Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:12:51 PM

I see he locked the other thread. Good riddance, I hope Joshua Zipkin stays off this forum forever.

From day one he's been bad mouthing Bitcointalk, yet the whole time he's been trying to make sales on here. He's also been saying he'd launch his own forum for almost a year now. The guy is just completely full of shit, in every aspect.

He had to prune the hell out of that thread before locking it forever. This guy is a real piece of work and deserves to be in jail.

I think he'll try to disappear at this point, without fulfilling orders or submitting refunds. I'm sure in his head, he thinks this will all just eventually  'go away',  then he'll be back to his old games of conning the next poor bastard out of hard earned money.

This is why he should be prosecuted to the extent of the law (wire fraud).
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:31:37 PM

UPDATE: As soon as I posted this, AMT AKA Advanced Miners suddenly emailed me. Oh not to help me, but with a threat that I would not get a refund for speaking out against them! Nice guys!

Post that email here. Might as well consolidate all the evidence against this dickhead.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:38:16 PM

UPDATE: As soon as I posted this, AMT AKA Advanced Miners suddenly emailed me. Oh not to help me, but with a threat that I would not get a refund for speaking out against them! Nice guys!

Post that email here. Might as well consolidate all the evidence against this dickhead.

He is apparently in Bulgaria again as well. As soon as PG put up the http://amtminers.wordpress.com site, there were 2 hits from Bulgaria and a some from the US. 

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:55:19 PM

I see he locked the other thread. Good riddance, I hope Joshua Zipkin stays off this forum forever.

From day one he's been bad mouthing Bitcointalk, yet the whole time he's been trying to make sales on here. He's also been saying he'd launch his own forum for almost a year now. The guy is just completely full of shit, in every aspect.

He had to prune the hell out of that thread before locking it forever. This guy is a real piece of work and deserves to be in jail.

I think he'll try to disappear at this point, without fulfilling orders or submitting refunds. I'm sure in his head, he thinks this will all just eventually  'go away',  then he'll be back to his old games of conning the next poor bastard out of hard earned money.

Even with all that. Until he refunds people without any catch (like be nice to me or I won't refund you, or do what I say or I won't refund you), his leaving the forums will have no bearing. This info will get out there and its getting attention in the bitcoin news world. So he won't last long. He will attempt to start front companies. This is where he is going to have issues. A warning to anyone who does business with Joshua Zipkin:

We will treat you as if you are AMT if you decide to partner with AMT (Bitmine.ch being one of those known yet similarly troubled partners). If you are with them, you are against the bitcoin mining community and will be treated as an enemy of the bitcoin community. This is a call to action to improve the network for EVERYONE'S profit and benefit and not a few who choose to prey on the less knowledgeable.

clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:36:04 PM

I think he'll try to disappear at this point, without fulfilling orders or submitting refunds. I'm sure in his head, he thinks this will all just eventually  'go away',  then he'll be back to his old games of conning the next poor bastard out of hard earned money.

Even with all that. Until he refunds people without any catch (like be nice to me or I won't refund you, or do what I say or I won't refund you), his leaving the forums will have no bearing. This info will get out there and its getting attention in the bitcoin news world. So he won't last long. He will attempt to start front companies. This is where he is going to have issues. A warning to anyone who does business with Joshua Zipkin:

We will treat you as if you are AMT if you decide to partner with AMT (Bitmine.ch being one of those known yet similarly troubled partners). If you are with them, you are against the bitcoin mining community and will be treated as an enemy of the bitcoin community. This is a call to action to improve the network for EVERYONE'S profit and benefit and not a few who choose to prey on the less knowledgeable.

second that... and FUCK YOU ZIPKIN

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:16:27 PM

Thanks I will investigate. For the record AMT have confirmed they have the source code and sent me  tarball which I have not yet investigated, but they also say they will post a git tree with their source, so it appears my gripe there is over.

How about that source tree? The customers that received the miners deserve a copy of the source code too.

Buy & Hold
opieum2

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:16:52 AM

As all have seen in the other thread, he has further gone down and decided to post my personal information as retaliation for exposing him. In this case however he falsely (would not be Joshua Zipkin if it did not have some false in it) claims I work with High level elements of the government which implies classified work. As such I have reported the matter to the FBI to address. Painting a target like that on my back and more importantly on my family's, I am making sure he does not do this to anyone else by using the system that was created to stop these types of people from destroying other's lives. He has already made death threats, insulted our nations veterans in his actions, and last but not least, stolen alot of people's money and given them next to useless crap in return.

His own actions and words have led to all this. The sad fact is I said nothing that could not be backed up by Joshua Zipkins own words. Anything that was opinion I stated as such. Considering that Charlie Shrem was convicted for alot less, I think this one will be an easy one as there are plenty of real world links that put Joshua Zipkin as AMT_miners and the other sock puppets. Not to mention a variety of emails and other chats that I have not put out there. The FBI will have ALL of it in their possession.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 01:42:14 AM

Thanks I will investigate. For the record AMT have confirmed they have the source code and sent me  tarball which I have not yet investigated, but they also say they will post a git tree with their source, so it appears my gripe there is over.

How about that source tree? The customers that received the miners deserve a copy of the source code too.
There was no source code in the download he gave me, nor have they put up a git tree as far as I'm aware. So they are still in violation of the license.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:28:36 AM

There was no source code in the download he gave me, nor have they put up a git tree as far as I'm aware. So they are still in violation of the license.

I assure you Joshua Zipkin is Googling 'git tree' to see what you mean as soon as he figures out Ask Jeeves is no longer available.
opieum2

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:26:36 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 09:39:55 PM by opieum2

For anyone with issues and who felt they have been defrauded by Joshua Zipkin please send me a PM with the details of your situation (no personal information required) just the order number and the amount. If you have been in other ways defrauded or somehow illegally acted upon by him feel free to also put that information in the PM. I will reply with the information you will require to make sure action can be taken. If you are international, this matter can still apply you as well.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:53:58 PM

Leaked: Mother of all the FedEx drivers that tried delivering AMT miners to their customers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1kmfLmGRA  Grin <enjoy>
YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:22:55 AM

The AMT website is now down.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:53:44 AM

This is so sad, I think I'll start a charity: feedthezipkins.org.
opieum2

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:37:22 PM

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE who has been jerked around by Joshua Zipkin aka AMT_Miners should be giving him a negative trust rating on here. Due to two ways he has screwed me over I gave him two. First by scamming on compensation (or refund), and then outing my private info to the internet. I recommend EVERYONE who has been screwed by him give him a negative trust rating. This is what this feature is there for.

opieum2

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:58:00 PM

It is actually redirecting to amtminers.com but to nothing functional. Considering how much the current site is associated with scams and all sorts of other actions. It changes nothing. As long as people are aware of AMTminers.com aka AMT_Miners aka Joshua Zipkin, being all one and the same, he will always be associated with this no matter what company he starts up.

Also if you have had that bad experience with him. negative trust will go a long way to making sure he can't screw others. Obviously he will con others not aware of this forum. But a google search will enlighten them.

opieum2

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:31:37 PM

Maybe we should post a bounty for proof on his illicit activities that lead to an actual arrest. Might motivate more people to actually do something. I personally don't care for the money (as I have posted some proof myself). But it might be good to get the community behind starting to actually catch these people in particular Joshua Zipkin aka AMT_miners.

http://www.bitcoinbountyhunter.com/index.html

I am personally certain that he has mined with our hardware prior to shipping it. Its obvious actually. I am already forensically checking one of the miners SDcards for historical data on how long and how much was mined.

Already some people confirmed it. The miners arrived with the username kusmet pointed at f2pool. All the user info is still in there.

Besides that, we need to track down how many orders (beyond what has been reported) actually is out there. It would be useful information to establish his actual culpability in fraud on a few areas. Since he won't work towards making any of this right then the only option is to put him in jail, and seize what he has to compensate those he robbed. And the system is lax in working to address it, so its critical EVERYONE speaks up against him. Enough people complain to law enforcement, action WILL be taken. Anyone who knows someone who has been screwed by him please work at this. If you need help in knowing WHO to contact please let me know. I am working with law enforcement, but it requires more people to speak up. And we know the people are out there but seem to be reluctant to speak up. You are doing yourselves no favors keeping silent. This will not affect any ongoing legal plans. He has acted criminally as well as violated a bunch of civil laws. If you have ongoing legal plans still please reach out.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:55:07 PM

Finally have been able to fire up the machine AMT sent. It powers up, fans blow, lights turn on BUT it does not connect to the internet. On the raspi controller, the power light is on but no network light.

I've tried putting the SD card into a known work raspi but same thing, power on, no network.

I've also tried to plug into a HDMI monitor but no HDMI signal.

any suggestions?
opieum2

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:02:47 PM

The IP is listed on the SDcard or written on a piece of tape on the machine. That should be how you connect to it. It is not automatic.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

The IP is listed on the SDcard or written on a piece of tape on the machine. That should be how you connect to it. It is not automatic.

Thank you so much for the help.

There is a 188 on the card. I've tried a direct connect, laptop ethernet to miner ( as I do with my antminers ) as well as using angry ip to scan the network. Nothing.

The light on the router does not show anything plugged into the port.
opieum2

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

Hmm check that the connection to the PI is also secure. It should be 192.168.0.188 or 192.168.1.188. Consider it a unique branding of your miner as Joshua Zipkin stupidly had them configured with unique IPs, which indicates STRONGLY that he mined with this hardware before shipping it as each machine has a unique configuration vs a standard one with a test pool. Instead it was mining at f2pool with the user kusmet which is bulgarian for luck.

But at any rate one of those two IPs mentioned will get you up and running.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: