Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 03:33:46 AM

Here is what was brought up today and has been running for a few hours.  I'll keep posting on a daily basis to hopefully convince AMT to pay their bill to IMET so I can show them what to do to make things right or at least point everyone in the right direction.  Again, there is nothing wrong with the PCBs or PCB assembly.  We did not make any mods to the boards.      

IMET, that is really very interesting (and troubling).  Can you give some evidence that the boards work for an extended period of time?  I think others have seen the boards work for a few days and then die so showing it working at one moment in time is interesting but not dispositive...

I'm working on it.  We have been bringing boards and systems up and down from the pile that AMT left to see if there is anything that can be done to recoup our loss from the bounced check.  I'm committed to keeping this one up for the long term and I'm confident that it will run based on the time I have spent with this hardware.  I am not an expert on these types of systems, but I am an experienced EE.  Hardware is what I do.  Software/firmware is another story hence I don't understand the date discrepancy.  I also hope that AMT comes around and pays their bill so they can learn of the work that I have done on my own time/dime to try to make something good happen.

Here is what I suggest you do for proof:

- Mine into a BTC address using a pool that allows you to mine directly to a BTC address (like Eligius, but there are others)
- Shoot a video of your working miner using that address (show a newspaper in the video to prove the current date)

We (including AMT) can all then monitor the miner live and confirm its history.

FYI, my guess is that your rPi controller has an incorrect date.  You can easily fix that with the "date" command as follows:

Code:
sudo date -s "3 Jun 2014 20:03:00 CST" 

OR, run raspi-config and setup all options:

Code:
sudo raspi-config
Internationalization options
Change Time Zone
Select geographical area
Select city or region.
Reboot

Thanks for this info.  I'll do what you suggest.

IMET, Joshua Zipkin is on record in stating that he shipped out 100s of 1.2 TH/s miners. Can you shed some light on that subject?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2603

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:01:34 AM

Once again, more Graduates from the Underpants Gnomes School of Business. To succeed follow thusly:

1) Steal Underpants (or other Great Idea)
2) ? ? ?
3) Profit!!!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:44:27 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 10:58:38 AM by FrictionlessCoin

Here is what was brought up today and has been running for a few hours.  I'll keep posting on a daily basis to hopefully convince AMT to pay their bill to IMET so I can show them what to do to make things right or at least point everyone in the right direction.  Again, there is nothing wrong with the PCBs or PCB assembly.  We did not make any mods to the boards.      

Date shows 2/23/2014  That is February.  Is this an old photo.   So the system was working back in February?

Yes, the date is off, however the diff looks correct.  

I am utterly surprised and dumfounded here to see this hashing on 5 boards without any problems!  Could the problems be as basic as AMT not applying enough or correct thermal paste?

I thought AMT was using IMET for their assembly of their miners.  They certainly did not do assembly from their small office in Haverford.

IMET, when did AMT stop payment and therefore stop assembling miners?

Also,  AMT claims to be working with another contract manufacturer 30 miles away (PTC?) with a different board design.  There certainly are a lot of unwanted parts that IMET has manufactured that may be valuable to AMT customers who have been left without any technical support.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:02:28 AM

I am looking at this photo and I am wondering. What is the top most heatsink for?  It does not appear to be mounted on any board.

In fact, how are these boards even held together,  I don't see a frame.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
IMET

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:05:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/CKqJU1u.jpg

Date shows 2/23/2014  That is February.  Is this an old photo.   So the system was working back in February?

I am utterly surprised and dumfounded here to see this hashing on 5 boards without any problems!  Could the problems be as basic as AMT not applying enough or correct thermal paste?

I thought AMT was using IMET for their assembly of their miners.  They certainly did not do assembly from their small office in Haverford.

Also,  AMT claims to be working with another contract manufacturer 30 miles away (PTC?) with a different board design.  There certainly are a lot of unwanted parts that IMET has manufactured that may be valuable to AMT customers who have been left without any technical support.

IMET only built PCBs.  That is it, nothing more.  AMT did mechanical assembly and was responsible for everything else besides PCBs.  The check was dated 4/18/14 and from what I understand from our bank, the AMT account was closed a while before.  AMT did a good job of taking stuff out of my shop before the check problem and I have not seen Josh since; therefore, I can only assume that he knew what he was doing there.  I am sure that AMT does have a lot of stuff that could be useful to its customers based on what I have been able to do with the stuff he left here.  The smashed units that I saw on this forum are utterly disturbing, and I have no idea how many he sent out.  I have made the following public offering to AMT, but I believe AMT does not believe that I have done anything and I am bluffing.  We/I do not work that way.  Take a look at our name on the Internet.  In fact, we were just named "Manufacturer of the Year" by the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.  IMET put a lot into this project, so we also want to get what we deserve from AMT.  If AMT pays the remainder of their bill for services rendered, I'd be willing to give up what I know and hence help AMT customers as well.  I have reached out to AMT and did get a response but it has been quiet for the last day.  Maybe, the customers can push AMT to help my cause and theirs.  At this point, I have put a lot into this on my own time/dime to try to make something positive happen.  I do not know about the other CM but from pictures, it appears that AMT is taking A1 chips off of boards that IMET built.  Based on the TV in the background, no static jacket (ground strap?), and the hot air gun and hot plate, I am assuming that this is not being done at a CM.  AMT is actually compromising the A1 chips using this method of removal.  Temperature cannot be accurately controlled on such a setup.  We have a $50k machine here that removes parts in a controlled and repeatable process.  I reached out to him about this as well because the picture is concerning from a manufacturing point of view.         
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:48:52 PM

Thanks for that IMET, it is interesting to hear your side of the story. Until now we have only heard one side.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
IMET

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:01:43 PM

Thanks for that IMET, it is interesting to hear your side of the story. Until now we have only heard one side.

No problem.  Never in my life have I seen anything quite like this.   
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:37:21 PM

WOW.
Up until now all this could have been chalked up to gross incompetence, which I'm pretty sure is not a crime. But knowingly passing bad checks will land a person in jail.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:26:37 PM

IMET only built PCBs.  That is it, nothing more.  AMT did mechanical assembly and was responsible for everything else besides PCBs.  The check was dated 4/18/14 and from what I understand from our bank, the AMT account was closed a while before.  AMT did a good job of taking stuff out of my shop before the check problem and I have not seen Josh since; therefore, I can only assume that he knew what he was doing there.  I am sure that AMT does have a lot of stuff that could be useful to its customers based on what I have been able to do with the stuff he left here.  The smashed units that I saw on this forum are utterly disturbing, and I have no idea how many he sent out.  I have made the following public offering to AMT, but I believe AMT does not believe that I have done anything and I am bluffing.  We/I do not work that way.  Take a look at our name on the Internet.  In fact, we were just named "Manufacturer of the Year" by the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.  IMET put a lot into this project, so we also want to get what we deserve from AMT.  If AMT pays the remainder of their bill for services rendered, I'd be willing to give up what I know and hence help AMT customers as well.  I have reached out to AMT and did get a response but it has been quiet for the last day.  Maybe, the customers can push AMT to help my cause and theirs.  At this point, I have put a lot into this on my own time/dime to try to make something positive happen.  I do not know about the other CM but from pictures, it appears that AMT is taking A1 chips off of boards that IMET built.  Based on the TV in the background, no static jacket (ground strap?), and the hot air gun and hot plate, I am assuming that this is not being done at a CM.  AMT is actually compromising the A1 chips using this method of removal.  Temperature cannot be accurately controlled on such a setup.  We have a $50k machine here that removes parts in a controlled and repeatable process.  I reached out to him about this as well because the picture is concerning from a manufacturing point of view.         

So he paid his manufacturer with a check from an a bank account that had been previously closed?   

I do wonder how many boards he was able to receive?

So on 4/18/2014, did AMT have enough boards to deliver to customers before they unilaterally "cancelled" their contract?

Were they not at that time obligated to deliver to customers?

When did AMT sign a contract with Technobit to create a new design?  Was this at least a month later?

So in short, AMT had no manufacturer for at least a month and did not notify customers of the complete inability to deliver promised products?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:01:41 PM

Really Tom?

because just the other day you wrote that it was imet that handled mechanical through testing and mounting the boards on the heatsinks.

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/official-amt-users-thread.304862/page-7

See Tom, removing posts isn't something these guys don't allow. 

AMT...  I don't recall saying that IMET handled mounting boards on heat sinks.

It explicitly says: "AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC. "

Also,  apparently AMT is trying its best to distort history by finally posting some news in the past:  https://advancedminers.com/category/amt-news/  that was not there previously

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:10:17 PM

Where is the post that is quoted by AMT? A bit confused here.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:16:09 PM

Here is the quote:

IMET is a reputable contract manufacturing and product development company that has been in business for 14 years.  Our reputation is utmost important, so we wanted to address the negative allegations presented by AMT and Josh Zipkin. 

IMET was contracted to build Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for AMT miners in February of 2014.  The Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) were built to print from various design revisions that were supplied by AMT through Bitmine.  IMET did supply the parts and any part substitutions/placement changes were approved in advance by Bitmine and/or AMT.  IMET does not buy parts from the gray market.  Per our ISO-9000 requirements, we only purchase parts from approved vendors.

After thorough inspection including AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), the PCBs were delivered to AMT.  Prior to delivery, IMET did verify that the individual PCBs would hash at approximately 200gh/s.  The only discrepancy seen was when there were bad cores in an A1 chip.  In this case, the hash rate was lower depending on the number of working cores.   

AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC.  The IMET engineering team can confirm that the boards (hash, main, and backplane) worked fine as delivered prior to processing by AMT.

IMET is very competitive in our industry and the prices we charged AMT were fair and reasonable for the work that we did.  Some engineering time was gratis to help keep things moving.  During our last meeting, Josh/AMT wrote a check for services rendered but the bank account had inadequate funds. 

The material that was still left in the shop is being held as collateral until final payment is made.  In the meantime, the IMET engineering team used new boards that were never in AMT’s possession to build up working miners.  The problem is not in the electronics hardware; however, there are opportunities for the PCBs to be optimized.  IMET will give the manufacturing plans to AMT after payment in full for previous and current services rendered.       

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:22:10 PM

Here is the quote:

IMET is a reputable contract manufacturing and product development company that has been in business for 14 years.  Our reputation is utmost important, so we wanted to address the negative allegations presented by AMT and Josh Zipkin. 

IMET was contracted to build Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for AMT miners in February of 2014.  The Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) were built to print from various design revisions that were supplied by AMT through Bitmine.  IMET did supply the parts and any part substitutions/placement changes were approved in advance by Bitmine and/or AMT.  IMET does not buy parts from the gray market.  Per our ISO-9000 requirements, we only purchase parts from approved vendors.

After thorough inspection including AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), the PCBs were delivered to AMT.  Prior to delivery, IMET did verify that the individual PCBs would hash at approximately 200gh/s.  The only discrepancy seen was when there were bad cores in an A1 chip.  In this case, the hash rate was lower depending on the number of working cores.   

AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC.  The IMET engineering team can confirm that the boards (hash, main, and backplane) worked fine as delivered prior to processing by AMT.

IMET is very competitive in our industry and the prices we charged AMT were fair and reasonable for the work that we did.  Some engineering time was gratis to help keep things moving.  During our last meeting, Josh/AMT wrote a check for services rendered but the bank account had inadequate funds. 

The material that was still left in the shop is being held as collateral until final payment is made.  In the meantime, the IMET engineering team used new boards that were never in AMT’s possession to build up working miners.  The problem is not in the electronics hardware; however, there are opportunities for the PCBs to be optimized.  IMET will give the manufacturing plans to AMT after payment in full for previous and current services rendered.       

I meant AMT's comment. I dont see it. Must have been removed. I agree though. IMET never said that.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:27:16 PM

I meant AMT's comment. I dont see it. Must have been removed. I agree though. IMET never said that.

AMT is going to take any opportunity to discredit everyone associated with this.   They are trying to discredit IMET because their case rests on the argument that IMET did a terrible job.

However, AMT does not have a case because they need to prove that they made every effort to ensure delivery of products.   How is sending a "bouncing check" to your contract manufacturer a step in that direction?

Now we have evidence that AMT is pulling out parts from non-working boards using a hot air soldering gun!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:31:37 PM

AMT deleted their own post. Josh realized he was about to be caught in yet another lie. It's a hell of a web he has woven for himself.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:34:13 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 07:59:29 PM by FrictionlessCoin

AMT deleted their own post. Josh realized he was about to be caught in yet another lie. It's a hell of a web he has woven for himself.

He probably read the IMET post wrong and then was going to exploit the possible mistake by claiming that IMET lied.

Anyway, here is a posting from AMT's website:  https://advancedminers.com/amt-starts-production-1-2th-miners/

AMT has chosen IMET Technologies, a quick turn product manufacturer and PCB ( printed circuit board ) assembly factory located in Southampton, PA. Tom Krol, CEO of IMET, already had an existing interest in bitcoin mining  prior to meeting our company. He noted that this will be a an adventure into a world where PCB assembly services  meets and prosperous industries via a new technology and is confident that his company will get the job done. We believe based on IMET’s enthusiasm, great reputation and general interested in bitcoin mining and our industry,  that IMET is the right company to partner with for the production of our 520 and 1.2Th’s miner. PCB Designs and production files for our miners will be sent from our swiss partners Bitmine.ch (creator of the A1 28nm chip) and IMET will provide AMT with a  full service product manufacturing fascility, allowing our company to grow and prosper using American manfuacturers. We believe that IMET’s experience and know how, is a surety for our AMT’s success.

Note: spelling errors in the posting were not mine.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:38:50 PM

Well the 10th is coming pretty quick. Obviously the legal team will have all this info and will know how to proceed with it. The discrediting thing is not going to work anyway. Least hearing both sides we get to figure out what the deal is. I checked out their awards claims and those are valid. Obviously you don't get awards like that without doing something right. And they clearly are demonstrating that.

All said and done I am personally interested in the facts wherever that takes me. I think its safe to say we all want the facts. As much as things are what they are the part that sucks here is that we are waiting for hardware and compensation that may or may not fully come. Hopefully the court situation and discovery process enlightens the truth of the matter.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:38:35 PM

Why do you guys worry so much? You will ROI anyway, no matter how late they ship. They guarantee it:

That’s why we guarantee enough hashing power to meet ROI and then some, when mining SHA-256 coin. If the networks increases to a point where your investment in our technology is no longer profitable, AMT will upgrade your Miner to the next level Miner absolutely free. We want our clientele to succeed and prosper together with.

Miner protection is automatically applied to all purchases from AMT and is valid from the date 09/26/2013.

https://advancedminers.com/miner-protection-plan/

Dont forget to screenshot/save that page, may come in handy.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:44:09 PM

Why do you guys worry so much? You will ROI anyway, no matter how late they ship. They guarantee it:

That’s why we guarantee enough hashing power to meet ROI and then some, when mining SHA-256 coin. If the networks increases to a point where your investment in our technology is no longer profitable, AMT will upgrade your Miner to the next level Miner absolutely free. We want our clientele to succeed and prosper together with.

Miner protection is automatically applied to all purchases from AMT and is valid from the date 09/26/2013.

Honestly, the presence of this MPP with words like Return Of Investment could lead to the involvement of the SEC.

The SEC already got involved with Virtual Mining Corp ( a Bitcoin miner ) http://www.coindesk.com/missouri-secretary-state-halts-mining-business-deceptive-tactics/ 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:54:45 PM

Honestly, the presence of this MPP with words like Return Of Investment could lead to the involvement of the SEC.

The SEC already got involved with Virtual Mining Corp ( a Bitcoin miner ) http://www.coindesk.com/missouri-secretary-state-halts-mining-business-deceptive-tactics/ 

Right the precedent has been set... And this could lead to more of those kinds of interventions.  Would effectively end the preorder market from a legal standpoint good news IMO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: