you calculate the number of successful farming attempts in your close group you might calculate how much coins are out there. So if 150 from 1000 attempt fail it means that 15% of the Safecoin addresses are already Farmed. That means 654 million coins out there. That's why we have test_farming and test_safecoin. All these things will tested before implemented.     
zeeman

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:17:15 PM

I have a few questions about the SAFE Browser for you zeeman (I would really appreciate an answer) , Is it going to be possible to access Safenet websites from the normal browsers or not ? If not , how about Tor ? and Is it possible to access .onion and normal website from the Safe browser ? and is there is any fees required while visiting websites ?

We used "mixed browsing" on several testnets with Chrome and Firefox and Waterfox. It used a proxy-setting delivered by Maidsafe. But as you might know there are a lot of trackers that follow you in the browser. That's why the proxy was removed. And all connections to the "normal" internet are being removed from the SAFE Beaker Browser as well. This is to make things really secure. Same for TOR. SAFE is something completely new and you don't need a server for it. So no WWW and no FTP-connections etc. My guess is people will use the SAFE Beaker Browser for SAFE.

Will some folks create plugins and proxies and bridges? Probably. But Maidsafe chooses the path of real deep security. It's up to you to use third party plugins that make things more easy but less secure. I like TOR and I2P and others. But I do understand the vision by Maidsafe not to support everything.

You don't ever have to pay to download and or "surf" the SAFE Network. At least, that's the idea for a very long time  Tongue. If it really isn't possible they might change that but BitTorrent, Freenet, Skype and others are working for years with free downloads so it shouldn't be a problem I guess.
zeeman

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:39:16 PM

Test 11 is so professional. Any ETA of beta test phase? Since alpha has 11 tests, so beta test will be very near? Personally I want cheap coins before beta or official launch.

They announced they will deliver Alpha 2 after Alpha 1. So no BETA in the coming weeks/months. We might even see Alpha 3 as well, I don't know. Things change quick as they work quite fast  Cheesy.
Data needs to be secure all the time, even when the whole internet goes down for several days. That's why they're working on datachains. We NEED these before that goal is ever reached.

Routing needs to be fast and secure, that why they've implemented 'Disjoint Groups" over the last weeks. Nobody should be able to attack the network by starting thousands of nodes to target groups. That's why they invented "Node Ageing". They talked about a solution to this problem for several days with several devs. And Node Ageing was the outcome:

https://github.com/maidsafe/rfcs/blob/master/text/0045-node-ageing/0045-node-ageing.md

So these things need to be implemented before we can ever have the full SAFE Network with nodes from home an data that's secure even without being touched for years. But it won't take years to do this. They have around 12 coders at the moment and things go quite fast. Check the weekly updates to get a grip of where they are:

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-october-18-2016-test-11/11562
zeeman

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:58:05 PM

Global SAFE events. Finally  Cheesy

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-october-25-2016/11621

Enjoy@#!
zeeman

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:13:29 PM

https://safenetforum.org/t/maidsafe-dev-update-november-1-2016/11672
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6080

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:13:00 PM

Each time a new dev update gets released , I see more potentials and I believe more in the MaidSafe project ... But in same time I see the price of Safecoins decreasing which I can't seem to understand why... I know It's not Beta or final release yet but the price should already reach the moon  as the project is revolutionary (more then BTC If you ask me)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kerrang

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 04:07:32 AM

btc bullish = alts bear
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: