Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260291 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:05:35 PM

That should work for your users, but I believe the exchanges have security policy set , that they always have to let the wallets sync the blockchain and they can't use bootstrap or chain downloads.

Cool

This is silly.

An exchange can have perfect security if they make their OWN backup of the chain every few days. They won't have to trust anyone else and still be able to recover quickly, with full confidence in the blockchain.

This procedure can be done by anyone, not just exchanges, if they don't want to trust someone else's chain. Better safer than sorry.

Due to the algorithm change in the past, syncing Diamond from scratch is painfully slow, until you reach the switch point (about one year ago). Working on fixing this issue, but it is very low priority at the moment, due to the options already mentioned.

The "distiled blockchain" posted on diamond.danbo.bg is generated always from scratch by an isolated node and contains minimal number of orphans and other junk.

Your statement, that Diamond suffers from forks and this is why you need to load an blockchain backup is not correct. You do not have to do this and Diamond is perfectly capable to load/verify it's blockchain.

Thanks for not spreading FUD.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danbi

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:19:14 PM

developers

how, when and how many time it is necessary to apply the setchangeaddress parameter when I am withdrawal from a wallet?
I don't know how it works.

if u dont set a changeaddress ur wallet will create a new address for everytime a transaction create a change returned to u
the change addresses only visible in coin control

when u add it to diamond.conf
changeaddress=youraddress
its always active if u use there ur mainadress u will get the change always back there

if u want to use it only for actual session u can set it at wallet gui

This parameter is needed, that not to increase quantity of the hidden addresses and not to increase the "weight" of the wallet?
if so, then why this feature is not enabled by default?

The wallet does not know what address you want to use for the change and it also does not know if you would not prefer the bitcoin default protocol to create new address for the change, to make it more difficult to track what exactly is in your wallet.

This is why this option can not be enabled by default.

By the way, you could set the change address to some other wallet, not the one for which the configuration is applied.

Galactus

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:54:56 PM

danbi

I am sorry, but I can't well translate everything that you speak. also did not understand half of what is said by cryptonit.
language barrier.
no complete understanding of the parameter changeaddress=
leave it as is.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 09:43:43 PM

http://dmdeu.miningfield.com/  is ready for beeing used
the token expired problem was not be able to be reproduced today and register account did work

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:49:41 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 10:05:29 PM by kiklo

This is silly.

An exchange can have perfect security if they make their OWN backup of the chain every few days. They won't have to trust anyone else and still be able to recover quickly, with full confidence in the blockchain.

This procedure can be done by anyone, not just exchanges, if they don't want to trust someone else's chain. Better safer than sorry.

Due to the algorithm change in the past, syncing Diamond from scratch is painfully slow, until you reach the switch point (about one year ago). Working on fixing this issue, but it is very low priority at the moment, due to the options already mentioned.

The "distiled blockchain" posted on diamond.danbo.bg is generated always from scratch by an isolated node and contains minimal number of orphans and other junk.

Your statement, that Diamond suffers from forks and this is why you need to load an blockchain backup is not correct. You do not have to do this and Diamond is perfectly capable to load/verify it's blockchain.

Got the fork impression from posts in the forum.
Maybe you should give a detailed explantion to clear up exactly what is going on.
As it seems unclear.
I got it fixed but unknown why it forked.
I unlocked for minting and 3 transactions within two minutes.
All confirmed. Backed Up this database.
I am unstuck.lol

Never said it was not silly, just exchanges policy as far as I know.
Real question for you , is why won't the blockchain Reorg instead of the users having to restore old blockchains.
Plus this link was not fud , https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status
It was to help you see their is an issue that needs to be resolved to get your cryptsy wallet working.
 Cool
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:13:38 PM

u said urself auto merging coin piles will adapt the amounts of coin piles
once competition for POS blocks is high enough that some coin pile get no slot in 30 days
the coin pile will start to merge together when minting above 30 days age

u see the solution urself coin pile merge at POS but u dont see that we on our way again there?

now the network fill with coin piles so the POS diff raise again and once high enough coin merge will start again

a few hundred coin pile (even a few thousand pile) in a wallet is absolute no issue for the wallet

but yes once the total amount of transactions reach a point of multiple ten-thousands transactions its time to move coins into a new wallet

for a normal user wallet that will be multiple years 24/7 online wallet
Just to clarify.
Its not merging any two piles into one pile, Its not combining anything.WHEN?
Its split staking. DO you know what that means??
The POS diff  is not increasing!
What is the threshold of the Diff to start merging these piles???
You say when the POS diff increases it will merge??
When the Diff reaches some magic number or after 30 days??
What is the threshold??
How are the piles going to age 30 days if they are split staked maybe up to 9 times in 30 days??
There is not a single input in my wallet older than 041415. Today's date is 042715
It split staked every pile I had. And has merged ZERO.Is this just a onetime thing?

So enlighten me because,as you say, I see the solution yourself??
IF you put half as much effort into learning to Read Write and Speak English, as you do to posting pictures, we might be able to communicate effectively.
Your efforts so far are discouraging. POSTER BOY AT best.
Are you waiting 30 years of the coin roll out to start learning English  v1.0?
Honestly do you think you can be effective not making the effort??
or Does the Sympathy of others restrict you from doing so??
I got no problem admitting I am wrong, don't know what  I'm talking about etc.
I want to be wrong as I profit as well as everyone else, if so.
But if I am right we all Lose. I am trying to avoid that.
I challenge you to construct a Roadmap to Diamond Wealth and Sticky it to this thread.

Roadmap
of the config file and setup for new/old users,
Minimum System requirements for wallet,
What are all the options available to us in the config and how to implement,
How does the minting process function with examples of real world scenarios,
What does work in the wallet and what does not,
What is My weight for minting. What is network weight,
How to clean up the wallet over time from unconfirmed minting/mining transactions,
How to use coin control effectively where Diamond is concerned. Pro and cons,
How to restore the wallet. Steps
How and where to check your not forked,
How does the reactor work/cloudmining. Data link to spread sheets,
How you need to be real careful with setchange address and your wallet.dat,
Etc Etc.
I am sure there is a lot more that could be in this Roadmap/FAQ/readme
You don't even have a readme for the software with any version.
All new /old users would benefit. Like an owners manual.
A Picture won't cut it.
xcel works great for Roadmaps.
You can even paste in your pretty pictures.
Diamond Roadmap to Wealth.

If YOU are NOT into the Continuous Improvement of Diamond, then DON'T put forth the EFFORT.
It will be the same effort as English.
And don't give me the excuse that Pg 1 of this thread has all required information.
Its a unorganized collage of logos and pictures.
IF it was effective people wouldn't need to post the simplest of questions.
Tip of the Day:If your Weight is greater than the network weight your FORKED.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 02:14:42 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 02:50:35 PM by cryptonit

of the config file and setup for new/old users,
next wallet release will be zero conf file needed for non mining users
we add seednodes and good peer provided to ur wallet at launch

Minimum System requirements for wallet,
if no other hungry software runs it can run fine on rasperry pi2 and really every windows and linux system with ~700mb  free ram
regarding cpu useage next wallet release will bring great improvement

What are all the options available to us in the config and how to implement,
most of bitcoin code base https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin
and a few more like changeaddress=
hope daniel find some time gather the infos of all stuff he implemented at one central place
as a part of dokumentation on github would be ideal

How does the minting process function with examples of real world scenarios,
https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,46.msg376.html#msg376
but it seems that min age is now 9 days we analyze that but until yet it still behave nice
in a few weeks network will adapt to new rules and group stake will happen again countering split stake forever

What does work in the wallet and what does not,
if u see any function in wallet that dont work report it please i know none beside inaccurate pos time to mind mousover infos

What is My weight for minting. What is network weight,
see above the mouse over info is inaccurate will be recoded  in a future release

How to clean up the wallet over time from unconfirmed minting/mining transactions,
next wallet release will have a cleanup feature of wallet transactions mnore infos in release notes

How to use coin control effectively where Diamond is concerned. Pro and cons,
no use of coin controll needed at all if u didnt solo mine and u use only 1 address
if u do mining its suggested u move from time to time ur coins from the automated generated mining address towards the main address

How to restore the wallet. Steps
some guides here in thread already

How and where to check your not forked,
if a fork happens u will get the correct fork chain and the blockexplorer to compare ur blockcount as info here posted

How does the reactor work
like a normal wallet
reactor ruleset is posted here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg10415871#msg10415871

cloudmining. Data link to spread sheets,
check terms of service https://multipool.bit.diamonds/attachments/Terms_of_use.pdf
roi stats u can find on website https://cloudmining.bit.diamonds/ by click on "roi stats"

How you need to be real careful with setchange address and your wallet.dat,
like every configuration setting u should know what u do
in case of the diamond.conf changeaddress=address u have to understand that every change is send to that address
if u enter a bad written address or a address which is not under ur control that change can be lost....
better explained by daniel himself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg11211712#msg11211712

@mister1k
it would be very welcome u support DMD with ur perfect english and create a well written guide
out of my answers and other information sources u trust
if u have follow up questions feel free to ask here

thx for ur ongoing support

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:19:58 PM

I would always recommend people sync the chain from start. Except people want to use their wallets *now*. In which case I would always recommend they make periodic backups and start from there. A year old backup since we switched algorithms is wiser than starting from scratch.

I do start from scratch test almost every day, but this is to verify that no code changes introduce problems with the existing blockchain. Preserving existing blockchain is what is required if we talk about trust at all.

Considering it could take days, even under the best conditions to sync the chain from scratch, we provide from time to time backups from those "fresh sync" nodes. For those who trust us at least a bit and who have no time to wait. By the way, if people don't trust us, they should read and compile code by themselves, even better write their own wallet -- for we could sneak malicious code in the wallet too, right?

We had few forks in the recent month, all as it seems due to different reasons. Downloading an archive of the current blockchain is the fastest possible way to get people back online. OR, restoring from your own backup a month/week ago. I guess this is why people prefer doing it this way.
The bad blockchains are still being analysed for more details to help prevent it happening in the future (or converge faster), but there aren't many volunteers doing it so that process is slow Smiley

This is silly.

Got the fork impression from posts in the forum.
Maybe you should give a detailed explantion to clear up exactly what is going on.
As it seems unclear.
I got it fixed but unknown why it forked.
I unlocked for minting and 3 transactions within two minutes.
All confirmed. Backed Up this database.
I am unstuck.lol

Never said it was not silly, just exchanges policy as far as I know.
Real question for you , is why won't the blockchain Reorg instead of the users having to restore old blockchains.
Plus this link was not fud , https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status
It was to help you see their is an issue that needs to be resolved to get your cryptsy wallet working.
 Cool

danbi

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:25:58 PM

danbi

I am sorry, but I can't well translate everything that you speak. also did not understand half of what is said by cryptonit.
language barrier.
no complete understanding of the parameter changeaddress=
leave it as is.

I will try with simpler sentences.

By design, Bitcoin will create new address for the change, when you send coins and there is change remaining.

It is designed this way, because people hope their transactions will remain anonymous. Nobody would know what they have in their own wallet. If you have an coin pile of 100 DMD and send 50 DMD to someone, the change will go to a new address. Nobody will know if that address is yours, until you spend it. It will also not know to which wallet the address belongs.

Some people like this and they demand it work this way. This is how Diamond behaves without setchangeaddress= setting.
This setting is unique to Diamond. I invented it.

When you use the setting, no new address is created for the change. It is send where you specify. It could be the same wallet, or different. It could be your wallet or someone else's.

Sorry for the language problems. English is not my native language. In a conversation both sides need to make some effort to understand each other.
By the way, I post these replies for other people who might have the same questions, too.

Whitesox

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:42:15 PM

Just a quick question in between... any news about DMD multipool resuming payments??

I read someone saying the had issues with their wallet, but I have found no updates... Still mining there...

Thnxs!!

Do I know anyone?? Does anyone know me??
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 02:47:15 PM

Just a quick question in between... any news about DMD multipool resuming payments??

I read someone saying the had issues with their wallet, but I have found no updates... Still mining there...

Thnxs!!

hi fellow friend of the white sox

as soon as cryptsy finished their maintainance cloud/multi will continue converting BTC towards DMD

all mining rewards and cloud rewards earned meantime will the be converted nothing is lost just payout delayed

last info by mullick (cryptsy wallet main engineer) was that their resync nearly finsihed and then to will cheack all failed withdraw tx

once the last conbversion round withdraw is fixed and split/send to multi/cloud users we can start a new conversion round

its in the nature of automated systems that u need to finsih one round before u can start next round

at least with the logic we used to code it

Whitesox

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:52:56 PM

That's just fine cryptonit, thnxs for the answer...

Not really a fan of the White Sox... I live and was born in Mallorca, Spain... So no actual relation lol!!

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 04:08:43 PM

That's just fine cryptonit, thnxs for the answer...

Not really a fan of the White Sox... I live and was born in Mallorca, Spain... So no actual relation lol!!
i dont even know what they are baseball football basketball ? Wink

i just did think its a fun start for a answer

im from europe too (austria) so some US tribal sports stay a miracle to us europeans

here in austria its easy sport need ski no ski no sport Wink

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 04:13:38 PM

so what we see here
http://dmdeu.miningfield.com/ can use some more hashrate
some more people from danbi please switch over to spread hashrate between pools

additional we see network stabilized the network orphans are back to where it was before the troubles

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:49:22 PM

a few more europe miners towards http://dmdeu.miningfield.com/ please and  the hashrate is good distributed
4 pow block sources all around >10% an <20% of new blocks will be idea distribution
so lets try get some more poolminer towards miningfield and it reach above 10%
(but solominers stay solo please thats very valuable for network health)

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:02:11 PM

Greetings, How It Works https://multipool.bit.diamonds/, as mine in this pool. and searched and can not find how to register.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:04:59 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 02:18:01 PM by cryptonit

Greetings, How It Works https://multipool.bit.diamonds/, as mine in this pool. and searched and can not find how to register.

u register with enter ur dmd wallet address in the box where its written
"enter ur DMD wallet address"
use a real wallet address (not from cryptsy or other exchange)
later on if u wana be able use settings u need to be able sign messages this can be done only with real wallet and real adrress

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:47:02 PM

nice venezuela and south africa i think its first time i see active wallets there

DMD Diamond as "insider tip" where u dont share info or someone else will mine ur coins
that times are over

now main source of DMD production is bvia POS and to power ur POS coin generation u need coins u buy at exchange
who start mining now and think alone by mining create a nice share of DMD is clear to late

spread the word increase the family of diamond collectors

in my opinion for late adopters the troublesome times around last wallet release are a big chance
and did open a extended time window to be able buy in and get some cheap DMD to start ur own POS mining farm which use just a few watt

Whitesox

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:43:31 PM

Thnxs!!

as soon as cryptsy finished their maintainance cloud/multi will continue converting BTC towards DMD

all mining rewards and cloud rewards earned meantime will the be converted nothing is lost just payout delayed

last info by mullick (cryptsy wallet main engineer) was that their resync nearly finsihed and then to will cheack all failed withdraw tx

once the last conbversion round withdraw is fixed and split/send to multi/cloud users we can start a new conversion round

its in the nature of automated systems that u need to finsih one round before u can start next round

Hi again.

Not doubting about anythin, don't get me wrong... but I've been to Criptsy and their DMD operations are ongoing... would they not have to be stopped if there was a problem with their DMD wallet??

TIA

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:25:19 PM

Thnxs!!

Hi again.

Not doubting about anythin, don't get me wrong... but I've been to Criptsy and their DMD operations are ongoing... would they not have to be stopped if there was a problem with their DMD wallet??

TIA

No problem with DMD wallet, we have contacted Cryptsy and they told us Cryptsy DMD wallet s going to be online withing a few hours, tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. We are all eagerly waiting to do some DMD shopping. Soon.

Thank you for your patience guys.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: