Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:57:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260362 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

My problem with that is DMD is still tied to BTC and totally dependent on that.  A DMD/USD market must be established that community will actually use ...

This is the problem with most coins, isn't it?

DMD/USD market is established   https://comkort.com/trade/dmd_usd .. why community doesn't actually use it.. idk, but for sure you can lead by example.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:58:28 PM

people have to understand
how BTT at least in altcoin area is and how people play games here

its like a btc-e.com trollbox

they try initiate pump by hype posts  and dump by panic posts and profit on market
this argon guy seems to wana have some more cheap coins

the truth is always the marketprice if u belive his storys based on half facts and half fiction
which are merged together can create any scenario u wana describe
then u need to sell ur dmd

utahjohn on other hand is a 2500 dmd nonfactor he doesnt play that games
he is just disturbed between love and hate dmd
and his crusade to destroy the coin if it dont follow his wishes
(as he already did threaten me once per PM (....destroy DMD like i did destroy judgecoin....)

utah u not in the position to influence DMD no matter how hard u try

with upcoming increasing popularity of DMD more people like argon and utah
will find this thread and follow their own agendas in it

a question to the community

do u want us to active counter that in a way like we handled icebreaker
or u dont bother and see this as entertaining when u read it?

in my opinion we should let them be here and try to move serious talks to dmd forum
there we can just ban such users and dont have the sisyphus work to delete their posts

but also a fact is that community didnt follow us to dmd forum
last time we wanted to switch focus there

Cryptonit - I think all posts should stay here as this is where newcomers will start.  I for one am entertained by it.  Especially utah telling us to remove our buy walls.  Which I haven't done.  Anyone coming into this new should take all of this with a grain of salt and realize it is the ramblings of a few that you read through all of the posts.  I would put more faith in utah if he wasn't so wishy washy all the time.  One post he is a posterboy for DMD and then in the next he is trying to destroy DMD.  Very confusing.

utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:13:00 PM

My problem with that is DMD is still tied to BTC and totally dependent on that.  A DMD/USD market must be established that community will actually use ...

This is the problem with most coins, isn't it?

DMD/USD market is established   https://comkort.com/trade/dmd_usd .. why community doesn't actually use it.. idk, but for sure you can lead by example.
I think if you were to have a talk with bigvern on cryptsy we might get DMD/USD established there, nobody moves from cryptsy to other markets ... I have no intention of selling at this time but clearly there are dumpers who do ...
utahjohn

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:18:43 PM

I have been around since april 2014 and I know the history, I have learned to appreciate the ignore button. I think your question was answered in the qouted post below.

Utah John, please move along.. I think the community has put up with enough.. There is 100's of other coins. Maybe you can find a coin that is more suited towards you.
Best regards,
Brian
USA
yet u sold your cloud shares also so your confidence is also questioning ...
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:33:44 PM

I have been around since april 2014 and I know the history, I have learned to appreciate the ignore button. I think your question was answered in the qouted post below.

Utah John, please move along.. I think the community has put up with enough.. There is 100's of other coins. Maybe you can find a coin that is more suited towards you.
Best regards,
Brian
USA
yet u sold your cloud shares also so your confidence is also questioning ...

The post refers to your misbehavior. Why I sold shares is none of your business, do not ascribe me an opinion I do not have.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 03:35:42 PM

Cryptonit, pls silence utahjohn. He doesn't entertain me at all. If you can make him disappear from this thread, do it.

alex moderate the thread

even if alex is a kind person
there is a point when even he is at the end of his patience

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:18:08 PM

I do not think it's good when the coin has secret passages or holes that allow someone with a special approach REFERENCE earn more income than the other participants.
it should be eliminated or if this method is not a threat it must be made available to each user without the use of knowledge to work from the command line.

In the midst of all of this unnecessary bickering there is a valid point that was made.  I believe the point is there are features of the wallet that are not well documented - or documented at all.  So when people say, "use coin-control" or "manually manage your piles", there may be folks out there who have no idea what you are talking about.  It makes it seem like there are "insiders" who have and hold knowledge of things that others are not privy to.

Where is this functionality documented? Is it posted on the Wallet page of the DMD site so every one who invests in DMDs knows it exists and knows how to use it?  I looked and I don't see it.

Argon18 says its easy and anyone can do it.  I believe you but you have to look at if from the perspective of a person who does not know what you are talking about.  Booting a computer is easy too, unless you have never seen a computer before.  Then its a mystery and that is how we should look at capabilities like this one.

It may be posted on one of the 300 pages of messages in this forum but that's not really a very practical way to provide information about the wallet.

So if we can put down the knives for a few minutes, can someone please explain how coin-control is done and then maybe someone create a Wallet user guide and post it on the DMD website?

Thanks.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:10:45 PM

Press release Community initiative

1N3TNyPUGUtvk6KD3Gy6WdS8e9P6PmYzPg

^^^^^^^ CONTRIBUTE^^^^^^^

Contributors so far:

chilo-0.25

0.25-popshot

cryptonit-0.25

0.25-TheMightyKnight

enigmatic person-0.25

0.232-stoody

Star65-0.10

0.013 per day (mining)-pokeytex

TheMightyKnight

P.S.: If you do not have any BTCs left, you can contribute by auto-sending your mining earnings (like pokeytex did)!

Ok - I checked the payout today and the wallet should have received 0.01353567.  Please confirm it is working.  Thanks - Pokeytex

danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:58:08 PM

People, please. I can only spare few moments recently and come to read pages and pages with rant and FUD about how Diamond will fail next month.

Let me tell you, why this is noise.

1. POW is not going anywhere. Diamond will continue to be an POW/PoS hybrid for many years. Repeat: POW *will* continue to function for Diamond after we reach a million coins. Why someone thinks something else is beyond me. Read the code, if you can't understand the coin spec ;-)

2. I spent quite a lot of time last year to analyse and together with other Diamond team members adjust the PoS mechanics. Unlike other coins that have PoS< Diamond uses more of the technology that is powering this coin production process. I often say that it was my fault to make some running too conservative, but this *only* matters if you want to see results quick, now! -- Diamond is otherwise designed with very long term stability in mind.

3. When you leave a Diamond wallet stacking, it will regulate the coin piles be 20-120 DMD in size (gross estimate). This size guarantees that your wallet will stake frequently enough, not too quickly and not too slow, so you have steady flow of both PoS blocks and reward.

I have not yet implemented automatic coin control. My hope was to do this by autumn last year, but some "real life" issues have kept me away from coding. The design objective is very clear and obvious, it just needs a bit of time. The current automatic coin selection is not optimal, especially in edge cases, such as very different coin pile sizes (but see 3 above). In general, it is advised you keep separate wallets for staking and transactions.

It is irrelevant how big the coin pile is. Reward is always calculated (coins * age * interest) and in the long run you will get essentially the same amounts. You might achieve a bit bigger income by keeping the pile size large, in order to stake more frequently and benefit from the compound interest. But this is true only in theory, because PoS *is* random and the chances to stake an 1000 DMD pile is not so much larger than the chances to stake an 100 DMD pile. Obviously, it *is* noticeably larger than the chances to stake an 1 or 0.1 DMD pile.

Further, the more transactions you do, the more you bloat your wallet (this is another area where new code is needed) and respectively slow down PoS.

My advice is to leave the staking wallet alone. There are other things in life one can spend time, than grouping coin piles with Coin Control. Smiley

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:01:13 PM

People, please. I can only spare few moments recently and come to read pages and pages with rant and FUD about how Diamond will fail next month.

Let me tell you, why this is noise.

1. POW is not going anywhere. Diamond will continue to be an POW/PoS hybrid for many years. Repeat: POW *will* continue to function for Diamond after we reach a million coins. Why someone thinks something else is beyond me. Read the code, if you can't understand the coin spec ;-)

2. I spent quite a lot of time last year to analyse and together with other Diamond team members adjust the PoS mechanics. Unlike other coins that have PoS< Diamond uses more of the technology that is powering this coin production process. I often say that it was my fault to make some running too conservative, but this *only* matters if you want to see results quick, now! -- Diamond is otherwise designed with very long term stability in mind.

3. When you leave a Diamond wallet stacking, it will regulate the coin piles be 20-120 DMD in size (gross estimate). This size guarantees that your wallet will stake frequently enough, not too quickly and not too slow, so you have steady flow of both PoS blocks and reward.

I have not yet implemented automatic coin control. My hope was to do this by autumn last year, but some "real life" issues have kept me away from coding. The design objective is very clear and obvious, it just needs a bit of time. The current automatic coin selection is not optimal, especially in edge cases, such as very different coin pile sizes (but see 3 above). In general, it is advised you keep separate wallets for staking and transactions.

It is irrelevant how big the coin pile is. Reward is always calculated (coins * age * interest) and in the long run you will get essentially the same amounts. You might achieve a bit bigger income by keeping the pile size large, in order to stake more frequently and benefit from the compound interest. But this is true only in theory, because PoS *is* random and the chances to stake an 1000 DMD pile is not so much larger than the chances to stake an 100 DMD pile. Obviously, it *is* noticeably larger than the chances to stake an 1 or 0.1 DMD pile.

Further, the more transactions you do, the more you bloat your wallet (this is another area where new code is needed) and respectively slow down PoS.

My advice is to leave the staking wallet alone. There are other things in life one can spend time, than grouping coin piles with Coin Control. Smiley

+1 big time. Especially the last sentence.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 10:07:47 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 10:57:00 PM by popshot

Cryptonit, pls silence utahjohn. He doesn't entertain me at all. If you can make him disappear from this thread, do it.

alex moderate the thread

I'm not at the end of it yet. Wink

I feel everyone should have a chance to express their opinion, it's good to have 'whistleblowers' within the community, even if thier actions are misguided.. as long as certain level of courtesy and tolerance for each others opinions is maintained it should be allowed.

Did utahjohn cross that point?

I liked his idea about contacting bigvern to create DMD/USD market.. all I can say it's not the right time to do it but the idea is valid.

Argon18 was also right in a way. PoS on its own is rather weak protection, especially for coins with low capitalisation. I have followed closely the development in the thread Aragon18 posted the link to. Yes, the attack is a real threat however to perform it one has to have at least 5% of total coins in existence - right now it's worth of 50k DMD. How likely is that? Beside our PoS with its mechanics (10min per block, long maturity time) makes the whole privatechain building operation a much lengthy process.  
Of course one of the Reactor's tasks was to protect us from exactly that; it wasn't any secret. By the way, thank you everone who contributed coins to the Reactor.

One also has to note that with growth in popularity, Diamond will experience network effect, where more people run nodes which stake, the price would rise and other value added goodies would be introduced .. all of that WILL make us more secure when it comes to PoS. However, we are looking into other ways of securing the network and explore suggestions made by community members.

All in all, we are aware of the situation and are preparing to mitigate the risks.

utahjohn

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:33:13 PM

alex moderate the thread

I'm not at the end of it yet. Wink

I feel everyone should have a chance to express their opinion, it's good to have 'whistleblowers' within the community, even if thier actions are misguided.. as long as certain level of courtesy and tolerance for each others opinions is maintained it should be allowed.

Did utahjohn cross that point?

I liked his idea about contacting bigvern to create DMD/USD market.. all I can say it's not the right time to do it but the idea is valid.

Argon18 was also right in a way. PoS on it's own is a rather weak protection, especially for coins with low capitalisation. I have followed closely the development in the thread Aragon18 posted a link to. Yes, the attack is a real threat however to perform it one has to have at least 5% of total coins in existence - right now it's worth of 50k DMD. How likely is that? Beside our PoS with its mechanics (10min per block, long maturity time) makes the whole privatechain building operation a much lengthy process.  
Of course one of the Reactor's tasks was to protect us from exactly that; it wasn't any secret. By the way, thank you everone who contributed coins to the Reactor.

One also has to note that with growth in popularity, Diamond will experience network effect, where more people run nodes which stake, the price would rise and other value added goodies would be introduced .. all of that WILL make us more secure when it comes just to PoS. However, we are looking into other ways of securing the network and explore suggestions made by community members.

All in all, we are aware of the situation and are preparing to mitigate the risks.

Thank you popshot for having the big picture in mind.  I do run 24/7 node staking and mining is only secondary to me now that difficulty is so high.  Can't remember who said that I run donkeypool, I do NOT I am just consultant.  davembg is pool op.  
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 01:09:59 AM

Ok - I checked the payout today and the wallet should have received 0.01353567.  Please confirm it is working.  Thanks - Pokeytex

All good Smiley
                 https://blockchain.info/address/1N3TNyPUGUtvk6KD3Gy6WdS8e9P6PmYzPg
 Thank you!

stoody

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:20:16 AM

+1 big time. Especially the last sentence.

amen
yep +1
Alisher

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:52:11 AM

Thank you all for your answers guys.
Did not expect that a simple question cause a wave of discussion and debate  Smiley It turns out that this coin has users who can earn extra income.
I see this coin a strong team and a lot of plans for the future. I like this  Smiley Maybe I'll buy myself a little diamonds or do it after the implementation of V 3.0
Argon18

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:54:46 AM

Coin Control is not Magic, copied this from someone's else post on BTCTALK of another POS coin

Reasons to use Coin Control
You can make it stake Faster by combining your Blocks into 1 , increasing that's Block's Weight.
If you are sending out coins to an exchange , you can choose blocks that are newer so you don’t send blocks that are about to stake and earn interest.

How to Enable Coin Control
In the wallet client, go to settings and then select options. Click on the tab that says Display. Check the box that says Display coin control features. Press OK.

If you are sending out coins to an exchange , you can choose blocks that are newer so you don’t send blocks that are about to stake and earn interest.
Click Send Coins , then under Coin Control Features , click inputs ,
click the arrow on the left side , this expands everything so you can see all of the blocks in an address,
Then click on the confirmations tab, this will sort the blocks by # of confirmations.
Place a check mark in the box to the left , this selects those blocks to be combined.
Only select the blocks with the lowest confirmations, as they have recently minted, and you will not lose much staking time by choosing them.
Click OK

If you are sending the coins out to an exchange, just put in the exchange Diamonds address and enter the amount  into the amount of Diamonds you want to send, click send.
(If Diamond charges a send fee , be sure to subtract it from the entered amount)

You can make it stake Faster by combining your Blocks into 1 .
If you are combining your blocks, then click Receive Coins tab, right click on your Diamonds Receive Address and Copy Address, click on Send Coins, paste your Diamonds receive address into Pay to:
Enter the amount  into the amount of Diamonds you want to send,
Click Send.
(If Diamond charges a send fee , be sure to subtract it from the entered amount)

Why this Simple Feature is being Guarded like a National Secret is silly at best.

Use it or Ignore it , up to You.

Don't Say i Never Gave you Nuthin,

Argon18 is Outta Here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
utahjohn

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:09:59 AM

Argon18 was also right in a way. PoS on it's own is a rather weak protection, especially for coins with low capitalisation. I have followed closely the development in the thread Aragon18 posted a link to. Yes, the attack is a real threat however to perform it one has to have at least 5% of total coins in existence - right now it's worth of 50k DMD. How likely is that? Beside our PoS with its mechanics (10min per block, long maturity time) makes the whole privatechain building operation a much lengthy process.  
It is indeed a threat, a collective such as Anonymous could probably break the private key to Reactor wallet with massive hashrate and the big bonus of over 70K DMD would be theirs to do what they wish with ... target with a good bounty ...

Taking mask off to resume normal life ....  Roll Eyes
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 10:52:29 AM

a collective such as Anonymous could probably break the private key to Reactor wallet with massive hashrate

lol what u say is total out of context

u say a gigantic computing power could maybe crack a private key of a cryptocoin address

which is the worst case szenario for all cryptocoins based on bitcoins code once this can be done the whole business is basical dead

this is a threat for all coins and all addresses

why u think reactor would be a nr1 target for such a attack?

how u can point risc that is existing for all bitcoinbased coin addresses (crack the secret key (private))

state as a reactor security risc?

if i would be able run such a attack i would select a target that make it worth to crack it
here u can seek targets for ur attack
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

once reactor is valuable enought to be a target u can be sure we split its amount to 20 different wallets

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
utahjohn

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:05:04 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 11:46:48 AM by utahjohn

I suggest this be done now to protect invest of a lot of coins.  U do not know the power of Anonymous Smiley
Reactor is indeed a good target as popshot pointed out with 70K+ and only 50K needed for doublespend attack.
U Effin read me wrong, I am all for security of DMD but I will not risk my investment and time in something I do not feel is secure.
BTW risc = reduced instruction set computer.  Please learn english.
utahjohn

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:09:22 PM

I do not think it's good when the coin has secret passages or holes that allow someone with a special approach REFERENCE earn more income than the other participants.
it should be eliminated or if this method is not a threat it must be made available to each user without the use of knowledge to work from the command line.

In the midst of all of this unnecessary bickering there is a valid point that was made.  I believe the point is there are features of the wallet that are not well documented - or documented at all.  So when people say, "use coin-control" or "manually manage your piles", there may be folks out there who have no idea what you are talking about.  It makes it seem like there are "insiders" who have and hold knowledge of things that others are not privy to.

Where is this functionality documented? Is it posted on the Wallet page of the DMD site so every one who invests in DMDs knows it exists and knows how to use it?  I looked and I don't see it.

Argon18 says its easy and anyone can do it.  I believe you but you have to look at if from the perspective of a person who does not know what you are talking about.  Booting a computer is easy too, unless you have never seen a computer before.  Then its a mystery and that is how we should look at capabilities like this one.

It may be posted on one of the 300 pages of messages in this forum but that's not really a very practical way to provide information about the wallet.

So if we can put down the knives for a few minutes, can someone please explain how coin-control is done and then maybe someone create a Wallet user guide and post it on the DMD website?

Thanks.
Argon18 quite nicely posted un-published documentation for coin-control Smiley Thanks.
I figured it out on my own but now is public knowledge.  Use this with wisdom Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: