Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:49:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

In my FTC report I let them know I am a US Veteran. After the leaving the military, I worked for the Department of Defense as a computer contractor for the US Navy as well.  

Also, I am a licensed commodities broker and they should have asked for permission with my compliance officer (lawyer) before using my name on the public forums without permission. I have 2 degrees in Computer related fields and many certifications A+, Microsoft Engineer and Cisco Engineer, and have also worked as a computer engineer and electronics engineer for many years.  I am now a Director of Technology, but I still do hands on work as well. I am willing to testify as an expert in financial matters of bitcoin if needed.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

My Story:

In Feb 14th I paid $11,198 for 2x 1.2 miners. I was assured various times that it had a 3 week turn around. Meanwhile AMT was experiencing various technical issues (which were later validated with the IMET situation), but was lying to me and everyone about the orders being shipped out. I had pestered them to the point that I got what I was assured was a working miner from Joshua Zipkin. I met him in person in Haverford area at the Americana Pub, instead of his office as originally agreed and 6 hours late I was there at 4 as agreed he met me at 10PM to pick up said miner. I powered the miner up and within minutes miner 1 is pretty much dead. All 5 cards burned out. So obviously no testing was done there. I had to also provide my own PSU which was not what I agreed to. The second miner worked and over the next couple of weeks the cards systematically died to the point where there was one working card that also gave out a couple weeks later. I had two giant scraps of metal.

I tried figuring out a way to work this situation to work with AMT to see if there were technical issues that could be resolved on the software side. I and a couple of other people worked towards this end and also to make it so that Joshua Zipkin could honor the Miner Protection Program compensation they have prominently advertised that hooked most of us into buying from them (it has since been eradicated from their site but 3rd party web archives clearly state its content and it can be referenced). After much discussions in a group chat, Josh kept making excuses as to why the MPP was not going to happen. Eventually saying "fuck the MPP" It was around this point that I decided he had NO intention of making any of this right with us. His constant disparaging of customers and threats and unethical behavior (including trying to get me to hack BCT), led me to believe that he has no interest in making things right. I was not the only one of this mindset. I gathered information and quietly waited for the chance to give this info over.

Joshua Zipkin spent around 3 months in China getting working miners made (Dragon miners a he referred to them) made as cheap as possible to ship to us. As there was no value compensation, this was a problem. He was attempting to rewrite history and pretend there was no MPP a fact I strongly disagreed with. When the orders started going out in late august (even though he claimed they went out in July which was utterly false), I was not one of the names on the list to receive a miner as he was unable to produce a DHL tracking order for me. Because I vocally protested, he rerouted someone else's refused order (for which I have shown the proof of in my review thread for this hardware), to me which was geographically close.

At the same time someone had also leaked the group chats that I was apart of. At which point Joshua Zipkin chose to deny they happened. I decided to validate them (and they have been backed up by others as well who were participants). Joshua Zipkin in retaliation for standing against him posted my personal information, name and address as well as job history with the false statement that I did "High level" work for the government effectively painting a target on mine and my families backs. I have since reported this information to the FBI as well as the fraud.  

The 2 miners I received as I have seen do not work as advertised hashing at under 800-900Ghs despite the web interface constantly showing 1.27Ths, and are poorly supported by the company. In fact they got so fed up with their customers they actually announced that I should be supporting their hardware. I do it for my fellow customers the best I can with no compensation at any time from AMT or Joshua Zipkin (which I should and can be suing them for as it is as it is their legal obligation to support their product not mine).

Again please tell your story and post it here so it is seen by the press and civil/law enforcement. They are watching these threads in order to take action.

My background includes IT Forensics, IT Security (with various compliance standards like HIPPA, SOX, PCI, etc) in the banking industry as well as IT Systems Architect most in the role of a consultant. I have extensive knowledge of the ASIC hardware and the encryption. I hold 1 computer degree and various certifications as well. My wife who is my business partner here, is a veteran who in this situation would also have been the victim as we were both victimized in this predatory scam of Joshua Zipkins.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

I powered the miner up and within minutes miner 1 is pretty much dead. All 5 cards burned out. So obviously no testing was done there. I had to also provide my own PSU which was not what I agreed to. The second miner worked and over the next couple of weeks the cards systematically died to the point where there was one working card that also gave out a couple weeks later. I had two giant scraps of metal. 

Aha, so "obviously" it was your fault that the cards burned out.  Tongue

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:36:05 PM

torrent link for AMT image. I am seeding it. It has a default IP of 192.168.0.245 OR 192.168.1.245 Either way its def one of those IPs. This is the original shipping image with the ONLY modification being the IP.

http://goo.gl/L5DT1B

Thanks, I will give this a try.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:38:32 PM

I powered the miner up and within minutes miner 1 is pretty much dead. All 5 cards burned out. So obviously no testing was done there. I had to also provide my own PSU which was not what I agreed to. The second miner worked and over the next couple of weeks the cards systematically died to the point where there was one working card that also gave out a couple weeks later. I had two giant scraps of metal. 

LOL I think the warranty was voided as soon as he touched it

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
mrpark

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:41:58 PM

actually, the warranty is not voided because we were told by the manufacture (AMT) to install the power supplies ourselves. I specifically asked this question to AMT, and they stated that it would not void the warranty if we did so. I think a few of us got the "Naughty List" AKA "defective" machines..

opieum2

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

LOL I think the warranty was voided as soon as he touched it

Fact is the written purchase arrangement involved getting a complete miner 3 weeks after payment. At that point if that was not fulfilled, they violated all contracts. It was a total bait and switch. And he conned people into taking less for expediency purposes which actually did not work either. So looking at the miner was enough to void the warranty. It ultimately changes nothing though. There are plenty of things that show Joshua Zipkin acted deliberately to deceive us. And I expect it will be heading towards criminal charges soon enough.

mrpark

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

What's ironic is they collected all this money from customers, and then spent it on going after institutional investors. They say they "can't afford" to give us refunds, simultaneously expanding the business into new areas. How is it they could not afford to give us back our money, but the could afford to do all these other things? Cloud mining, Litecoin miners, Racks, Selling Chips and other goods?

See

http://amtminers.com/

opieum2

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:50:47 PM

And they are advertising the 1.2 units as 1.3.....to get 13THs out of 10 units. More lies with Joshua Zipkin.

opieum2

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:01:49 PM

What's ironic is they collected all this money from customers, and then spent it on going after institutional investors. They say they "can't afford" to give us refunds, simultaneously expanding the business into new areas. How is it they could not afford to give us back our money, but the could afford to do all these other things? Cloud mining, Litecoin miners, Racks, Selling Chips and other goods?

See

http://amtminers.com/

go to their social contact pages and tell your story Wink I think we all should. Might keep people informed on whats going on. Since Josh likes to optimize his search profile maybe we can keep that in perspective and truthful Wink

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2509

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

It seems that with his new AMT site, Joshua Zipkin is again trying to re-write things. Tried to get into my AMT account that was setup when I ordered back in Feb. and get: " No account with that name exists".

I take it he has purged the customer database thinking we will go away as well Roll Eyes

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:34:06 PM

We got emails with our orders in them...and emails from them. So even if they try to claim forged....its easy to prove the site was theirs. Joshua Zipkin is an idiot who has no idea how technology works.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:55:06 PM

I still never received anything when I won the auction listing last month.

He added $360 shipping costs per unit to almost double the winning bid (would still be an okay deal for me) and then insulted Bitpop as an escrow provider and virtually stopped paying any attention to my requests for payment info.

After a negative trust review he contacted me to make it right, basically offering them at the price I bidder, but almost a month later (ie: not a good price anymore). The alternative was that he would sell me asicminer tubes fit into a rack-mounting case for the price of the tubes, the case, shipping, and what was likely a $100 premium. Total bullshit business model

I never gave him a dime, but i support everyone in getting back what they are owed. Hopefully the BFL fraud investigation will spread to other fraudulent companies like amt and activemining

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
mrpark

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:09:17 PM

I was also told by AMT that since the bitcoin miner did not work. (it did not have a power supply) that they would be sending me another full computer that worked with power supply. This discussion was on Skype, but they never send me the new unit. 

opieum2

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:46:30 PM

I was also told by AMT that since the bitcoin miner did not work. (it did not have a power supply) that they would be sending me another full computer that worked with power supply. This discussion was on Skype, but they never send me the new unit. 

Hopefully you have that discussion saved. It will be necessary as well for legal proceedings both civil and criminal. Even if they are not made public they will be useful later on.

tonyca

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:11:07 PM

My story, This is Tony from Canada.

I ordered 2 1.2T/S miners from since Nov 12(invoice date Nov 13), 2013 last year, cost me total $11244 US($ 5155+$6089) from AMT(including one transferred from Carlos)

I supposed to be get my first one at beginning of January and 2nd one by the end of February this year. I inquired to find out what was going on, I keep following up since March 3 regarding my order, First time they told me they would ship my order by March 12(earlier of next week of March 3), but nothing coming, so I followed up again the said will ship to me at beginning of April. I keep following up and one day I went here for finding what was really happening. So start from April 16, I asked if they still cannot ship me
anything, just kindly refund me,  but still nothing happening,  until today,I still keep following up I mentioned we got new born baby in August and I need this money and asked them kindly refund my $11244, they just keep quiet and do nothing. This is ridiculous, they cannot just keep quiet. No such a business like this,I really got scared, I need this money for my new born baby.

I would like to  get my total $11244 back.

AMT, please kindly do refund for my 2 miners with currently bitpay rates to my Bitcoin address: 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4.
hope this refund can be settled ASAP.

BTC: 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4
AMT order #645 and #962, where is my refund?
totally amount is US(645#for $ 5155+#962 for $6089)= US$11244
opieum2

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:48:56 PM

As AMT is trying to dodge the bad reputation they gained, by creating a new domain. http://amtminers.com. They have their "old" page under so-called maintenance. The deceitful behavior is what is getting them in hot water since they still have not made things right for anyone yet.
Joshua Zipkin is the owner of http://amtminers.com and http://advancedminers.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=797048.0 Scam thread

As Joshua Zipkin is fond of using SEO (search engine optimization) tactics to try to rewrite his history and ignore us to fool new people, Its important people see the truth of how he does business. If you have any search queries you think would be relevant here...consider it a fun little game and toss them at the bottom of your posts in quotes like I did below. Google will pick up this thread before it will pick up his site. Also note capital vs not capital letters matters. I would urge everyone do this as we want visibility on this as well.

"amtminers Joshua Zipkin"
"amtminers joshua zipkin"
"Joshua Zipkin amtminers"
"joshua zipkin amtminers"
"amt miners"
"AMT miners"
"AMT Beam"
"Beam Miner"
"beam miner"
"Trey of chips"
"Amtminers.com scam"

Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

Nothing useful to say just quoting

"amt miners"
"AMT miners"
"AMT Beam"
"Beam Miner"
"beam miner"
"Trey of chips"
"Amtminers.com scam"

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
opieum2

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:15:27 PM

Feel free to create your own search queries in quotes as well Wink fun little game to see what we can come up with. It should elevate this thread pretty high up there.

Nothing useful to say just quoting

"amt miners"
"AMT miners"
"AMT Beam"
"Beam Miner"
"beam miner"
"Trey of chips"
"Amtminers.com scam"

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:17:30 PM

Make sure to file a report with the FTC. For those who lived on Mars, FTC recently closed down butterflylabs, and its CEO is most likely returning to jail. Butterfly labs was arguably less scammy than AMT. So file you complaint and ensure Josh and Sonny can share a cell Smiley.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: